Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Lesson On Respecting Nature (private)

Started by Ethereal-Star, November 06, 2014, 07:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Gwil ran after him, the force of her speed making her hair gust back behind her as she ran to stop the raging brute. She became aware of her companions at her side, not just Talon and Twinkle but also Thothor, Lastor and Fleur as well. "What is happening?!" Thothor yelled as they ran, the roar of a minotaur being clearly heard reverberating through the forest.

"Idiot bull is trying to harm the forest! He must be stopped!" Gwil screamed back. They all fully agreed. "Why is he doing this?" Thothor yelled back. "No time to explain, we must hurry!"

They soon came upon the area where the minotaur was crouched on all fours, rearing back about ready to plunge his horns into the trunk of a massive tree. "Nooooooooo!" screamed Gwil in panic, and they all sprang into action at that point. "Stop this madness!!"

The very earth shook around the minotaur as all druids present called upon their magic to try to stop him. The air grew heavier with the scent of magic being unleashed as Thothor called to the trees around them, "Awaken brothers and sisters of the woods, you are needed in action!" The ground creaked, cracked and moved as the trees uprooted themselves, taking on Treant form, going out of their dormant stage into action to protect their home. A deep depression formed in the ground right underneath Kurbur, about twelve feet deep and three feet wide, courtesy of Gwil's magic. The sky also darkened in response, due to the other druids' powers, as a storm began to rage high above. The minotaur would most surely regret his actions, Gwil was counting on it.

((Alright, I hope that reads better now. As we agreed, Thothor will issue the signal to stop once Kurbur falls into the hole.))

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur had tried to jump out of the way of the massive sink hole, but it had already swallowed him by the time his feet had left the ground. He soon fell flat onto his back, creating a large mass of dust in the hole. NOW kurbur was beyond angry. He snorted, bucked, rammed the wall, and many other things in this fit of rage. He now officially hated Gwil, if it wasn't for her he wouldn't be in this mess! Furiously, kurbur drew one of his daggers and tried to throw it out the hole, he succeeded but couldn't tell where it went. Kurbur then went back ti the roaring, kicking, and ramming, now running around like a crazed bull on all fours. Soon he would calm down, soon.

Ethereal-Star

When the hole formed in the ground underneath the minotaur and Kurbur fell in, Thothor held up his hands and shouted "Cease your attacks!" Everyone did, even though Gwil was enraged at this, and both siblings whirled to face each other even as loud thuds and roaring could be heard from the deep depression. "That was not necessary Gwil, and you know this! I know you do not approve of his being here, but we are not trying to kill him, merely teach him a lesson! Your thirst for violence is wearing on me! Look what you've done, you've angered him beyond belief! Now there's no telling what he'll do!" he shouted at her.

Gwilwilethneth clenched her fists angrily and yelled right back at him. "Look what he did to the tree, Thothor! You can't possibly condone that! He deserved it!" the nymph fumed.

"And what brought all this on anyway, hmm??" her brother questioned. Gwil froze and then hung her head a little, before looking back up again. "Look, I apologize brother, I didn't mean to anger him! I just didn't think--"

"You never think Gwil, that is the problem! You just act without thinking of all the consequences! What exactly did you do to make him that way?"

The nymph sighed, and glanced around her at the others. The trees had stopped and were wandering around aimlessly, apparently waiting for a command on what to do next. Lastor and Fleur were simply shaking their heads, amazed. "I--I might have dumped ice water on him with my magic while he was sleeping." she said quietly. "But he was snoring so loudly, I could not stand to listen to that racket any longer!" Gwil said in defense. Talon was quiet, not uttering a sound while Twinkle merely flapped her wings in the air.

Her brother sighed and shook his head wearily. "What am I to do with you sister?" The pounds, thuds and roars could still be heard as Kurbur attempted to get out. He was still a moment, thinking, and glanced into the hole briefly spotting the pissed off minotaur. "Let us just hope he calms down soon. You've done quite enough, Gwil, really!" Shaking his head still, Thothor glanced towards the hole again before looking at his sister. "I am to stay here and watch the both of you now!"

"What about the tree?" Fleur asked him quietly. Thothor glanced at it, saddened. "I do not know at this point." he replied. The felled tree would have to be worried over later. Right now there were bigger problems to deal with. "I cannot really blame him for what he did if you angered him sister. You are also at fault here."

