Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Window shopping! [OPEN]

Started by Anonymous, July 03, 2009, 09:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She wouldn't actually buy it, of course. Not because they couldn't afford it, it was only made of brass and Aislinn had got much more expensive things on a whim before, but because there was nothing she could do with it. She knew about jewelry and money and rifles and the forests of Sirantil. A model of the celestial sphere wouldn't do anything for her but look beautiful.

Of course, this particular one would do that very well. The brass rings were polished to a mirror finish and engraved with star patterns in astonishing detail, the globe of the earth that nestled in the center was enameled in some rather lovely jewel tones, and she did not need the cursed thing. It wasn't as if the Brand household wasn't very well decorated already.

When Aislinn glanced up from her wistful examination of the device, she noticed the shopkeeper eyeing her hopefully. He was probably going to come over and talk to her in a moment, and she suspected that if a sales pitch were added to the intricate beauty of the device itself she would succumb to temptation, so with an inward sigh she tore her gaze away and started down the road again. They made glass a few doors down, that was always fun to watch.

Anonymous

«Give it up? Mother? Are you crazy? This is my dream! To kill maverikko would be the ultimate desert topping on the cradle of my tomb!»

«And a tomb it will be. Even before getting close you will be filled with the aura of a thousand mordecai. You know that. You will only get one shot and you suck at shooting. Its only because of your damned luck you have lived for as long as you have.»

Heh. The old bitch had been ranting as usual, but it was true. He sucked at shooting with both crossbow and gun. Somehow next month when the current patron would show his face to the people of connlaoth he would have to discover a way to make his aim perfect and true. Wandering down the market squares in his brothel dress, This was just an usual adverticing job. He radiated that beautifull feminine grace, easy to copy when your line of work was prostitution. He had cards. Mostly for men but somehow a few women might lure themselves in to get cheap trills for a few silver.

Especially here in Connlaoth's main capital Reajh. «Come by anytime.» He waved away a noble he had just given the card too. Kissing him farewell and thanking him for the conversation. The getup hid his gender well and changeing his voice without magic was no small feat but by now he was used to the feminine role.

Eddie had played around with this kind of female persona before so he had over 30 years of recent experience behind it. Even going so far as to eat the rare but affordable Mademoiselle fruit, a fruit that changed the hormone balance in the body and by doing that he had every right to the intimidating bust and squarely feminine ass that earned him more than just a few onlookers where he walked. Blonde hair and blue eyes, the ultimate white cream dream.

The Jeweler, a decent informant on the squabbles of nobility. Feeling inclined to ask for any new gossip he started heading over there his gaze crossing that of Aislinn Brand, her family known merchants, his mind screamed opportunity the second their looks crossed each others.

Perhaps not the best clothes to start a conversation. He was wearing rather extravagant clothing, she was wearing more practical stuff but he had no opportunity to change and there she was. Perhaps if he changed clothes later and befriended her then but introduced himself now. After all the brothel was rather huge. He shut the oriental fan, hiding the visitor cards within.

«Oh, Aislin Brand was a pleasant suprise.» His voice acted quicker than the mind could precieve, a plan already took shape. The curtsey he made was the sign of equality. That they where about equal in the political world. Both still lambs benefiting from their herd.

Had he gone deeper her interest would probably barely have been piqued but now he would have her attention. «forgive me, the name is Bella Vouline'Vil, I have just arrived home after studying abroad. This meeting must be fate.» he giggled, small and feminine as if he had just told a joke. After all most connloathians didnt believe in fate.

The Vouline'Vil family, owners of the most successfull brothel chain. Blessed by the visits of many a old and young noble, they basically screamed with political power. Yet it was all a cover for transporting refugee mages and offering them jobs or helping them escape to various covens.

They would probably scold him if he ever let the family know he used the name as he saw fit to get what he wanted. Maybe she had connections to someone who could teach him to use a rifle properly. Perhaps he could even buy one from them. How fitting Maverikko dead from a quality rifle brought of his own gun merchant noble.

(ooc: it could be better but im writing from the army computer so i dont really have time to duble edit and look trough more than once.)

Anonymous

To say that Aislinn, despite her evident wealth, was not yet used to being openly approached by whores would have been something of an understatement, but she always liked to be courteous and so bowed slightly in return, almost but not quite concealing her startled look.

"A fine meeting, Vouline'Vil," she said neutrally. "I was just off to the glassworks- I think they have some ingots from Yoreiq lately, this odd black color." Bella, of course, probably wasn't interested in glass, but she might as well make it clear that she was. Besides, she didn't know any good jokes about fate.

