Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Open Road

Started by waytoonew, July 15, 2014, 06:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waytoonew

Filtch smiles and stretches rolling and getting up he looks around yawning loudly and nodding. He smiles softly and bites his lip stretching his jaw side to side as he puts a few furs down on the ground in the tent yawning and moving around her he puts the bedroll in and smiles to her. "Mmm well it's fine... I need company as much as anyone else!" He smiles and yawns slipping into his bedroll  and stretching he wiggles around and piles up his outer clothing by the head of his bag neatly seeming everything short of his underwear piled up there.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie smiled and went inside the tent, sitting down in her area and tugging off her cloak to leave her in her dress. She also tugged off her boots and set all of that off to the side before getting comfortable to fall asleep. However, she looked over at Filch, and she silently wondered if he was asleep yet.

waytoonew

Filtch shifts back and smiles as he leans almost against the back of the canvas lean to. He lets her take the front, it was warmer and closer to the fire not to mention he was between her and the outside they couldn't see. He smiles and yawns softly as he slowly drifts off using his cloak rolled up and stuffed with wool to keep hi head off the ground assuming she had a bedroll and pillow for herself, he was asleep in moments.

IzzyMonster14

In the morning, Pinkie slept in late, always having been a restless sleeper that woke up frequently during the night but stayed in bed late. She woke slowly, and she sat up, yawning. Her hair was messy, and she felt the need to bathe sometime soon, but she doesn't think about it too much as she looked around to see if Filtch had woken up yet.

waytoonew

Filtch was already up and moving about cooking some bread on a skillet to toast the stale slices. He smiles to her as she gets up, he was in just his pants and boots both on loosely. He smiles softly and relaxes a bit seeing the movement was just her. "Morning there... Glad to see you rested..." He smiles looking a it tired himself. He smiles as he drops some meat on the skillet sighing softly. "Hard time getting comfortable there eh?"

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie loked up at Filtch as she gets out of the tent and stands. "Yes, a bit. I didn't wake you, did I?" she asked, hoping her restless ways didn't cause Filtch to lose sleep as well. She walked over to him, noticing his shirtless state, but she did not mind nor did she comment on it. She also noticed that he looked tired, which added to her suspicion that she might have woken the large man during the night.

waytoonew

He yawns and shrugs, "No real big deal... I usually sleep worse than I did last night... Just got a smart to the ribs from your elbow is all..." he smiles softly and yawns again as he takes the bread off onto a wooden plate before he spears each piece of meat putting them with the bread as he smiles "Mmmm feel free to dig in..." he smiles and stirs a soup slowly, "I'm just making lunch as well..." He smiles to her relaxing a bit as he blinks a bit as if trying to wake himself still.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie nodded. "Sorry about that," she responded when she was told about elbowing Filtch. When she is offered breakfast, however, she smiled and said, "Thank you." She began to eat then, eating slowly, but she ate her fill, leaving more than enough for Filch. "Do you think there is anywhere around her where I could wash up? I feel like I haven't bathed in a while," she said while trying to fix her hair a bit more.

waytoonew

Filtch pours the soup into a large water skin yawning as he seals it before coming over and eating with her slowly. He slowly perked up and then finally sat beside her relaxing as he put the fire out. He takes the tent down slowly packing it up as he smiles to her playfully looking across the way as he packs it all up and puts it away. He relaxes a bit leaning back on a tree by the road as he tries to fight off his sleepiness. He thinks a minute and shrugs "I haven't myself... Maybe a river or something we pass on the way to the city..." he smiles and shrugs not knowing the answer.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie watched Filtch take everything down, feeling warm due to the food she had just eaten and glad she had run into the large man the night before instead of some hostile bandit or something. She thought about his answer before she nodded as she decided she'd like to know more about the person she was going to be travelling with for a while. "So, tell me about yourself," she said, and she gave the large man a smile while she was at it. After she spoke, she glanced at the road, wanting to make sure nobody was there to sneak up on them before looking back at Filtch. She did hope that he would actually want to talk about himself.

waytoonew

Filtch finished packing and hefted his pack up as he smiles looking to the girl. Walking down the road a few steps he smiles looking back and waving her towards himself. "Come on we can talk as we walk..." He smiles softly and thinks. "Thats pretty general... I guess I could say I'm from up north... Used to serve in the military... Grew up in a pretty normal family..." He smiles looking to her curiously. "Anything more specific you want to know?" He asks not knowing what else to tell her.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie smiled, then gathered her things - which consisted of her cloak and a bag - before she stood and began to follow after Filtch. She listened intently as he spoke, and when he looked at her and asked her that question, she thought about it for a second before she responded, "I don't know... Why did you start wandering? Or, if you'd like something perhaps simpler, what's your favorite color? How old are you?" She looked to him, and she smiled as she patiently waited for him to answer while they walked.

waytoonew

Filtch smiles and nods as he wanders down through the trees beside her the bag rattling and clanking as things settled in it. He smiles "Mmm why... Because I discovered military order wasn't for me... I found out that I had a calling to fight beasts and to keep people safe... So I left with quite a bang..." He laughs softly and then thinks more. "I'd have to say green... And I'm in my twenties... How about you for all that?" He asks wanting to know her some too.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie hummed slightly in though before she replied. "Well, I don't even remember my parents, all I remember is being alone and travelling around in any way possible and finding the few people who would help me when nobody else wanted me. But I've always felt an urge to keep moving, so I've never stayed in one place for long..." She stopped then, however, and made a thoughtful face, and she was silent for a little while before she finally did continue. "...I can't choose a specific favorite color, I really just love all color... And finally, I'm 19." She smiled and nodded, deciding that she had answered everything well enough.

waytoonew

Filtch nods and smiles softly as he walks with her, for a while he went quiet then he turned to her. "So what is it that you look for when you travel?" He asks curious about what her drive was. "I know many people are hunting for wealth, for adventure, some even for romance... I personally do it for a few reasons... I deserted the military so I can't go back home, and I do it to find peace with myself as best I can..." He smiles to her and leans back yawning as he puts his arms up his hands behind his head.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie walked with him in peace before she listened to him speak, and she thought quietly for a moment or two. "Well, I actually sell potions and things, and I suppose I like finding out things about new places and meeting new people and things like that, which really motivates me to continue travelling," she replied with a smile. "I never feel like I could stop in fear of losing the things that I do have due to my travelling..."

waytoonew

He smiles and nods listening to her, "Thats quite the goal little miss I'm glad to see someone else so dedicated to doing things so loyally like that... Its quite uplifting to know I'm not the only one out here like that.." He smiles and thinks. "I've never thought of what would happen if I stopped... I think the only thing that could make me would be death..." He mutters and smiles softly.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie nodded, smiling, but she soon continued, "Yes, but due to my traveling, I have never made any real friends, as I tried not to so I wouldn't have to leave them behind." She was not smiling any more, but she waited patiently for Filtch's response.

waytoonew

Filtch sighs and smiles putting an arm around her and roughs up her hair smiling. "Relax little miss... You just need to find friends to travel with... No leaving anyone behind that way..." He smiles encouraging her or trying to at least as he walks with her.

IzzyMonster14

Pinkie smiled, glad for the encouragement, nodding. "You have a very good point there," she responded, giving Filtch a grin. She really hadn't thought of that before, but she hoped she might be able to be friends with Filtch. After all, he seemed like a really good person, and that was definitely the kind of person that Pinkie found herself wanting to be around.