Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

sooo does anyone want ankle rope burn (open)

Started by fish, March 27, 2023, 10:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish

"Don't have to," Onca responded gruffly. "I'm fine." He shifted with the intent to stand up, reaching his hand into one of his pouches to procure the payment. It was clear he wanted to leave immediately. Nerys shifted over to block the side of the cot.

"I can never tell if strangers like you even have ears to hear what I just said. You hardly lasted thirty seconds, let alone thirty minutes. Your companion here hasn't even finished her tea yet," Nerys gestured to Asta. Onca stared at them, settling begrudgingly back onto the cot.

"Don't even know her. She's not staying," he concluded bluntly. A vein almost visibly popped on Nerys' neck.

"I'm taking that as a prediction and an incorrect one at that rather than a demand to her, especially right after she gave you her word she'd help." Nerys shook her head. Onca only huffed in response, but finally sat still for the duration he was ordered.

When they were finally allowed to leave, Onca unceremoniously dropped his hand onto the counter near the entrance, leaving adequate payment for Nerys to receive before hobbling out with Asta's support. Nerys took one last look at the two and called out to them with her version of a farewell.

"You take care now, you hear? As a healer, I hope I don't have to see you again so I know I did my job right."

DragonSong

Asta smiled at the healer and gave her a nod, replying, "Thank you so much for your help," even as she tried to keep her—reluctant—companion upright. She liked to think she was plenty competent when it came to most physical exercises; she was no strongman, but she was able to do more than most people would assume from looking at her. Still, she'd been carting this hunter around for the better part of a day, and it was most definitely starting to wear on her.

"I can take you back to my cottage," she sighed, considering. She was turning Nerys's instructions for his care over in her mind. "You may have to ride again...do you think you can manage that?"