Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

~`Peach Child`~

Started by Anonymous, August 07, 2006, 02:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Clover groaned as soon as he held her, her body exploading with pain and causing her to start to wake even before he laid her down. With her cloak more open, the stain of blood at the side of her mouth was visable, as was the fact her entire mouth was coated with the stuff as it hung open slightly.

The taste of medicine mixed heavily with the old blood in her throat, and she sputtered and coughed, the water coming back up a full crimson.
She was not well.
Finally, her eyes fluttered open out of sheer discomfort and pain.
A soft whimper was all that got past her throat, and she found she could hardly move any one part of her body. They were like leaden weights.

It was scary, laying there, hurting from deep within, and unable to speak or move.
Her eyes widened in her face as panic started to creep up on her, her fingers flexing slowly as she struggled desperately to move.
She didn't know this was what was going to happen!!

Anonymous

Duweit came to her quickly, “Clover! What’s wrong!?!� A chill went through his body. Why wasn’t she responding!?! She wasn’t…no, he could hear her breathing, but why wouldn’t she speak? He called her name a few more times before Chu pulled on his hair. “What is it Chu!?�

“She’s awake already, just do something!� Tears were coming to the little mouse’s eyes.

“…That’s just it…I don’t know what’s wrong, so I don’t know what to do…I’m sorry Clover…� Forgetting she didn’t seem to like contact, Duweit held her hand gently. A deep sadness and shame was on his face, “I’m sorry.�

Anonymous

Pins and needles shot through her hand as Duweit held it, but it was nothing compared to the pain in her torso. She couldn't seem to force her fingers to wrap around his, even though she wanted to.
Her breathing was labored, and she still couldn't force any words out, tears beginning to gather at the corners of her eyes with fear.
She felt trapped in her own, pain-laced body.

Finally, a gurgling noise rose from her, and she turned her head in time to start coughing harshly, blood emptying from her lungs in a fresh flow that left her gasping, her eyes stinging with tears.
It was as if a weight had been lifted off of her body all at once, and she curled up, shivering, around Duweit's hand.
Her body screamed in pain, and it was so bad, it took her breath away. All she could do was tremble, and cry silently.

She didn't know it would be that bad....

Anonymous

Duweit was unaware that his holding her hand was actually causing her pain, it was impossible to differentiate it from the rest. All he understood was that he couldn’t help her, and it frustrated him to no end. Chu couldn’t even look anymore, he curled up and cried silently, little body trembling.

He looked up as he heard another coughing fit, clenching his teeth. Chu curled up tighter, ears flattening against his head in an effort not to hear her suffering. But then Duweit felt Clover move. It was strange but he couldn’t be more relived. She didn’t speak, but at least she could move, it gave him a little hope. He came a bit closer, his other hand rubbing her shoulder softly, trying to comfort her. He hoped what ever this was it would be over soon, and wouldn’t get worse.

Anonymous

The rubbing of her shoulder was a ripple of pain, but she did not have the heart to try and tell him to stop, or move away from the hurt.
After a few long moments, small sounds started to escape her blood-stained throat, and her crying took on its characteristic noises.

She sobbed softly, still delicate even in her excruciating pain.

But she could feel it, slowly, receeding. Every notch down in her pain came as a flood of relief, bringing her closer and closer to being comfortable once again. As the pain withdrew back into her torso, it left a tingling, buzzing trail along her flesh, as though something great and potent had been removed.

She could never have guessed that her decision would bring her to so much pain. She was almost positive it wouldn't kill her, but after that....maybe it would.
She cringed softly at the thought, and quickly pushed it away. She couldn't get cold feet now. She had to push on, she had to get away from her homeland.
Then maybe she could pass on her burden when her soft body could no longer take the pain.

Still sobbing, and finally without so much pain, Clover tried to curl as close to Duweit as she possibly could. Her face was streaked with tears, which at first had mingled with the dust on her cheeks to form mud, but it had long since washed that away. Her tears, as she was not human, had a faint aroma to them, light and sweet.
She was sure she had never cried so much in her whole life...

Anonymous

While the moments of silence were terrible for him, Duweit didn’t dare press Clover to speak, he didn’t want her to strain herself. Duweit frowned as the sounds of soft sobbing came to his ears. He knew it was probably because of the pain, and it caused a bit of anger that he couldn’t do anything about it. He continued to rub her shoulder softly, not being able to tell it was actually hurting Clover.

