Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

A Nest Of Vermin

Started by Ethereal-Star, April 07, 2015, 05:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

@KaiTheWhiteWitch

Downing the last of her ale, Elowen stood up and stretched her arms over her head a little, satisfied at the comforting pop! they made. She was about to leave the tavern when a rowdy bunch came in and immediately zoned in on a young human male minding his own business in the corner. Elowen stopped where she was and sighed inwardly in aggravation. Would these idiots never learn? She wondered.

"Hey piss ant!" Called one of them, their supposed 'leader', a huge brute of a 'man' with a growing beard and big rippling muscles, whose name Elowen never cared to remember. She turned her head to watch as he and his entourage went over to the young man sipping a drink quietly, and with a forceful hand the big man ripped the drink out of his hand and sloshed its contents all over the other man's shirt!

With a shout of anger, the other man then sobered as he looked up at his 'attacker.' "Oh, uh yeah, didn't see you there, Mr...."

"Cut the shit. I told you last week you owed me and my boys money. Money that as of today, you still have yet to pay. Now fork it over or else!" He threatened the younger man with a menacing sneer on his gruff, unshaven features.

"Oh, that? Um, yeah I was gonna...and then it...well..." The nervous man stuttered and stumbled over his words.

"Tell you what, peanut head. Since I'm so generous, I am going to give you pitiful excuse of a man one more chance to cough up the dough. After that?" He spread his fingers in the air lazily as if to further accentuate his point.  "After that, me and the boys are gonna get what we are owed, one way or the other. So, if you value your neck, I suggest you don't dawdle any longer." He turned around then, not seeing the scowl on his victim's face as he and buddies turned to go.

But Elowen had heard more than enough and it was time to intervene again. Stalking up to them, she fixed a fierce glare on her scarred coppery tanned face and butted right in front of the exit, standing there with her arms crossed over her chest. "I take it you didn't get enough of a beating last time." Elowen intensified her glare as all of them stopped to look at her.

"Oh, look it's the red-haired elf again." one of the others said, but the sun elf could detect his nervousness.

Elowen smiled inwardly. Good. Let them be afraid. "What did I tell you before about beating innocent people up?"

The leader of them growled in her direction. "Leave us be, elf woman. This is none of your concern."

"I'm making it my concern." And with that, she leaped at him and kneed him in the groin, hard. Punching the nose of one of the others who tried to intervene, breaking it with a snap of bone while blood spilled heavily down his face as he howled in pain. The leader was down on the floor, in his own agony. The other two stepped away from her, clearly scared of getting involved.

"Crazy bitch." the one with the bloody nose choked out, before Elowen backhanded him again in the same spot. He promptly fell unconscious then from the loss of blood and pain. The other two ran out then, and Elowen let them go without any more struggle, although she really wanted to give them something to cry about as well. But she didn't.

"If I see you in here again harassing anyone else, you're going to wish you were never born." Elowen threatened in a dark tone of voice, before giving the leader one more kick to the groin as he tried to get up, promptly falling back down and screaming like a little girl as he did.

The sun elf left the tavern then, the two remaining men on the floor still as they tried to recover from their wounds. Outside the younger man they were harassing came up to her and told her angrily, "I could have handled that, you know. Now everyone's gonna view me as some kind of wuss, being saved by a girl no less!" He hurried off then, shaking his head in dismay.

"No, you couldn't." Elowen said softly, before heading in the direction of the Silver Talons mercenary guild. She had blood on her hands but it was not her own. She would wash it off later. Right now, she had business to attend to.

KaiTheWhiteWitch

Ashryn waited outside the mercenary's guild for Elowen to arrive as she nervously bit one of her fingernails, slowly chipping off the top half. The two of them had a job that night, and it seemed like a fairly simple one- maybe not easy, depending on how things go, but simple- but she'd never actually worked with Elowen before. They hadn't even gotten much of a chance to talk, so she wasn't sure what to expect. Working with someone new always made her sort of nervous.

She stood up, beginning to pace back and forth as she wondered why she was so nervous, anyways... This always happened when she worked with someone new. She was just worried about making a good first impression, but what was the worst that could happen? She knew she was good at her job, and they were just dealing with some spiders. She sat back down, sighing.

