Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I'm Sorry, I'm Lost [M] [Nova]

Started by Kiri de Kismet, December 29, 2015, 08:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiri de Kismet

When he heard of the influx of drow appearing in Draconi Forest, he had to go. A sane man would've turned the other cheek— especially after giving up twelve years of his life to the drow— but he knew the innocent half-elves of that forest were not equipped to fight off a drow onslaught. No one was, not really. The drow came and left like a monsoon over an island— unwanted, untimely, unbegotten.

He was no hero, but he was one of the few who knew the drow inside and out; he'd seen them at their worst and best as he rotted for twelve years in their captivity— hell if he'd waste the intel now. So the Daggerhound packed up and left everything he knew behind for the sake of some form of justice in a world where drow were allowed to rip elven children from their beds and steal them away from the sunlight, forever more.

It was a stupid idea. As he stood in a clearing in Draconi Forest now— with the wind whipping through him as he struggled for breath— he wondered if the people he'd met back in Sirantil Valley would remember him, should he perish. The travellers he'd guided through the merry wood— who whispered his name, Daggerhound, through their human villages and town— would they notice if his legend faded? Had the wolves he'd hunted with sensed his absence while they stalked through the valley— their party full, minus one? And what of Sajira?

The thought of her clouded his vision— it was the opening that this last drow had been waiting for. Four other drow corpses lay dead or dying amongst the autumnal leaves, and this final foe— a dual-wielding swordsman— fought not for revenge for his comrades, but for pride. To prove that the drow would always step on those whose dwelled in the Upper World— even if someone like him should kill one or two or four drow, another would only finish the job. He had forgotten that, in the moment. So as the drow leapt forward, dual-blades at the ready, and landed a crushing blow to his chest, Dalek bled out— the memory of her fading as he felt his strength leave him.

"Typical," the drow spat with a shrug. "You sun elves always go down easy."

Dalek pressed a hand to his chest and withdrew it, watching the blood pool from his wound like a waterfall, gushing a dark, midnight-crimson. "Ah..." he murmured, as he rose to his feet, withdrawing the bone knife he kept at his side. If he used all his speed, he could make it—!

With one last push, Dalek leapt forward towards his foe— who assumed him dead, or dying at the least— and swiped at his neck, letting his bone knife rip open flesh with a skillful slash. The drow's eyes rolled into the back of his head; his lips parted, to speak one last time, but only one final breath slipped from his lips. The corpse collapsed; the enemy lay dead. Victory tasted bitter; it was all nettles and napalm, with none of the glory.

Still, elves would sleep better with the drow dead.

He collapsed to the dirt floor near his enemy, on his knees, hand still pressed over his wound. If only he could dress it—! If only he'd a bandage nearby. The thought of dressing a wound... a bandage... ah! He remembered using a leaf to cover the bosom of someone close to him— was that Sajira? The memory sparked some desire in him to stay alive, if only to find her again. To apologize for his abrupt absence— to tell her things he'd meant to say earlier...

But the forest was so far away... This clearing seemed to stretch on forever. Still, he climbed to his feet and pushed forest, hand still pressed over his dripping wound.

Scythe-Nova

Something seemed different with the forest from last time Sajira had been here, it was more quiet than what would be natural for a forest. It all felt similar for some reason but Sajira could not place where the feeling came from, and even if she could she felt that it was somehow different darker and grimmer than the feeling she recognized.

-"..."

For some reason Sajira felt herself sink a little in spirit as she slithered through the vegetation, Her travels had taken her to many far away places and the memories she had gotten clouded out why she truly was traveling so much. It felt like she had forgotten the reason why but still somehow she remembered it, it was hard to understand the feeling she held in her chest. It was like holding on to a wheight burdening you, but somehow she knew that if she rid herself of that wheight she would forever regret it.

-"Hmm?"

She stopped in her tracks as the scent of blood reached her tounge, She turned around and saw a splash of blood on a tree and next to it the crumpled body of a black skinned elf. Sajira flared up her hood in attention as she examined the corpse noticing the singular wound on it's neck, It gave her the impression that the attacker was precise and efficient when striking to kill. She looked around and laid eyes on a sword covered in blood, Sajira realized that if this blade belonged to the dead elf whoever attacked him was also wounded. But looking at the blade brought clouds of worry to her mind and a sharp pain in her chest as if she had been stabbed with a sword through the chest, She then saw a trail of blood leading away and she followed it with her gaze and not far away her eyes fixated on the back of a retreating man.

