Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tense First Meetings [Jackie Cat]

Started by Ethereal-Star, April 15, 2015, 02:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

"I don't see what other choice I have." Calabell snorted in disdain. "It's not like I would move to a city full of humans or any other species. The solitude offered here is nice, I just have to keep ever alert for basilisks, bears and other creatures." Looking over at the still burning corpse of the dead basilisk, she scowled at it before turning back around.

"I suppose you'll be on your own way soon?"

JackieCat

"You could travel, like I do," Kirl said.  "You can stay here if you want, but I don't want you to feel like you have to stay here.  Just know you have other options."

Oax stood up and nuzzled calabell's face. "We will be going soon," Krl said in answer to the elf's question.  Kirl stood and walked over to Calabell. "It really was good to meet you," she said. And it was the truth.  Meeting the elf had been a good experience, and one the young woman would not forget for a very very long time.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Giving some thought to what she said, Calabell supposed it wouldn't hurt to venture out a little further than normal. The only problem was keeping intruders out of her cave. "Perhaps." she finally said.

She wasn't sure about her own feelings regarding this meeting, but for now Calabell chose not to concern herself with it. "Before you go, I don't suppose I could have my dagger back?"

Once they would leave, Calabell would return to her cave and try to get some more rest. After that, she would decide later on what to do afterward. She had no idea what kind of currency the people of these lands used, and Calabell herself didn't have much of the type that was used in her home plane as it were. Only a couple silver coins, but they were of definite Aetherian make. However she would cross that bridge if and when she came to it.

JackieCat

"Of course," Kirl said, handing Calabell her dagger.  Oax nuzzled Calabell one more time and then walked over to stand next to Kirl.

"I wish you the best of luck, Calabell," Kirl smiled at the elf. "I really do."

She nodded to Calabell and then turned and walked away into the woods.  The meeting with the elf had opened some very insightful thoughts in Kirl, and the young woman hoped that the elf would find happiness.  Despite Calabell's, at first, ruthless actions, Kirl saw the elf as vulnerable, emotionally.

Kirl remembered when she had felt this way, but she had found her place in the world, and she hoped that Calabell would as well.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Taking the dagger back from Kirl, Calabell sheathed it at her side then. The elf did not say goodbye, only nodded solemnly in response. Watching as they walked away, she sighed and turned back to the entrance of her cave and went inside.

Settling down on the floor with the thin rug underneath her, the bright elf lay down and attempted to rest, still keeping one eye open for danger. Listening as well. The meeting with the human had certainly been different, as in she Calabell hadn't killed her and had actually talked with her as though Kirl were one of her own kindred. Strangeness aside, it was a bit of an eye-opener for the aether elf. Perhaps not all others were bad, however it was much too soon for Calabell to think any more beyond that initial thought. Right now, she needed rest. What little she was able to get, that is.

She soon drifted off into a light sleep, not too deep but deep enough for the time being. The embers from the fire had completely burned out, casting the cave in a thick blanket of darkness. The only sound was the elf's soft breathing as she slept, and a slight wind that blew into the cave.

((The End))