Sighing, he commanded the treants to transform back to their dormant selves which they did without complaint. Just then, a sharp object came flying out of the hole and hit Gwil without warning. It was a dagger. Gwil's hands went to her side as the weapon embedded itself in her flesh, and she cried out in pain falling to the ground as she did so, hands clutching the wound, blood pouring out.

"Gwil!" everyone cried out, alarmed and they rushed over to her side, her animal companions also going to her.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur stopped his bucking and roaring for a moment when he heard a scream of pain. He knew that he had thrown his dagger while in his fit of rage, but it seemed that it had hit Gwil! He then took out another dagger that was hooked and very ragged he then yelled,"That's what you deserve you smart arse!" He then went silent as he sat in the farther side of the hole, barely out of view. He then tried to rest, maybe now he wouldn't get water doused on him. He wasn't snoring surprisingly, it just seemed like he had stop talking altogether. Finally, he got what he wanted, peace and quiet.

Ethereal-Star

Gwil lay on the ground holding her side, the dagger still embedded. Thothor and the others rushed over to her frantically. Her eyes showed pain as well as rage within them. She thought she heard Kurbur yelling about how she deserved it, but the pain was blinding her senses too much to be sure of that.

Her brother knelt at her side, and examined the wound carefully. "Hold still, Gwil. I need to pull the blade out." He did so quickly, discarding it on the ground next to them, as Gwil screamed in pain at this. He quickly held his hands over the open wound and poured his healing magics into it, watching as the wound closed up, the blood stopping altogether. Once that was done, he sat back on his hooves and sighed. "Now, will you try to be more careful?"

Gwil chose to say nothing, eyes still shut as she tried to calm her breathing. Slowly, she sat up and then threw a glare full of immense hatred into the hole where the minotaur was, although she could not clearly see him from this vantage point. "I want him GONE!!" she screamed in utter rage.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur began to crawl out from his little crevice and had completely ignored what Gwil was yelling at him about. He actually seemed to be enjoying himself down in his hole, he then grabbed a piece of straw from his bag and began to recline while holding it between his teeth. He wasn't as mad as used to be and eventually stood up.

He snorted a little and spat out the straw. An idea had just struck him! He grabbed his other massive dagger and murmured, "I hope I don't break this..." he then walked over to the wall and threw his dagger not to far up from him. He then put his hoof where it would fit and grabbed the dagger for extra support. Thanks to the jagged design of the blade, he could stick it in with ease and not shatter the blade. He slowly continued this process, almost falling back down twice. He was now finally back to the surface!

He walked right by Gwil and her brother with a blank look as he picked up the other dagger he owned. The blade of the dagger that had stabbed Gwil was straight, but also curved like the one kurbur currently held. He picked it up without noticing Gwil or her brother as he wiped the dagger clean of Gwil's blood and sat down by the tree he had knocked over. For some reason he sat alone, in a odd stance with the jagged dagger to his right and the lighter and straighter dagger to his left. He then decided he would name the jagged dagger "Vengeance" while the other would be named "Temperance". He was happy with these new names and lowered the daggers as he sat alone, hoping he would have time to regroup with himself.

Ethereal-Star

While the others walked over to the fallen tree to pay their respects, bowing their heads as they did so, Thothor looked at Gwil sternly. "It would not be wise to anger him again, sister. I know you two hate each other, but there needs to be some understanding here!" Shaking his head, he glanced over to the others and the dead tree as they put their hands on the smooth bark to give the fallen tree a blessing and a farewell. Glancing briefly at Kurbur, he turned back to Gwil who was still fuming at the minotaur. If looks could kill, Kurbur would be dead ten times over. Dear sister of mine...what am I to do with you sometimes... the older brother thought to himself.

"Come, let us say our farewells to our fallen brother." Thothor motioned with his hand for the nymph to follow, and she did so but not before throwing the minotaur a completely nasty look, one that would normally wither anyone's confidence and resolve. Gwil hated Kurbur with a passion, and all she wanted now was for the atrocious thing to get off their lands and leave.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur could care less if Gwil was staring, he stood up with both daggers in hand and began to walk away from the scene. He went back to his makeshift camp and threw both daggers into the downed log he was sitting on not too long ago. He simply sat on the ground, still angered by what Gwil had done. He couldn't take it anymore and actually felt like stabbing his horns through her. He knew he shouldn't think that way, but he couldn't help it! He was still mad at Gwil and won't be forgiving her anytime soon.