-"... N-no way.."

It was a whisper from her lips as she stared openly at the back of the man recognizing the black scars upon his back, There was no way Sajira would mistake that back and like bolt of lightning she remembered why she had set out to travel after she had found a place she would have liked to call home. Her shock dissappeared like smoke when she saw the blood seeping from him and a wave of dread gripped her heart threatening to chrush her hope, rather panicked she moved towards him and calling out to him with tears in her eyes.

-"Dalek!"

((OOC: hope it's okay :3))

Kiri de Kismet

"Dalek!"

He thought he heard his name, drifting across the bloodstained valley— but it had to be a trick of the mind, he knew. No one knew him out here— these were not his woods, his blades of grass, his silent trees, watching him bleed out on Mother Earth's mantle.

Still, despite himself, there was a part of Dalek that dared to hope that someone out there knew his name. He turned his head towards the sound, his fingers pressed harder onto his worsening wound, and his eyes grew wide with wonder at the sight. Milk-white scales and rose-red eyes. Fresh concern, as if it had just been yesterday that they'd parted. A small smile etched itself across his features, as he took a step toward her. "Sajira...!"

He stood upright, back straight, and removed his bloodied hand from his wound— in spite of the pain, he didn't want to appear broken or damaged before her, despite how obvious his wounds were. He wanted to be the man she'd met on that day— strong, unbreakable, dependable, someone you could count on. He'd ruined all of that by leaving to stop the drow threat, he knew. But could he rebuild that image— of someone she could trust?

Dalek stood before her, looking up at her powerful form, awestruck. "Sajira... it's really you." He reached forward to take her hand in his— but as he did so, the blood from his hands stained her milk-white scales, and he recoiled, disgusted at himself. "Sorry..." he muttered, with a melancholic smile. "You caught me at my worst. You shouldn't have to see me like this." Blood trickled onto the grass, red droplets staining the green, pure blades. He was a disaster.

Scythe-Nova

It took all of her willpower to not pounce on Dalek, but that he was hurt helped her to hold herself back. But still her words caught themselves in her throat like they had turned to tar in her lungs, And even when her white scales were stained with the red of Dalek's blood she could not form words.

-"..."

Even though she could not speak at the moment her expression deeply showed just how much she had missed Dalek, She moved closer to Dalek when she saw the wound on his chest and lowered herself to eye level with Dalek.

-"..."

She finally closed her mouth and a melancholic expression dawned on her face when she put her hand upon Dalek's wound as if she could not belive it was real, But as reality would have it the wound was real. It was as if something clicked in Sajira's head when she realized Dalek needed aid sooner rather than later, Her tail slithered under one of the dead drows and brought it closer to herself before reaching out and removing the belt from the corpse and then tossing the corpse to the side.

-"I... you're not keeling over on my watch"

Her voice was strained and not as soft as she had intended it to be as she retrieved a piece of cloth from her backpack, She moved closer to Dalek and placing the cloth against Dalek's wound before wrapping the belt around Dalek's torso and tightening it over the cloth to keep pressure on the wound.

-"Can you walk?"

Kiri de Kismet

He hated making Sajira worry. (He said this, but he knew he had made Sajira worry by leaving— and remembering this made him grit his teeth in shame.) A part of him wanted to turn away, to tell Sajira that they should meet when he wasn't a faucet, dripping blood like a squeaky pipe. But the sight of his battered state— and her smooth hands pressed against his wound— must've filled her with determination.

Swiftly, she patched it up with a bit of cloth and a belt stolen from a nearby dead drow. Out of pride, he almost recoiled at the thought of using something a drow had touched— but he decided against it, and kept his mouth shut. If not for Sajira, maybe his pride would've left him out in this meadow, his lifeblood slowly slipping out of him.

"Thank you," he murmured, with a small smile. He patted her handiwork— and couldn't help but remember the first time they'd met; how he'd made her a makeshift top out of nearby leaves, to stop himself from blushing at the sight of her. They were very handy, these two, always putting themselves together. "I can walk, yes. It's much easier now that this monster's been patched up."