Then Duweit felt her move closer. He hesitated. His first instinct was to cradle her in his arms and hold her close. But he didn’t know if moving her would be wise, and doing that would be very forward. He was still unsure of touching her too much from what happened this morning. Instead he lay next to her, not minding the blood at all. Still holding her hand the other moved from her shoulder to her back, rubbing softly.

Without any warning Chu ended up bumping into Duweit’s neck before tumbling into the sand. The little mouse shook for a moment, trying to get some sand out of his fur. Then he crawled up Duweit’s back, returning to his shoulder. He looked around before putting his gaze on Clover, he would have started crying again if he had any tears left. Chu just sat, waiting, checking around every once and a while but keeping most of his attention on the two.

Strange…where was that coming from? Duweit began to pinpoint the new smell among the other scents. Her face? …her tears… He sighed and scooted closer to her, thinking it better to move himself instead of possibly causing Clover more pain.

Anonymous

Whether it hurt or not, Clover was all to thankful for the comforting presence. Whenever she had been in pain before, or had been scared, there had always been someone from the temple to hold and sooth her.
Duweit wasn't one of them, but just the fact he was comforting her at all calmed her nerves emmensly.

She watched him lay next to her and sniffled, staring next at the crimson spot on the sand where her blood had fallen.
The heavy taste of it was still in her throat, and she wished she could wash it down with something. The pain was still receeding, leaving a dull, persistant throbbing in her chest.
But she was still terrified. Terrified of what her fate might be...

The small girl stiffly moved herself, her joints aching with every movement, over the patch of blood and into Duweit's chest. And there she clung to him, trying to stop the shivering in her body.
The tremors of pain had been replaced with those of fear. She had just gotten a taste of death, and it had made her blood run cold.
She never wanted to suffer through that again!

Even with the fatigue washing over her, forcing her eyes shut, she couldn't stop trembling...

Anonymous

Duweit tensed when he heard her shifting, not sure what may come of it. The mouse on his shoulder watched as Clover edged over to them. A small mousy grin came to Chu’s face as he realized what she was doing, he hoped it meant the worst was over. Once she nestled against him Duweit got the idea. He let out a great sigh and a small smiled came to his face. He wrapped his arms around her, gently holding her close and still stroking her back in a comforting manner.

Chu watched the cute scene for a moment before falling asleep on Duweit’s shoulder. Recent events exhausting the mouse. Duweit on the other hand did not sleep, he still had to keep guard over her. He waited a few hours after the sun had risen before wiggling his shoulder a little to wake Chu. The white mouse yawned and sat up, rubbing his eyes. “Mornin…she alright?�

“Well…she’s still alive,� he didn’t dare try to shake her. Instead he opted to whisper and stroke her cheek lightly. “Clover? Wake up please.�

Anonymous

Clover had fallen asleep just as Duweit slowly rubbed up and down her back. It was close enough to home, she supposed...
And she was far to worried about everything else to even blush about the fact she was cuddling a man she hardly knew.
Or, well, just the fact she was cuddling a man at all really.

The next morning, and Clover's body was incredibly stiff and sore. All of her joints ached something fierce, and her muscles felt hard and reluctant to move at all. She groaned as Duweit woke her, and then gagged on the blood taste in her mouth and throat.
"Gak...Duweit...water..." She choked out, recoiling at the overwhelming taste. That was so gross!
She didn't even have time to register she was in Duweit's arms. She could only think of getting that nasty, nasty taste out of her mouth.

And she made the cutest 'ewwww' face ever, just so you know.

Anonymous

They were a little worried at first but Clover’s plead for water got a couple of very relieved smiles. Chu giggled at the cute face Clover was making, most of his worries gone now. “Mornin Clover!�

Duweit just nodded and pulled away to sit up. He pulled his backpack to the side and took out the flask. Duweit held it to her, a slight worry still lingered on his face, “Here. Do you need any help?� He wanted to ask Clover about yesterday, and what she had meant by it being her burden to bear, but now was not the time. He would wait at least a few more days before venturing to ask that question again. Especially with what happened last night.

Anonymous

Clover heaved herself into a sitting position after Duweit left her side for the water, grimacing as her body resisted.
She was sore, achy, and dirty.
And in a surprisingly good mood.

She refused to answer either of them until she had washed her mouth out with one swig of the water, spitting that out, and then drinking a few mouthfulls to get the blood out of her throat as well.
Icky icky icky!

Finally, once done, she sighed, and smiled weakly at Chu. "Goodmorning."
Well, it was good because she was alive anyway.
"I'm ok now, I think..." Her slender body hunched a bit and she looked toward the earth.
"Sorry to make you both worry so badly...I should have been more responsible for my conidition..."
Meaning she shouldn't have pushed it so far! She had nearly died, she was sure of it!
"I'm sorry."

