Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cursed Linens [Spice]

Started by MorningStar, February 05, 2024, 02:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorningStar

@visualspice

---

The night on the extravagant boat was ablaze with light and laughter, a spectacle for the privileged. Sera, a charming rogue with a flair for revelry, found himself in the midst of swirling dances and clinking glasses. His quick wit and easy charm earned him the favor of the party's host, while he effortlessly maneuvered through the sea of elegant gowns and polished suits.

Amidst the festivities, Sera's laughter resonated, his charismatic presence drawing the attention of the many women who sought the thrill of his company. He danced, he flirted, and he reveled in the merriment that seemed boundless on this luxurious vessel. The night, however, unfolded with a series of indulgences, each sip of wine and every stolen moment with the enchanting women taking him further into a realm of intoxication.

As the revelry peaked, Sera found himself on the ship's deck, a heady mix of laughter and inebriation surrounding him. The distant waves and twinkling stars blurred in his vision, and the air seemed to sway with his every step. A final, hearty cheer echoed in his ears as he raised his glass for a toast, the world spinning around him.

The next thing Sera knew, darkness consumed him. The gentle lull of the ship became a distant memory as his consciousness slipped away. The waves whispered secrets as he succumbed to the inky abyss, a fateful voyage that led him to wake on foreign shores.

---

Some time later

---

"Ansgar's ballsack, it's hot!"

The relentless sun beat down on the Moraki Desert, casting a relentless heat that shimmered off the golden sand dunes. Seraphim, or Sera as he preferred, trudged through the unforgiving terrain, completely unaware that his latest detour off the caravan route had led him into uncharted territory. A misadventure in Essyrn had landed him in this predicament, far from his homeland of Connlaoth, and his sense of direction seemed as lost as his memories of the fateful night he had crashed a noble's party.

Having received dubious information from a local with a questionable grasp of his language, Sera attempted to navigate through the desert maze. His attempts at charm and wit, usually effective in his homeland, fell on unfamiliar ears. The promise of a free passage back to Connlaoth hung like a tantalizing mirage, just out of reach, as he stumbled from one wrong path to another. Frustration bubbled within him, and he began to suspect that the helpful local had sent him on a wild goose chase just for the sheer amusement of it.

As he climbed a rocky cliff, each step filled with an increasing sense of impending doom, Sera's thoughts raced, blending grumbles about his life choices with colorful curses directed at the mysterious guide. In the midst of his disgruntled monologue, a fragile surface gave way beneath his foot, and he found himself plummeting through an unexpected opening. Panic gripped him as he hurtled through the unknown, convinced that this was the end.

The descent was swift, and as he braced for impact, he collided with something hard, shattering it with the force of his back. The sudden stop left him with the wind knocked out of him and sprawled on something surprisingly... soft?

"I think I cracked my ass," he groaned with bitter resignation, his dramatic musings momentarily overshadowed by the realization that he was still very much alive, and his ass was already cracked to begin with.

visualspice

A moment later, after the dust began to settle- a soft, distinctly feminine sound came from beneath. Something gentle prodding him before he'd finally hear the words ,"Umm.. excuse me.. uh... sir?"

The woman's voice even spoke his language, with the notable Essyrni accent laced within.

"I hate to be a bother as it seems you're in a great deal of pain, but.. umm.. when you are able to, would you umm.. politely stand up?"

And if he were to look, a small woman, now coated in dust and the debris from his fall, was very much pinned beneath him. Her hair askew, body all but hidden beneath his- but she had been disiltinctly set into a box that looked an awful lot like a coffin...
Now broken- which would explain the splintered wood all about them- and the initial hard impact from the fall.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MorningStar

What the actual fuck?

Surely, he was hearing things. SURELY, he was hearing things! Had the wind been knocked out of him so much that he was now feeling strange sensations and hearing phantom voices? Or.. was he dead? Was that the sound of an angel, or more likely a demon, beckoning him to the great beyond?

As Sera groaned and attempted to prop himself up, his hands encountered something soft and yielding behind him. Panic surged through him as his fingers registered the sensation of flesh—skin, perhaps a nose, or even lips? His heart raced as he scrambled to his feet, a jumble of thoughts racing through his mind. What was this? Who was here with him? With trembling hands, he reached out, his touch confirming the presence of another body.

With a mix of shock and urgency, Sera quickly scrambled to his feet, his mind racing with questions. "W-Who are you?!What in the world are you doing here?" he blurted out, his voice tinged with disbelief. "How did you end up dish here? Are you hurt? Are you even real?!"

visualspice

Light in the room was sparse, tickled by the dust of their movements. It was a strange shaped room, a natural formation, perhaps, within the rock. But the wall wasn't pocked with holes from years of erosion, but was marred by tiny dark glyphs, clearly etched by man.

And the pile he had once been lying upon was most definitely the botched remains of a sarcophagus, with broken pieces of wood jutting out around the frame of a woman with long, dark hair that appeared to be falling out of a curled braid. She had large eyes and the darker, rich skin of her people- although where the light hit it, it appeared as a gentle, honeyed caramel hue.

Then the man was freaking out, and the woman winced at his reaction. She attempted to stand to calm him, tattered and crumbling wraps around her body were now evident, even as they were falling away beneath the confines of a now dusty, white dress.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I hadn't meant to frighten you! Yes, yes, I'm quite fine. But you... Are you alright? That was quite the fall," she asked, concern genuine upon her face as she took a step closer to him on barefeet- and the light fluttered more prominently across her form now to reveal a very large and very sharp piece of wood jutting out from her form.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MorningStar

As Sera's eyes adjusted to the dim light, the figure before him began to take shape. He found himself staring at a woman, petite yet captivating, with features that seemed to defy the chaos around them. Her dark, tan skin and curly black hair framed a face that held a certain sweetness, reflected in her large, jade green eyes. There was an innocence about her that drew Sera in, despite the bizarre circumstances.

