Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An addition to the Rogue Gallery! (Rhi/OPEN)

Started by Tak, February 01, 2014, 03:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Vaultus chuckled at the gray thing as it threatened to eat him. He could, in fact, very easily kill him, but he was different. This hulk was immune to disease and poison, among other things. Vaultus could sense it in his blood. This was no ordinary creature. However, he wouldn't have much time to ponder such things as everything seemed to happen at once. A man with a cart of corpses, men in gray assisting the man with corpses, and those worshippers of Salem that he has heard of before. They all had come out of nowhere, and they all seemed like the wanted the same thing: to kill the gray behemoth. Of course by consequence, with the behemoth surrounded, so was he. He now found himself trapped in the middle of all this. Hopefully, these foolish non-mages wouldn't start anything that Vaultus would have to finish. He hadn't been planning on killing anyone today, but that could change in a heartbeat.

visualspice

Jarrett stared at the cart for a while, long after the Soot Wolves had left, and even long after Owl's barking words had faded away. It was only when his frown deepened that he moved to the front of the cart again to presume his position as the mule again, but not before addressing Einin.

"You said my idea lacked bodies."
And he was, somehow, in his own way, trying to help her out. Though his idea, strangely enough- required corpses....
Thankfully, none of which he actually killed. It just so happened to be his lucky day- so he stole a cart, hefted them into it, and was on his way to Einin's house when this whole incident had begun. Though he wasn't in any way part of what was going on here- just simply passing through as he took up the shaft of the cart and stepped forward to get going.

It was a long way back, after all.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Tak

"You are all fools! All of you! You think you stand a chance? You don't even have a sliver of hope if you try to fight me!"

He relaxed. He looked around, seeing all the fools around him. With  quick movement if his arm, Moirimeran's backhand hit the face of the 'Owl' with ease, It would send her back 5 meters with a large bruise.

"Kill me! Attack me! Try!"
He wasn't worried in the slightest. If they somehow did kill him, he'd just reawaken with a resistance to whatever killed him.

Wicked Basket

Vaultus grinned at this thing's eagerness to fight. With a wave of his hand, Vaultus sent the gray man hurtling into a building.

"I know that didn't hurt," Vaultus said casually. "That was merely a warning. You have a lot going on beneath the surface. Your blood reveals everything."

Vaultus squared off with his opponent. He was the only one that stood any chance of fighting this thing. Those humans with their guns and swords had no hope of doing a mage's job.

Tak

With the hit of Vaultus' hand, Moirimeran flinched. It barely affected him as he stationed himself before he could hit the wall. With a run-up of great power, Vaultus (unless avoided) would be flying few a meters. "You surprise me. But you cannot defeat me...-
Because I cannot be defeated."

((Everyone's underestimating everyone else!))

Wicked Basket

The oncoming blow was a surprise, but it wasn't entirely unexpected. Vaultus simply sank down into a pool of blood and let his assailant fly over his head. He then reformed facing Moirimeran.

"Don't you know what happens when you make assumptions," Vaultus asked still using a calm tone. "Adaptable you may be, but how could you adapt to heart failure?"

Rhindeer

That was not a weak strike. Owl had been paying more attention to Jarrett at that point, so the strike to her face was completely unexpected and, indeed, it sent her flying a good sixteen feet.

Straight into Jarrett.

She crashed into him and they both went toppling over, though fortunately their fall was cushioned.

...By a pile of corpses in the corpse cart.

The corpse cart which broke from their sudden forceful impact, sending them, and the bodies, spilling onto the ground.

Owl was only vaguely aware of any of that, though, because the blow had broken her nose and busted her lip and snapped her head back hard enough to hurt her neck. Her mask had also been damaged, so it hung off her face awkwardly. She lay sprawled atop Jarrett and a pile of gross, stiff, bloody corpses, blood gushing from her broken nose and staining the front of her shirt, her head fuzzy and dizzy, her vision all weird. She groaned, too dazed and disoriented to do much more than that yet.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tak

"Don't you know what happens when you make assumptions, Adaptable you may be, but how could you adapt to heart failure?" asked the mage.

"It seems you don't understand me... go ahead. Kill me. Try. Do it."
With a swing of his hand (and the greatsword in it), Moirimeran started swinging in a circle, so that the sword would hit anyone close-bye. A laugh escaped from his mouth, followed by a sort of roar/growl. "You fools..."

visualspice

One second Jarrett had been trying to get the cart ready for Einin's house for delivery, and the next...
well, the next he was on his back, eyes staring up at the night time sky- and corpses laying in a jumbled heap all about them. It took another moment for him to realize he had somehow caught and cradled Einin in his arms, and he blinked as he lifted his head up to look down at her.

Seeing the blood from her nose and dazed expression, he peered from her, then over towards the other men fighting before turning back to the mess and broken cart. Well, there went that plan. Looks like he wouldn't be bringing these corpses 'home' anytime soon.

