Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Lesson On Respecting Nature (private)

Started by Ethereal-Star, November 06, 2014, 07:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

The wood nymph watched the newcomer to the woods with no small amount of distrust, hiding behind a thick tree several yards away from where the person idly sat, busily skinning a freshly caught animal in their small makeshift camp before proceeding to hang the meat on a spit over the campfire which was flickering merrily, the crackle and pop of the flames sounded louder than normal in the peaceful quiet of the forest.

Gwilwilethneth narrowed her green eyes at this person, taking an instant dislike for intruding upon her space and killing an animal in front of her no less as though its life meant nothing. She pondered a bit on what to do. Attacking the person seemed completely foolish as they were armed to the teeth and her companions were not currently with her at this time. She didn't worry about them though, she would be able to sense if her friends were in any danger. This person before her however needed to be taught a lesson on respecting the forest and its creatures... She did not abide the needless killing of animals, it was atrocious.

The druid continued to watch the person silently to see what else they would do and if she needed to intervene at all. Finally she decided enough was enough, and stepped out from behind the tree, glaring at the animal slayer. "How dare you intrude here and kill a helpless animal no less! I should show you what happens to those who disrespect Nature!!"

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur, who was simply minding his own business,  was suddenly being screamed at for hunting a animal. He continued to watch in awe, was this little druid telling him what to do? Whatever the case Kurbur almost felt like changing to his minotaur form and scaring her off. Instead, he look at her and said,"Listen here missy, I need this meat to live...so unless you want to be the one over this fire i'd watch that silver tongue of yours!"

As if nothing had happened, he turned back to the boar he had captured and carefully poked at it with his massive ax. He then began to slowly turn the dead animal over in the fire as he stuck his hand into the fire and quickly pulled it out with only a few minor burns along his arm and palm. It didn't seem to bug him as much as it should,  like he's done it many times before. He then turned to see that the same person who had just yelled at him was still there, so he smiled a little and said,"Well, why are you just standing their? You want a piece or something?"

Ethereal-Star

Gwilwilethneth's eyes flashed in anger. "Look here you big hulking brute!" she screeched at him. "This here is a sacred place in these woods, and I am one of those in charge of looking after it! There is to be no hunting allowed! Need I call on my brethren to pound this fact into your thick dense skull?!" The druid was enraged. How dare this excuse of a person talk to her like that! Well, she would show him!

Mentally, she called to her kin and her companions. Quickly they appeared behind Gwil, three other druids, one of them her older brother, and the other two another faun and another nymph like herself with her companions Talon the she-wolf and Twinkle the butterfly by her side. "You called Mistress?" the butterfly Twinkle asked innocently. Talon only growled menacingly at the big man, baring her sharp fangs threateningly.

"Hold on a moment there, dear sister of mine", her brother cautioned Gwil. "I think this man may not be all that he appears. Best to be cautious."

"I care not!" the wood nymph shrieked angrily. "He has defiled this sacred grove and he shall pay!" Her brother sighed wearily, as though this sort of thing occurred quite often. "Gwil, listen to me please. I'd rather not risk the lives of our people, and really what harm is he doing anyway?"

"What harm? What HARM?? Are you completely out of your mind dear brother?" Gwil continued to yell, some birds nesting nearby in the trees above, being scared away by her shrieks. "He will move his arse out of this place, I swear it! By all that is natural and sacred, he will rue the day he came here!"

ooc: Faun (not to be confused with fawn) are goat-like creatures, similar to a satyr. The male version of a nymph.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur watched as the two siblings argued, while they were doing so he took a moment to examine the small crowd that had came. He looked at the growling she-wolf and sighed, he just wanted some time away from the madness. Kurbur than looked back at the cooking boar and decided to take it off the fire, he then chose to draw his sword. He said with a look of annoyance on his face and said, "call of the little group and I might leave, although I have grown quite attached to this place..." whatever kind of group this was it didn't seem to be the most organised, it looked like it could pull its own weight sure,  but there was something off about it.