Anonymous

«Ingots are made by heating up metal beyond their melting point, it creates a surface you can hardly get with other methods. Why would a glasswork have them i wonder? While i studied in Serpindity what have you been up to? Oh regardless i will get my answers when I see you again. Destiny will see to that.» There was a subtle smile and joy was litterally terraforming Eddie's entire bodylanguage. Lucky him that she mentioned ingots atleast stone, metals and knowledge of the earth was something he had considered worthy knowledge.

After all most of his magic was based on what the planet could provide. «Dressed for more idle chatter of course. Silly me, i never expected to run into anyone i wanted to talk with on this trip.»
Courting his goodbyes he left at a leasurly pace. Once out of sight he quickened the pace, faster yet not suspiciously fast. It was only when he got inside The Blue moon brothel that he kicked off the high heels slowing down the pace and ran down to his room, down in the basement.

Getting rid of the entire suit and corset. What a relief, oh he would have to write a letter to the current Vouline'vil member of the family in the city. Information was key and he had to make them play ball.

Writing at a rather fast pace and in a secret code only known to high class Fiends of magic such as himself it didnt take long to formulate that he had taken their name and wanted it known. For the cause of killing the current patron, to send the ultimate message, he would do everything in his power and more.

«Is there anything important we should know Pako.»
The chambermaid's wisper was of a serious tone. «Yes. I will need a casual dress i can use outside, that doesnt hinder my movements yet is suitable for girl on girl chatter. It also needs to look respectable and I needed it yesterday so hurry.» Useing magic for makeup removal spared him alot of time. This chase required a more casual look.

Opening up the jewelery box he picked at the bottom for an elaborate golden necklace with the symbol of a cat cut into the very metal. It quickly replaced the silver chain with a bouncing white, a fake diamond that had its place resting in his cleavage. The gold weighted abit more but it would have to do.

Gone where the earrings aswell, he had no need for them now. There was the maid with a brown spartan dress, boring and normal but it suited the occasion. Shoes where of the plain kind, not some high heel stuff she had been suffering in during that last walk. With his purse equipped the chase had begun. «Letter to the Vouline'vil's deliver it today.» He said to the maid before leaving.

Now he had to find his unknowing partner in crime, after all the plan wouldnt work without her.

Anonymous

"Well, you can cast ingots of anything that melts, I think," said Aislinn uncertainly. Not because she didn't know it was true, just because the conversation seemed to be moving a little fast and she didn't feel in control of it. "And glass ingots are easier to transport than sand in all kinds of ways- Father used to do some import work and that kind of thing is true a lot of the time."

She made her own farewells, a little bemused- apparently her new friend was in a hurry for something- and continued on her way to the glassworks, thinking about destiny. The second time, at least, it hadn't sounded like a joke. Maybe Bella had just picked up some odd notions in Serendipity. It wouldn't be surprising; the place was practically a synonym for strangeness. The other girl would have been away from what she knew, surrounded by- here Aislinn's knowledge of foreign parts was a bit hazy- mages of course, and probably demons and ghosts and things like that. For years. No wonder she was eager for the company of normal people.

Thus reassured, and having reached her destination while she pondered, Aislinn entered the glassworks and spent an instructive few minutes watching the blower make interesting shapes in that black Yoreiq glass, looking over her shoulder whenever she heard the door open in case Bella had come for her.

"A fine meeting again, Vouline'vil," she called out once it happened, smiling rather more warmly now that she had had time to talk herself into feeling sorry for the courtesan.

Anonymous

«Oh please Aislinn. Call me Bella, unless you want to insist on formal greetings everytime we meet. Thats alot of breath wasted for such a wonderous occasion.» A casual look at the glassworks interior was due before approaching his target at a leasurly pace, fakeing interest untill e found something worth being interested in.

Shaped red glass. It reminded him of blood, The same kind of blood that the Connlaothian people had on their hands from countless of mages. Every drop would be repayed, he vowed yet again while observing the vase.

«Absolutely marvelous, aestetically pleasing.» Swallowing the divine fury and keeping it undetected had become a usual habit in this city. He couldnt afford any slipups not now.

«But regardless of their shining exterior the beauty of life itself as it unfolds is more subtle and wonderous. Im dying to know what you have done with yours while i was wasting away in a foreign country.»

Anonymous

"Bella, then." Aislinn looked her new friend over, noting the change of clothes, and grinned. "You do know you don't need special clothing for a chat, right?" she teased, before scooting over a bit on the polished bench to make room for Bella. "Now, the past few years..." she mused, more serious now. "It's been rather quiet, all told. We've got some new hunting dogs, good ones. Oh! My brother Torin is courting now, and she's a Mordecai." That, she considered, was something to be proud of; not because she seriously expected to need protection in the heart of Reajh, but simple status in the ever-shifting hierarchy of nobility would be well served.