Anonymous

Duweit felt the flask leave his hand and sat cross-legged, placing his hand on his knees. He puzzled for a moment at the sounds before figuring out she was rinsing her mouth of the blood. Duweit couldn’t help but smile gratefully at hearing her soft voice again. Chu smiled too, happy she seemed to be much better than before. “It’s no big deal!�

Duweit looked to Chu for a moment before facing Clover. “Well Chu is mostly right. I am glad you are well now, but� he sighed and crossed his arms as well. His face was a little grim, but he also looked genuinely concerned. “You are right, please tell me next time if you are in pain. It’s not good to push yourself to hard. I…couldn’t stand it if this happened again…�

Chu looked between the two for a moment, then settled on Duweit. He made a sneaky grin, knowing the man couldn’t see it. Oh Duweit was always nice, but the mouse was positive he had never heard the man so concerned before. Usually he sounded more serious and had a business like tone about his voice when ‘lecturing’ the client about such things.

Anonymous

Clover closed the flask and nudged it back into Duweit's hand once she had finished, and smiled lightly at Chu's reassurances.
That smile dropped as she was chastized, and she bowed her head.
"I know, I'm sorry. Next time I'll tell you, I promise! I did not mean to be such a burden to you..."
She really was genuinely sorry. She wouldn't be making that mistake again any time soon...

With her head down, she missed Chu's smile, and not knowing Duweit well enough, she did not pick up on what Chu could.
She finally lifted her head, and sought to change the topic.
"So how long until we reach your friend's camp?"
Maybe with some quick and interspersed gallops they could get there by that night...
She really didn't want to be on the beast any longer than she had to.
Riding seemed to make her condition much, much worse.

Anonymous

Duweit smiled and nodded, “good. And don’t call yourself a burden, I’m here to take care of you aren’t I?� He gave her a confident grin as he was done bothering her about it.

Then he tilted his head at Clovers question, getting that funny thinking face of his again. “At this rate…I’d say two more days. It might be a good idea to stop and walk every once and a while, it seems riding too long is a bad idea.�

Chu hopped a couple times on his shoulder, “Oh, oh! Can I ride in da saddle when you do that!?! Pretty please?�

Duweit chuckled, “as long as it’s alright with Clover and you still keep track of the compass.�

The mouse now looked to Clover with cute pleading eyes, “Prwetty Pwease?� Duweit grinned again, being the only one impervious to that look. Chu took advantage of his cuteness it seemed.

Anonymous

Clover blushed alittle at Duweit's words. He was there to take care of her...?
She had hired him to be a bodyguard, someone to protect her when there was danger. But it seemed sweet Duweit added some caretaker jobs into his work as well.
"Um, yes, alright..."
She agreed, to both of what he said.

Bah, two more days?? "U-um, are you sure...? My mount can go faster than what it did yesterday...maybe that would cut down on the time...?"
The thought of riding for two more days, out in this desert, feeling as she did was NOT appetizing to Clover at all. It would be painful, and they were still so close to her homelands...
"Oh...right..." Walking...in the sand...in the desert...
Blah, this was just geting worse and worse...

She giggled softly at Chu, again reminded of his overwhelming cuteness. Grinning, she scooped him off of Duweit's shoulder and gently pet his soft little head.
"Alright, your cuteness wins. You can ride in the saddle."
She just hoped her mount really didn't eat mice...

Anonymous

Duweit frowned a little at the information that they could go faster then yesterday. It would be best to meet Urei as fast as they could. The problem was that going faster would probably make Clovers condition worse than the pace they went before. But she did say she would tell him if she was in pain from now on. “Well…okay, but only if you’re sure you’ll be alright.�

Duweit looked over as she touched his shoulder in picking Chu up, smirking a little. Chu giggled as she took him and he squeaked happily at being pet. He raised his front paws in the air when Clover agreed, “Yay! Come’on come’on! Lets go!�

“Chu has a point,� Duweit chuckled. He put the flask back in his backpack and then shouldered it again. “We should get going if you’re ready.�

Anonymous

Clover nodded, if not stiffly, then remembered Duweit couldn't see it.
Doi...
"Yes, I'll be fine, I'm sure."
Erg, what a lie...she was still so stiff and sore from yesterday! She was beginning to wonder if she would ever get rid of the stiffness...
Between riding and her condition, she highly doubted it!

