Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Living nightmares ||M|| (Coma)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, February 08, 2016, 01:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

@Coma

It had been years since Coma had saved Lizzbeth from a life of slavery.

The scared young elven child had become quite a beautiful young woman. Surely some scars were still in her soul and on her body but she had grown a lot more confident in many ways. She worked in the inn where she lived in, still in the same room. But the inn had changed a lot as well. It had expanded greatly, The wood on the first floor got replaced for bricks including the floor. There were also more rooms in a variety of prize ranges, stables, a place for residents to bathe and the food served had more variety. The town had profited from it as well and the Inn's owner had used some of his earnings to rebuild several homes.

Lizzbeth also had been educated and could read and write although it was not possible to catch up with everything and was still two years behind others.

With Coma she also had learned how to fight and not only rely on sight and with a lot of effort she learned his language a little while attempting to teach Kaison hers. It was to difficult to say though wether her efforts to teach him were fruitfull or not. The time they were with her was scarce but she always did her best when they were.

--

With a wooden crate in her arms she opened the door from the Inn. ''Alexander, I got the cheeses you asked me to get!'' she called. It was early in the afternoon and not many people were there. Only a few locals enjoying a meal.

Most people had been friendly to Lizz. Only those of her age and a little younger would tease her for being behind with her studies and a handfull bullied her by saying a variety of things. Despite that Lizzbeth had always remained friendly to them.

''Perfect for the party tonight.'' Alexander said with a grin.

''Alexander I told you... I do not need a birthday party.'' Lizzbeth spoke with a chuckle and felt the weight of the box leave her arms as Alexander took it from her.

''Nonsense. It is not every day the baby girl turns 16. And who knows. Maybe you will find a nice man tonight to call yours.''

''I doubt it Alexander.'' Lizzbeth replied.

''Really?'' Minerva's head popped out of the kitchen. ''I am sure Kaison will show.'' she teased causing Lizzbeth to blush.

''W-what gives you that idea. He is like a brother to me..'' she pouted causing everyone else to laugh and in the end including her.

''Besides..'' Lizzbeth spoke after she finished laughing. ''I am sure Kaison and Coma are to busy to show up anyway. It is alright.'' she assured.

Erianthe had never shown herself again since that night but she did see Kaison and Coma on a regular basis. The blood opal was around her neck now as well although a second was in Minerva's posession in case Lizz would not be able to use hers.

Coma

**Mortals were strange creatures... measuring and calculating their lifespans in such a way.  For Djinn, things were very different – in fact, most immortals didn't bother counting their ages; especially when your age started to span millennia and, physically, you stopped aging after reaching adulthood.  Coma had, for years, looked barely past his mid-thirties... and his son would stop physically changing at around the same time.  It was quite disquieting that, in their kind, you could have generations in a family look the same age.  It loaned a bizarre sense of eeriness to their kind in many ways...**

**It was perhaps unsurprising that a number of Lizz's birthdays had passed without Coma really acknowledging him.  He paid little mind to the indulgences of mortals – and such celebrations were counted as such.  Kaison, though, was a little warmer – but not by much; although, his own reluctance to engage with such things was borne far more by his natural shyness than by a chilled desire for space and distance.**

**As Lizz had suspected, Coma did not attend the celebration; but Kaison did – albeit briefly and with his characteristic silence.  He kept himself determinedly away from most of the guests, preferring to remain outside the inn; concealed by the early-evening shadows and encroaching night.   As polite as ever, he kept his natural psychic abilities at bay; reining them in so that he did not inadvertently trespass into anyone's minds.  Many mortal races tended to be quite thoughtful, open creatures and so this could often be quite a difficult grace to bestow upon them.  Still, if Kaison had his way, Lizz would be the only one to know of his presence in this realm.**

**It was quite likely that his father would visit later – to speak to Alexander about Lizz continuing to remain at the inn.  Truthfully, although Kaison was unlikely to try and convey it to Lizz, Coma visiting Alexander was likely to be the last any of the mortals saw of the demon assassin.  As far as Coma was concerned, she has officially reached adulthood and his obligation to protect her had come to its end.  He had helped her learn to protect herself – and that should be enough to see her through, as far as he was concerned.  There remained no connection between them... and Coma formed very few alliances outside of his own race.**

SilmeriaElemred

''My my. You must be Kaison.'' A woman had approached the man. She had a pretty face, curvy body, and smooth brown hair in curls till about halfway her back. In her left hand there was a glass of blood which she did not bother to hide. Not just that, she spoke Djinn. As youthful as her body looked though her eyes revealed she had not been born two decades ago.

''I'm not fond of large gatherings either but... the girl has become an adult now. It only seemed yesterday she was nothing more then a trembling little thing.''

Lizz herself was talking to some people and gave the two a kind, childish wave with a blush on her face when she looked at Kaison and the woman. Her blonde hair in a braid

''Delilah is my name, pleasure to meet you.'' The woman spoke with an elegant bow.

She could not finish the introduction though since Lizz showed and shortly embraced Kaison. ''I'm so glad you made it.'' she said softly. She said the words in the Djinn language although far from as fluent as Delilah had.

---------

A crow landed a few feet from Coma. It's feathers forming a whirlwind which revealed a kneeling man with white skin, black tattoos, hair and clothes.

''I've come to report Sir.'' he spoke before rising on his feet. ''Another four bodies were discovered. All human. Blood in their stomachs and having signs of torture. Whatever was in that blood or other liquids they have been given their bodies were in a state of morphing. Another two have been found alive but are in to much pain and shock to speak. Unless their bodies adapt to the strong magic, they are dead within five hours. Once they die the total of humans who entered our realm have increased into the thirties.'' The way he spoke was calm and respectful. A hint of fear in his voice as well.