Once he was done getting his look at the group he settled on the ground, sword still in hand. He then said with a bit of a growl, "you think you can get me out off here? Try it smart arse..."

Ethereal-Star

Gwil started to advance towards the man, spear clutched tightly in her hands as her companions began to follow suit. "Hold!" her brother called out. Gwil whirled around to face him. "What is it?!" she hissed at him. Her brother only rolled his eyes at this and said to her, "Must you be so bull headed?" he questioned. "I say we let him leave with a warning. If he agrees to leave in peace, we will let him, under the condition he follows the rules of this place the next time he may come around."

"Not on my watch!" Gwilwilethneth turned to look at the big brute. "Go on, get out of here! Your very presence is upsetting the sanctity of these woods!"

"Must you be so dramatic, Gwil?" her brother sighed.

"Must you be so unconcerned with your duties brother?" Gwil countered.

The faun instead looked to the man with the sword poised in his lap sitting on the ground and said to him, "Please excuse my sister. She can get rather....testy about the safety of these woods. She means well, but Gwil is as stubborn as they come!"

Gwil only scowled at these words. "Do not speak for me, brother! I can do so myself!"

"Yes, and a fine job of that you are doing too." he replied amused.

"Pftt." the druid only muttered. The brother looked to the man still watching them with a bored, annoyed look and said, "What say you stranger? As said, these woods are sacred to my people, and as such the natural order must be maintained. We do what we must to keep it that way."

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur turned his attention to Gwil again and said,"Now, couldn't you of just told me that instead of pointing your spear at me?" When he heard the remark about being "bull headed" his expression changed to that of a bit of anger. He decided to calm down as he rested his elbow on Gwil's spear, he knew it wasn't directed at him, but it was still offensive to him.

He had finally turned his attention back to her brother and bargained"well, if I try not to  hunt anything would still be allowed to stay?" He then continued,"you can even have miss nature over there keep an eye on me..." He opened up a small bag and pulled a fresh apple to began to eat it, he finally turned back to Gwil and said,"thanks for the armrest." He knw that Gwil would get upset, but he had his elbow right on the spear tip and it didn't seem to bother him at all, he wasn't very intimidated by Gwil or her spear.

Ethereal-Star

Gwil bristled and yanked her spear out of his reach. "You think this is funny, do you?" Gwilwilethneth circled around him, surveying the man as though he were garbage in her eyes. "Well, let me tell you mister, don't think weapons are the only thing I am capable of! Need I demonstrate?" And with that, vines began to snake up from the ground underneath the big man, starting to crawl over the insolent male's feet.

"Gwil..." warned her brother, but the nymph paid him no heed. She continued to circle around him, eying the hunter like he were a parasite. The others stood off to the side, the other faun and nymph remaining quiet as though they weren't sure what to do here. Talon growled again at Kurbur, hoping to wipe that smirk off his face. Twinkle fluttered in the air nearby, watching the proceedings with interest and silently rooting on her mistress.

"I can make these vines do as I wish." Gwil continued on, making the vines grow a little higher, still continuing to creep towards the brute. Her brother watched and shook his head. Sometimes Gwil just could not be reasoned with at all.... "I can make them grow higher, bigger, and I can command them to choke the living daylights out of one like you. Tis' but a simple thing."

The others watched warily, standing still where they were. If the need came to act, they would. But for now...

