Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

For The Gold

Started by Sheshia, May 29, 2017, 06:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshia

Skyirin sat in a tavern waiting. He had the map in hand and a few other things that would be nessecary for the groups survival. Including his clowed gloves that were just the best at this type of thing for the most part.

He had recently set out a few fliers in a few of the major cities around the continent. They were pointing towards here in this tavern if the person read it correctly. He felt bad for havjng to set the meeting place here but it was the closest to the thing that they would be going after. A treasure in a cave with vast amounts of materials.

The traveling from farther up north would prove a challenge also, which he did not mind. He did not mind that very much, if the person could not bring themselves to come them they should not even try just because of a little heat did not mean that they could die. They would die if they went on the journey ill prepared though.

So Shyirin sat there and waited reveiwing the plan in his mind and on the mini map with a pencil while drinking some ale and eating some bread and other foods while gently tapping his foot. This was also a test to see if the volunteers would like to join the guild he was planning. But a guild needed members and what more of a perfect way to get emmeber then a adventure!? If he liked them and they were happy then he would ask them to join, if he was dissatisfied with thenway a few had acted he would no invite those. This whole thing was a little test one could say.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The tavern door creaked open, and not one, but two heads peaked in. One was a blonde, scruffy looking fella, the other was a grew canine with it's tongue out of it's mouth.

The man opened the door and entered along with his canine companion. taking a look around the room, he spotted a man with quite a lot of things on his table.

This man looked down at his dog, who looked up, wagging his tail and clearly seemed please. The same man then raised his arm to his chin, as if he was thinking o somthing.

He reached to his belt and grabbed a rolled up piece of paper. Unrolling the paper, he took a minute to read it, before he looked up at the man again. He then walked up to Skyirin,with his dog in tow.

His dog was the first to reach the table, taking his time to sniff this stranger, before taking a step back and wagged his tail, pleased with his little investigation.

Meanwhile. the bearded man walked up with the paper in one hand. "Hello, um, is this where the, uh, this treasure hunt is." the man said, showing Skyirin the contents of the paper he held in his hand.

Whim

So far Essryn was miserable. Kai wanted to conserve his cloak's magic, so chose to travel with a caravan... as a jackass. The two-week journey was hot and dusty. Still, the promise of treasure was enough to entice him. Remaining human was expensive  business, and most Serenians were suspicious of his curse, and most importantly he didn't want anyone to know.

The jackass lingered inconspicuously outside of the watering hole all afternoon. Best to avoid disturbing the superstitious locals with talking animals. An afternoon in Essryn made for good people watching all the same. Bejewled merchants snuck passionate kisses with veiled slaves, and packs of ratty urchins snuck scorpions into guardsmans' hoods.

When night fell Kai trotted into an alley behind the bar and uttered the command word. In a matter of seconds his bones crunched and reshaped, fur falling out in clumps while a tunic, britches, and cloak rematerialized. God's it was good to have hands again. The boy stretched his legs, flexed his fingers, and shook the dust from his mop of hair.

The tavern, Zakhara's, was like nothing in Serendipity. The tables were partitioned by colorful silks, most of which carried years of hookah smoke. The boy looked around - eyes fixing on the dog and pair of northerners - must be them.

"One of you is Shyirin, I suppose?" he flashed a friendly smile. "I'm Kai Wilding. I know my way 'round arcane trinkets and charms well enough. I'm to understand you're looking for explorers who do?"
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Sheshia

He looks at the older man and his dog and then at the flier, "Yes sir." He motions to a chair at the opposite side of the table, "Have a seat. Do you need anything sir?" He asked the man. He would get something for the dog as well of course.

Then came the young boy. He smelt a bit weird to him but thay didn't bug him much. What sort of bugged him was his age. He did not want to get a young boy in danger nor did he want to keep an eye out on him if there was danger. Oh well the kid would get hurt he would get hurt,  "Nice to meet you Kai. Im Shyirin. And yes I am looking for explorers." He waves his hand then reverts his attention to the older man and his dog, "Forgive me sir but I negetled to ask your names." He tell the older man with a smile.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Gustav Wulff." said the man as he took a seat, he seemed a bit tired from the traveling, but it might of been somthing else. "And this is my partner Ace."

As Gustav sat down he indicated to his canine companion, who was moving for the new comer, giving him a good sniff.

"Don't worry about him." He said to Kai. "He bites, but only at the bad people."

