Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Supernova [spice]

Started by DragonSong, September 14, 2022, 01:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Almost unconsciously, Lily curled slightly onto her side, toward him--and instinctive move of a body craving the warmth of another. It was a subtle motion, but just enough that it drew another tired sigh from her lips.

"A prayer?"

It struck her, suddenly, that he may be offering more for himself than for her. And while she was certainly struggling with any sort of gratitude toward their God at the moment, she could not make herself begrudge him for it.

So she said quietly, "If you like, serrah..." Her eyes slid closed, and it was so difficult for her to open them again, they were so heavy...

What faint power she had left flickered warily, but it could do little more then lift a few strands of hair around her face int he barest breath of wind.

visualspice

Kentamin nodded. 
"I hope the words bring comfort to you," he murmured,  in earnest. Truthfully, as he prayed,  it was in partial part to him dragging his feet. The ritual he had to perform took a lot of focus; strength of will and mind. At present, he was still very much distracted by who he needed to 'save'. But as he finished his prayer he grew quiet,  simply studying her curled form.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Lily allowed her eyes to slide closed as he spoke, listening more to the cadence of his voice than to the words themselves.

She wasn't asleep, but she was still clearly exhausted, simply lying there with her eyes closed as she curled just a bit more in on herself. In fact, the only thing that betrayed she was still conscious was the rhythm of her breath--just a bit too fast to be truly restful.

visualspice

He couldn't help but smile at her form below him.
"How do you feel?" He asked softly,  then added, in hopes to lighten the mood. "Or has my words of prayer put you to sleep?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Her lips twitched fractionally at the side in the beginnings of a smile.

"Not quite," she replied in little more than a whisper. "I'm just...tired. It—it feels like after a fit. When I would faint. But I was awake the whole time..."

visualspice

Kentamin frowned.

"And you've always suffered with these,  or rather- for some time now." He lowered his head in thought.

"How.. would you describe it? Your magics. If you can describe them to me, it will help me during my ritual  "

Sure he could see them. But what was it like to her?

DragonSong

"It's..."

She frowned, eyes still closed. "Before...I didn't know. I would have these...well, I thought they were dreams, sometimes, but..."

She exhaled slowly, trying to figure out how to explain something that was still so new to her. "It's like...it's part of me, but it isn't. And—" Ashe but her lip, then whispered, "And it's afraid. It feels like...a wild horse. Lashing out, afraid, angry..."

visualspice

Frowning at her description,  he asked,  "Does it feel.. connected to you? Or.. like parasitic? I'm sorry for asking such intimate questions, but they will help with the procedure. Telling me all that you know can only better prepare us both."

DragonSong

She grimaced a bit and turned slowly onto her other side. She was restless, but so weary that she couldn't even toss and turn properly.

"It's...part of me," she murmured eventually. "I don't know how I know...I didn't even know it was there...but it's connected."

visualspice

He frowned.  It was as he feared. These were always the most difficult powers to handle and he paused to consider the fact she might be incorrect. But he doubted it muchly. 

"Your magics.. can you describe them to me? To the best you can. I know it can be difficult. "

DragonSong

She shook her head, pressing her face into the pillow.

"I don't know," she whispered wretchedly. "The storm, before...I th-think that was me. And Jorris..." Tears welled up in her voice, but she choked out, "My brother said—he started to notice things. Inexplicable winds or rains. They happened when—when I would have one of those fits..."

visualspice

Kentamin chewed over the small bits of information he was afforded. 

"So you feel there's a connection? To things like wind and rain.. even the storms?"

He recalled their fresh incident, but he wanted to let her explain. 

DragonSong

She nodded.

"Yes."

She'd always loved storms. Loved sitting in the window of her bedroom, or tucked away in the library of their country estate, listening to rain against the rooftops. When she was younger, before her "fits" had become so frequent as to keep her mother's watchful eye ever on her, she used to sneak out into the rain and just...be. Let the wind whip her skirts and hair, soaked the chilled droplets into her skin.

Now...she wondered what that meant. Was it because of her magic? Or did her magic take its form because she loved storms?

"They're...sort of beautiful, aren't they?" she murmured, back to Kentamin. She couldn't bear to look at him as she said it, though there was a desperate longing in her voice that she couldn't hide. Longing for someone, anyone, to understand.

visualspice

Kentamin frowned at this explanation. Had she this affliction when she was so young? And now, as she matured, a lady of the purest, had it manifest then as she come to age? It wasn't unlikely, and in fact, practical;- many cases were like this, especially among the gentile. But it didn't necessarily make this any easier.

At her comment, he peered towards the window where the weather was now tame.
He thought to the raw power of a summer storm, and how mighty the lightning flashes were, how strong the earth rumbling thunder was. He gave a small smile, though it was empty.

How terrifying for such a woman, or any, to own it. 

He needed to do this. For her sake...
and for his.

He swallowed the knot in his throat and returned his gaze to Lily.

"They are."

He took her hand gently and lifted it to his lips and kissed it softly.

"But I am here to help you let go. Lily... These.. storms, your connection, your... ability, it's a plague. You understand this, do you not?"

DragonSong

For the briefest moment, something that wasn't magic--something purely emotional--swelled in her chest.

Just for a moment.

A plague. Of course. Of course, it was. That was why he was here--why her family had sent for him. She was dangerous.

"I...know," she whispered, and even though she really, truly thought she believed it, the words still tasted like a lie. She exhaled slowly, closing her eyes again. "I know..."

visualspice

Kentamin allowed her a moment to herself. It felt like the right thing to do. From his brief experience with mages (or at least the mages he had began to actually 'feel' for more like humans than just another enemy...),he harvested similar sympathies.

She was born this way, not cursed. It wasn't her choice. It was a power beyond her control.

And Ansgar sent him to rectify that.

He reached out and took her hand, sensing her tension and knowing she would need the comfort.

"I am truly sorry you have to go through any of this. It never seems fair when innocent souls like yourself must be tortured so. We can only thank Ansgar for the miracles that can be worked to help yield a cure."

DragonSong

"Of course." She couldn't open her eyes, couldn't make herself look at him. "Lucky. I'm lucky..."

visualspice

Kentamin's smile was small and sympathetic. 

"You are, " he Whispered,  squeezing her hand comfortingly.
"Not everyone who goes through this has a friend in their side "

DragonSong

She gave his hand a soft squeeze in returned, but she was just too damn tired, too overwhelmed, to smile back.

"Thank you," she murmured with another soft sigh. "I...well. I suppose...we'd best get on with it?" She managed to open her eyes long enough to find his, silver dulled to a flat gray. "Before something else happens..."

visualspice

Get on with it...
Kentamin licked his lips. He hated to admit it but he was dragging his feet.  He wanted to continue to ignore the pressure of his task,  the very real fear of it, but how much longer could he delay?

"Yes, I bet you're anxious to be freed."

He felt his throat thicken at the very word. It somehow sounded wrong.