"And this is not the extent of my power." the wood nymph continued on, piercing him with her green gaze filled with an inner fire inside their vivid depths of color. "There is much, much more that I can do, I am after all in my element!" she hissed at him.

ooc: The vines are near Kurbur but have yet to entangle him. Gwil is merely trying to intimidate him.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur watched the vines creeping towards him. He sighed and began to focus as a large tail like that of a bull shot out from his lower back. He smiled as he looked at Gwil with a devious smiled and said,"You want to intimidate me, now I turn the tables..." although he wasn't in his full minotaur form, he was sure that she'd get the idea. He stood up and snorted like a wild bull as he grabbed his ax and swung it directly into the vines to cut them clean in half. His smile suddenly faded as he looked at Gwil with sharp eyes and said,"Now...can I be by myself for a while, I've been trying to get away from all the things that I hated, not dive headfirst into them."

He then turned as his tail cracked like a whip to look at Gwil. He knew she would hate him, but for the moment he just wanted to rest. His tail and attitude seemingly disappeared as he dragged his ax behind him and threw himself into the log he was sitting on. He was still mad, but managed to keep his anger under management for a while. He then grabbed Gwil's spear and said,"If you try anything....Anything! Things will get a lot uglier, we clear?" His grip then tightened on the spear as he pushed it away from him. He then said,"Now let me be!"

Ethereal-Star

"A minotaur!" Gwilwilethneth gasped. She watched as he partially changed form, most likely telling her to buzz off and to intimidate her as she did to him only seconds before. It wouldn't work though. Gwil replied in a steely voice, "Your kind is not welcome here. LEAVE foul beast!"

The nymph druid looked ready to do or say more to the minotaur, but her brother quickly grasped her arm and guided her over to one of the trees so he could talk with her quietly. "Listen to me, Gwil. I don't like him being here any more than you do, however I only see needless bloodshed if we do try to force him to leave. He seems intent on staying put. As long as he obeys the rules of the forest here, he should be left to his own devices. And I will talk to him," he said a bit louder as it looked like his sister were about to protest this notion.

"Might I say something on the matter?" the other nymph named Fleur asked in a quiet tone. The faun motioned his head in consent, as did Gwil albeit with a frustrated sigh. "I think your brother Thothor is right." she glanced at Gwilwilethneth before she continued. "I know he is a minotaur and all, but I think you're being too hard on him. I don't agree with his hunting here either, but he did say he would stop once we informed him of his error. I'm sorry Gwil."

"I tend to agree." the other faun named Lastor gave his input. "We don't need to cause violence here over one mistake."

Gwilwilethneth looked ready to argue but after a moment her shoulders slumped, and she relented grudgingly. "Fine!" she snapped, possibly more harshly than what she had intended to. "But I am to watch him to make sure he behaves!" her voice getting louder so that the minotaur probably had heard what she said.

She stalked over to Kurbur and said, "We will allow you to rest here, on the condition that you respect these woods! That means no hunting, no flaunting your weapons about, no cutting down the trees, or any other kind of treachery on your part or we WILL kick you out!" Gwil took a breath, before she prattled on. "And no urinating in the sacred spring! In fact, you shan't even be allowed over there, you will stay here and I am to watch you!"

"Gwil..." Thothor began. "He is allowed to drink from the spring, you can't tell him otherwise." The nymph gritted her teeth.

"Oh, fine, for the love of the Green Mother!" the druid exclaimed. "But no urinating there or anywhere else!" She smirked at the minotaur as she said this. Thothor merely rolled his eyes again.

"As my sis has so kindly stated, you are allowed sanctuary in these woods, provided you mind the rules that is." Looking once more at Kurbur, Thothor said to Gwil, "We'll be nearby if you need us. Come my brethren, let us leave." Both Fleur and Lastor followed Thothor, leaving Gwil and her two companions to watch the minotaur. Gwil only narrowed her eyes at him once more, standing there with her arms crossed over her chest.

OOC: And the others have names! Finally. They needed them, I got tired of saying brother, brother, nymph, and the like continuously.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur laughed and said,"Oh come on...don't be that way." He reached into his pocket and took out a small peach. He offered it to Gwil and said,"Take it if you want." He knew she wouldn't answer him, so he simply set the peach down and sat with one hand behind his head and another holding his sword, which he had already sheathed. He let go of his sword and put the other hand behind his head as he murmured to himself,"As close as I'm ever gonna get to some peace and quiet..."