Ethereal-Star

Gwil watched with narrowed eyes as Kurbur walked away. She quickly paid her respects to the downed tree, and then headed off after Kurbur soon after. She was planning to watch him to make sure no more harm came to the woods. Thothor followed Gwil as she ran lightly towards where she had seen the minotaur go.  He was going to keep an eye on both of them, minotaur and sister nymph alike. This wasn't the first time he had had to bail his sister out of trouble, and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

Soon, both nymph and faun arrived at the makeshift campsite.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur chose to leave the dagger where he had embedded them. He had begun to pitch a small tarp to give him a area to rest in. He was soon finished and cautiously stepped inside of the large straw tarp. He only had his sword to rest on, which of course didn't bother him as much as it would any normal person.

He then got up on all fours and left the small tarp to admire his own handiwork. It needed a few more dead branches that Kurbur couldn't find, it's not like he was allowed to mow down anymore trees with his horns. He then stood up on his hooves to see that Gwil and her brother were already coming to check on him.

Kurbur was done with the both of them as he grabbed his massive daggers. He then grabbed his sword and slashed a massive line that was about twenty feet away from Kurbur's small tarp. He then said,"You stay over there, and I stay here" as he pointed to the his small camp for one. He then held both daggers as he said,"Oh, if you try and cross you better watch out, or else you might cut." He then threw both daggers back into the log and hauled a large rock he had found into the doorway of the tarp to cover the entrance way. Only someone with immense strength like Kurbur could lift such a large rock.

Ethereal-Star

As the two arrived on the scene, they noticed Kurbur putting up a tarp to rest in. The wood nymph's companions Talon and Twinkle soon arrived as well, with Talon sniffing the area briefly and growling some at the minotaur. The wolf also strongly disliked the large creature for what he did to her mistress. Twinkle perched herself on the nymph's shoulder and Gwil stopped glaring at Kurbur to offer the butterfly a small smile of gratitude. They were always there for her when she needed them.

Talon nudged Gwil's hand softly, and Gwil turned to look at the large wolf expectantly. You want me to take a bite out of him? the wolf asked her telepathically. Gwil smiled and shook her head. As much as I would love that, I do not think that would end well for either of us. She scowled at this. The ugly brute was severely intruding on her peace of mind today. She didn't like it one bit. Talon then sent Gwil a mental image of the minotaur falling off a cliff and to his death far below. Gwil laughed at this. Yes, it would certainly show him. He deserves it! Talon rested her head on her paws and gave to Gwil what looked like a cheeky grin--as much as a wolf can grin that is. Gwil laughed again, and rustled the wolf's fur affectionately.

She turned to look at her brother who was perched on a nearby tree branch. He merely shook his head at her and pointed to the space that the minotaur had claimed for himself. Gwil noted the huge boulder that was planted in front of the entrance-way and snarled like a feral thing. He certainly was not subtle about wanting to be left alone. she thought with disgust. She hoped in vain the minotaur would rot in there, but the chances of that happening were not very likely. Needless to say, it looked as though Mr. Minotaur would be staying awhile as an unpleasant guest.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur sighed for a moment and stayed in his small tarp ALONE. When he peeked through a small crevices in the tarp he could see Talon and Gwil with devious smiles. This of course got Kurbur mad, but not to his boiling point. He removed his eye from the crevice and sighed. Maybe I should stay here over night he thought to himself. He could finally relax for once. He pulled a fresh, red apple from his pocket and began to eat it. To him it sounded normal, but to others it sounded like a loud crunching and about three other minotaurs were making that noise. Maybe tonight won't be as peaceful as he had hoped.

Ethereal-Star

At the sound of loud crunching as though the minotaur were munching on something, Gwil turned her head sharply to the offending noise and its despicable owner. She gritted her teeth, but did not do or say anything else. Thothor glanced at her out of the corner of his eye, as though to subtly make sure she didn't do anything rash. Gwil simply rolled her eyes in annoyance. The sooner the brute left these woods, the better it would be.

Gwil listened attentively to the woods around her, hearing the spirits of nature murmur quietly about the recent turmoil that had taken place. They seemed somewhat agitated as well, but were trying their best to accommodate for the disturbance. Gwil sighed and idly began twirling her woven flower crown in her hands. The artistry of it was beautiful and she loved it dearly.