The dog stopped sniffing, turning his head sideways in confusion.

"What is it boy?" said Gustav to Ace, who only looked back at Gustav, then back at Kai. Ace seemed really intreasted in the boy right around now.

KingTyrant

Suddenly, the door of the tavern was flung open, the first figure to be seen being that of Neyan, her back turned to Shyrin and the other two as she seemed to be speaking to someone just out of view. However, as both walked into the light, the second figure could be seen a bit better. He practically dwarfed her, dressed from the neck down in beaten-up armor, which was coated in wolf designs. A kite shield on his left arm, a sword resting on his hip, he had his eyes trained on Shyrin, his expression displaying annoyance.

"A-And there will be treasure, and adventure! You like adventure, r-right? Sir?" She whimpered slightly, the man getting fairly annoyed as he grabbed her by her robe and shoved her to one side. She fell against a table, but other than that, she didn't seem to be hurt. As he neared closer to Shyrin's table, his gaze didn't shift away from him for a moment. His bright, glowing yellow eyes could be seen through the black locks that hung down in his face, his hands roughly slamming down as he leaned in to speak.

"Saw your flier back in Adela. Needed meat shields so you could go glory-seeking?" He seemed to snarl, eyes narrowing at him. "What I found really interesting, is that you're looking specifically for freaks and losers. I guess average Joe's are too boring, huh?" Although his words sounded malicious and angry, they were most likely just idle mocking of Shyrin's entire operation. He stood up straight, crossing his arms. "Everybody has to be an adventurer... But I'll play along. You want a freak? You won't find a bigger freak than me. What tomb are we going to go break into, anyways?"

At this point, Neyan just stood up slowly, rubbing an arm and looking at Shyrin nervously. "Sorry, Shyirin... I tried to keep him out... He seemed really mad." The man just glanced back at her. "You trying to be a bouncer didn't help, lady!" He growled. She whimpered, flinching at his tone. One could easily tell that this guy was naturally hot-headed... Neyan couldn't really deal with people so ill-tempered. From the way she acted towards him, it was quite obvious.

Whim

"Pleasure to meet you Gustav," Kai tried to pet the over-curious dog to keep him still. Shit, well, he probably did smell like a jackass and was confusing it horribly. Not very flattering but at least it wasn't snarling! "...and Ace. Handsome dog you've got here. Awfully inquisitive. So do either of you know much about spelunking? Or old Essryni tombs?

As the young man seated himself, a hulking brute stormed into the tavern. The flighty girl at his heels sure was a mystery. Why would she follow an oaf like that? Protection? And freaks?! That was just rude. "Well you don't seem so out of the ordinary. What makes you so freakish? Not that any old fellow in plate wouldn't be welcome."

Kai suddenly thought better of his reminder the man was a disposable foot-slogger. It was Shyirin's show for one. And the man seemed unstable enough to be a liability...

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

Sheshia

"Lets just say Kai. I have my ways with things and I have done a fair but of adventuring when I can." He tells the boy as a waitress walks over with a few mugs of drink and sets it don on the table and Shyirin pays her, "Thank you ma'am." She smiles and goes back to her work, "Soeey if this isn't alcoholic but I rather be sober with all this work on this table." He laughs apologetically.

But it is rudely interrupted when Neyan walks in trying to talk to a man taller then them both, and judging by his pose he was not the kind to hold still nor stay calm for long. "Sir?" Was the last thing out of Neyans mouth before she was grabbed and shoved towards a table. This man him pretty angry but he had nomtime to go and help Neyan as the lumbering man was as the table asking questions and being quite rude and nasty. Hell. Shyirin though and he gritted his teeth. This was going to be a fuuun ride. "Its okay Neyan. You tried your best and I thank you for it." He tells his friend. He was going to have to give the poor girl a hug later on particularly after this brut scaring her like he just did.

"Sir, now I meant nothing wrong by those fliers. Not in the very least, anyone can -" He pauses. This guy had yellow eyes and a scent, almost like his then whispers so only the newcomer can here, "Trust me sir. We both Are of the same pack here if you catch my drift." He looks at the newcomer in the eyes while motioning towards his, calmly now speaking normally, "We are better off friends then enemies right off the bat. As of for the tomb we are going to a ancient cave here in Essyrn. It has lots of valuables and to even the score of everyone you can take a portion of it, each of you including Ace if he wants any." He motions towards Ace, "The only catch is simple, there is a few creatures in there and a lets say, Boss, guarding the cave and the treasure. I cant handle this boss by myself which is why you all are here. Of course the amount of treasure in not known but I know it's there. So all of it would be split evenly if there is some left over then it'll be given away to something like a charity or something like that."

