Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

On the run (M,P)

Started by Anonymous, April 02, 2009, 01:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A fist swung at him, hitting him in the face, just missing his eye and almost breaking his nose. The pain was sharp, bitter and thank the gods numbing. A anothere fist hit him in the stomach, making him double over in pain. Another persons arm added into the torrent of blows, hitting his back, but by this point the blows to his head had numbed the rest of his body. Suddenly the blows stopped and he was lying on the floor, a man with a wicked looking blade entered his arm raised ready to strike down on Nor's chest. How did I get here?

It was as he asked himself that, the man stopped the knifes decent, suddenly everyone was screaming and shouting. They all began running from the room, not even bothering to lock the door behind them. Seeing his chance he slowly stood up, the pain was unbelievable, cutting through the numbness in his body, crying out he grabbed a a chair next to him, to support his weight. Stars appeared in his eyes as got his bearings, shuffling forward with the chair dragging behind, he moved towards the open door.

The hall was covered in knocked over tables, vases and portraits, in the distance he could hear the sounds of fighting, at least he thought so. The ringing noise in his ears was getting louder. Turning around he walked back in the room to see if there was another way out, so much stuff in the way would drain whatever energy he was using.

A window at the back of the room, seemed to be his best chance, moving towards it, he threw himself through it and at the last moment, much to his despair was two floors high and above a river. The cold water was shocking to his already battered body, he tried to use his arms to keep his head above the water, but the energy he had been using, finally ran out. dark shadows spread over his vision and eventually he felt himself slip from his painful reality.

Rhindeer

Syrae wiped the back of his hand across his forehead, smearing sweat and dust over his skin. Hot. It was always hot in Essyrn and Syrae, Essyrn born and bred, was used to the heat. But today it was really hot. He could the sun burning his already suntanned face where it wasn't covered by a protective veil, and the wind didn't help any; it just blew the sand around and made it all annoying.

Huffing a breath that made the cloth covering his mouth and nose poof out, he stood up, brushed sand off of his clothes, and then picked up his double-bladed staff. He was on guard duty today and it was lame, lame, lame. With the weather all hot, not many travelers had been by Essyrn lately and the desert before him was bare and...sandy. Not even the jackrabbits were out today, hiding deep in their burrows and no doubt waiting for the cool of night to come out again.

It was such a dull job.

Thirsty, he walked the short distance from his spot by the city's entrance over to the river that flowed through it and out of it, pausing once to pick a pebble out of his sandal before crouching by the river's edge and sipping water out of his hands. The river was deep, but it looked a little shallower lately. With a sigh, Syrae removed his veil and set it aside by his spear so he could splash water on his face. Hopefully the weather would let up soon before--

He froze. In the midst of cooling off, a shape in the water caught his eye. At first he thought it was discarded clothing or something, but when he did a double-take he saw it was--

"Shit!" he yelped, scrambling backwards and falling back onto his rear with a grunt. A body! Was that a body?! Had there been a murder?! Heart thumping in his chest, Syrae looked toward the city, then back at the thing that was floating slowly by, and he sprang to his feet to go tell someone before freezing in sudden indecision. Oh shit, oh shit--wait, what if it wasn't dead?

If it wasn't, it would be if he didn't fish it out.

But it was in the river.

And Syrae couldn't swim.

Bouncing from one foot to the other, not knowing what to do, an idea struck then and he stooped to pick up his spear. He dropped down onto his knees at the river's edge where the body currently was. He reached out into the water with his spear, prodding carefully with the side of the blade to nudge the person closer to the bank and praying he didn't injure the fellow in the process. Finally, finally when it was close enough, he shoved the spear aside, grabbed onto whatever he could reach, prayed he wouldn't topple in, and with a grunt and a pull hauled the body out onto the sandy bank and then rolled it over onto its back.

As it turned out, it was a man. And he didn't look good.

"Hey? Hey! You alive?" Syrae slapped the man's cheeks, then gave his shoulders a shake. "C'mon, don't be dead...don't tell me I just rescued a corpse...c'mon..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

The cold was incredible, cutting through his numbed and battered body like a knife, however the fact that he had been in the water for what seemed an eternity bfore he felt it was concerning. He must have blanked out for a while, he realised, the water taking him far from anywhere he recognised.

It was only a second after opening his eyes, he realised it wasn't him that was moving his body, and that he was no longer in the river. Sand stung his eyes and his mouth tasted of salt. Then as if someone was slowly removing ear plugs, sound returned to his world. Someone was asking him if he was alive.

He waited for a second, trying to gather some strength to move. The temptation to just lie down and never get up felt very appealing. Gradually he turned his head upwards and found himself looking into the face of a young human.

"Hhhhh..." Nor tried to say the word he was thinking but his throat ached like sand paper. "Hhhhheeell..." After several attempts he finally managed to say it. "Help." A pain from his back reminded him of something more valuable than the the rest of his worrie "My back. T-take my shirt off." He tried to help but he couldn't move. He said a silent prayer to whatever god was listening that his wings were okay.

(OOC: Sorry, not my best post ever.)

Rhindeer

[No worries, it was fine! :3]

Syrae waited, tense and breathless, for a sign of life while fighting back the skin-crawling thought that he could be handling a dead body. Sure he'd killed animals before, but a person was different, and he'd never seen a dead person before. Then, to his relief he saw movement, saw the man open his eyes and look up at him, and he let out the breath he'd been holding and let his shoulders slump. "Oh, whew...jeez, man, you--wha?"

At first he thought the guy was just gasping for air or something--understandable, he'd nearly drowned after all. But then the gasping noises started to sound like words, and Syrae furrowed his brow and leaned in closer to try and make them out. When the man finally got them out, Syrae sat back with a grimace but gave him a nod nonetheless. "Oh, uh...alright...but look, we should probably getcha into the city first, don'tcha think?"

He gave a nod toward the city wall, not too far off in the distance. "Don't mean to be rude, but ya look like you've been through one hell of a time, and if you've got anything wrong under that shirt, well, uh...sand and cuts don't agree. Trust me, I know. C'mon, lemme help ya--are your legs okay? Need a moment? Anything broke?"

A doctor he most definitely was not.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Nor nodded his head in agreement, trying to lift himself up. The pain was unbearable, but gritting his teeth in pain, he managed to push himself upwards. His left leg was twisted badly, and he couldn't put any weight on it. Leaning hevily on the man who was helping him, he mangaed to stand up.

He screamed out in pain as he tried to stand up straight, the darkness returned, consumeing. It took him from reality, to a dark place, a place devoid of anything, but something was stareing at him. He could feel it on the back of his neck, a tingiling sensation.

"I did not expect you back so soon." the voice was barely a whisper, yet it came from all sides.

"Where am I?" he asked, strangely he felt no fear, but a strange facination.

"You are in, what your world would more commonly call the Void."

"What do you men you didn't expect me back so soon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry about this, but our appointment will have to wait, untill the pink bunnies that fly on thursdays arrive."

"Wait. What!?"

(OOC: I hope you like the weridness, but I seem to be sufferning from writers block.  :evil:  Hope you like the mad world that my character is stuck in.  :wink: )