Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Leathers and Feathers

Started by visualspice, April 24, 2014, 03:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Catch me?" Clint gave a laugh. "Unless hes' really some hot babe under that mask, I doubt he would be able to get this cat in it's clutches." He puffed out his chest, giving an overly confident smile.
"And who says a hero can't be dark? Maybe I could turn into a thief who, when the time comes around, turns the other way and becomes famous for once being a deceitful villain,a n then suddenly changing his tune for the good!"
And the plan sounded brilliant! At least to him. And boy was Clint beaming at that.

"Besides, I gotta show that no good cousin of mine what's up. He stalks around as if he owns the place, just because he's a knight! Asshole," he breathed. Just thinking about it ruffled his own feathers!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Einin couldn't help but smirk at that, a plan already forming in her mind the instant Clint claimed Owl couldn't catch him. She knew Clint. And she knew she was tougher than him; even as kids, she'd always been a bit more rough and tumble, and as tonight proved, she could still take him down.

Her friend was in desperate need of a wake-up call before he got himself killed.

Before something happened to him, like what had happened to her. Or worse.

Because there was always worse.

Sure Clint could be annoying, but she cared about the kid, and he had no idea what he was getting himself into. She needed to save him before he did something he'd regret--

And if he'd joined the Mountain Cats, well...she knew what they were capable of. They had attacked she and Ryk in that alley at the faire, held a knife to her throat...

Of course, she couldn't tell Clint any of that.

"Redemption stories are fun, Clint, but...that's in stories. In real life, it doesn't always work that way, and Clint, you're too good to be bad. Why would you want to hurt people?" With a sigh, she leaned her shoulder against the book shelf. "Because that's what being a villain is. It's hurting people. I didn't think you had a mean bone in you."

And she gave him a look as she said it, putting on her best "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed" face.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Clint really didn't like where this conversation was going. He wanted to impress her, not have her scolding him like his mom.
"Whoever said about hurtin' anybody?" the boy barked, gritting his teeth at such an idea. "Besides, some of these pompous frilly folk could use a lighter purse, walkin' around as if they own the place thinking money and titles can just get them what they want." WHich was ironic, because it seemed he was in a predicament that spoke the opposite, though in truth, he could go against his parents wishes- but part of him just... well, could not.

"And I ain't never said I'd be a villain. It's just all in your mind set. Whoever said what I do at night has got to be all bad?" Heck, he could rescue a damsel if he wanted to! Not that he ever tried...
But wouldn't that be heroic?

"Besides, I probably saved you from being robbed!" he went on- not mentioning he was there to do some robbery, but he had seen some Soot Wolves lurking about and had been warned about this side of town, how it was over populated by them and well- somehow, he hadn't been stopped by a one of them-a nd they mysteriously 'disappeared'. Little did he know they might even be watching them now. He had no idea the extents of Einin's alter ego, or of how truly involved and massive the Soot Wolves were.  In fact, he just heard about them all too recently, and so to him, since he never had a personal run in, they were still just the stuff of fantasies. After all, this was his first night on the prowl!

"I saw a bunch of thieves lurkin' on this side of town. They took one look at me and scattered. Bet they were afraid to try something on someone who looked so dangerous!"
Though in truth, his presence probably only left them confused. And it was a bit of a stretch on the truth, but hey- she didn't have to know all of the details. White lies never hurt anyone, after all!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Clint," Einin said, her voice and expression flat as old champagne, "you're one of us pompous frilly folks. And..."

Her eyes narrowed a little. "So am I. For Kia's sake, Clint! Are you saying you want to steal from us? From me? Because stealing is dishonest and villainous, and not liking a person's station isn't a good enough reason to take what's not yours! There are other ways to help people." With a frustrated huff, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"In any case, I'm fine, Clint. I'm safe. After everything that happened, my parents tightened security and..."

She trailed off, realization dawning as soon as she said it, and her eyes widened with alarm, a jolt of anxiety striking her. She felt foolish for it, stupid and weak, but it was still too soon. Way too soon. The memories were still fresh, fresh enough she still woke up sobbing, and she hugged herself a little tighter.

"How did you get in?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Clint was trying to stubbornly ignore Einin's scoldings. Even though she was right... He didn't want to admit that or he'd sound even more like a fool. So when her last question came around, the unusually quiet young man simply snapped, "What? I just came in through the window. You've got some lattice work and vines out here and-" And the second Clint stepped near to the window, a Soot Wolf showed up and grabbed Clint by the collar of his leather suit, and suddenly the teenager felt the coldness of a blade to his throat as he froze.

"Holy fucking shit!" Clint exclaimed.

"Hey there, mountain cat. What the hell do you think you're doing in Lady Beirne's room? You've got ten seconds before I cut your throat and gut you to leave you out on display on the streets."

Rhindeer

"Don't!" Einin snapped, a bit too loudly, and bolted for the window where Clint was being held captive. She spoke without thinking, her heart in her throat, because Clint was seconds from bleeding out and this was the exact opposite of what she wanted!

And yet, she couldn't say she was surprised...

She was only surprised it hadn't happened sooner.

"Kaz, don't hurt him! He's my friend, alright? So let him go. Please?"

visualspice

The Soot Wolf's eyes narrowed on Einin before they cut Clint a sharp look as the boy spat,
"Y-yeah! You heard the lady! Now lemme go!"

