Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Lone Golden Eagle Egg [Ice]

Started by Ethereal-Star, March 05, 2015, 04:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Tags @Ice

On his way through the mountain regions near his home tribe, Mason scouted out the trail before him, stopping every so often to listen and use his earth sense to detect what creatures were around the area. Impressions of beavers and squirrels running through a nearby wooded area filled his mind's eye, but nothing of what he was sent out to search for.

The tribal shamans had foreseen the beginnings of trouble stirring up from a rival tribe of orcs as they bickered amongst themselves and grew restless, their numbers seeking to expand their territory again. The wisest of the Eagle Spirit Tribe's shamans had predicted a battle of some sort from this orc tribe sometime in the future, but it was only revealed through the spirit mists that they had some time before this battle would occur. The other two got similar answers although theirs was more vague and not quite to the point, only indicating unrest in the mountains.

So it was Mason's duty as an Earth Dreamer to scout out the areas as often as possible for any sort of clue as to where these orcs now resided as they were constantly on the move. Their main campsite had been abandoned, at least at the time Mason and a couple others of his fellow tribesmen had checked it out. It also paid to know what they might be planning and any word of suspicious activity was to be reported as soon as possible. Mason would not argue, he would do what was needed for his people. There was no greater cause than that.

It was as Mason was walking past a cavern wall, his Sight revealed to him something out of place within. Taking a deeper look through the walls of rock and earth, the Eagle Spirit Tribesman spotted something that looked to him like a nest. An abandoned nest at that. The nest was fairly large so it was no ordinary bird's nest to be sure. But it was what was inside that nest that got his attention. An egg peeked up from the edge of the woven twigs and leaves, the hint of a caramel light brown color showing.

After scanning the interior with his senses again and detecting no threats nearby, he glided on through the rock face and into the cavern itself. Immediately going over to the nest, Mason honed his ability again to further check for any possible threats. Still clear. Going over to the collection of twigs and crumbled leaves, there was indeed an egg sitting there, all by itself with no parents around to take care of it. Mason frowned. That was surely some type of eagle's egg if his eyes did not mistake him. He wondered where the parents were, before seeing crushed egg shells on the ground a few feet away along with the remnants of bones, its skeletal frame mostly shattered to pieces. It was definitely an adult eagle skeleton, of that he was certain.

Further away, lay yet another skeletal pile of the same thing. It looked like the remains had been here awhile. As to what had attacked this family of eagles so viciously, it could have been any number of things. What really puzzled him as to why this lone egg here was spared. He hoped he was not too late to rescue the unborn bird. What he would do with it beyond taking it to his tribesmen, Mason at this time had no revelations about such. He just knew he had to do something to help if he still could.

Gingerly he picked up the egg, cradling it in both hands for it was of a decent size. Using his earth sense would do no good here, as that ability didn't work on creatures of the air. Mason could only hope the bird was still alive. Wrapping a worn cloth around the egg from his pack to help keep it warm, he moved back outside once more phasing through the stone, the egg along with him harmlessly. Still carrying it, Mason began the trek back to his tribe, his scouting mission cut short for now. Whispering a prayer, he invoked the Great Eagle Spirit for help in this matter. "Great Spirit of the Eagles, I beseech thee to help thy find a solution to this dilemma I now hold in my hands. Whatever aid thou can give me is greatly appreciated. As always, I am your humble servant. Blessed be the Great Eagle Spirit!"

A cool breeze blew over him for a brief moment, but nothing else seemed to happen. Mason was patient though, he knew his prayer had been heard. All things came in their due time after all. He walked on, his feet crunching over pebbles and twigs on the beaten paths before him and then took the fork in the road that led the way back to his tribal home. Mason thought he felt the egg move a bit. That was a good sign! It meant hope was not lost.

With renewed fervor his pace quickened as he hastened to get back so he could put the egg somewhere safe. If he was correct, this egg would soon hatch as another shifting of the egg could be felt, clearly this time. Mason smiled a little. At least this eagle would have a chance at life. Still some ways away from the collection of tents and tarps that marked his tribe's settlement, Mason continued to hurry, anxious to consult the shamans and the tribe's leader on this important matter.

Ice

Another day had started in the highlands as a lone travlerr came threw . She was here because she had a dream that there was trouble brewing here. But who should she tell was the question on her mind right now. She knew that she had to tell someone for it was gravly important that she did this.