The crunching sounds continued. Gwil, fed up with this, put the crown back on her head, stood up and yelled to Kurbur, "Keep it down you cad! Must you be so rude and loud?!" The nymph sat back down then, and began playing with the tendrils of grass at her feet, trying to stay calm.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur stopped chewing when he heard Gwil screaming. He then slowed down his chewing,  but in turn made a even louder crunching. Finally, Kurbur had eaten the apple, core and all, and simply dropped the seeds outside by pushing the massive boulder out the doorway.

He then put his back to the rock and tried to relax while holding a bit of straw between his teeth. I think I might just spend the day here I kinda like it here. He stopped the thought and got off of the rock to go rest on the ground. He looked out through another crevice and saw that it was getting dark, but it couldn't he night yet! He squinted his yellow eyes and managed to make out large storm clouds ans said,"Good thing I got this built when I did." He then laid back on the ground and his tail snapped around like a whip for a few moments and then started sweeping itself on the hard dirt floor. Kurbur simply laid back again and said to the group,"I'd find shelter if I were you."

Ethereal-Star

The two siblings noticed the approaching storm but neither were overly worried. "You forget that we live in nature all the time, we have little need for makeshift shelters like others do. Whatever is around will suit Gwil, her companions and I just fine." Thothor explained to Kurbur.

To Gwil, he said quietly, "I suggest we leave the minotaur here for the meantime and go find one of the caves around here." As the nymph's apparent look of protest on her face showed, her brother quickly added in, "Do not worry about him, I doubt he will be going anywhere in this storm." Gwil pondered this, then nodded to him. "I believe you're right brother, but I would not suggest leaving him be for too long. Nature only knows what other damage he might cause!" This last part was stated more loudly, probably to both warn and irritate the minotaur at the same time.

"He wont." Thothor stated with confidence. "Will you minotaur?" his voice rose, directing his question towards Kurbur. The four of them, Talon and Twinkle included, all made to go to one of the nearby caves to wait out the storm. It looked like it would be a fierce one.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur could hear both voices. He growled at Gwil's smart remark and simply said,"yes...I'll be fine." He then began to scrape his dagger on the ground as an attempt to calm himself down.

He wanted to go out and yell at Gwil but continued to growl anyways. It really bugged him, even to the point where he lost his appetite. He then picked up a peach in his bag and murmured, "Well, there must be some animal having a harder time than me..." He then opened the massive boulder a small inch and dropped the peach outdoors, maybe a animal would scamper by and take it.

He then closed up the gap and simply did some poking around in his bag, but couldn't find anything to keep him busy for a moment. He was beginning to get bored, so he simply laid on his massive back and waited for the storm to come. Hopefully,  he would have a chance to be on his own without a nagging Gwil always riding his back on how she wanted him out. Won't be too long before she actually jumps on he jokingly thought to himself. It would be nice to finally get away from all of his troubles.

Ethereal-Star

A brown bunny scampered by Kurbur's tarp and went over to sniff the peach dropped on the ground before a deafening boom of thunder sounded, the lightning bolt that followed very near these part of the woods, promptly scaring away the rabbit as it fled to safety. Without the peach.

A second later the sky opened up, the rain pouring down in massive buckets of drenching water. Everything around quickly became soaked as the sky darkened even more, grey and black thunder clouds unleashing their wrath upon the land.

The wind tossed the tree branches around, lightning still striking overhead, with thunder booms sounding soon after. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck one of the trees nearby, splitting it down the middle! Very near where Kurbur was camped out at. The electric charge in the air remained for quite a while.

Meanwhile, in the cave...

Gwil listened to the sounds of the storm taking place and heard very clearly the massive boom as it struck somewhere nearby, presumably near where Kurbur was situated. Hah! she thought with some amount of glee. Perhaps the storm will strike him down and I won't have to! It was a lovely thought, one which brought a huge smile to the wood nymph's face.

Thothor noticed this, and said "Why the smile, sister?" Thinking for a moment, he went on, "Or do you hope the minotaur will meet his end in this storm?"

Gwil turned to him, not really alarmed by her brother's correct assumption. "You know me too well, brother." She scowled, glaring at the cave walls as if it were the brute himself. "That minotaur has caused too much trouble here lately! I would be most glad to be rid of his presence. In whatever way is possible." she finished.

