Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Read is to Live a Thousand Lives

Started by DragonSong, January 02, 2016, 03:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Lyssa beamed. "I'm glad." She tilted her head and added, "You're welcome to check it out, if you like. I keep track of that sort of stuff."

Medievarad

Ameterasu chuckled. Closing the book. "I will definitly. But tomorrow." She said as she carefully put the book back in it's rightful place. Admiring it on the shelf briefly before turning her gaze to Lyssa once more.

DragonSong

"Great." She nodded in the direction of the rest of the shelves. "This way then, I'll finish your tour and close up." She started off down the balcony again, moving toward the fictional books, pointing out poetry, plays, stories as they passed them.

Medievarad

Ameterasu seemed to enjoy the small tour. Able to explain some more in-depth things about the fictive tales or her understanding of the poetry. Indicating that she was an avid reader.

DragonSong

Lyss was actually having fun. Ameterasu seemed to really be listening to her, and had many insightful things to say herself.

As she was blowing out the last lantern, she said with a smile, "It's nice to meet someone who so clearly loves books. It may seem strange, but even in here that can be a rare thing."

Medievarad

Ameterasu chuckled. "The feeling is mutual.. People aren't as passionate as books as one would hope.. Pitifully." She said with a gentle chuckle. "But you really have some masterpieces here. I am glad you wanted to show me around."

DragonSong

"I'm glad you wanted to take a look," Lyssa said cheerfully, leading them back to the stairs. "There are a few back rooms and such, but I really do have to be closing. If you're coming back tomorrow to check out that book I could show you then?" she offered.

Medievarad

"Don't mind if I take you up on that offer." Ameterasu chuckled as she walked down the stairs, her arms folded infront of herself. "I will be here for a week, if not longer."

DragonSong

"Great." Lyssa smiled as she walked her to the door. "I'm almost always here, so stop by whenever you feel like." She nodded politely to her, eyes shining happily. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Ameterasu. I hope to see more of you."

Medievarad

"The pleasure was all mine, Lyssa." She said with a gentle smile, before walking out, gently closing the door behind her.

DragonSong

After she left, closing up was simple and quick. Lyssa glanced at the new book as she was leaving, then decided she would properly file it in the morning. Blowing out the last lantern, she left through the back door, locking it behind her and bending to pet the few stray dogs and cats who'd gathered to eat the scraps she'd left out for them.

Smiling, she made her way home. She was looking forward to morning.

Medievarad

And, as promised, Ameterasu made her way towards the library. Somewhere in the afternoon, she knocked the door politely and entered the library. The collection of books not ceasing to amaze her once more.

DragonSong

Lyssa looked up at the knock- as she always did- and smiled brightly when she saw who it was. Lurking to the young man who was sharing her shift, she stood and moved toward the door.

"Hello again," she said, brightly but quietly.

Medievarad

"Good afternoon, Lyssa." Ameterasu smiled gently at the librarian. "How are you doing today?"

DragonSong

"Well, and you?" She beckoned for the other woman to follow her. "I assume you want the rest of that tour I promised?"

Medievarad

"Fairly well." Ameterasu smiled as she followed Lyssa. "And you're correct in assuming. If you have the time." She added with a chuckle.

DragonSong

"Of course." She turned to look at her fellow librarian, gesturing that she was going to take their guest to the second floor. He nodded and she started toward the stairs. "What are you most interested in seeing?" she asked over her shoulder.

Medievarad

Ameterasu followed Lyssa after smiling and gently greeting the other, unknown person. She smirked and shook her head. "Anything. Really."

DragonSong

"Then come this way," Lyssa said, an idea suddenly striking her and her pitch changing slightly with excitement. She lead them in the opposite direction around the balcony than she had the day before, to a door set back into the wall in between two shelves.

She pulled out a set of keys and fiddled with them, explaining, "This is where we keep all the books on magic, or book that are magical. Usually people are only aloud in with specific permission, but..." She shrugged, eyes dancing.

Medievarad

Ameterasu arched an eyebrow, stepped forward and put a hand on Lyssa's. Hoping to get her attention away from the lock. She shook her head slowly. "Lyssa. I also sell these kind of books. Knowledge that could desintegrate cities could be here. And while I love books as you do, you should not trust strangers with that. At all." She said, followed by a gentle smile, releasing her grip on the librarian's hands. "It isn't safe." She concluded.