Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Returning home (open)

Started by Nahashsan, March 04, 2023, 05:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahashsan

"You are very stubborn, you know that." He  said as he stood up.  "You're only going to make that ankle worse pushing yourself like this" he gave a big sigh.  " I can't force you to take my help but I ask that you reconsider".

visualspice

She shot him a look but the fact her dog was still at Soules' side made her frown.

"I'm not your problem.. I'm nobodies problem. And I've lived fine this far with just Dozen so I'll be fine." 

She gave a pat to her side and called Dozen over but...

Dozen remained at Soules' side.

Frowning she tried again but got the same results and pressed her lips onto a line, frustratedly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nahashsan

Running his hand through his hair, Soules looked up and saw the the sun was starting to set already. 

"Since I doubt I'm going to change your mind lets change the subject. It's starting to get late and I have yet to find a place to stay. Do you know any go inn's around here preferably one with a stable attached?" As he spoke he petted Dozen who had been following him around.

He really wanted to help the young lady out but he k ew that he couldn't force her.

visualspice

She eyed him, almost indignantly.  Then she sighed.
"There's stables besides the Tusten Tavern and Inn. At the end of the main road on town. It's hard to miss."

She pointed in the general direction then made an attempt to stand. On her bum leg, it was difficult- but eventually she got there, but heavily favored the other leg so as not to reopen the clotting wound.

She tried again to call for Dozen. He pulled his ears back but still didn't move.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nahashsan

He watched Althea struggle to stand and it frustrated him to no end.  He couldn't just leave her like this but she refused help.

"Come on Dozen, go to your owner. You can't come with me." He said gently push the dog towards his owner but the dog just laid down and refused to move.

Soules moved closer to Althea and Dozen got up and followed to only lay back down as soon as he stopped.  "I don't know why your dog has taken to me like this, it's strange.

visualspice

The young woman sighed hotly.
"He's as stubborn as I am.." she grumbled to herself.

Since it seemed that neither was going anywhere no time soon, she decided she'd make the first attempts to leave.

Only as she did so, even as she took her time- her leg hurt like Ansgar's backside.  And as she moved she found herself falling into the back of a building for support.

All the while Dozen gently nudged Soules towards his mistress.

Nahashsan

" This is just hard to watch" he exclaimed  as he watched lean on the wall for support. "You're not going to make it a hundred feet in your poor state"

The dog nudged him forward as if telling him to help.

He threw his hand up in frustration then grab her arm on her bad side. "Please relax I'm only trying to help. Once I get you somewhere safe I'm off to Ajhfeld to see if I can find Xanti".

visualspice

She was all but resigned to his help- but when he grabbed onto her smarting arm she hissed and reflexively tried to pull away. But even as she stumbled to do so, her ever so helpful mutt of a dog helped nudged her rhe other way- so that as she tried to retreat she ended up falling into Soules' arms with a gasp.

Nahashsan

Soules took a half step back to brace himself as the lass fell into his arms. "Sorry about that," he said as he helped her back up keeping one arm on her for support.

"If you don't mind, could you lead the way and I'll follow along to give you something to lean on.  We still have a little sunlight left so lets just take it nice and slow." He spoke with as best of a calming voice as he could while trying not to sound patronizing.

Looking back he gave a sharp whistle and Max came trotting up behind them. " it's a  shame you can't ride with that bum leg. Max could get you home in no time at all."

visualspice

She blushed, embarrassed at how clumsy she'd become. Instead, she worked on swallowing down her pride.. that was until the large beast of a horse showed up- and the girl visibly froze.

She never much liked horses, and didn't realize sge has begun to cling onto Soules. 

Nahashsan

Soules was confused by her behavior. One minute she was stand offish the next she was practically climbing him.

"What has gotten into you" he ask as he looked down at her

visualspice

"I.. er.." she squirmed, face almost red as her hair. She turned away, muttering.

"I don't like horses."

Nahashsan

He gave a small chuckle " is that all." Soules looked around for a moment before finding what he was looking for. " just a little ways into town there is a pub with some hitching post out front" he stated

"Can you tolerate Max long enough for us to reach the pub or should I set you down for a minute while I take him?" He ask nicely.

visualspice

She held her tongue and damn near swallowed it to try and avoid embarrassing herself any further. She shook her head .

"I'll be fine. I just.. " she drew in a careful breath. "I'll tolerate it." She went on, closing her eyes.

Nahashsan

He could tell she was very uncomfortable so he was surprised when she agreed to go on. He shook his head, she was so stubborn.

He lead the way to the pub being mindful of his speed while they walked. Soon enough they came to a brightly lit building with a sign hanging over the door of two crossed tankards above the words Flanagan's pub.

He took her up to the railing in front to the pub.  "Hang on to this while I tie Max up"

visualspice

She nodded and stared around the area, studying every inch around them before shifting uncomfortably and pulling a cloth over her hair, using it to obscure her face.

She didn't like going out in public much- atleast not as an obvious girl. Too much unwanted attention came with being female. Thankfully, grey clouds darkening in the distance brought promise of rain- and that meant most wouldn't linger outside.

Nahashsan

With his hands now free, it only took Soules a moment to lash Max's rains to the hitching post.  "I'll be back soon," he said to his horse as he patted him on the neck.

Once done, he returned to Althea.  The sun had all but set by than but what sky could be seen was heavy with rain clouds.  "Looks like we need to get a move on.  So which way is your house" He asked.

visualspice

She stared away, thoughtful at the thunder. Then she sighed.

"Threzzent Field. The slums there. Very back of the alleyways. "

Nahashsan

Soules could only sigh and shake his head.  He was from Ajhfeld and had spent most of the war stationed in the south.  He hadn't spent much time in Reajh other than passing through.  "I haven't the foggiest clue where that is. Just tell me where to turn."

With that said he retrieved the young lady from in front of the pub. Being mindful of her wounds he placed a arm around her for support and started walking in what he thought was the right direction.

visualspice

She gave him a puzzled expression.. but then again.. right, he was an outsider. 

"Just continue down this way.. we're.. not exactly that close.." which was part of the reason she wanted to just be off on her own.... even if it would take forever in her state