Green eyes returning to Owl, he asked, "Are you okay?"
It seemed the right thing to do.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Vaultus lifted his hand, and Moirimeran's was spin was brought to a halt.

"I understand more than you think," Vaultus said cooly. "Your own life blood is mine to command. I don't need to kill you when I can control you."

With that, Vaultus lifted him up and slammed him, head first, into the ground, not allowing him to move his arms to shield himself from impact.

"I control life itself. I can harm...."

Vaultus reached his hand toward Owl. All bleeding immediately stopped, and the bruise vanished.

"....or heal."

He could not mend Owl's nose, but it didn't matter. Normally, he would not waste his abilities on a human, but this was for demonstration purposes.

Tak

This came as a surprise... A nice one nonetheless. "So you have power over blood? I can bypass that."

As Moirimeran has complete control over his body, this grants him the ability to close his heart manually. He did this in such a manner so that there was a grate, and only small things can get through, with blood cells being to big.

This quickly killed him. He sat lifeless for a dew seconds before returning to life... However his blood was replaced with oxygen itself, similar to a plants, only this was A) in an animal and B) extremely protected.

"Your silly magic doesn't work on me anymore, foolish Mage."

((Sorry, complicated.))

Wicked Basket

"I wouldn't say that."

As he spoke, all of the remaining blood in the corpses flowed out and began flowing around Vaultus.

"You've witnessed but an inkling of my true power."

Rhindeer

The bleeding stopped suddenly, but Owl's nose still throbbed something fierce, and she still felt sore and disoriented. Blinking up at Jarrett, she turned her head to spit out blood and gave a lopsided grin, splitting the cut in her lip. "Never better. Help me up. I can take 'em."

She tried to get up and toppled back over onto Jarrett with a pained grunt.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarrett frowned, but did help her to her feet.
"Shall I carry you over there so you can have your revenge? Or should I just carry you back to your house?" And as he spoke, his voice was cool with indifference, for he wasn't cracking a joke, but sounded to be quite serious in his suggestion.

Tak

((No more posting now guys. DaGlob needs some love.))

DaGlobster

(yeah, seriously people. I come back from school, and someone's been punched in the face. You're like children! ;P)

When the blood mage engaged the gray man, Lynch was content to watch, gauging the gray giant's strengths and weaknesses. He noticed a distinct lack of self-preservation, and an overabundance of confidence. He lifted his arm, and the snipers took aim, a faint yellow glow building up inside the barrels of their guns. Blessed ammunition, touched by Salem himself and crafted in divine forges. "Enough of this." Lynch said, and pointed his pistol at Moirimeran. "Fire!" He yelled, and the ten snipers opened up with their rifles. The shots they fired flew out of the barrels with unbelievable speed and flashes of holy light. The bullets trailed white fire as they screamed towards Moirimeran.

Tak

Moirimeran was facing forwards the Mage, proud of his new resistance, but he sensed the movement of movement where the others where. He turned quickly, but he didn't turn quick enough to see or dodge.

He took all 10 shots, most of them in deadly places. He fell, near lifeless, as he finally uttered the words: "thank you." He fell, lifeless, to the bloodied floor (not his blood) with a large smile on his face...

And then he stood. He laughed like a maniac with a microphone, not scared. "Shoot me! Shoot me again! Go ahead, I dare you!"

Aeytrious

This shit was just getting out of hand. The Soot Wolves did not see how this could go well at all. It was time to act, but not offensively. The four at the ready Soot Wolves dashed out into the street with great haste. Two grabbed Owl, and hoisted her between them, there wasn't time for her to get her wits back. The other two pulled Jarrett two his feet, despite his inevitable protests, and ushered him into the same alley that Owl had been carried too. If the shenanigans out there was going to damage the buildings, it was best that human bodies weren't broken in the process. Rufus would not be pleased to lose such highly valued assets.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

DaGlobster

When Moirimeran got back up, rather than frowning or looking dumbfounded (as was no doubt expected of him), Lynch smiled. The stupid creature thought that the bullets were meant to kill him permanently. It was a real testament to its stupidity. The moment it died and came back against the mage, Lynch knew killing it wasn't an option. If he was sure the shots would kill it, he wouldn't have wasted magic ammunition to begin with. The bullets inside of him started acting up, beginning the process of magically (and non-lethally) draining his strength, magically lodging themselves so that they couldn't be taken out save for a miracle.

Lynch told the two men by him to wait on his call, and stepped forwards, holstering his pistol on his belt. As he walked, his armor and weapon started giving off a faint golden light. "It appears I was wrong. I'll be taking you in, instead." He said, calm and collected.

Tak

The bullets weren't a surprise. But magic bullets? surprising.
Moirimeran looked at the parts of his body, trying to remove them with brute force. He managed to remove one that got his arm by ripping his arm off, then throwing it at the offending humanocentric extremist.

He'd run away if he could feel fear... fear wasn't in his vocabulary and neither was it in his mind. He looked at Lynch. feeling his power fade, he mustered some energy to jump directly at him, and then would proceed with a few hundred punches...