"But I have to ask. What was Serendipity like?" she added. "I know you must be sick of telling people about it by now, but honestly it's more interesting than the usual round of marriages and alliances and births and deaths, so..."

Anonymous

«I felt the need to get out of my uniform. Besides high heels are not suitable for this occasion.»
Smiling politely while fondeling a piece of the princess long blonde hair, it was a bad habit but one he had chosen to keep. In order to appear slightly flawed.

«Serendipity is as maginificent as a fairytale yet their people are just as you and me. Lovers of peace, freedom and they cultivate the pursuit of happyness. Their buildings and clothes are more extravagant,  They make everyone feel slightly special.»

It was easy to have that remnicing look, especially while fondling that piece of hair almost as if remembering a lost lover. He even sighed longingly to make it painfully obvious.«I will probably catch myself longing to go back, after all I learned to play the Violin there. I also studied and marvelled at their litterature, economics and politic's.»

Then the rudamentary awakening was due, tossing aside the bit of hair as something best left forgotten. «But, thats all in the past. I need new memories and that is where you come in.»

Anonymous

There was something disturbing about the way Bella talked about Serendipity, like she thought that was the way the whole world should be, and Aislinn found herself regretting having asked about it. She sighed inwardly with relief when the subject was changed back.

"I'll do my best at the task you've set me, then," she said, smiling. "I've got wonderful memories of Connlaoth, and now you're out of those shoes it shouldn't be too hard to find you some."

Anonymous

«You get straight to the point Aislinn. A trait worthy of appreciation.» Eddie would savour all the guilt of this encounter for later, for now he played the role of Bella Vouline'vil and to play her perfectly he would have to loose himself in the role, his most troublesome mental ability.

To supress the real him and become the mask. Bella had no outer worries yet. She was simply happy that Aislinn Brand was here. «In truth i feel like a seed. Gathering nourisment from your rays of light. Im thrilled to try on these new shoes you speak of.»

<OOc: Short but then again you gotta lead on for awhile. it would be wierd if my character demanded to learn how to use a gun straight away.>

Anonymous

[ooc: It's not a problem, I don't mind short. It's a conversation, not monologues. :wink:]

Aislinn chuckled. "You're embarrassing me. I'm sure any good ordinary people would seem as radiant right now."

Her eyes rested for a moment on a set of figurines- little glass trees and little glass creatures, all arranged like a little glass forest. "But paved streets are poor growing ground, you know," she added thoughtfully. "It'd take too long to set up a proper excursion today, but we could go out for a bit. We don't have to, of course, if you don't want to have to change again so soon," she added with a slight smirk.

Anonymous

Slightly embarassed Eddie took a backstep in suprise grabbing that same lock of hair again. «My mother always said you should never make exceed the boundaries of a friendship.»

She paused there, letting go of the hairlock as if it had burned her hand and took a breather.
«I wouldnt want our recently formed friendship to be at risk just because i lust for new memories. I could wait, though i dont desire too.»

Anonymous

"Oh!" Aislinn turned pink, suddenly realizing how that must have sounded. "I didn't mean out out," she babbled, "I'm not that sort, I only meant out of the city. I mean, I hunt a bit, maybe you know that, it's not exactly a secret. And getting a real hunting trip together would take a bit long, I mean, we could but it's rather late in the day to start, anyway. So."

She winced. That had all sounded much less pitiful in her head. Taking a deep breath and gathering as much dignity as she still could, she continued. "You really can't see all of home without stepping into the forests now and then. I could show you that."

Anonymous

«Oh, what was i thinking.» With Aislinn turning red, Eddie couldnt help feel embarassed in return. «I would be deligted to tag along for such a wonderous occasion. Its just that i havent got any experience wielding a hunting weapon and I barely know how to survive in the wilds.» Oh the thrill and entusiasm he felt was real. Genuine and pure, loosing himself in Bella for now was an easy task.

«Could you teach me? Are there any books about the subject? What should i wear? Are we going to use horse's?.» Such a wide arrange of request's, considering that the hidden intention was assasination.

Anonymous

Now that that little misunderstanding was cleared up and they were into her own particular area of expertise, Aislinn's color began to return to normal. "Well, I wasn't planning on shooting anything- like I said, it would take a while to organize a hunting party. You're welcome on the next one, though, of course," she added with a breezy grin; as far as she was concerned, the more people who were into her hobby the better.

"No, for now I was thinking of just riding out for a while. I could find you a sidesaddle if you don't wear pants, but even then, I wouldn't recommend that particular skirt." It was far from the delicate thing she'd first seen Bella in, but it was still town clothes. Even a sidesaddle demanded something hard-wearing.