If this man made a simple little gesture against there group and their plans then he was gonna get into a bit of trouble, possibly kicked out. If he wasnt as rude and mean as he was then he may have a chance. He gave Neyan a look that basically stated that she was going to be okay and he would need to talk to her later to make sure of something. It was more the mans attitude that was grinding his gears and the way he treated others. Either way this was going to be a fine adventure.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Ace's attention turned from Kai to the new stranger, who seemed to him hostile. He began to growling, could be comparable to those of massive direwolves, as he bared his teeth at the new comer.

"Easy boy." Gustav said as he sat forward, reaching his hand out to Ace's head before bring it over to where he was sitting.

"Apologize, Ace can get a bit...jumpy." Gustav began to rub Ace in the ear to get him to calm down a bit. Turning his head to Kai, he said. "Unfortunately not, I have no experience any expeditions into any tombs. I was a gamadarmie with o'l Ace here, it was our previous profession, but that didn't exactly end to well for us..."

Ace was begging to calm down, no longer barring his razor sharp teeth, but he was still growling and staring at the new comer.

Gustav on the other hand returned his focus onto Ace, he remained quiet, listening to how this would play out.

KingTyrant

He narrowed his eyes at Kai's words, fists clenched slightly as he looked over with his burning, yellow gaze. "Oh... I could explain. But I wouldn't want you to wet yourself. People have a tendency to do that when met with guys like me. Well... At least when we get really, really angry." He murmured, a mocking tone to his voice. Still, it was laced with threat, regardless.

The man looked down at Gustav's dog, just merely smirking at him.  He seemed far more friendly towards dogs and other canines than human beings... Probably a perk of being, as Shyirin pointed out, 'of the same pack.' Looking back at Shyirin as he explained what was to happen with the group, he simply nodded. "So... You need help rummaging through a dirty tomb, looking for gold and gems, at the cost of being met with whatever's inside guarding the stuff?"

He scoffed, shaking his head slowly. "Story of my life... In whatever case, as long as I get paid in full, I'm in." He murmured. "You could say helping people with their dirty work is pretty much my main profession. I'm a bit of a mercenary. Or sellsword. Whatever term is to your liking." There was no telling what made him change his mind... Perhaps all he really needed was knowing that he and Shyirin were in similar company, in the sense that both of them bore the same curse.

He unsheathed his sword at this point, examining the blade. It was a gorgeous sword... The hilt was decorated like a pair of dragon wings, and the steel shone brilliantly under the lights of the tavern. "I don't mean to toot my own horn... But I'm pretty good with a sword and shield. You'll find yourself well-protected as long as you're behind me." He made his claim, sheathing it. "So... How about it? Think you could use my... Skills?"

Neyan, far off behind him, shook her head at Shyirin, her eyes a bit wide. She was definitely adamant that this man could not be a member of their little party. Still, he talked a big game. And he looked like he had the muscle to prove it. But his attitude... That would be the biggest issue.

Whim

Kai let out a long sigh, and made little effort to hide his petulant eye-roll at Leon's speech. Probably best not to pick a fight. The brute probably didn't have half the magical toys Kai did! ...though he was big. "The usual thing would be to introduce yourself," the youth gave Neyan a smile, "Yourselves I should say.

The squire listened intently to Shyirin's story. Teetotalers were never to be trusted. Either they used to be old drunks or were all moralizing. Essryn was so hot, though, the cool water welcome. "Creatures and a boss. I suppose this means you don't know exactly what sorts of monsters are lairing in the tomb? Or anything about who it was built for? I'd suppose we could use it to figure out what sorts of magic or traps might've been built around that era.

"Already been cursed once for setting foot in a tomb. Hate for it to happen a second time," he gave a sheepish grin.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Sheshia

"There are no curses Kai. I know that since I have done a shit ton of research on this place." Shyirin points at the booms, the smaller one the size of a small notebook, "Everything of dead importance from the structure, possible creatures you name it, read it through if you want any of you can. Along with the other books and the map. All detailed to the max from what I could find."

