Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

City Limits

Started by visualspice, June 23, 2022, 03:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

His brows raised.
"A serenian duchess? That's heresy," came his voice, a drawl laced with mockery. He paused for a moment before speaking again.
"You have my word I.. shall remain behaved until your return."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Haven't you heard? Heresy is all the rage these days."

Smiling a bit to herself, Reina added, "And you have my thanks. I promise you won't have to remain behaved for long."

visualspice

Leif snorted, not that she'd hear it. Green eyes went to the wall, staring listless for a moment.
"How long shall I have to wait?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Hopefully not more than two hours," Reina replied quickly. "After that...well, there's nothing really keeping you here. But I'm not sure how much you know about those two men who were trying to kill you last night—it might not be safe for you to be out alone."

visualspice

Leif pursed his lips.
"We'll talk when you return." And he closed his eyes, his statement implying the end of the conversations, or perhaps he just wished it so.

His head was pounding and he wished he had more to drink.

DragonSong

Reina was gone for nearly two and a half hours before she returned to the townhouse her family had rented for the duration of their stay in the country.

And it was two hours too long, in her opinion. Gods, her brother was an idiot.

She sighed, rubbing her temples as she made her way back to the room where the erstwhile Duke was being hosted.

visualspice

By the time the woman returned, the Duke was sitting casual, but neatly , on a chaise lounge with green eyes trained on a book. If he heard her return, he made no motion in reply.

DragonSong

"Good book?"

Reina breezed into the room like she owned it—which, technically, she did—and promptly moved to the small vanity to begin pulling the pins and ties from her hair, allowing it to curl down around her shoulders.

"Honestly, I'm not sure I expected you to still be here," she noted blithely.

visualspice

Duke Arrant didn't stir, eyes still trained towards the book. He turned a page.

"Dour evening?"

DragonSong

"Oh no. Far too lively, actually."

She turned to face him, propping one hip against the edge of the vanity and folding her arms loosely over her chest. "But you don't really care about my evening, do you, your grace?"

visualspice

"About as much as you'd care for mine," he drawled. There was a silence before he responded to her earlier question.
"And I'm here because I owe a debt."
And he wasn't fond of the notion, either.
"I might be an asshole, but I'm not that kind of an asshole," he admitted, closing his book and finally peering over in her direction.

DragonSong

"A debt, hm?" She cocked her head and arched one eyebrow even higher. With her hair down, in a regular walking dress, rather than the ball gown he'd seen her in before, she looked...sweet. Verging on "naive"—if it weren't for the sharp intelligence behind her eyes.

"I suppose I did save your life," she drawled lazily. "Some might call that a kind of debt, mm?" She tilted her head the other way. "Just how were you planning on paying it?"

visualspice

His gaze was implacable.
"If I knew that answer, I still wouldn't be here," he assured her, words cold as stone.

DragonSong

She merely raised her eyebrows a little higher at him. "Well, that tone is certainly not the most polite place to begin," she pointed out with all the infuriating calm of a woman who had been raised on manners and decorum classes just as much as mother's milk. "But if you're so determined to pay me back regardless—what exactly can you do for me, your grace? Perhaps that might spark some ideas."

visualspice

The Duke gave her a long eyed gaze.
"We live in politics. I assure you,  as a Serenain, there must be at least something of interest from us priggish Connlothians. Money, connections, power.." he shrugged. "I do owe you a life."

DragonSong

"Hmmmm..." Reina tapped a finger to her lips, considering.

Money? She had access to a lefty of that, should she wish it. Technically, the inheritance was Mischa's—but both she and her brother knew he really had no right to deny her a few eccentricities, should she ask.

Connections? With her brother's upcoming marriage, she couldn't imagine the family needed a much stronger ties to Connlaothian nobility. Though there was always the chance the marriage might fall through...

Power? Now, that might be interesting. Maybe.

"What sort of power do you mean?" she asked after a moment.

visualspice

Leif hadn't been entirely ready for her to take that bait, but who was he to care of consequence?

"Connections, status, marriage.." he shrugged.  "Although I'm sure your brother's arrangements offer some of those. " He'd shrug if he cared. "I suppose I could offer you the same."

DragonSong

Her eyebrows shot up.

"The same...you mean a marriage?"

Well.

That...was certainly a thought.

Huh.

visualspice

He gave a slow tilt of hid head. He wasn't exactly meaning to take her off guard. Were not all nobles the same? Men had connections, could host marriages and engagements and...

He stiffened.

Oh.

Her thoughts went to....

Well, he supposed it wouldn't matter who ended up as his next wife. A Serenian would give the whole country the middle finger....

And she wasn't bad to look at.  Maybe she'd atleast be good I'm bed. He'd kept himself mostly untouched since his wife's passing....

But He'd mourn that forever.

And would die alone for her if he could.

But here he was.
Alive.
Still in the damn politics game.

And he owed his life to a Serenian.

"That would be your own choice of sentence "

There were, of course, worse options , he imagined. Older,vulgar men...
If she cared for looks, atleast he was of good stock,  a sturdy bloodline.

Purely Connlaothian. 

And he was... not exactly the best husband material but he'd be fair enough if she were owed it

DragonSong

Reina considered that.

It wasn't...the worst idea. Even with Misha's marriage in place, stronger connections outside of Serendipity could certainly be leveraged to their benefit, with the right considerations.

But...well, she didn't particularly want to be married. Particularly not to a man she'd met only the night before, who seemed to have a propensity for drink. And general churlishness.

"I'll...consider it," she said slowly.

And than a thought struck her: a vaguely mad thought, but one she couldn't shake.

"Your Grace...I don't suppose you're in need of a court sorcerer?"