Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tense First Meetings [Jackie Cat]

Started by Ethereal-Star, April 15, 2015, 02:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

"It saves me the trouble of wondering whether or not they'll take it from me!" Calabell spat out.

Seeing that these two obviously had the upper hand over her, despite their inferiority, Calabell stopped her struggling as she was no fool. Continuing to do so might make the blade at her throat slip and cut her neck fatally. Plus that she was also at the mercy of her foes and right now there was little she could do about it. Perhaps there was some way she could convince them to untie her. Then she could finish what she started. Calabell began to think of a plan that might work in this instance.

JackieCat

"We don't want to take your home from you," Kirl said. "And I would like to let you go, except that I fear you'll kill me the second I do.  I could kill you."

Kirl really didn't want to kill the elf, but she could say she had changed her mind about killing the elf, just to see her reaction.  Kirl had come across enough evils in the world to know how to properly act like one.

"I might just kill you, I don't really want to get blood everywhere, but I can't really let you go, if you do you'll kill us, and I don't want to leave you here, you might hurt others when you manage to untie yourself,. which won't be for a while, i learned my knots from a sailor." That was true. "And you did hurt Oak, and I really feel very protective of her. . ."

Kirl pressed the knife down harder on the elf's throat, almost enough to draw blood, almost, but not quite.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Gritting her teeth, Calabell snarled her next reply. "If you untie me now, I promise not to kill you or your pet if you both leave the area and never come back. And you don't really want to kill me, I can see it in your eyes. If you leave me this way, I'll have no way to defend myself from the wargs and basilisks that prowl the woods here. Do you really want that to happen?"

Of course, this was a lie as Calabell fully intended on killing them as soon as she got free of her bonds. She would not let her guard down again. Calabell hoped she sounded convincing enough, as she really did not want to be tied up any longer. Her wrists were starting to ache from being tightly tied together with the thick, rough rope. If her plan succeeded, she could finish this and go back to her cave in peace so she could attempt to get more sleep. If not, she could be in real trouble here...

JackieCat

Kirl narrowed her eyes, and looked at the elf's face as she spoke.  Kirk wanted to believe her, she really did, but she couldn't, not after how the elf had acted earlier.

"I can't let you go, you could very well be lying to me," the girl said. "But you're right, I don't want to kill you, and I won't unless you try to kill me.  But tell me, if I can't let you go, I can't leave you here to die, and I can't kill you by my knife, what am I supposed to do?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"I'm not lying." she lied. Calabell's act obviously didn't go down the way she had hoped it would. The girl before her wasn't buying it.

Thinking quickly, she answered. "I swear upon my own kind that I won't kill you." Of course, the elf hated her own kind, seeing as how they had exiled her in the first place. She could never go back there. That route had been forever closed to her all those years back. But of course her captor didn't know that.

JackieCat

Kirl bit her lip.  Could she really trust the elf?  She decided she would, because, for Kirl, at least, swearing on her own kind would mean a lot.

"Okay, I'll let you go," she said, walking over and picking up the elf's knife, so the elf wouldn't be able to get her weapon.  She picked it up and stuck it in her belt, then she walked over to the elf.  She looked over at Oax, and mentally told her to be ready for anything the elf might try.

She gripped her knife tightly, so that if the elf did try to kill her, she wouldn't be able to wrest the weapon from Kirl's hands, and then she reached down and cut the elf's bonds, ready to jump back, or attack, at any moment.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

As soon as her hands were free, Calabell lunged forward and tried to grab for her knife from the girl's belt. Tackling her, she reached out for her weapon and also to try to knock the other down at the same time, keeping her elven ears open for whatever the hyena might do to protect her mistress.

JackieCat

Kirl spun out of the way, but the elf still landed on her.  Kirl tried to push the elf off, and then Oax leaped forward, snapping at the elf's ankle, hoping to be able to drag the elf off of Kirl, nor at least distract her.

"Just stop!" Kirl cried, still grappling with the elf. "I promise we'll leave!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Still trying to reach for her knife, Calabell growled in anger. "My kind left me to rot here in these strange lands! I hold no allegiance to them! Not anymore!"

She yelped then as the hyena's teeth latched onto her ankle, trying to free her foot from its jaw. Managing to do so, the aether elf continued the struggle to get her weapon back in her rightful hands.

JackieCat

"I'm begging you!" Kirl cried. "Please let us go!" She rolled away from the elf and got to her feet.  Oax jumped away from the elf at a mind signal from Kirl.  So now the two of them were away from the elf.

"We will leave.!" Kirl said. "I swear, I swear," she tried to think of something good to swear on. "I swear on Oax and my life's that we will leave and tell no one where you live!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

It was while Calabell was still trying to grab her weapon from the human woman, a dark shape crept behind a bush, waiting for the right moment to strike. The bright elf was too busy trying to grapple the other that she didn't detect the creature until it was too late.

A strange sensation came over her then, as a basilisk emerged from behind the bush and sent out a psychic ray of petrification. This psychic beam hit Calabell, and promptly turned her to stone stopping her in her tracks, with arms raised threateningly. The beast then turned its beady red eyes Kirl and Oax's direction, and began to fire up another ray to petrify them as well, before it could then feast upon the bodies, mouth opening wide to enact its psychic ability.