He looked as the other werewolf, "I'd be happy to let you join sir. Just as I said all of us would get an even amount so you'll be getting paid as well so do not worry about it you'll get paid." He was dead serious, "I will personally see to it and split it evenly in front of all of you no matter how long it'll take to count the coin and all that."

So far Gustav ans his dog were quiet, probably listening to the conversation. He didn't want to drag them into much so he decided to let them speak up if they wanted. Neyan on the other hand still looked like she didn't agree with the other werewolf being a part of the crew judging by her still wide eyes. A waitress walkes over to him a whispered something in his ear about something.

He stood up looking at the others, "Excuse me for a second I have to cheek on something very fast." He apologized using the checking on something as a half excuse, he had to check on the supplies he had set to be put in storage for the night and Neyan. Shyirin stood up and walked away motioning to Neyan, this was a rare occasion to meet someone like him and they might need all the help they can get. But he just needed to let this off his chest he was a bit excited about the fact that another werewolf was there.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"There be any trouble, Ace can sniff it out before we even set foot on it." said Gustav, Ace now resting his head on Gustav's lap. "Traps, magic or not, he'll be able to tell with a scent...and if anything were to jump us, the both of us would be ready for anything."

KingTyrant

"Oh, oh, I'm-" Neyan was interrupted as Shyirin gestured for her to follow him. Pouting slightly, she waved bye to everyone. "I'll be right back, everybody!" With that, she went after her friend. The man watched her with a raised brow, scoffing and shaking his head once they both were gone. "That chick acts like a little girl... And she's second in command to the ringleader of this freak show?" He chuckled at this.

He looked towards the bar, suddenly craving an ale. "If anyone needs me, I'll be at the bar. Let me know when he's done doing... Whatever." He began walking, stopping and looking towards Kai. "Oh yeah... You wanted my name for some reason, right? It's Leon. Leon Woods." Once he had given a name, he decided that was enough and continued on to take a seat at the bar.

Neyan, sticking close to Shyirin's side, frowned over at him. "You saw it too, didn't you? The eyes?" She hated the idea of the temperamental werewolf being on board, but she had a feeling that her friend would have a much different reaction to all of this. It was to be expected, of course... Shyirin most likely rarely found men like himself, but even with the man being a werewolf, that didn't make him any more trustworthy.

She didn't want to argue with him... She'd most likely lose. But... She knew how she felt. "Shyirin... I know you're excited, but he scares me... And what if he's like you? What if he can't control it? If he goes nuts, and transforms... We can't fight that! He's big, and muscle-y!" She tried defending her point, her voice peeking above a whisper slightly. She winced, quickly fixing that. "I'm just nervous, y'know...?"

Whim

"Oh, I don't know. I thought knowing a name might be useful for... you know... communicating," Kai replied dryly, watching the armored man wander toward the bar.

"I don't think he'd like me calling out 'Hey asshole!' when a giant spider's creeping up," the youth murmured, flashed a grin at Gustav. "Is Ace one of those... mage-sniffing dogs? I'm a bit curious what'd lure someone like you all the way down here from Connlaoth." Of course Serendipity was nearly just as far. Shyirin was interested in recruiting misfits for whatever reason, but Kai wasn't too keen on asking the houndmaster just what variety of miscreant or malcontent he was.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Aye, uh, Ace here is a bit more then just a simple hound." Gustav said, glancing down at Ace as the dog rested it's chin on Gustav. "Yes, he can sniff magic, but...in return he is a bit magical himself. As you can probably imagine, my people don't exactly appreciate magic...even if it serves to help them." Gustav muttered the last part, but his expression beared more of that of sadness then any sort of resentment.

Sheshia

(Ooc: Do i see some foreshadowing King?! It'll be interesting if Leon and Shy do get into a wolf fight though :)

"I know Neyan. I saw his eyes." Shyirin says trying to stay calm, he was a bit with Neyan with regarding his way of barging in and well being a huge ass basically but he had his uses. Shyirin could tell.

"I really hate to lie and say that I am not exicted, which I am excited, but I see a bit of a change in him when I mentioned we were part of the same "pack". He points at his eyes very quickly, "I do not know why but he just changed into a more relaxed person like on a turn of a dime."

"I know your nervous Neyan to be honest I am as well but he would probably be more relaxed know that the elephant in the room has been addressed to him. Though I will keep an eye on him if that helps, and if it comes to it I'll have a word with him."