She couldn't help but giggle at Chu, and very carefully cuddled him to her cheek. "You're so cute! Alright, let's go indeed!"
Standing wasn't so easy however, and though she stood as quickly as she could, the pain in her joints slowed her up considerably.
Owowowow...
She set Chu on her own shoulder this time around as she got ready to remount.

Small footsteps led her back to her mount, and with a daunting look at the saddle, she slowly heaved herself into it. It was like all the energy, all the strength, had been sucked right out of her. This was, of course, due to what had happened last night, and the fact she had not eaten since yesterday afternoon.
With a groan she slid back off, unable to pull herself up the last little bit.
"...I think I might need some help..." She admitted with a slight blush.

Anonymous

Chu giggled and nuzzled her cheek, hopping easily on to her shoulder after she stood. Duweit heard her shifting and stood up. The little mouse called over to Duweit, “don’t worry buddy! I’ll back ya up if any losers come ta crash da party!�

Duweit smiled, shaking his head. He reached into his pocket, took out Chu’s compass and handed it to him. “As long as you know where we’re going too.�

The little mouse took the tiny compass and saluted.

He waited as Clover tried to get up, wondering why it seemed to be taking so much effort. Duweit chuckled and came behind her, “as you wish� He took her by the waist and lifted her onto the saddle easily, placing her to ride sidesaddle as she was yesterday. He waited a little, should she change to ride normally and then leapt on behind her. Duweit got his bow ready and listened around for a moment. Then he handed her the other half of the herb leaf giving a kind smile, “just in case.�

Chu smiled at Duweit, he waited until Clovers attention was on travel again to look at the compass. “Okay,� he said excitedly and pointed the way for her. “That way Clover!�

Anonymous

Her blush only deepened a bit as Duweit did as she asked, lifting her right into the saddle. She adjusted herself in on the hard, domed surface, before sitting still as he vaulted on himself.
This was going to be very uncomfortable...
Just sitting there hurt, her rump and legs and back already having had enough of riding.
But she sucked it up.
They had places to go!

She nodded at Chu's directions, and then jerked on the reigns twice, before leading the ambling reptile in the right direction.
She jerked again, and the creature moved into a lope as before. Once more, and the lizard bellowed and started off at a breath-taking run.
It had such long legs, and a long body to match, that every stride just ate up ground.

This also meant Clover slid back into Duweit, but was concentrating too much on keeping the beast on track to be embarrassed. She was actually a very skilled rider. She had liked to practice whenever she got time back at the temple. It was just, she wasn't used to riding for such long, grueling hours.
Still, if anyone could keep this large beast in check, it was her, despite how much every landing of the creature's feet hurt deep in her chest.

On the upside, having to keep control of the reigns worked out her muscles alittle, and she felt alittle less stiff. She sand buffeted them, but her mount was not put off in the least, continuing to gallop across the dunes in great leaps.
She just hoped they could get there faster at this pace...

Anonymous

Yes this was faster than yesterday, he just hoped Clover wasn’t having too much of a problem with it. After last night he wouldn’t dare push her in any way. Duweit blinked and looked down as Clover bumped into him. His first thought was to hold her, but his second thought was to remember not to touch her. Thank goodness for not acting on impulse…

Chu waved from her shoulder, “Hello again!� Duweit chuckled and unknowingly waved back.

It was late morning the next day when a small oasis surrounded by several tents came into view. Chu squeaked, “Wohoo! Urei’s camp dead ahead! Yay!�

Duweit smiled, here they come. As they came closer two riders on horseback rode forward to meet them. Normally they would have drawn their swords and attacked, but Duweit was easily recognized and there was no sign of hostility. They eased up and rode beside them. Though they looked a bit rough, clothes torn in some places and a few scars, they seemed friendly. Duweit waved to them, “Hey Dune Fox, Solar.�

The one he called Dune Fox wore a sandy gray fox skin so that the paws tied around his neck and the head fell on his like a hood. He was small, lean, had a long face, and rode on a white horse. The one called Solar did not seem to fit his name however, he was wearing black clothes. He was slim, had blond hair and rode a yellow horse. Solar frowned, “dammit! Every time! I’m even wearing Lunar’s clothes!�

Duweit smirked, “I know, but the question is: does she?�

He twitched a little, “Aww sh-�

Dune Fox cut in, he didn’t feel it was right to curse in front of a woman. “Sharp as ever.� He looked to Clover, “new client?�

He nodded, “right. Urei knows I’m here I assume?�

Dune Fox and Solar slowed down, as they were close to the camp now. Solar answered this time, “yup, they’re already settin up a tent for you.