Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Such Pretty Lights~(--Jweean)

Started by Anonymous, January 09, 2008, 09:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Outside the moon glowed, currently it was at about half its normal width. Still it shrank, much to the disappointment of Jweean. Any moment now he knew what would come, years of wandering through the desert with nothing to watch but the shifting sand, and the changing moon had told him something. They'd be back. Of course by they he meant the voices. As if thrilled by their names being thought about the first choing voice emerged, its willowy voice held the undertone of a crackling fire.
Dreaded moon, and look at this dreadful little city, nothing good to burn!! Not a flame in sight, what about we change that Jwee?
Jweean fought it for a moment, before realizing how odd it would be to tell someone he was arguing with his own head.

The relaxed, slightly defeated, look in his eyes was soon replaced by a pinpoint of light, a large one, that seemed to stab into his very mind. One that spoke of untold atrocities seen, and of course of its owners lunacy. These eyes were the kind that told you something was not right with the individaul.
"To cold it tis. Rather cold tonight. Yes, your right, always are."
Even through the thick cape he was wearing he still felt a chill run up and down his spine. Yet the shiver that resulted wasn't one from what he felt as cold, no it was much more from anticipation. Things to hear, and oh so much to set aflame! Of course it had been years since he had burned anything but himself. Maybe that would change tonight. Hopefully it would change soon. The voice whispered in his head. Jweean was to busy scratchign at his sand filled scalp to notice. His long clawed hands resembled those of a wolf as the moon was covered by a cloud, but shifted back to the normal delicate fingers found in his race. Except the nails were slightly longer, and seemed to have been purposelly filed to straight edged points.

Realizing that sandstorms were dangerous, an one was likely coming he ducked into a nearby tavern. Thesign above had a phonix like creature dipping its head into a foaming tankard, smoke curling away from the sign. Saddened by the lack of a fireplace, he let out a half giggle-sob. His way of moaning when he shared his mind with its other occupants. It sounded more like the sound a ghost would make, much more that then what it truly was. If anyone looked sidelong at the 'young' elf they might glimpse a deformed shadow, one that flickered like the flames that consumed Jweean's mind. Yet when one looked again they seemed to shrink and disappear, the only abnormal pieces of the elf being his long furry ears, nothing out of the ordinary. At least not on this earth, where everything was odd, and the normal was often the most odd.

Lifting his finger up in the dul lantern light he let out another round of chuckles. To his eyes it seemed his hands were covered in a flickering glow, red, orange, and yellow merged together into a flickering flame, that raced across his skin. The voices hopeful hallucinations nothing more. Nothing less.

[/blockquote]

Anonymous

Redail reclined on a booth and kept a wary eye on the crazed half-elf in the corner. The gruesome scar on his cheek kept drawing his attention. It looked odd, but he could recocnize it readily enough. Being a fire manipulator, he could point out marks and tracks from his chosen element. And this half-elf seemed to be encased in fire. Mad, the elf was. And mad he would remain. The young being decided to ignore the elf and deiced to scare the people a little bit. He touched a slim forefinger to the wood next to him, and slowly, pale flames arouse and started devouring the dry wood. He smirked, as he waited for the yelling to begin.

Anonymous

The fire , even if it was small cuased a excited giggle to emerge from Jweean's throat. Not fearing the heat of the fire he extricated himself, jerkily from his stool and walked towards the flaming bar. Upon reaching this bar he thrust his hand deep inside the raging fire, and squeezed. The fire seeming to hiss and write like a dying creature, then it went out.
"I do not wiiish to go out in a sandstorm, fool."
Outside the sand raged, and luckily for both fire maniacs most in the bar were too drunk to notice the once raging fire.

Outside the moon became covered once again, the insane gleam returning to the Moon Elf's eyes.
Jwee dear what did ya do thhhaaat for!?
not to mention they had returned as well. Of course the elf paid no attention to them, or it was the othr way around. As if it had been hiding a deep orange flame sprang from the palmm of jweean's right hand. It seeemed to smile wickedly at the manipulatior before it leaped at his arm, hungrily. It almost seemed to have a face, even if it was only a little spark of a flame. Left hand grasping the elf let out a sigh as it clasped around a thin glass, one filled with vodka. with a grin he threw it onto the fire, increasing its size by at least twofold. Now even the drunkards noticed the heat.