He then turned to look at Gwil and her remaining companions. Their presence really didn't bother him as much as they used to. He looked at the small group tasked with watching the minotaur and tapped the large log he had put his head on and said,"Take a seat, relax a bit nature girl." It felt good to finally rest for once, but Kurbur knew that soon enough his peace and quiet would be ruined soon enough.

Ethereal-Star

The nymph simply glared at him, as though trying to bore holes in his head. She continued to do this, hoping to unnerve the resting minotaur. Talon merely settled down on her haunches and relaxed her head on her massive front paws, the gray of her fur looking both smooth and rough at the same time. Twinkle landed on Gwil's shoulder and the two of them communicated telepathically for a second. Gwil went over and picked up the peach, examining it carefully before taking a bite out of it. It was sweet as peaches were wont to be and she took small bites of it while still watching Kurbur rest on the ground, his head on the felled log. She finished the peach, then resumed her watch, not taking a seat near him as he had offered. She chose to continue standing where she was, continuing to stare at him with a scowl on her face.   

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur looked up at Gwil and lightly chuckled to himself. He scratched his head as he watch the she-wolf resting as well. He joked as he said,"See, she has the right idea." The minotaur then poked around the dirt a little with his boot and decided to let his tail hang out for a while, he could use this rest anyways.  He wanted to change to his full form, but didn't mind staying in his more human form, but chose to let go of some of the magic to let his tail hang out.

He looked back at Gwil and kept patting the fallen log. He then said,"Even the wolf knows when to relax for a moment...I'm with her on this one." He then slid further down the log and got his head better adjusted with the log. Maybe his peaceful time would be ruined by "forest girl" after all.

Ethereal-Star

Gwilwilethneth eyed Kurbur with disdain. She knew what he was trying to accomplish, trying to get himself off the hook like that, acting all easy-going. But it wouldn't work on her. The nymph's duties were clear and this big guy wasn't about to make her change her mind so easily. She stayed where she was, Talon resting nearby and Twinkle had settled herself on a nearby tree branch, fluttering her wings as she got comfortable there on the smooth bark.

"I do hope you weren't expecting to stay long." she quipped, breaking the silence between them. "You will conclude your business here and then you will depart soon after, do you hear me?" The nymph briefly considered using her ability to charm the minotaur, but quickly declined on the idea. Normally she had no issue with doing such, it was natural to her after all. However, for some reason unknown to her, she chose not to. At least not right now.

The wood nymph settled herself on the ground, her back against the tree trunk on which Twinkle were resting on and stared pointedly at the minotaur-man. She had to admit he looked rather amusing to her right then, his tail spread out underneath him while he still maintained the generic visage of a man. However she schooled her features to look stern and completely unimpressed. This was not exactly how she had planned to spend her day, babysitting some minotaur-brute. Gwil let out a soft sigh at this.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur began to doze off for a moment and said nothing to Gwil. The next thing he knew his eyelids had crept shut. He seemed to be relaxing a little too much. He then murmured, "eh, you need to calm down....I won't be here too long." His tail then shrunk until it was no longer there. He continued to murmur simple things in his daze. He murmured how he wanted to change to his full form and maybe get a little bit of water from a nearby river,  or going to get some fruit. He even murmured about a good fruit tree, but it being too high. The next thing he knew he had fallen asleep! He snored like a bull and his arms dropped to his sides and he continued his loud snoring, it looked like it would take a lot to wake him up, and he won't be too happy to be woken up.

Ethereal-Star

Gwil was starting to relax against the tree, but still kept her eyes on the minotaur. Not too much later, the minotaur had fallen asleep! Gwil blinked for a moment in surprise. And dear Mother Nature, was he loud!! Gwil had rarely, if ever, heard such loud obnoxious snoring before. After a while it began to grate on her nerves. The nymph blew out an exasperated breath, blowing some strands of brown wavy hair behind her back as she did.