Then a sight caught her eyes. There was a human carrying and egg. Somehow she knew that he had nor stolen it. No he did not look like a thief. So then where did he get the egg? Hum that was a question she would save for latter. Right now she was just going to follow him and see what he was going to do.

Ethereal-Star

Picking his way through the trails and shrubbery, Mason stopped to check the egg real quick. It seemed that after the first two movements he felt that it went still, but he supposed that was normal. Rearranging the cloth around the egg, he picked up his pace and carried on. He did not see nor sense the golden eagle nearby following him as he neared his home.

It shouldn't be far now. The Earth Dreamer breathed a sigh of relief when the first tents and a campfire came into view. Now to seek out the tribal leader Argov, and tell him about his miraculous find...

Ice

Ventra looked down at mason as she followed him. He seemed to care for the egg that he had. That was good though as he was not wanting to kill it. As they neared the village Ventra deiced that it was time to reveal herself. So she gave a call and landed in front of him. She then cocked her head and smiled at him trying to seem friendly. Though her shy nature made it hard for her to say much.

Ethereal-Star

When the eagle landed in front of him, the Earth Dreamer gave a start at first. His surprise quickly turned to awe and reverence as he realized that a golden eagle no less had chosen to reveal itself to him.

Still cradling the egg carefully in his hands, Mason gave a bow to the large bird before him. "Greetings, great eagle. I admit you caught me off-guard there for a moment. Might I have the honor of knowing your name, oh winged one of the sky?"

Ice

Ventra smiled as she saw the males reaction to her presence . She looked at him with her soft eyes and looked him over. She the nodded as he gave a bow to her . She then spoke in a soft voice to him. " well I have something to tell you . I have been following you you see. I am ventra. Might I know your name?" she said . She was not letting on that she knew something terrible was going on. Or the fact that she could predict the future at all.

Ethereal-Star

Mason bowed again as the eagle introduced herself as Ventra. "It's a real pleasure to meet you, Ventra. My name is Mason, of the Eagle Spirit Tribe, here in the Terrin Mountains. Now, what's this about you following me?"

Checking the egg once more, Mason awaited her response while he watched to see if the egg would move again.

Ice

Ventra smiled as she saw him bow. This guy was  acting as if seeing one of her kind was  a really big deal. Though she could predict the future she could not for tell everything. " ahh yes I see. Well I will tell the reason . Saw something terrible in my dream. See I can tell the furter ." she said with a slight frown. She was not sure that he would belive her. Though if he did she would tell him more. If not she was not certain what she would do.

Ethereal-Star

Mason pondered what the eagle had said, thinking of his own dreams of late that have foretold trouble brewing in the mountains. His Earth Dreams also mirrored what the tribal shamans had seen as well in their consultations with the spirit world. Therefore it was of absolutely no stretch of the imagination for the Earth Dreamer to take stock of what Ventra here had just told him about her own predictions. It seemed their meeting was indeed fortuitous, that the Fates had deemed them destined to meet, to help each other out on that front. His tribe's prayers had been heard, as well as his own regarding the egg he had just found. Mason was most pleased to trade words with this eagle as they could very well help each other out.

The orc tribe the Eagle Spirit tribesmen had had dealings with in the past, were ruthless and cruel savages, certainly not one to place much importance in the value of life. Their beliefs in strength and bloodshed while not much different than most orc tribes thereabouts, this particular clan took this to an extreme, offing whoever got in their way, getting bolder with each passing day. Many reports of slaughters had reached their ears, thoroughly worrying their leader Argov and the others. Something needed to be done.

"Ah yes, a fortune teller. I believe we can definitely help one another out." Mason smiled at the eagle, then glanced down at the egg he held. "However I believe this egg as of right now, takes more precedence. I am of the belief that it is soon to hatch. I was hoping perhaps you might be able to care for it, being an eagle yourself. I found it in an abandoned nest nearby, its parents apparently having been killed some time ago. Why this one was spared, I know not. But alas, here it is unharmed and almost ready to be born into the world." He glanced hopefully at Ventra as he said all this.

Ice

Ventra watched the man as he thought about what she had said. She had to wonder if he believed her. Most thought that she was just nuts. That of course was not the case at all. She then breathed a small sigh of relief as she heard him start to speak to her once again. She then was taken by surprise when he asked her to care for the egg that he had found. She had never thought of herself as a mother before. Though she was certainly not going to say no. ' Well I am certain that I could do that. Though I must tell you that I am not an expired parent. Maybe you could help out in some way....." she said trailing off as spoke. She was not certain how he could help buy hey it was not too hard to ask for a little help.