(I am not very good at writing long posts. I don't post many one-liners, so don't worry, but my posts will often only have one or two paragraphs at the most...)

Ethereal-Star

((Not a problem.))

Elowen reached the guild HQ, pausing when she saw her partner for the mission ahead, her white hair tucked underneath her brown hat. Ashryn was here waiting for her. Good, now they could get on with the task at hand. These spiders had proven to be no small menace to the locals and it was their job to see them exterminated for good. Any egg sacs they found would also need to be destroyed. The spiders themselves were huge monstrous things, definitely not your normal sized spider. Their poison however could prove to be a problem, but Elowen didn't plan on getting stung. They would die, and the people once more would be safe. That was all there was to it.

Walking up to the other elf, Elowen stopped before her and simply asked, "Ready to go kill some spiders?"

KaiTheWhiteWitch

Ashryn stood up in front of her partner and nodded, her nerves now calmed down a bit since she didn't have to wait any longer. She lacked any patience.

"I'm ready," she replied, moving her hand to her back, making sure she had her sword. She of course could tell it was there when she stood just by how heavy it was, but she always liked to be certain.

Ethereal-Star

Elowen nodded once. "Alright then, let's get moving. These spiders won't vanquish themselves."

Hefting her morningstar in hand which she had gone to retrieve it before arriving here, she hoisted her shield in the other and began the trek to where these spiders were camped out at. There was still blood on her hands, but Elowen didn't see the point of cleaning them especially when they were headed off to kill venomous creatures as it were. There would be time later for washing off the stench of blood and guts. The walk to the spider's hideout wasn't too far, perhaps about half a mile, if even that. Elowen was silent as they walked, face etched with a grim expression as usual.

Walking by the tavern she had frequented earlier, she didn't bother to check if the two thugs were still in there. It wasn't her concern at the moment. The sun elf walked with a purpose in her step as if doing such a simple task was a monumental quest, which for her it kind of was. Every little bit counted in her eyes to rid the world of nasties.

((OOC: Edited it as agreed upon. The second half of my earlier response will be posted after your next reply.))

KaiTheWhiteWitch

Ashryn walked alongside Elowen, occasionally glancing at her, wondering if she should strike up a conversation of some sort, but Elowen seemed fine with the silence. She could talk with her partner later. Elowen seemed so serious and confident, which Ashryn liked. She could tell this mercenary knew what she was doing.

Glancing down slightly, Ashryn noticed the blood on Elowen's hands. She wondered what had happened, but didn't ask.

Ethereal-Star

Passing through a thicket of bushes, they arrived at a broken down, weathered house that had long since been abandoned. Why, she didn't know. The spiders had obviously found it a good spot to settle in though to terrorize the people here. Not anymore they wouldn't. Elowen thought.

Readying herself, the warrior took in a deep breath and then went over and bashed down the door leading in, the wood already in a poor state, shattering to pieces under the assault. She quickly set about swinging her weapon at the nearest spider, spindly legs extended to strike with a crippling blow. Smashing it to smithereens, she turned to her next target. One down, several more to go.

KaiTheWhiteWitch

Ashryn followed behind Elowen into the house, glancing around. The spiders surely didn't seem happy, and several of them ran in Ashryn's direction. She grabbed the handle of her sword and swung out of it's sheathe, swinging it down onto one of the spiders.

Ethereal-Star

There was at least a couple dozen of these pesky vermin. Perhaps more. Elowen set about a smooth practiced pace, swinging her weapon in deadly arcs as she killed yet another spider, and then another. She leaped out of the way of a spider's leg as the tip of it gleamed with a green poison as it attempted to pierce her with its appendage. She snapped off the leg of it with Demon's Bane and the creature let out a hissing shriek of anguish, which was disturbing to say the least.

Swinging her morningstar downwards, the yellow glow of her weapon in motion, she made to smash the thing to bits as her partner attacked other spiders that were surrounding her. Chittering sounds were heard all around them as spiders everywhere came into the fray, mandibles clacking fierce and creepy sounds of disgusting proportions.