A minute passed. Then two. Then three. Kurbur was still asleep and snoring. Finally, after another five minutes of that awful snoring, Gwil had had enough. She marched right over to him and shook him as violently as she could. "Wake up you big brute, time's up!!" So, it probably was not the smartest thing on her part to do then, but honestly Gwil didn't have such intelligent thoughts on her mind at that point. She just wanted that ridiculous snoring to stop! He still slept on. Finally, Gwil raised a hand with the intent to smack him. Maybe that would wake him up!

thehiddenbeast13

Surprisingly, Kurbur managed to stay asleep. Once the shaking had stopped the minotaur fell on his chin, slightly skinning it, and stirred for a moment. He the murmured in his sleep,"That you smart arse?" And begin to lightly snore and fell back to sleep. He seemed to be slowly changing in his sleep as his tail came out yet again. It began to stir in the dirt and he seemed a little mad already even if he was asleep. It looked like a smack might actually get spooked like a horse as he continued to slightly change and his tail continued to grow.

Ethereal-Star

Gwil was shocked. The shaking nor did the sharp smack she gave him did anything of the sort to fully rouse him from slumber. The wood nymph pondered for a second on what to do, before her eyes lit up and she smiled a wicked grin.

She stood up, the woven leaves of her forest garb rustling slightly as she did so. The nymph began to conjure some icy cold water from her hands, drawing upon the enchanted magics of the woods they were in. She quickly held out her hands, palms facing down over the unsuspecting, changing form of the minotaur and unleashed her magic.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur, who was just trying to sleep, was finally in his full minotaur form. When he was suddenly doused with icy water. He suddenly threw himself up and began kicking and bucking in not only fear, but anger! He suddenly calmed down enough to get a good look at Gwil's little smile. He snorted in anger, actually forcing the gold nose ring to move from the sudden gust. Even though he was still on all fours he managed to calm down enough to roar,"What is wrong with you!?" He then continued and said,"Give me one reason why I shouldn't ram you!"

He then stood up and picked up his ax. He spat on the ground and said,"Don't follow..." He then growled and began to walk away from the area he had just been in, the only way things could get worse would be if someone jumped on his back to try and take him for a ride.

Ethereal-Star

Gwil's amusement faded fast and her eyes widened in alarm. "Just where do you think you're going?" she yelled at his quickly retreating back, his axe in hand. "You get your minotaur butt back here, right now!"

Around the nymph, she could hear the creaking murmurs of the trees in response to Kurbur's rage and his axe at the ready. The ground underneath the wood nymph was humming more strongly and alive, preparing itself for what might happen. She was now both afraid and incredibly angry at what he might do. "Stop right this instant, for the love of Nature and all Her creatures! Oh so help me Mother of the Earth, I will strike your ugly minotaur arse down if you do anything disrespectful!"

And with that, she ran after him, intent on stopping him fully before any damage was done.

thehiddenbeast13

The raging bull turned to see that Gwil was trying to catch up with him and threatened to strike him down if he didn't stop what he was doing. He then roared and yelled,"Strike ME down!? Be lucky my horns don't go through your little brain!" He then threw his ax  and roared, "Begone!"

He needed to blow off some steam before he decided to go after her. He saw a large tree and instinct took over. In a fit of rage, Kurbur threw himself onto all fours,  showing his thin back the looked more along the lines of a space between a camel's hump. On all fours, kurbur looked more like a really angry bull than a actual minotaur. He then began to scrape the ground with his massive hand and the opposite hoof repeated this action. He then roared before ramming his massive horns into the tree, almost knocking it over in one go. Kurbur then wrenched his horns out and back up again. This hit would knock over the tree if it landed. He began to scrape the ground with his hoof again, getting ready to really blow of some steam.