Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I am the pin that will burst your bubble! [Spicypants!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 23, 2014, 10:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Einin shot Jarrett a look. Sometimes--like all the time--she felt like he wasn't even listening to her. Or at least, that he only heard what he wanted to hear. How long ago had she mentioned baths?

Still, it was a good idea.

"It's the middle of the night..." she said, and began to pace. "You don't have a tub in your room. But I have one in mine. But no water...certainly not warm, so you're just going to have to deal with that. Do you have any other clothes?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarrett stared at her plainly, and answered simply, "No."
Not that he had the money for it, nor the means...
considering he was here to play a wealthy nobleman...
from Essyrn, of all places. Essyrn... didn't those men just walk around naked sometimes? He stared off in thought, but found his eyes drifting back towards the room that was enchantedly hiding the gore from view.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"You don't have any other clothes," Einin repeated flatly, staring. And then she groaned and palmed her forehead. She was probably going to get a permanent mark there with all the face-palming Jarrett induced in her. "So your whole plan with being engaged to me, being Essyrni nobility engaged to me..."

She rubbed her temples. "So you hatch this brilliant plan aaaand...that's seriously your only set of clothes? You're nobility, Jarrett! Or you're supposed to be! Nobility have clothes! Surely you have the money, if you can buy your smelly cigars! And what you're wearing looks fine enough. You seriously didn't think to pack another set of clothes? People are gonna notice that! Not to mention the blood! Not that I'd expect you to pack for a blood bath here..."

If Jarrett was monosyllabic, Einin certainly did enough talking for the both of them. And frankly, his nonchalance was not helping her mood. "No one will be selling anything this time of night. I suppose I could snatch something of my father's, and hope it fits, but ahaha. Like that won't go unnoticed and--"

Rounding on Jarrett, she put her hands on his hips. "We'll just have to wash all of you. Clothes and all. That does it. Is the blood dry? We'll have to go before it sets! And then you'll just have to...I don't even know! Sit around in seclusion in wet clothes until you dry!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarrett remained quiet, but when she question his plan, he simply shrugged.
"I wasn't planning to stick around."
But of course, now.. he apparently was. But he missed the reasoning behind the cigar comment and gave her stare laced with indifference. But at the mention of washing all of him, he stared at her, then down at all six feet of his body, then back to her.
"We'll?" He seemed almost hesitant to ask as he gave a slow tilt of his head. And what did she mean 'until he dried'? And by now, as the gears were working inside his head, his frown became more visible.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Yes. We," Einin said with a firm nod. "You think I'm going to let you go off on your own? No. I leave you alone for a night and the guest room gets remodeled. You're alone with fire, and an estate burns down. I'm not going to leave you alone with water in my home and find out what happens. Now just...go back inside your room and wait a moment. Don't...don't step in anything."

She gave him a push toward his room. "I'm going to call for a bath. It's not the first time I've taken one so late 'because I couldn't sleep'--" Really, it was just because she'd been back from adventuring. "--so it'll be fine. We'll just bring you in my room."

visualspice

Jarrett gave a rub to the back of his head, frowning a bit at the idea.
"Won't your parents get upset? I mean, if you have me caught in your room?"
Nobles did have such strange rules, after all- not that he entirely followed their etiquette, but he was learning, through observation. And though he presumed she wanted to be stealthy about this, he had seen... well, stealth first hand in regards to Owl. He wasn't entirely sure this wouldn't be one of those times where stealth failed them. But of course, he also wasn't entirely sure what to do about their predicament either. But really... some soap and water helped... a little. Maybe.
So he supposed he'd just deal with whatever she was offering for now and slipped his hands into his pockets with a shrug and moved back towards his room.

Rhindeer

"They're asleep. It'll be fine," Einin said, and made a shooing motion at him. But once he was safely back in his room, she took off to find a servant working the night shift and quickly made her request.

It took some time, for water needed to be heated and brought in, but soon the tub in Einin's room was filled with steaming water. She ushered the servants away, stating she needed no assistance and just wanted to soak away the aches her earlier adventure with fires and burning buildings had given her, and once they were gone, Einin waited a good few more minutes to ensure the coast was clear before she left her room to fetch Jarrett.

