Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I am the pin that will burst your bubble! [Spicypants!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 23, 2014, 10:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"What?"

Einin took another careful step into the room, watching where she put her feet so she didn't step in blood. She pointedly ignored his cigar question and latched onto the rest of what he'd said instead. "What do you mean you did this to yourself? Is this..."

She blinked, took another look around the room. "Is this your blood?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarrett gave a nonchalant glance down to his cut up arms. His chest and legs faired the same, htough it was hard to see through all the blood- but the shinest blood on him was coming from the cuts and wounds.

"I guess most of it is."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Einin took a deep breath and lowered the sword a little, stepped a little closer to him. She had been looking everywhere for a source for that blood--everywhere but him. She had just assumed his ripped clothes were the result of a struggle he had won. Now she was close enough to see the cuts beneath the blood and it looked...pretty bad.

"Most of it," she repeated dully, and looked at the awful scene. She swallowed. There really was a lot of blood. And the smell...

Her stomach churned, but she tore her eyes away and looked at his face, because his words sent a fresh chill down her spine.

"Who else's is it." And as she said it, her hands gripped the sword tighter. "And where are they?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarrett still didn't look her way, even as she spoke and posed her questions. He just stared at the bloody walls.

"I don't know where she is. She never says where she goes."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Who is she?!" Einin snapped, about reaching the limits of her patience. She stepped around him so she could get a look at his face.

"Would you stop being so cryptic and talk plain for once? What is going on? And...and what are we gonna do about this?!" She waved her arm in a gesture that encompassed the gory room.

visualspice

Jarrett blinked, a hand by his mouth as if holding a cigar he didn't have. He simply stared at her.
"She's my mistress."
Then he paused before adding, "And I told you to get some soap and water." And he looked thoughtfully back at the room. They'd need a lot of soap and water..

Rhindeer

"Your mistress? What does that even--? Argh!" Einin threw her hands up, sword and all, with an exasperated huff. While she would have loved to squeaze more answers out of him, they did have more serious issues here.

Like all the blood.

She rubbed her face with her free hand. "Soap and water isn't going to fix this...that's...that's a lot of blood and..." She took a deep breath. "We gotta tell someone."

visualspice

Jarrett's eyes remained on the walls.
"I could burn it."
It seemed to work last time.
Kind of.

Rhindeer

"No!" Einin snapped, louder than she'd intended. Her eyes went wide and she ducked her head down, shoulders hunched.

"Er, no. No burning. No fire. I don't even want to see you look at fire! And you better not even think about fire! In fact, don't even touch anything red, orange, or yellow, to be sure! Or blue. Some fire can be blue. You know, how about you just not...not."

With another sigh, she glanced at the slaughterhouse of a room and then looked away just as fast; the sight made her want to gag. "Actually, maybe you should just, you know...leave."

visualspice

Jarrett was still observing the room- the mess, the blood; when Einin continued to go off over her 'No, no, nos'. He went quiet a moment, but only for a brief time at her last suggestion before idly replying, "But she already knows you're here."

Rhindeer

"What?" Einin looked at him sharply then, eyebrows lifted. His words sent a chill down her spine, but she tried not to show how disturbing she found that.

"I mean, what...should that matter? You leave, she goes with you." Pause. "Right?"

visualspice

"I don't own her," she stated simply, not much fluctuation in the tone of his voice. "She owns me." He then turned to peer at Einin.
"I don't think she likes you."
He peered up at the wall.
Yeah...
She never left this much blood if she did....

Rhindeer

"But...I don't even know her!" Einin said, perplexed. "I don't even--look, you have got to explain what the hell is going on, because I'm really confused right now and where did that blood even come from?! How am I even gonna explain this!"

She began to pace, running her fingers through her hair. "What would Owl do?" she muttered. "What would--wait."

She spun around to face Jarrett again as a chilling thought hit her. "Where is she now?"

visualspice

It was at her question that he moved from where he stood and cocked his head.
"She left. I don't know where she goes." Peering back to the room, he frowned a bit more. Yeah... scrubbing the walls might not get rid of this so easily.
"Know any water mages?"
Yeah, maybe magic might help. If not, he'd suggest the fire again except.. unfortunately, he knew if they were to set fire to this room- it would take the entire estate with it.