Anonymous

Redail looked cynically at the elf as the flames spread on the countertops. He watched as the flame seemed to gain a life of it's own, and it activly devoured the wood, and the spirits that drunks had spilled over the years. The flames grew larger due to all the fuel, and the heat grew more intense. The drunks nearest the fire finally paid enough attention to notice that they were starting to catch aflame. They started yelling in pain and terror as the fire greedily ate more and more wood, and the bar quickly emptied of sane and drunken patrons. There were only two left, and they were the two fire maniacs.

Redail looked on this with a smirk. Well, the elf had done his job for him. No one got hurt, too bad, but plenty of them got the fright of their lives. The fire manipulator took a scoop of flames in a hand dark as shadows and watched, as the flames changed from orange to pale white and blue. Ghost Flames, a very rare form of fire. No one knew it's exact properties, not even fire enthusiasts. But Redail liked to form them from time to time, and see the large difference between the cool, blue flames and the burning orange. He finally looked at Jweean. "So, you are wrapped in flames, and are not scared of the flickering tongues. You are mad, possiply even schitzophrenic, and yet you admire the fire. What are you, half-elf?"

Anonymous

Jweann removed his hand from the flames, placing it on the counter. The hand was still covered in bright orange flames, and his gloves were smoking. Even as the fire burnt through to the bone he still seemed to be happy. Fire, such a pretty thing! So enchanting. Even as the flames licked at his arm he was sitting down, the alchohol was protecting the bar from sustaining any real harm, and in a pig sty like this there was not anything that resembled clean water to douse the flames. Even he was forced to carry that accursed stuff!
Yesh it is accursed our dear Jweean.
The female voice was back again, the male's voice running in between the gaps, meaningless white noise.

"I am, Jweean--nothing more."
Sanity, sanctity?Neither even if the answer was rather brutish it was just too simple of a question not to answer. Although it did bring up some questions. What was he?Our friiieeend. the voices lied. Of course they were--oh look at that fire, it burned so wonderfully, why didn't others want this maelstorm of beauty free?Beacuse it destroys their puny little homes, and villages, stupid mortals hate thhhhaaat.this time the male was dominant, he was by far the more aggressive of the two, but the female was the one who dictated Jweean's actions. She used honey and sweets to lure the formerly pampered boy to do what she liked, of course the schizophrenic voices in your head didn't really have desires..right? Or maybe this was something else.

Anonymous

"Jweean? One must wonder how you became to not care that you are burning. I must admit, I am curious. But I sincerely doubt that you would tell me of your past." Redail leaned over and opened the chest at his feet. He reached into a pouch on the lid, and rooted around for a while, undill he found what he wanted. A blazing orange orb the size and shape of a chicken's egg. He held it over the counter, and cracked it like he was cooking. The orb split in half, and all the flames sucked into the small orb. He replaced the top, it conected seamlessly, and replaced it in his chest. "I'm Redail."

Anonymous

(WILL BE WRITTEN TOMORROW)"Jweean? One must wonder how you became to not care that you are burning. I must admit, I am curious. But I sincerely doubt that you would tell me of your past." Redail leaned over and opened the chest at his feet. He reached into a pouch on the lid, and rooted around for a while, undill he found what he wanted. A blazing orange orb the size and shape of a chicken's egg. He held it over the counter, and cracked it like he was cooking. The orb split in half, and all the flames sucked into the small orb. He replaced the top, it conected seamlessly, and replaced it in his chest. "I'm Redail."

"The pain is more then made up for in the sheer beauty of the flames, and the thought it would grace me with its heated presence."
Poetic yes? Even if it was a truly beautiful statement in itself, the reasoning behind it was just a tad less beautiful. Insanity brought on by tragedy, or something more. Of course that is for god to know, and for you to wager bets on. Jweean's eyes watched as the egg seemed to suck the flmaes into its bottomless pit of a inside.The voices let out a loud hiss, causing Jweean to clamp his hands over his fur-covered ears.
That bastard...getting rid of our kin like that..bastard. So selfish.
THis time it was the male voice, with the female coming in at the end to add the selfish part.

Redail. Interesting name. Not that it was important. WIth a surprisng amount of snarling and clawing Jweean managed to gain some smblance of control. Stopping himself from setting fire to this bastard, the controlling one.
"tat's nice."
Jweean muttered, good to keep it short and simple.

Anonymous

"What's up with you?" Redail looked curiously at the half-elf. He then looked at the flames' previous home. "Ah, I see, you wanted the flames keept on the wood. Highly interesting, you seem to be obsessed with the crimson element." Redail reached back into his chest and pulled out another one of the fire orbs. This one was compleatly filled to the brim with flames, and he twirled the sphere in his black palm. "You want this, don't you?" He tossed the orb to the elf and closed and locked his chest.