It was true— now standing upright was less painful, less disorienting. But what still had his mind racing was the fact that Sajira, after all this time, was in front of him once more. "Sajira... I'm sorry for leaving you, so long ago. I came to end the drow— but... I should've told you. I shouldn't have left like I did." He bit his lip, frowning. He wanted nothing more but to embrace her— but knew he was not worthy.

Scythe-Nova

-"..."

Sajira looked at Dalek with a strange look upon her face as she listened to him, Now that Dalek was within arms reach once more Sajira felt another emotion surging within her and small droplets formed in the corner of her eyes. She breathed out and looked at him with an angry stare and steeled herself before speaking up again.

-"Dalek! Grit your teeth!"

She said with a stern but choked up voice before clenching her fist and swinging her fist at Dalek's jaw, the punch was backed by her mass and muscle but she held back a little bit out of worry for Dalek's already wounded state. She looked down on Dalek her whole body trembling of both anger and relief, tears already streaming down her face.

-"Damn right you're Sorry! Do you have any idea how Worried i was?! I-i..."

Her voice cracked as she lost the strength in her coils and "sat" down on the ground covering her face with her hands and crying loudly and very undignified, She looked so vulnerable so delicate where she sat her shoulders trembling and her breath ragged one could almost think that she was the one who was wounded.

Kiri de Kismet

"Dalek! Grit your teeth!"

Instantly, Dalek looked up at Sajira, only to see hellfire and rage painted in her face. He'd never seen her brimming with such anger; it was almost scary, to the point where wanted to take a few steps back, unsure of what was coming next. Was she going to scream? Was she going to yell? Was she going to— oh, and he knew what was coming. He watched her hand ball up into a fist and speed towards his face: vengeance, for all the time past.

So Dalek grit his teeth.

Sajira's power had always been the trait he'd admired most about her— and he was struck dumb with all the might and terror behind that fearful blow. He was knocked backward by its force, and a gasp escaped his throat as he took her punch head on. Dalek hadn't flinched or turned away from it; this was his punishment, he knew, for worrying the only person in this world who'd truly cared for him.

He held a hand to his face, as if that would help the sting and the eventual bruise that was to come— and was ready to apologize again, but stopped himself, after seeing Sajira's face. Her worry, his stress, her trauma— he'd been to blame for all of it. As she coiled into a ball, Dalek felt the weight of his actions crash down on him now. What had he been thinking— to leave without a word?

"Sajira..." he murmured, reaching out towards her. She was forever taller than him— but that had never intimidated him before. He reached out, and took her in his arms, hugging her close. "I was terrible, I know. I didn't mean to be gone for so long. I..." But he knew excuses would not soothe her here. "I won't leave you again. I promise." He pulled away from the hug, and brushed away a teardrop with his thumb, smiling softly. "Don't cry. I hate seeing you cry. I'm right here, Sajira. I'm not going away again."

He wanted to kiss her, but he held back. It was an odd feeling— to want to kiss someone who just punched you— so he held back, if only because he felt he was not worthy, after leaving her alone for so long. So instead, he asked what he had asked her when they first met. "Do you have camp set up anywhere? Or found a fresh supply of water?" He said the words softly, as if it were a ritual, words meant to unite them again.

Scythe-Nova

When Dalek embraced her she could not help herself from clinging onto him like he was life saving driftwood out on the open sea, After some time her shivering calmed down and her tears slowed to a trickle. It truly felt good for her body to cry out like this she realized just how much stress that had built up in her body, She listened to Dalek with shaky breath as she tried to calm down.

-"..."

"Do you have camp set up anywhere? Or found a fresh supply of water?" Just those words made Sajira truly realize how much she had missed him, her tears renewed but much more calmly and a smile actually crept upon her face as she moved her head and placed her forehead against Daleks own.

-".. Yeah this time i have a camp set up..."

Her voice was a bit hoarse but calm showing that she had calmed down significantly, her hand rested upon Dalek's chest as if to reafirm that Dalek truly was there. she opened her eyes and looked upon Dalek much calmer than just some moments ago, Her eyes were a bit red from all the crying.