Ethereal-Star

"Certainly. I can offer what prayers and blessings I am able to. In the meantime, would you like to meet my fellow tribesmen? I'm sure they would be absolutely delighted to meet you, just as I am." Mason gestured in the direction he was headed to. "It is just this way, if you would like to come."

Ice

Ventra smiled as she heard the man words. It seemed that he was wanting to help her in some way. That was good though because she might need it. She then heard that he wanted her to meet his tribe. " certainly. I am glad that there are people out here who seem to care for me company" she said with a smile.

Ethereal-Star

Mason began his walk once more, the eagle beside him. "I will take you to meet our leader first, Argov. He would be most intrigued to meet you, and it is only courteous that we speak with him first."

Ice

Ventra gave a nod as she listened to what the man was saying now. To be truthful she was abit nervous about meeting the others. She was not certain about how they would react to her. Though if  they were anything like this male then they would be just fine with her. " indeed. I think that if your tribesmen are as kind as you then we shall get along good." she said with a smile.

Ethereal-Star

The Earth Dreamer smiled. "Have no fear, my fellow tribesmen are honorable and friendly. They do not bite. I will say they will be most pleased to meet you, an eagle who can talk. It is not often we come across that sort of thing. You may even be treated as royalty, that would not surprise me one bit." He gave the golden eagle a playful wink before resuming his walk to the encampment where his people make their home.

Checking the egg again, he quickened his pace. "We must hurry though, I do not know how much longer until this egg decides to hatch. It will be a miraculous experience no doubt for my people."

Ice

Ventra gave a smile again as she heard what the man now said. She would be very embarrassed to be treated  like royalty. She was a humble bird who wanted nothing more then to help others. " oh my . Hehe that is good to know. " she said moving along. She was wondering why they thought so highly of her kind. Maybe it was something to do with what they believed or something.

She moved faster as he he did . She wounded what she would do with a young eagle. Though she was sure that she would figure it out soon enough. "intended it is grand to see new life come in to the world. " she said. She then moved her bag around and kept up the pace.

Ethereal-Star

Soon enough, they arrived at the encampment where Mason's tribe dwelt. The Earth Dreamer immediately made his way towards a large tent in the center of the tiny village-like camp, one with a large splendid black eagle design sewn into the tough cloth.

Two guards stood on either side of the tent, and gave him a respectful nod as he made to enter. "G'day, Mason, I-" His words trailed off as he soon saw Mason's companion. "And who is your eagle companion there, Mason?" Both sentries bowed to Ventra just as Mason had done before, with the one that spoke waiting to be introduced to the new avian arrival.

"Ah, this is Ventra here, a golden eagle of divination magics. She is a little shy, but I assured her we are a friendly people." Mason looked toward Ventra as he said this.

"Greetings, dear Ventra." Both guards bowed again, one hand over their chests in respect. "It is a honor."

Ice

Ventra followed the man to his tribe.  She took in all of the sites and sounds with her sharp blue eyes. She could see that there were a few people in this tribe. They would look at her in awe. That made her a bit nervous to say the least. She kept up with the man untill they came to a large tent.

She looked it over and got the feeling that she kind were important here. She then looked at the two guards as they spoke to the man. She was quiet not sure yet what to say. She was feeling a bit nervous still. She smiled as the men greeted her now. " hello. Its an honor for me to meet you as well." she said softly.

Ethereal-Star

The guards bowed once again, the first one saying to Mason. "The chief is inside as usual Mason, if you wish to speak with him."

"As a matter of fact I do, and not just about our friend here." Mason of course was referring to the egg which had given yet another shake in his hands, but didn't tell the guards what he was carrying in the cloth bundle as he was in too much of a hurry to speak to the chieftan. "If you'll excuse us my friends, but I have something important to show our leader and I cannot spare anymore time for chatting further, unfortunately."

With that he lifted the front flap of the tent and went inside, a slightly smoky interior greeted them as they entered. Argov was sitting in a chair, facing away from them, but upon their entry he turned around to properly greet the two. "Ah, Mason you have returned. And with friends no less." His gaze went to both Ventra and the egg the Earth Dreamer carried.

Argov wore a headdress that was made out of animal hide and was framed with colorful eagle feathers fanning out on the top and sides. His leather tunic and trousers looked to be in worn, but otherwise good condition. A stick of incense burned next to him on a small table as he had obviously been meditating, the smoke partially escaping through a small hole in the top of the tent itself. "Our shamans have informed me that you have important news to share. Please, do tell."