Wait.

...She could understand him? He could understand her?!

As the realization dawned on him that she could understand him, Sera's astonishment grew. It had been so long since he had encountered someone who spoke his language, and the fact that she understood him and he understood her back filled him with a strange sense of relief and hope.

"You can understand me?!" he exclaimed, a surge of excitement coursing through him as he clasped her hands in his own, his voice almost trembling with disbelief. "You can understand me!" But his elation was short-lived as he felt a sharp pain against his stomach. Looking down, he recoiled in horror at the sight of the large piece of wood impaling her, the realization sinking in with a sickening thud.

"Oh no... You... Are you..." His words trailed off as a wave of dizziness washed over him, his vision blurring at the edges. Before he could even muster the strength to address the situation further, his body betrayed him, his eyes rolling back into his head as he released her hands and crumpled backwards into a sudden faint.

visualspice

Confused, the woman reached out a hand to him then- with a start- she realized just why he was suddenly floundering.

"Oh!" She cupped a hand over her mouth, instinctively stepped away and trying to figure out frantically what to do-

When she heard him collapsing with a thud upon the floor. She gasped again, rushing to his side and checking to see if he was alright and oh..

Oh thank goodness he had only fainted. She sighed with some relief as she knelt beside him, contemplating a means to awaken him- but also wondering how to explain her situation of being run through with her coffins debris which... as her eyes trailed over to it, made her wilt at the wretched sight of it. It was smashed down the middle and some of her antique jars- crushed as.well. This actually made her panic, as she began to rush around to survey the damage to her belongings, eyes welling with tears as she realizes- with horror- some of her priceless possessions were completely destroyed.

Panic and dred filled her. What did this mean for her future? But then she couldn't think of that now.. oh the poor man that had fallen- she had to wonder if he was injured so- once she removed the pesky piece of wood- and plugged up the hole as best she could inside her body- she went about tending to any of his potential wounds. Being careful as she removed some of his clothing and began to bind some of the injuries he had sustained- her poor white dress suffering as she had to shorten it to obtain to proper amount of bandages. 

She had some oily salves on hand and was working them into his skin- wondering just what this man's story was to end up here - of all places. She studied him as he slept.

He was kind or cute, for a foreigner. 

MorningStar

As Sera slowly drifted back to consciousness, a throbbing ache pulsated through his body, causing him to wince involuntarily. Blinking away the haze of unconsciousness, his gaze gradually focused on the woman hovering above him. With her ethereal appearance and gentle demeanor, she seemed almost otherworldly.

"Are you an angel?" he muttered, his voice thick with disorientation. "You must be an angel. Clearly I'm dead." With a groan, he let his head flop back against the ground, closing his eyes against the throbbing pain that coursed through his body.

visualspice

The woman blinked, blushing at his comments and trying to sputter out a reply.

"What no.. oh.. sir.. Sir!?"

But he was already flopped over like a petrified fish. She cupped her hand over her lips. 

"Oh dear..."

The poor thing...

Pouting, she considered her options and moved closer to him.

"I'm sorry you seem to be suffering. But I'm afraid you're not dead and I'm no angel. You just fell in through the roof here- er- through the canyon top, I mean and well.. you must be in so much pain to suffer such a fall!"

MorningStar

Sera blinked, feeling disoriented as the woman's words gradually pierced through the haze of his confusion. Slowly, he sat back up, his gaze fixed on her as he processed her explanation.

"Wait, I'm not dead? So I'm actually at the bottom of a canyon with a beautiful woman? What... what are you doing down here? Oh, wait!" His eyes widened as he remembered the piece of wood he had seen, but when he glanced at her torso, there was nothing there. "Wasn't there a...?"

Realization dawned on him, and he shook his head, trying to clear the remnants of his hallucination. "Never mind. Thank you for helping me. But... how did I fall through the canyon top? Where are we?"

visualspice

The woman blushed at his comments, but then when she realized where his eyes were going and what they were looking for- she tried her best to hide the obvious hole in her garment where the jutting piece of wood once was. She was visibly tense about it, before he seemed to simply shake the thought away.

But his next question caused her to frown.

"I don't know," she said, honestly. "You just.. sort of.. fell in."

Her frown deepened as she gave a small step towards him. "How are you feeling? That was a terrible fall! I can't imagine how you must feel!"

MorningStar

He most definitely imagined that a large piece of sharp wood had completely impaled the poor woman. There was no way in hells that she would be walking, talking, or breathing in that moment if it were true.

Stupid mind, doing stupid mind things.

But then she asked about his well-being, and almost as if on impulse, he tossed her his best charming smile. "Oh, that? That was nothing! I'm perfectly fi-ow!"

One move in the wrong direction shot a jolt of agonizing pain through his bones. "F-fine," he managed to finish through gritted teeth.

Contrary to what he said, he was almost positive he broke his ass.

visualspice

Reflexively, the young woman  moved closer, concern knitting her brow as she tried to examine him with a cursory look- although it was foolish, she wanted to help anyway but kept a guarded and most appropriate distance between them. A few sprigs of loose, dark curls fell over her face , that, upon brushing away- drew lines across the dust that seemed to coat at her skin.

"Please.. you shouldn't strain yourself. You may have broken something in the fall. Here.." she moved away, towards the broken coffin he had fallen into- and bent over it as she began to rummage through the debris.  She returned a moment later, dusting off a small, stiff- antique pillow- which looked nearly as petrified as a rock.  She offered it to him.

"Here, it's not much but you could sit on this while we see if anything is broken."