Meanwhile, Calabell was paralyzed, a statue frozen in time. It would be up to the others to kill the creature. Perhaps the elf would even be grateful for it and stop her attacks.

JackieCat

Kirl's eyes widened as the elf froze in place.  A split second later she saw the basilisk.  She dove out of the way, grabbing Oax and pulling her to the ground as the basilisk show another ray of energy.

The human and hyena rolled behind a tree and got to their feet.  Kirl peered out from behind the tree to see the basilisk slithering rapidly towards them.  The young woman leaped from behind the tree and dashed around the basilisk.  The mental link the two shared helped them a lot in battle, and as Kirl ran behind the basilisk, Oax ran in front, distracting the beast.  The basilisk snapped at Oax, but the hyena, despite her injured shoulder, was to fast and leaped out of the way every time.

Kirl jumped onto the basilisks back and climbed up its neck.  The basilisk swung its head around to try to bite at Kirl and dislodge her, but the girl held on tight and climbed up to the beast's head.  holding on with one hand, she raised her dagger with the other and brought it stabbing down right behind the basilisk's skull.

The creature swayed, and Kirl tried to leap clear, but her foot snagged on a frill, and the basilisk fell sideways, its heavy body landing on top of Kirl's lower half.

The girl cried out on pain, but could not push the basilisk off of her or squirm out.  Oax rushed over, and tried to push the beast off, but with her injured shoulder she could not.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

With the death of the basilisk, Calabell was free from its petrification effects. Looking around confused, she spotted the spiky beast lying dead on top of Kirl, with the hyena trying to push it off but failing due to her injured shoulder. The elf realized they had most likely saved her life at that point.

With much ferocity, she kicked the dead creature with as much force as she could muster, more out of retaliation than anything, ignoring the barbed spikes which dug into her boot as she did this. Now the beast was off the other woman. Calabell stared at the two for a moment as she thought of what she should do now. They had saved her life, and the bright elf was not entirely ungrateful for it.

JackieCat

As Kirl saw the elf unfreeze, she stiffened, but could not reach her dagger.  Now that she was trapped, would the elf kill her?  From the way the elf had acted before, her unrelentless attacks and ruthless behavior, Kirl expected the elf would kill her, she had shown no mercy before.

'She'll kill Oax, no!' was the first thought that went through the young woman's mind, but then again, Kirl and Oax had saved her live, maybe she would be grateful. . .

Oax growled at the elf, but then the other woman kicked the basilisk off of Kirl and the young woman got to her feet.  Oax continued to look suspiciously at the elf, but Kirl smiled at her.

"Thanks," she said, but she didn't push it, just because the elf didn't kill her that didn't mean they were on good terms.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

It seemed Calabell had made up her mind on what to do now. As Kirl and Oax turned to leave, she called out to them hesitantly, "Wait! Just...wait." Struggling to find the words she wanted to express, Calabell managed to give a thank you. It was not something she was used to doing, especially living alone all these years further cemented that in her.

"Thank you." she said. "I mean, for killing that thing and saving my life too." Another pause. "And I appreciate that." The bright elf sighed audibly, as she raked a hand through her golden locks, now tussled with many tangles in them. "I just am not used to that sort of help. It is...strange to me."

Looking straight at Kirl, she said, "I won't harm either of you. I...I promise this." Glaring at the body of the basilisk, she scowled at it and plopped down on a rock nearby. Waving a hand at them, she told them, "Go, if you will. I will not pursue you."

JackieCat

Kirl stopped and turned back to the elf as she asked them to wait.  She stood and smiled faintly when the elf thanked them, though she frowned when the elf said that she was not used to that sort of help.  When the elf sat down Kirl cocked her head to the side questioningly.

"You said we may go, but may I ask," Kirl decided to talk to the elf, if the elf would talk back.  When she was not trying to kill them the elf seemed rather sad.  "Why do you live in this forest, all alone, with no one to keep you company?"

Kirl wondered if she had pushed too far, but she stood and waited for a response.  If the elf said nothing or responded negatively, Kirl and Oax would leave without another word on the subject.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

A moment of silence passed before Calabell spoke, her head still cast down. "I was exiled from my home. Cast out, like yesterday's garbage." Looking up at the woman, the aether elf responded sadly. "I don't belong anywhere anymore."

JackieCat

Kirl smiled sadly as the elf spoke, and sat down across from her. "I've got a similar story," she said. "I was twelve years old and I was cast away from my home.  My family completely forsake me and chased me out.  I don't really belong anywhere either, I just travel around with Oax."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"They had killed Greyden. He was the only friend I ever had. And all I did was support him. We had our reasons for doing what we did." Calabell started to become visibly angry, but not at Kirl and Oax, her hand clenching in her lap.

"They killed him, beheaded him without mercy and I had to watch it!" she screamed out loud. She started to shake as her anger began to steadily mount.

JackieCat

Kirl's eyes widened, and, before she even knew what she was doing, she went over and sat next to the elf, putting her hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry," was really all she could say, she didn't know enough about what had happened to comment further. "I'm really very sorry."

Oax hesitantly walked over to the elf and say in front of her, the hyena's large brown eyes looking up at the elf.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor