Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Supernova [spice]

Started by DragonSong, September 14, 2022, 01:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"...Yes."

Freed.

Of course. That was what she wanted. To be free. Free of this magic.

...Right?

She lay there, unsure what else—if anything—she could do.

visualspice

Kentamin watched her and it pained him.

"Are you nervous?" He asked softly. "Don't be. I'll be here with you, every step of the way. "
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She nodded. "I know. I'm sorry, I'm just..."

She turned her face away from him, clenching her eyes shut. "Please just—do it. I can't—this waiting is torture..."

visualspice

The guilt that riddled him was near insurmountable. He almost lost his nerve. 

But he did something else that was far more strange, more alien to him when he suddenly embraced her, pulling her in close and secure for a comfort, an embrace- and just held her, knowing both he and she might need it, as he rest his chin upon her shoulder and whispered.

"This endeavor was, by no means, meant to torture you, my lady, but it is not a task that will be quick, nor easy..."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh--!"

Lily's eyes suddenly snapped open as she found him pulling her into an embrace. A small voice in the back of her mind began screeching about propriety--and she ignored it.

Since her brother had revealed his suspicions to their family, no one had dared get near enough to touch her, let alone hold her.

She screwed her eyes shut and leaned into the hug, pressing her face into his shoulder. "I know," she whispered, voice thick. "I know you--you just want to help me. Thank you, Kentamin..."

visualspice

Kentamin released a long breath as he held her, the embrace so tight- as if he may never let her go.

"This... what I'm about to do.. it'll hurt. Tear at you..." he began, words getting caught thickly as he tried to clear it away.

"I don't want to lie to you. But there's no other way that is known to cure this.."

Why did it have to be her?

DragonSong

Lily shivered, and clung to him a little tighter. God, she just needed the comfort. "I'm scared," she whispered into his shoulder. "I'm so scared..."

She swallowed, took a breath, then forced herself to pull away. She tried to smile at him, though the expression was tremulous and watery. "But I—I know you want to help. Even if it hurts...I know you're just trying to help me..."

visualspice

Kentamin frowned. He.. she... there was so much more at risk than just pain....

And he didn't want to lie to her. Not when....

"There's... more risk than just pain," he began, studying her. 

DragonSong

Lily stared at him with those big silver eyes. She knew what he was saying, somehow, but still...she had to ask.

"What do you mean?"

visualspice

Kentamin frowned, then pressed his lips into a line. 
"This.. procedure can sometimes kill," he professed, words barely above a whisper- eyes never leaving hers. 

DragonSong

Her heart sank. Yes, that had been exactly what she was afraid he was going to say.

Eyes downcast, she stared at her hands in her lap and whispered, "My--my family would have known that. When they sent for you." She took a breath and lifted her chin, though her bottom lip wobbled treacherously. "If...if this is what they decided is best for me, then I'll do it."

She could do this. She could face this. She could be brave. Even if the knowledge that her family had judged the risks and found her death a more preferable outcome than living with the shame of magic broke her heart.

visualspice

At her resignation, Kentamin felt something inside him break.

It wasn't fair.  She shouldn't have to suffer so...

And yet...

Since when had he become a mage sympathizer?

He felt even guiltier for thinking that. The solid lump that formed wouldn't go away, and he found himself withdrawing back to his internal prayers from his youth....

"Very well.." his voice croaked as he with drew himself from her side. "I won't make you wait any longer."

Before the man lost his nerve, he returned to his pack .. both to finish preparing but also to keep his eyes away from her.

DragonSong

"...Thank you." With his back to her, she could wipe at her eyes without fear of being observed--a silly instinct, perhaps, but she wanted to appear brave. Despite the fact that he had clearly already seen the worst of her emotional break.

"Is--" Her throat closed up and she had to swallow twice before she could continue. "What do I need to do? Is there...anything you need from me, for this to work?"

visualspice

Kentamin stared into his bad of things, the iron cuffs within reminding him of scarred screams of rhe past. They were used for.. the unruly of patients. He bowed his head, praying silently he wouldn't need them.

At her words he tensed. 

Need...?

"Just pray," he told her softly before rising again. 

DragonSong

Lily sniffed, sniffing and wiping her eyes again, but she kept her expression as calm and neutral as she could when he turned back to her. Hands clasped in her lap, she bowed her head slightly and waited for him to begin.

visualspice

Most of the preparation was mental. If a confessor was not in the right state of mind, he could risk harming not only himself, but the intended. Death... was by far the worst result, and so far he had only seen it happen on the opposing party, not himself- but even he knew of the consequences. After all... his duty was to absorb her magics away, draw them out of her and allow his own powers to suffocate them into holy oblivion.

And although he was feeling more confident in this ability than he had before- he never fully felt confident enough.  His training was a trial by fire at best, and with the war...
Most of his training was this way. The church had little time to waste, especially when the war was so heated those many years ago...

Kentamin suddenly felt older than he was, and...
Tired.

But.. he had a job to do. He had to cure Lily. It was the only way to secure her soul with Asngar. The only way to make true peace. And with that resolve, he drew in a breath and approached.

She was so pale looking, so small as she sat, kneeling in prayer. A jab of guilt hit him and he hesitated, though briefly before he moved over towards her side. He bowed his own head, resting am open hand upon the top of her head.

"Continue to pray," he told her softly, before drawing in another breath- and beginning a prayer of his own.

DragonSong

Pray.

What was she supposed to pray for? Her life? Her salvation?

Could she have both?

...Did she want both?

No. No, she needed this gone, she needed Kentamin to heal her. She nodded silently, just a slightly movement of her hand under his head. She was tense, trembling; she had no idea what was about to happen, what she was meant to feel, and she was sick with nerves.

visualspice

It was hard to ignore the feelings towards the girl, but he forced them down with ferocity, reminding himself why he was here and why he chose this path.. this creation to salvation. 

Words poured from his lips, ones he practiced so many times when learning how to quell the magics. He needed to focus, the words more a beacon than a spell, and he thought to the words, over the words, as he prayed and prayed until he felt his mind finally slacken and the sudden trickling thrill of an internal vacuum awoke- and soon he felt his own energies opening up...

Abd began to creep and tear into the young woman beneath his trance.

DragonSong

At first she didn't feel much of anything. Just the nervous trembling of her own body.

Then the chill started—first in the tips of her fingers, a subtle, biting tingle, as though she had stayed out too long ungloved in winter weather. Then it started to spread, and it grew from a chill to a freezing, gnawing cold that was so intense it burned as it traveled through her body.

Lily's breath started to grow reached, a tiny whimper of pain caught in her throat as she flinched slightly under Kentamin's hand on her brow. But she forced herself to remain as still as she could, teeth clenched as her body began to shake in earnest.

visualspice

Kentamin's brow began to sweat, hand clammy on her forehead. But he pressed onward, feeling that sensation, that pull from her body and he continued, keeping that pathway open as her magics continued to siphon away. 

As it were, he felt his own body tingling, his mind feeling detached and numbed of this world. He could see well of it to know what he was doing and what was happening but he was falling into a spell from the chant that he almost wondered if any of this were real...
If he was truly subjecting Lily to this torture.

But then he felt his focus slip and stumbled over his words, the internal pathway cutting away from her pool of magics and he felt it.. going off the pathway...

And cutting into her very force of life.