With a growl, he released Clint, and the boy nearly fell over, groping the nearby window pane as he sputtered for air. But even as Clint was released, the wolf held his blade.
"You know this boy associates with the enemy?" Because despite what Einin stated, his orders were to protect her and show no mercy to any cats. In fact, it was part of his duty to help clean the streets of those flea bags for good, and he got the deep scar over his eye to prove his loyalty, too.

Rhindeer

"I know," Einin said, and gave a long, disappointed sigh, pouring as much disapproval into one breath as was possible.

"He's young, and he's dumb, and he's my friend. He's made some bad choices, but he'd never hurt me." And with a sly smirk Clint's way, she added, "Because he knows I'd kick his ass."

Expression sobering again, she looked back to the Wolf. "Thank you, though. Honestly. You did your job, and you did it well! Keep close, but let me talk to him?"

visualspice

Kaz growled at the revelation, but promptly obeyed. As much as he questioned his obligations here, he was not about to go against pack protocol. And when Kaz finally disappeared back out the window, Clint rushed towards it, making sure he was gone before he looked over at Einin.
And soon he found himself realizing to question..
"What do you mean you'd kick my ass?" And he looked thoroughly offended by it.

Rhindeer

Einin let herself sag with relief. Thank goodness. That could have ended...very, very badly.

Still willing her heart to work properly, she turned to look at Clint when he spoke--and then she grinned at his question.

"I mean exactly what I said," she said with a flip of her hair. "Now then, let's use what happened just now as a learning moment, shall we? That?" She pointed at the window he was standing before. "That whole thing just now? The one where you just about got your throat slit? That is exactly why this is a bad idea."

visualspice

Clint puffed out his chest pompously.
"As if that would ever happen again!" the boy spat, bristling like an angered cat. "They just got me by surprise. If we were on even ground, that man would be begging for mercy at the end of my blade!"
And with a suave slicking of his hair, he gave a wolfish grin towards Einin, "And if you're up for some learning entertainment, why I wouldn't mind some more intimate lessons taught by you."
And his green eyes went up her body, trailing across her hips and chest, before flashing deviously as he met his eyes with hers.

Rhindeer

And when his eyes met with her's, Clint would find that Einin's had narrowed to murderous slits. She crossed her arms over her chest, flushing self-consciously, because she definitely knew what that look meant!

"My fist's about to get really intimate with your nose if you keep looking at me like that," she said through grit teeth.

visualspice

Clint flashed her a toothy grin.
"Fists ain't as fun as lips. Why don't we try to acquaint those instead?"

Rhindeer

Einin glowered at him. "Do you want to get smacked, is that what's happening here?"

visualspice

"What?" he went on, putting his arms up. "Can't help it when you've got a face and body like that! You've grown up into quite the woman, Einin. Quite the woman," he leered. "A shame you're not engaged yet... but perhaps the right man ain't showed up yet?" he went on, jutting out his chin and flashing those pretty white teeth. He had heard enough rumors about her and Ryk Handelaar- enough to know what he believed did and did not happen, but when Ryk's engagement to Lady Swinden was announced, the boy was more than elated. That meant any rumors Einin and he were to be engaged were snuffed out. ANd he held Einin in a high enough regard to presume she wouldn't just be another Handelaar lover- even if he had no idea she sort of was. Of course, he hadn't properly heard about her and the eccentric thief, either. Then again, that might have just been him being ignorant. Which he usually was. Who would get engaged to an Adelan anyways. Or was he Essyrni? Not that it mattered. As far as Clint was concerned, she was still fresh meat in the market- and he? Well, he, a fine prize for a husband, would he not? He figured they'd be a smokin' hot couple-
and well...
He wanted to try some smokin' hot things with her in bed, too.

Rhindeer

"Pffft." Einin rolled her eyes and then gave Clint a mischievous grin, head cocked and eyes hooded. "Who said it had to be a man?"

And it was only half jest, partly to throw Clint off, and partly because...well...why not? And maybe she was feeling a little bitter about men. Of course her parents were pushing her to marry a man, because they needed heirs, and a legacy, and blah, blah, blah. But she knew people didn't always have relations with the opposite sex, and if she'd learned one thing from her brothel visit with Ryk, it was that she hadn't at all minded kissing Ebony. Nor had it felt strange to her. She'd only minded that she was grabby, and a stranger!

She may have also read a racy book that featured two lady knights in a decidedly not-platonic relationship, and that book may have still been in her room, right alongside a similarly racy not-platonic story about a thief and his princess...

Both of which were hidden under her bed because oh Kia no, she did not want anyone learning about that!

What could she say? Recent events had, uh, left her kind of curious. Even with the first-hand experience.

visualspice

Clint was indeed, caught off guard, but in no means deterred. In fact, after the initial shock began to fade, his grin grew.
"Oh... have a lady friend?" he asked, his grin now cat like. "I ain't never seen no two girls kiss. Bet it would be hot!"

Rhindeer

"No!" Einin snapped, and her face colored a little at the thought. "And even if I did, it's not like you'd be invited!"

visualspice

"Oh, so you are admittin' to bein' single?" Clint asked, his grin widening.

Rhindeer

Oh Kia, this was a trap, it was a trap and she knew it!

Einin shifted her eyes away. "And what if I was?"