Anonymous

«Ah, riding. I see.» That flurr of passion had vanished but there was still exitement to be had. Learning how to use a gun on the first day of friendship would be more than wishfull thinking.
A sidesaddle was something he would never ride as man or woman the thing would be useless if he ever had to make a swift escape.

«I could change into my riding clothes, i did bring a ton of luggage with me, but no proper horse. Our family usually gets by with Carriage. I dont think borrowing a city horse from them would serve a purpose. If it is not too troublesome, could you lend me one?»

Thinking it trough he had a horse. An old stallion who had outlasted its soldiering days, brought cheaply from a retired knight who couldnt feed it anymore. But she was probably a pro horse rider and would instantly know why he was riding something so unbecome of a noble.

Anonymous

Occasionally, Aislinn could almost understand why some of the soldiery seemed to have to conceal some contempt for nobles. It was quite something not to know that the woods were easier for a horse than cobblestones. Then again, maybe she just meant she was unlikely to get the use of one, if they were carriage-horses.

"I wouldn't dream of denying you one," she said cheerfully, sweeping her new friend towards the door. "Since you know me by sight, I'm sure you can find your way to our place? I'd take you there myself, but you do need those riding things first and I need mine, as well... I take it you do ride?" It didn't pay to assume; it wouldn't be the first time someone had an outfit they would never use.

Anonymous

«Why yes i do. Though it has become more of a childhood hobby than something ive given serious thought so please bear with me.» Eddie hoped his inexperience with this kind of crap wouldnt prove to be fatal. Then again these sort of challenges only came once in a lifetime. Following Aislinn they departed the store. Back into the myriads of shops, markets and people.

«That depends on where your family keeps their horses. If i had to visit your family's mansion then formal dressing would apply. Although the thought is rather appealing and on the verge of bold. I thought we where going to ride horses.»

Anonymous

"Of course we are. We keep a stable by the east gate- it's not hard to find," said Aislinn. "But even if not, we wouldn't think of requiring formality just to pick up a mount and go. Father's a merchant, not the Patron."

Her pace was increasing with the excitement of going for a ride. Maybe she'd bring her beloved rifle; they wouldn't be bringing back any prizes today, but there were always a few smaller pests near the city, living off the byproducts of civilization and generally making nuisances of themselves. And the presence of the more delicate, city-bound of her noble compatriots had always filled Aislinn with the urge to show off.

"So go and get your riding clothes, and I'll get mine, and we can meet again there," she concluded. "As long as you can stay on, there shouldn't be a problem."

Anonymous

«Well then, i guess i cant argue with your reasoning.» Eddie simply wasnt in the right mood for arguements, he wanted this ride so if she said to dismiss proper etiquette then who was he to fight tooth and nail to keep it? But deep in his mind the building blocks of a noble was needed in order to maintain a disguise you had to play along with the standard of noble upbringing or else when the lines faded you risked slipping up with the act.

Courting goodbye and with a quick yet exited tone «See you later.» he departed swiftly yet not swift enough as to not check if he was followed. This would be his last visit at the brothel after all. As he entered, gathering a few of the girls and then borrowing some acceptable riding clothes was no trouble. The only thing that took time was to sew the things so they where fit for him.

He took the same carriage that carried all of his luggage to oversee how things went at the Vouline'vil mansion. Greeted by the master himself, old yet still with some youth left in him. Hugging the man as he got close enough. «Hello Edward. Its me, Bella. Unfortunately i must beg you to spare the pleasantries. Ive agreed to some horseback riding with Aislinn Brand and she is everything you said and more.»

«My dear child, dont let this old man keep you any longer then.» An express carriage thundered Eddie down to the Brand household. Humping along comfortably seated on silk pillows but still happy when the ride came to an end, nothing more should ever be asked of such reckless transportation. The very event by itself had slightly ruined the fasionable silky hair.

Sending the servants to pave way first while fixing it up. He hoped Aislinn's patience had endured waiting in silence as the preparations became complete. There he was done, considering he had brought the purse with him. Everything was in there and it had followed him trough thick and thin.

Smoothing the face with a fresh layer of makeup before the door opened and a servant introduced Bella Vouline'vil to the world. Being led around and pampered with pretty words was something of appreciation. He had missed servants. The very word sent shivers of expectant pleasure down the spine.

Finally reaching their destination. Eyeing lady brand once more. This was perhaps the wierdest noble he had ever befriended and it was perhaps in there that the challenge lay. Grinning happily he courted a quick greeting before clinging his hands together almost as if in prayer. «Aislinn dear. I hope the wait wasnt too long.»