Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost and Found Again

Started by DragonSong, September 19, 2019, 05:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"That..."

She stared at him for a moment, just...processing.

Then she sighed and found herself smiling down into her cup of warm milk, just for a moment. "That sounds...nice," she admitted quietly.

She sighed, looking around the camp again, and unthinkingly the truth just slipped out of her: "I wish I could stay here."

The words took a moment to register, but when they did she glanced to her host hurriedly and added, "If--if you would allow, of course. But I can't, anyway. I mean...not forever. I have--there's something I need to find. I can't...stay."

Imperfect_M

The Faerie girl was asking to take refuge here for a while, or so Aksho thought. He found it difficult to understand her with the way she stuttered or half-started her sentences. The elder beastman answered her with a simple shrug of his shoulders.

"Sleep here," he chuffed, nodding.

The beastman poured himself some water and dropped some spruce needles into it. Spruce tea, altogether common in most of Serendipity's village communities; or at least those villages that lived near the country's vast woodlands. He didn't seem concerned with Anoria's bedding or sleeping arrangements. There were plenty of pelts and furs to keep oneself warm, and plenty of shelter if one felt so inclined.
Cynbel 'Zima' Kovac-Graza - Lancer of House Graza

Aksho - Wandering Beast Fae

Beyhe Kanayhen - Weaver, Trader, Legend

Taernichanthach - Knight of the Pale Queen

Rel Usaad - Iron Dragon, back from the dead.

Tá-ngouà-yè-tlokui-à-tsokè - Lizardman, Seeker of the Sun

Tee-kup - Goblin Wizard Extraordinaire!

Calen Ardanel - Vampiric Lord of Castle Luna Nova

Ahib and Vedi - Twin Dryads of the Draconi

Tathfheithleann - Certified Alchemist

DragonSong

"...Thank you."

Again, those unfamiliar words, spoken sincerely for the first time in a long time. She even tried for a small smile as she dipped her head to him fractionally. She watched him make his tea, sipping quietly at her own drink.

Eventually, she felt strong enough to rise from her seat and make her way toward one of the--at least to her--seemingly haphazard shelters and settle herself on a bed of moss and furs. She didn't seem inclined to sleep, but it was clear that the rest was needed, as a sharpness around her edges seemed to fade just a bit once she settled herself.