He sighs, "A lot of us get temperamental because of being hunted by hunters for being monsters," Shyirin adds a bit if a angry emphasis on 'monster', "The stress of the shifts and not knowing what is going on could be a factor also. My friend went mental after she shifted whenever we were bitten." Shyirin laughs and pats his back, "More like mauled I should say. I guess I'm a lucky one. Just think of the temperament as a side effect."

He pauses thinking of the other things Neyan mentioned while looking around, "There won't be a we if he does go nuts and shifts whenever I want you guys to run like hell. I'll find a way to shift if I have to no matter how much I hate it and give you guys a nice distance between us. I made sure that there is wolf's bane packed in my pack and with silver."

Shyirin stops to think looking seriously at Neyan, "I definetly know you know what that's for. Use it if you have to on either one of us, I much rather get posioned for a few days then have any of you get bitten and suffer as well."

He looks at the table where the old man, his dog and Kai were, "Everything would be fine. I have faith in that Neyan, everything would turn out just fine." His eyes glowed a bit with happiness and confidence whixh fafes, "Sorry i couldn't help you when he pushed you and came barging in."

Whim

"Sums up Connlaoth nicely. Its like avoiding stoves because of house fires," Kai flashed a smile, toying idly with one of his bracers. The youth's arm shifted back and forth from slate to flesh.

"You left over the dog though? That's a lot to leave behind." a look of confusion crossed his face. Dogs weren't much different from livestock when you considered it; both are bred to serve. Ace looked like a nice dog and all.... but to leave home over one seemed strange. Then again a magical dog no doubt belonged to a magical man. That or the dog wasn't really a dog. "Or do you have some, uh, talent yourself?"

Kai's gaze flickered briefly to Shyirin and Neyan. He was getting antsy to be off... before he changed. And just what were those two talking about anyway?

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"None abilities I would know of." Gustav said while shaking his head. "Not that I would really need it, Ace here makes up for most of that magic."

Gustav kept his eyes on Ace, rubbing him behind the ear as he did.  "Ace here has been around since I was a kid. Hell, he was really the one who won me that job as a constable to begin with, had my back every step of the way too...loyalty like that is hard to come by, be wrong really to betray loyalty like that."

KingTyrant

OOC: It's a definite possibility. :)

Neyan, still frowning, nodded doubtfully at everything Shyirin told her regarding this Leon fellow... Perhaps he was right... Maybe he would be more loyal, now that he knew there was more than one werewolf in this little task force. Still, they barely knew anything about him, save for the fact that he was an Adelan mercenary. From what she knew of Adelans, they were tough and loyal. Hell, they ride dragons, for gods' sake! Still... There was always a bad apple...

She looked between Leon and Shyirin for awhile, sighing softly before giving a final, determined nod. She'd trust her friend... She had no reason not to, after all he did for her in the blizzard, that one fateful day in northern Serendipity. "Alright... I hear you. Maybe he is useful, maybe he is more trustworthy, now that he knows what you are. Maybe I'm worrying too much." She smiled at him, now confident in their little quest.

However, her expression quickly shifted at Shyirin's plan for if and when this guy shifted... He was planning on mauling this guy in his own wolf form? She felt she needed to reiterate her point about how big and tough this guy was in comparison to Shyirin, but he was still in the middle of explaining his plan. She was a bit relieved that he had the necessary materials for if such an event occurred, but she had to admit, she'd much rather jab Leon with silver and wolf's bane, than her best friend.

Shyirin seemed set in his idea, though, and she wasn't going to take that away from him. Swallowing hard, she bit her lip without response. "Well... I guess that's that, then. Let's get back to them... I bet they're already suspicious..." She said worriedly, glancing at Kai's curious expression that he gave whilst peeking at the two. She straightened her posture, walking back with a big, albeit forced smile. "Well, ready to go, guys? C'mon! We're burning daylight!" She clapped slightly.

Leon looked back as she made her voice well known, downing his tankard of whatever alcohol was inside before standing, walking back over to them all with crossed arms. "We finally done screwing around? My sword arm's aching for some action. Haven't seen any since I left the Thunderblacks." He mentioned. Neyan gulped as he came closer to them all, taking an instinctual step back. He merely narrowed his eyes. "I guess I shouldn't expect you to play doctor with me, if the time comes?" He somewhat joked, seeing her nervousness.

Tags: