Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Open Road

Started by waytoonew, July 15, 2014, 06:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waytoonew

Filtch grunted as he heaved himself over the fallen log, out near the mountains roads were always in disarray, with a bit of effort and a grunt he heaved the rear end of the trunk up onto his shoulder walking it around the other end like a door to open up the path for others. Shaking his head and dusting himself off as he turned away from the way he had came resuming wandering down the road, he had no map or knowledge of the area so he wandered rather aimlessly down the paths just generally heading south to see what he could find. He had earned little coin as of late, many villages to fickle to hire someone looking so brutish as he did, and he didn't blame them he was a mess from all of the travel he had done covered in blood stains healing wounds and dirt he knew he would need to go somewhere to clean up soon but he was yet to come across a river deep enough to bathe in since coming from up north.

Filtch sighs stretching his hands over his head and relaxing as he walked, he had food, boars usually had quite a bit of meat and they seemed to get more plump the further south he went, they were territorial but that only made them all the easier and all the more fun for the large man. So now he had a bundle of hide rolled tight after being dried and stripped, good for trading when he reached the next city, but the best part of the boars was still the meat to him. With a grin he wanders down the road watching the trees and basking in the red glow of the setting sun, he didn't always make camp sometimes he just wandered along the path until he needed to stop and would drop into a bush, but tonight he felt in no mood to wake up a mess, stopping at the next small clearing he set up his tent slowly. It was a lento style tent made from rope and tarp with an open face to his fire. Soon it grew dark and he sat by the fire watching the sky fade from orange to red and then to dark blue slowly as night came over the area leaving him in silence save for the forest and his flame.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie whistled as she wandered down the same road, just past a bend ahead and out of sight of the man ahead of her. She whistled a tune that's all over the place yet still has a happy rhythm. In her hand, she held a valuable-looking locket that she had just traded for a potion back a ways. She twirled it as she walks, managing not to drop it somehow. She usually wandered at night, sleeping only when she thought she had walked far enough, and she didn't really believe she had yet. She stopped whistling for a second and looked up at the full, fat moon that hung in the dark sky, glowing among the stars, and she grins. It was beautiful, night time had always been her favorite time of day because of the moon and stars.

Pinkie soon looked back ahead of her and continued walking, but the smile never disappeared and she did not continue whistling as she stored the locket into her bag. However, the sound of a fire suddenly reached her ears and she stopped for a second before she went on ahead where she saw a clearing, but she did not see the occupant, only the light of a fire. She drew the hood of her dark cloak over her head and made sure it covered her bright hair before she buttoned it to cover her bright clothes as well. It's best that she did that during the night any way so that she was not spotted as easily. With that, she began to walk past the clearing, and she hoped she wasn't spotted too easily.

waytoonew

Filtch was laid out next to the fire, stretched out on the ground to keep warm while a rough stew of things he had been able to scavenge while collecting firewood, and of the meat from the boar, bubbled next to him. He sat in silence listening to the wind int he trees and the crackle of the flame, he was at peace with himself just watching the canopy over him shift and sway catching glimpses of the stars in the sky above as he smiled to himself. Something caught his ears long before anything else, it pierced the low rustling and the hiss and crackle of flame, bouncing from key to key he listened to the whistling curiously not knowing what to think of the noise. So for now he waited and watched wondering what would round the bend and expose itself from the treeline.

Soon a girl came around hood drawn and sneaking, the road was lit by his fire, propping himself up on an elbow and appearing from the right shoulder across to his right hip he lifted himself over the small crest of the dip he lay in. "Little lass what are you doing sneaking around so late at night in the middle of the forest?" He mutters looking at her oddly before shaking his head dismissively before she could reply, "Act'ully  neva mind it... Jut stop the whistling... Critters don't like it..." He mutters and shifts stirring his stew in a large pot with a wooden spoon looking recently whittled. Filtch didn't know the girl and he wasn't an established baby sitter so he let her be his mind back onto his food already the whole one-sided exchange taking only seconds.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie glanced over at where the voice had come from, and she was about to continue on her was, but her curiosity had gotten the better of her, and she started to walk toward the man instead of just leaving. She walked straight up to him and looked down at him curiously, having not said a word yet. She tilted her head as she looked at him, her gaze not hostile in any way.

"Hello," Pinkie said, and she smiled at the man happily, a strand of her bright pink hair having fallen out of her hood as she did so.

waytoonew

Filtch looks up yawning and looking at the girl curiously as he lays on his back. He smiles softly and stretches his arms out behind his head resting them on the ground and his head on them in turn. He laughs softly and looks up at her. "Well Hello again miss..." He grins widely and then sits up pulling himself onto a large log by the fire, even sitting he was almost the same height as her, he was taller than most full grown men by quite a bit so it wasn't new to him to have things like this happen when he sat by someone.

Smiling and patting the log next to him he shifts his log over letting her sit where she liked around him if at all, he stretches his arms above his head, "So what brings you out so far little miss?"

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie sat beside the man, not really minding the huge height difference. She had met many large beings on her travels, though not all of them were as kind as this man seemed to be. She then reached up and took off her hood, which allowed her pink hair to go back to it's place going down her back. When she heard the man ask her a question, she looked at him and took a second to think up a good answer before she responded.

"I'm travelling," she responded simply, the smile not leaving her face even for an instant. "I tend to do that quite a lot. What about you?" Pinkie usually wanted to know just as much about another person as they knew about her.

waytoonew

Filtch laughed at her blunt and descriptive response, she answered what he had asked and he couldn't be mad for how. He smiles and pats her back leaning himself forwards to stir his food as he thought of how to reply, he didn't know what to say, he had no set destination and he was heading nowhere in particular so he didn't know how to put it but one word soon came to mind,

"I'm wandering..." He mutters and smiles to himself then looks to her, "Just wandering..." He smiles and then resumes his stirring before looking to her, "So where are you going then?" He smiles hoping to keep the conversation going, he wasn't usually talkative but it had been almost a month since he had spoken to anyone past getting directions and it was nice.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie couldn't help but grin when the man laughed, and she watched him as he stirred his food. Despite the man's large size, he seemed to be very nice, and she wondered when she would have to leave him and be on her way. However, when he spoke, she nods slightly, but when he asked the question, she had to stop and think herself. Where was she going? She hadn't been really sure when she left the last place she had been, so she really didn't know. The main way she had always traveled was to just go and end up anywhere.

"I'm not sure, really..." Pinkie replied, and she shrugged as if it was no big deal. Without a destination, she could have run into numerous issues, and she has before. Lots of times before. And she managed to protect herself, so it wasn't really a big deal.

waytoonew

With a nod and a grin he thinks while rubbing his chin and looking at her he stirs some more and taps the spoon off against the pot humming a bit as he thinks of how to reply. Smiling to her he claps his hands, "Most people would chew you out... But I'm not here to be a hypocrite... I'm in the same boat!" He laughs and fishes in his bag muttering and taking out a bowl he stops and looks to her, "Would you like to eat with me then miss..." he pauses and squints.

"I seem to have forgoten your name..." He mutters and looks to her, "Or you have forgoaten to give it..." He smiles to her and waits for a reply.
(Trying to show an accent I know forgotten is misspelled)

IzzyMonster14

((I know.))

Pinkie laughed softly. "You tell me your name, and I'll tell you mine," she replied with a smile, always the strange one. She still did like knowing the same information about a person that they knew about her. She looked at the stew, however, and decided to take the man up on his offer once they knew each other's names. She then looked back at the man and waited for an answer, smile still locked on her face.

waytoonew

(Alright just generally mentioning it)

Filtch nods and claps a hand on his knee, smiling to her and ladling some of the stew into a bowl. "I'm Filtch, Filtch Horin little miss..." He pauses and as she asks for food he hands he the full bowl, "There you go..." He smiles to her and then taking out a second bowl fills it and hands her a spoon taking one for himself he waits for her reply still.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie thanked him as he gave her the bowl and the spoon before she responded. "I like to call myself Pinkie." She smiled at him, and then she asked, "Why aren't you "wandering" with anyone? You're very kind, I would assume you would be with someone." She seemed genuinely curious, not maliciously or anything.

waytoonew

He smiles and thinks a moment about her question while nodding. "Hmmm quite the nice name little miss..." He smiles and then having no real excuse he shrugs to her, "I have no idea why I'm still wandering alone... I guess I just haven't met many people on the road... Other than huge caravans not many people wander northern roads..." He smiles softly and relaxes.

IzzyMonster14

"Thank you, I like your name as well," Pinkie replied, smiling at Filtch. She listened, though, and she smiled. "Well, I suppose not. There's no helping that." She started in on eating her food, then, and she seemed to be thinking about something as she does so.

waytoonew

Filtch finishes his bowl quickly and stretches out groaning as he pushes his arms up way over his head smiling to her. "Hm, thank you miss not a compliment I often get..." he smiles to her and then lets himself fall back into the grass relaxing. "Not at all... Gets a bit lonely honestly... Haven't been doing it too long so who knows might get used to it..." He smiles looking up at the canopy and the stars above him.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie smiled, eating her food at a much slower pace. She looked at Filch. "Maybe I could wander with you for a while, then," she suggested. She disliked it when people felt lonely, so she had thought to make this offer. However, she knew that she could not wander with Filch for too long, in fear of becoming too attached and then having to leave a friend when she eventually left him.

waytoonew

Filtch smiles and pauses listening to her a bit before he sits up a bit propped up on one elbow he smiles, "Mmm well that's up to you little miss... I'm fine having a nice little thing like you following along could be fun..." he smiles and stretches thinking and relaxing before he drops back, "You're free to come and go, I don't own you and I am happy to have company..." he smiles softly.

IzzyMonster14

"I think I'll stick with you for a little while," Pinkie said before she smiled. Soon, she had finished up her food and she tiredly stretched her arms over her head. "Thank you for the meal," she said to Filtch, having turned to look at the large man at that point. "It was very kind of you to offer me a meal." She then glanced around, wondering where she would sleep.

waytoonew

Filtch smiles and sighs as he listens to her slowly getting back up to his feet he smiles to her and looks at his large lean to tent. He shrugs and motions to it, "Well I've already shared a meal with you, If you'd like we can share the tent as well... Not much time or light to set up another so I can shift to the back and you can sleep in the front so I don't roll back and crush ya..." He smiles and laughs softly looking to her to see if she was okay with it.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie nodded once Filtch had looked at her. "That sounds good," she replied, smiling at the large man. She stood and stretched, then began to walk toward the tent as she smiled and yawned, effectively displaying how tired she was. She stopped about a foot from the entrance, however, and turned to Filtch, still smiling. "I appreciate this, thank you," she told him.