Started by nephero, August 07, 2018, 07:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nephero

art by meeee
Excuse my manners if I make a scene*

{NAME}
Varius Arcobaleno Natanaele da Ventus

{ALIASES}
"Vari", various puns. Also his father used to call him "Sunshine" when he was a babbuu.

{AGE}
65 {~ 30ish}

{GENDER, SEXUALITY}
Male, homosexual.

{SPECIES/ETHNICITY}
Ashman, Bismuthblooded

{HEIGHT/BUILD}
5'3", muscular

{OCCUPATION}
Vari does many, many things. Not all of them things you want him to do.

{RESIDENCE}
Zantaric

{PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION}
  • Short and stocky; Vari is not tall in any sense of the word, but what he lacks in height he more than makes up for in muscle. Every bit of him is built mountain-strong, and he's quite proud of this fact. He will absolutely flex on command.
  • Rainbow bright; Vari was blessed at birth with a shock of vibrant ginger hair, which he keeps long and loose and wild. Quite often he has to push it out of his face, only to have the curls and waves fall right back in his eyes again. This, along with his Bismuthblooded eyes/inlay, makes for a bright amount of color against his ashen-white skin.
  • Permanently underdressed; He pretty much looks like he just rolled out of bed at any given point, with loose brown trousers tucked into leather boots, and a short-sleeved tunic overtop. More often than not he even rolls those sleeves up further to expose his shoulders. He only ever wears a short necklace made of black leather cording and white pearls, and three small pearl hoop rings in his left ear.
  • Sunny disposition; It's only in very, very rare moments that Vari isn't smiling about something, whether it be a small quiet one or a broad laughing grin. When he walks there's a bounce to his step, and he seems almost permanently at ease in any situation. Dude could be robbing you and he'll look like he's simply out for a morning stroll.

{PERSONALITY}
  • A little... 'out there'; So, Vari is an odd bird. Chipper even when it's wildly inappropriate to be so, quick with a joke when it's no joking matter, and prone to whistling at any given time. He's a cheerful sort, but in a decidedly strange way that doesn't always seem to fit the situation, and with the general air of being just outside of reality. Doesn't help when he talks to himself, either.
  • Devout; Ashmen believe that the elements themselves are spirits— rivers, ponds, campfires, rocks, dirt, winds, breezes— all of them have their own tiny spirit and personality to go with it. Vari believes strongly in communicating with these spirits, making offerings to soothe angry ones and achieving understanding with them. He genuinely believes that is what allows him to "control" the elements as he does, by treating them with mutual respect and asking them for assistance when needed.
  • Clever and cunning; He may not know everything there is to know about everything, and indeed he's not educated in many things, but Vari should never be mistaken for someone stupid. He knows how to read between the lines, how to see patterns and solve puzzles, and sometimes when he's quiet it's because he's deep in thought about one thing or the other. He may need help with things like percentages and shares, but he knows what a person looks like when they're lying.

Fun Facts!:
  • Has a little gecko friend named Signor Wiggles. Sometimes Vari puts him on a leash for walkies.
  • Is a massive flirt and has a particular weakness for blonds.
  • Carries small, carved marble statues with him, one for each of the elements, which he uses as a focus for communing with said spirits.
  • When he kills someone, he cuts off their hair to ritually burn later, to keep the dead person's spirit from seeking revenge.

{SPECIAL ABILITIES}
Elemental magic; can commune with and conjure spirits of earth, water, fire and air to assist him when need be. He doesn't ask for help with every last little thing, however, instead relying on his axes to do his own dirty work with.

{RELATIONSHIPS}
TBD— fellow bandits, family back home, etc.

{HISTORY}
TBD

VIGILANCE WALKING THE TOAST
Characters here!

__guilds, yo__
The Territok Orcs // The Oratok Orcs // Fausteth // The Ashmen