"Oh and I suppose you are completely innocent in the matter too, sister?" Thothor countered, raising a bushy eyebrow at her.

"Oh, never mind you!" Gwil scoffed and sat back against the cave walls, the coolness of them somewhat soothing her irritation. "Whether I am or not, does not matter. The brute does not belong here. And that is final!"

Thothor wisely chose to say nothing and kept quiet, idly sharpening his weapon on the whetstone he always carried around with him. The four of them sat out the rest of the storm in silence, the wolf resting against Gwil's legs and the butterfly on her left shoulder.

After a couple hours, the storm concluded and the sky gradually began to lighten, the rain slowing to a drizzle before stopping altogether.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur stood calm, that was until he saw the giant bolt of lighting strike a tree straight down the middle. It had sliced it most of the way down the middle! After that, the storm seemed to lighten up until it had finally stopped. Kurbur then chose to emerge from his tarp and go examine the tree with his ax in hand.

When he had finally reached the tree he could better see that the tree was slightly burned, but surprisingly sliced. He then gripped his ax and said,"Maybe now I can dry off a little..." and began to hack away at the tree with his massive ax. It wasn't too long until the first half of the tree fell, then the other half soon fell as well, leaving a stump. Kurbur could tell that at the very least there were no creatures inhabiting the tree while he was cutting it down, that much he could be absolutely positive of. He then hacked the large trunks down into smaller, easy to carry logs and simply tossed the logs over both of his shoulders with a great heave.

Kurbur had finally reached his camp when he dumped the logs onto the ground and said,"Well now I got enough of these to last me a good while..." He then grabbed one of his daggers and a flat rock. He then began to strike the two together until he got a quick spark to form along the bottom of the stack. It soon lightly ignited, slowly covering the rest of the logs. He began to blow on the logs to help the flames spread through the logs and soon the whole stack was burning as a nice and warm camp fire. The minotaur then reclined a little and felt the warmth along his wet fur and clothing, slowly drying in the warmth.

Ethereal-Star

After the storm had passed, Gwilwilethneth and her brother went their separate ways, Talon and Twinkle following on behind the wood nymph as the quartet left the cave and back into the magnificent forest all around them. Thothor went the other direction to see to some other matters while Gwil headed back in the direction towards the annoying minotaur and his tarp.

The woods weep. Gwil clearly heard and felt in both her head and in the depths of her soul. A sense of sadness permeated the air around her and she herself felt like crying in its somberness. Dear Blessed Mother, what is the matter? she questioned silently to the voice of Nature. Another brother has fallen, it continued in that melancholic voice, the likes of which heard only by nature folk such as herself. A tear formed in the nymph's eyes and she hurriedly made her way toward where Kurbur was situated. "What has he done now," she muttered angrily, running now at a fast pace, her companions right behind her. Mistress? questioned the butterfly, concerned. Both companions also felt the pervading sadness and felt its loss. They were concerned about Gwilwilethneth and what she might do next.

When the trio arrived on the scene, the wood nymph at first couldn't believe her eyes. Where a tree once stood, now in its place lay only a dead stump, cut off from its long life of beauty and majesty. By the tarp blazed a crackling fire, orange flames licking the air merrily and next to it....was the minotaur, the foul beast of destruction himself. A huge pile of logs that could only have come from the downed tree sat beside the fire a little ways away from it.

The sense of loss and despair was too unbearable to her in that moment, of a life now gone, and she shrieked a high pitched wail of sorrow and extreme rage, hate filling her very being at this thing before her.

thehiddenbeast13

Kurbur continued his slicing of the dead tree when out of nowhere he hears some massive shriek! He flinched at the sudden banshee scream. He turned his head and in a sudden huff he yelled,"Shut the hell up you stupid Banshee!" At that moment he threw his axe into the stump of the tree and yelled,"The lightning was the one that killed the tree, not I!"

Before he would have to put up with her again he left his axe buried deep inside of the tree and went straight back to the area where he knew he should of stayed, right back into his makeshift tarp. He grabbed the massive boulder and slammed it against the doorway, for a moment it seemed as if the whole shelter might collapse, but somehow managed to keep together. He didn't want to hear it from her, he really didn't. He simply laid down once more and tried to drown out the awful sounds Gwil was making.