Opening his door, she motioned him out. "C'mon, hurry up, before the water gets cold!" Which, actually, it might have been a better idea if the water was cold. She'd forgotten warm water set bloodstains.

visualspice

The first thing that would greet her would be the heavy scent of a cigar. It drifted leisurely through the air as Jarrett puffed away at it, half reclined now on the bed. Seeing the door come open, however, he had the sense enough to sit up and peer over at her and rise to his feet, following her out while still nursing his smoke.

Rhindeer

"Put that out," Einin whispered at him, and reached up to snatch it away from him. "Don't smoke in here. It stinks! And my parents say it'll ruin the paintings. Um..." She stared at the still smoking cigar, nose wrinkling at the smell, and then shoved it back at him when she realized she didn't know what to do with it.

"You put it out. Anyway, hurry!"

She grabbed his wrist and dragged him into her room, shutting the door behind them. "Okay, get in the bath!"

visualspice

Not knowing really where to extinguish the cigar, he found a nearby empty plate and smashed the smoldering end into it until the smoke disappeared. Then, leaving it on the plate in the hall, he moved into Einen's room and stared down at the warm bath, unmoving, even at her command. In fact, the command elicited a frown.

"Doesn't a bath in my clothing seem silly to you?" he said, loosening the collar of his shirt some.

Rhindeer

"Yes, it's silly, but it's happening," Owl said, and gave him a push toward the bath as he started loosening his collar. "All of you needs washing, so may as well do it in one go! Now get in!"

visualspice

"Sounds strange when you have laundry maids to do it." But with a shrug, he stepped in, boots and all, right into the warm waiting bath. His long legs probably looked silly, as he himself didn't quite fit in the tub as he peered down at his red suit- and the now 'turning red' waters. And after a moment of simply staring at the waters changing colors, he finally began to splash waters onto his face and soak his hair, all the while fighting off the images of the horrors of the first time the blood baths had begun.

It all happened in a bath- clean and clear, then murky and red....

And so many had died... and had died because of him. And the images were enough and so over powering that, even the slow nonchalance of Jarrett seemed off, and he was barely getting any more water onto his head, missing and pouring half of his handfuls simply back into the pooling red waters around him.

Rhindeer

"Um...Jarrett...?"

The guy was totally spacing out. It had been weird enough that he'd gotten in with his boots--he could have at least taken those off--but now...

He was just...

Sort of splashing aimlessly.

With him sitting in bloody water, it made him look kind of crazed.

"Jarrett!"

visualspice

Jarret lifted up his head, water gushing down his face from his hair, which was now slicked and suctioned partially against his face. He peered up at Owl, but said nothing.

Rhindeer

Einin raised her eyebrows at him, staring back. "What are you doing?"

visualspice

At such a question, Jarrett blinked.
"Bathing with my clothes on?" And he moved to grab the nearby soaps and wash clothe, beginning to scrub some of it into his black hair.

Rhindeer

"I know that!" Einin said with a snort. "I mean, are you okay? You're acting kinda weird."

Says the one who had ushered Jarrett in to bathe clothed.

visualspice

Jarrett gave a blink, peering at Einin for a good long while, something about his gaze seemed... different, but it didn't take long before those green eyes to slip back into their normal indifference. He gave a shrug.
"It's been a long day..." And he worked at trying to scrub himself down, whch was an awkward feat in itself, considering the restrictions of the bath, how long his torso was, and he had several.. several layers of clothing to scrub around.

Rhindeer

Crossing her arms over her chest, Einin let out a small sigh. "We're in agreement, there," she said, and took a seat on her bed, watching him.

"I guess just...brace yourself. It's gonna be a hectic next few days."

visualspice

Jarrett gave one curious glance her way, water and suds dribbling down his face before he continued to work awkwardly at his bath, then sitting htere, full of glittering bubbles, he contemplated how to remove them the quickest- and well, the obvious solution was to dunk himself under the water-
So he did.

And he just lay there, on his back, long legs awkwardly sticking out on either side of the lips of tub as he remained, calm and serene beneath the red water's surface, with bubbles of breath, rising ot the surface on occasion from his closed lips. It was calm under here. And he wondered, idly, if this was how death felt like for some.