Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Supernova [spice]

Started by DragonSong, September 14, 2022, 01:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Something was wrong. That wild, raging part of her reared its head, trying to push back, to fight, to save itself--save her--from the leeching, terrible cold.

But it couldn't. She was too weak. Her breath grew even shallower, the temperature of his skin dropping to something icy.

visualspice

Internally, Kentamin gasped. This pull on her life force was inescapable, the pathways between powers so jolting yet he couldn't stop. 

No. No. No!

It was like that time before, where he couldn't focus.. where he pulled the wrong threads and..

NO! He had to find his way back, had to leech onto the offending powers before..

He sensed it.. what he was hunting for and frantically rushed his anchor after it, the leech from her life force tearing away like hot wax from skin. But he was more focused now, determined, and reached out and latched into the source again. He swore he felt it writhing.. almost crying as he latched on again-

None the wiser how the drain at her life energies may be affecting Lily as Kentamin continued to pull.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Stop.

She was too weak to speak, almost too weak to breathe—but what was left of her power reached out to the nearest life it could, bringing her desperate thoughts with it.

Make it...stop... Killing...me...please... They were as much emotion as words, desperation and fear and a soul-deep grief all rolled into one.

visualspice

The sudden grief- he desperation hit him like a cold blast of water. He grimaced, keeping his grip but not slacking on his pull. No.. no no no. He couldn't stop. He had to...

But then he felt her... the connection.. the rawness..
The wrongness. And he realized he held onto something else-

and he began to feel the thrum.. the thump thump thumping life force of her being and...

it startled him to realize what he was doing that the tether suddenly snapped and inside their own minds- something seemed to just scream as a rush of agonizing chaos surged and Kentamin felt himself suffocate, drown- fall away and scramble to reach out- to grab onto something anything before he'd simply fade away...
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

The scream that tore from Lily's throat wasn't entirely her own--it was as though her magic itself made the sound, a last desperate burst to save itself as the connection between her and Kentamin seemed to implode.

And it was that magic moving on instinct that brushed against Kentamin's own consciousness and wrapped around it as both he and Lily began to sink into cool darkness, drawing them together with the faintest whisper of rain-tinged wind.

visualspice

The entire house hold was in alarm- and they moved.. fast. A messenger was sent back in a rush to the church, and the cold body of the unconscious templar was taken swiftly to a nearby room, where he could be tended upon by house staff and healers alike.

It seemed the church healers were in a bit of a tizzy, not certain they could comfort the family that 'everything will be alright'. They weren't even sure the pair would survive the night.

"This is why magics are very dangerous.. and this art... to remove it.. is equally dangerous. Your daughters body would have fought against it- for in a sense, the templar was trying to remove a piece of her. Your daughter.. must be strong, to have resisted so. We.. do apologize that there is not much we can do now except feed them with healing potions and.. simply wait as we pray to Ansgar's name."

DragonSong

Lily was floating in cold darkness. There was nothing--no light, no noise, no air, and yet somehow she wasn't dying.

I'm dreaming, she realized vaguely.

Her newfound core of power flickered weakly in the center of her chest. She winced, pressing a hand over the spot as though she might be able to physically push the magic back.

It flickered again, and suddenly in the nothingness there was a faint breeze, carrying with it the scent of spring rain. Lily drew in a shaky breath, turning her head to follow it.

Was...was that...was someone else there?

visualspice

And whatever it was, shrunk away. It seemed alone.. and frightened. But was it even a.. thing? For in appearance there was nothing. But it's presence was simply felt. And it was shivering and shying away from whatever form of consciousness approached it.

DragonSong

"...Hello?"

Her voice simultaneously seemed to echo, and to fade immediately into nothingness. She winced, then shook her head and tried again as she took a step forward into the dark, following the scent of rain.

"Is...is anyone there?"

visualspice

Was that.. that a voice? It seemed familiar and he rose to listen to it, becoming less afraid of the strange unknown and more curious of the voice.. the sound...

So he too, called back, "Hello? Yes.. someone's here. ..hello?"

DragonSong

Was that...?

"Kentamin?" Lily called, first cautiously, and then again, louder, "Kentamin? Is that--are you here?"

visualspice

Everything seemed.. felt surreal..distorted. He felt neither close nor far away, his eyes faired the same. He also felt heavy and light- warm and cool...

He couldn't focus nor make sense. Was he floating? Was he walking?

He heard something just then..

A voice..

A name..

It was familiar..

His name. But not just that...

The voice....

A shred of memory lingered abd he clung to it, trying desperately to comprehend  ...
A name..her name..

She...

Then it clicked. 

"Lily?!"

He called out into the void, his voice echoing but also growing louder and softer as he looked around.

DragonSong

It was him!

"Kentamin!" Lily started moving hurriedly toward the sound--not quite running, not yet, but only because this all felt so dream-like that she was worried if she tried to run she would only find herself moving in place.

"Here!" she called, looking around frantically. "I--I'm here..."

visualspice

He could hear her voice. It was her. Yet...
Still.. he could see nothing through a wade of shadows. 

"Are you okay?" He called out, not even sure which direction to call to her. It seemed every direction was the same.

DragonSong

"I..."

She looked around. She could hear him, but she couldn't actually figure out where his voice was coming from.  "I...think so," she murmured at length. "I'm--I'm not entirely sure, to be honest with you."

She bit her lip. "Can you--can you find me?"

visualspice

The whole place was so strange- as if floating in a pool without water. It also felt like he was falling but also simply being carried. Weightless yet weighted.

"I can't see!" He called out to her voice.

"Where.. where are we? What is this place? Why is it so dark?"

His voiced echoed but it was hard to tell if it carried.

DragonSong

"I--I don't know..."

His voice...she'd thought she was following his voice, but as she took another step she realized she was following a scent: fresh rain and cold air thick with ozone. The scent just before a storm.

Carefully, one step at a time, she reached out blindly into the darkness in front of her. "This isn't--this isn't part of the ritual, is it?" she asked, a little desperately.

visualspice

Everything suddenly felt as though it sank like ice into his toes.

The ritual...

Could it be? Was this what the priest's feared? He shivered at the idea. And also felt the weight of guilt about it....

He has been distracted... worried about her...

And his soul flared out to protect her.

So.. was this... inside their souls? Had the paired died? Was this the afterlife?

He shivered, not quite sure what to say or what this all meant.

"I.. I think it is apart of the ritual...." he confessed; each word feeling like lead on its confession.

DragonSong

She did not like the way he said that. Like he was...scared.

"But--" She swallowed, putting together the pieces of what he hadn't said. "But you didn't...do this on purpose, did you? This wasn't meant to happen..."

she took another step into the darkness, and suddenly her outstretched hand bumped against something. Something warm and solid. She gasped, started to pull her hand back, then suddenly grabbed for that something, desperately needing the anchor.

"Kentamin?"

visualspice

Strangely, her connection peeled the unknown from the shadows- and the Templar was indeed what she had reached for as he spun to face her in shock.

"Lily?!" His form flickered like a candle as he studied her, blurting out the words. "Are you okay?" A hand reached out to hold her arm- she felt solid enough. So was this... not a dream? Dred pooled as ice in his belly at the very idea- for it only leant towards the very real conclusion that he was absolutely and utterly lost at this.

This wasn't supposed to happen.