He remained thoughtful and quiet for a time before giving a shrug.
"And if you were Owl, you would have tried to chase me off with your sword." As if that statement wasn't obvious. Though as it were, they were both playing entirely different roles-a nd somehow.. Jarrett was stuck in this as her fiance. Well, he supposed it would get him closer to her father. Her father did have a bounty on his head. But he figured he could bide his time- you know, unless they decided to kick him out for this. That idea made him frown.

"We could fake my death."
There was enough blood, however, for several deaths, but perhaps no one would know? And they would both get out of the false engagement...
THough he wouldn't lie, the plush bedding was nice. Nice enough he had considered ways to prolong such shenanigans to keep him here. Looks like, however, he'd already lost his chance.

Peering over at Einin, he found himself suddenly staring at her in her night gown. Though it was hard to tell if he was staring at her body, or through it.

Rhindeer

"No!" Einin blurted, and then reined herself in and took a breath.

"No. There's too much blood for it to look like you died. This looks more like you murdered a couple cows! And if you died, there'd be an investigation, there'd be the question of where your body went, they'd want to contact your family, and I'd somehow have to know all that! And I don't, because you're not legit! You're not a noble! And then I'm in trouble as they start to piece things together and get wise to me. So no, you can't die. We're going to end this false engagement, obviously, but we're going to do it believably and discreetly in a way that is natural and normal so people don't ask questions."

She ran her hands through her hair, staring at the mess. "Which begs the question of what we do here...ah!"

With a laugh, Einin slapped her forehead. "Of course. I can't believe I didn't think of this. Alright, move out of the way. I'm going to, ah...I'm going to hide the mess for now. Okay? But after I do, you have to make sure not to let anyone in there. I can hide it; I can make it look like what people expect to see. But if anyone goes in there, they're gonna...well...they're gonna step in the blood and it'll all fall apart. Got it? So we'll still have to figure out what to do about this, but...I can buy some time."

visualspice

Jarrett looked up at the blood coating the walls, then furniture, and his bed. Then he peered down at her.
"I still think we need a water mage."
Or maybe when she wasn't looking he could burn it.

Rhindeer

With an irritated huff, Einin grabbed Jarrett by the arm to pull him out of the room. Then she stepped past him and stared into the bloody space, steeling herself. She wanted to look away, for she was finding this rather...disgusting...but she needed to view it so she could change it. She couldn't alter what she couldn't see.

"Do you know any water mages?" she asked as she readied herself. "Because I sure don't. Water mages who can come in here, and who won't squeal about this mess? Gods, Jarrett, I just..." She glanced back at him. "I seriously don't know what to do about this, okay? Or you! You're a mess! But I guess you can bathe...we're gonna have to get you a bath right away! And new clothes! And..."

She shook her head, turning back to the room. "We are so screwed..."

Focusing her attention solely on the room then, she pictured what it was now, and what she wanted it to be. Focused, felt that familiar power swell within her, and willed it outward. If someone asked her how she did it, she would never be able to describe it; the act of illusion casting was just something she'd always been able to do. Before long, the room shimmered faintly as the magic laid over it, and then the room was no longer a bloody, torn up mess, but exactly what it had been before the debacle tonight.

visualspice

Jarrett was silent... silently contemplating a solution to all of this giving her frantic nature over the matter. He supposed he'd be as riled up as she was if it were not for his current view on life and the  world- for he always appeared so casual, and not many things, eccentric or other wise, seemed to phase him.

"I suppose we could say I killed someone in the night." Or someones. "Trespassers.." he said, giving a thoughtful purse of his lips. "Unless we come up with something better.." He looked her over, going silent once again before he shrugged. "Sorry for all of that."

And even to him- his odd, monotone apologize sounded strange.

Rhindeer

Einin regarded Jarrett flatly. "You're kidding," she said. "Because that is the worst idea, and makes you look utterly mad. You killed trespassers, whose bodies are not around, and for some reason decided it fitting to paint the walls red?"

She sighed heavily. "I'll figure something out."

visualspice

Jarrett frowned a bit over what she said, but it was a thoughtful expression more than one of disappointment. In fact, Jarrett showing much of any facial expression never seemed to happen as he blinked, regarded the room with deeper scrutiny. And just when it seemed he was going to make more comments about it, all he said was.

"Yeah... I guess  a bath would be nice." And gave an itch to some of the dried blood on his neck.