Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Leathers and Feathers

Started by visualspice, April 24, 2014, 03:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"I dunno, I was worried about them other men I heard you were gonna hook up with. But if you ain't with 'em..." he said, his leer growing a bit more sheepish. "I was, you know, thinkin' perhaps we ought to court."

There, he finally put that out there- and it actually was a lot harder to blurt out than he thought. He was hoping he'd remain all suave and confident, but he felt himself sweating as if he were giving a speech before a crowd. But his skin and blood tingled with anticipation. Would she accept? Because hot damn, did he ever want to kiss those lips! He had the hots for her for ages, and dare he admit well...
He had a lot of fantasies about her at night!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

For all that Einin was being hard on Clint, even she noticed the change in his demeanor, from "suave"and confident, to...oddly nervous as he said the words. And though it was easy to vehemently reject his advances when he was being so...so inappropriate, she looked back over at him when he'd finished, and the anger flooded out of  her.

Because right then, in that moment, he wasn't Clint-the-annoying-perverted-kid-whose-skin-she-was-trying-to-save. He was...

He was Clint her friend, and right then, he looked not only sincere, but also vulnerable.

Einin bit her bottom lip and played with a lock of pink hair, brushing her fingers through it over and over again.

Kia help her.

"Oh, Clint, I..." She let out a sigh, shoulders drooping, and flicked her hair back over her shoulder. How to handle this? This wasn't Clint playing, this was him being serious, and for all her bluff and bluster, she didn't actually want to hurt his feelings.

Stepping over to the window, she took a seat on the ledge and reached for his hand. Then she looked up into his eyes, expression sober. "Clint, I know that probably took a lot of courage just now, but...but you're my friend," she said at last, wincing even as she said it. Was that the right thing? The right wording? Ugh, she was terrible at this! "You're like a little brother to me. It'd just...it'd just be too weird! I still like you, though! Just...not like that. You know?"

She chewed her lip again, heart beating fast. "A-and I'm sure you've heard a lot of things! But I'm just...uh...honestly, I'm kind of really confused right now. About a lot of things. Like, I'm under a lot of pressure to marry and everything, and...I'm sorry."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"So you are engaged?" Clint pressed, for the moment, undeterred.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

So much for vulnerability.

"Uhhh...what? No...why?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"Then you should consider this proposal!" the boy went on, undeterred by the fact she tried to compare him to a little brother. He was beaming. "Court me and let me show you how a man really ought to treat a lady." For clearly, the two men who's names were rolling around that she was more or less possibly fooling around with clearly didn't mean anything to her now! Allow him to scoop in to the rescue! The time was right anyway- except, you know it was a bit awkward he had kind of snuck into her room... through her window...
and stuff.

But didn't that make him appear all the more dashing? He could only hope!

Rhindeer

For a moment, beneath the abject horror that Clint's proposal had birthed in her, it occurred to the more devious side of Einin's brain that this could benefit her.

If she "courted" Clint, she would be safe again for a while. Safe from the badgering, safe from an arranged marriage...potentially. Clint's family was a good one, and her family had long been friends with his, and when they were younger and she was pushing his face in the mud, her parents had made many infuriating jokes that, clearly, it was puppy love and they might one day marry. Even though she suspected he was a bit younger than they were hoping for. Which was well and good, because aside from being like a brother to her, he was definitely too young for Einin's tastes!

...Apparently she liked them older.

But it would have worked! She could accept that proposal, agree to the courtship, and be safe. It would be terribly awkward, and she'd have to make a lot of things crystal clear to Clint (no kissing, no touching, etcetera), but...it would benefit her.

For a split second, beneath the building horror, she actually found herself considering it.

But that consideration died as quickly as it was born, and she felt suddenly ashamed for even thinking about it.

Clint was her friend.

And he had a massive thing for her!

She wasn't going to use her friend like that.

With a grimace, Einin shook her head. "Clint, I...did you miss where I said you're like a brother?! They have a word for that, you know!"

visualspice

Clint was still grinning. She hadn't denied him yet so there was still hope!
"Yeah, I heard ya, but people can change, Einin. Maybe what you think of as another love could be different."

Rhindeer

Einin lifted an eyebrow and tilted her head, eying him skeptically. "Oh?"

visualspice

"Yeah, who's to say I couldn't sweep you off your feet?" he said, approaching her more closely as she slicked back his already slicked back blonde hair. "Come out with me tonight. Without your parents knowing. You know you want to. I know all of the best places to sneak around at night. You won't be disappointed."

Little did the night time wonder wannabe realize what Einin's alter ego was capable of, or had done, but ignorance was bliss- and he was determined to prove himself worthy enough to woo her. And a bit cocky to think it would only take one night!

"Come on.." he said, offering out his hand. "Do you trust me?"

Rhindeer

...Hmmm!

Einin pressed her lips together with the effort not to laugh at the irony of it all. Having an alter ego, as she was learning, could be kind of frustrating! Namely, the part where she had to feign ignorance and pretend to be more delicate than she actually was. Of course people knew she took fencing lessons! And of course people knew she'd always been a little tomboyish. But no one realized how intense her fencing lessons were, and that she wasn't being taught the courtly version. And there was a difference between climbing trees in her garden, and scaling walls and adventuring out into the city at night to run around among thugs.

All that meant was that if she agreed, she had to really scale back her knowledge and...let him do most of the work. And pretend to be amazed and stuff.

That was always so frustrating!

But, admittedly...it was also a lot more fun than hanging around here. And she'd been doing a lot of hanging around here. Sure, she'd kept up her lessons once she was well enough to, and even taken some lessons from the Scavenger Wolves, but nothing dangerous, and nothing that took her into the city alone. She missed her adventures, but couldn't stop jumping at shadows. Not yet.

This...might actually not be a bad idea. A good way to start slow, work herself back up.

And it also might show her some new haunts--and give her a good idea of where Clint frequented so she could bust his ass later!

She paused a moment, seeming to consider it. She couldn't look too eager, after all!

"Are...you sure that's a good idea?" she asked finally, biting her bottom lip. "What if we get caught?"

visualspice

"Of course it's a bad idea!" he told her with a laugh. "That's why we're doing it. For the thrill." And he kept his hand extended for her, those green eyes of him sparkling with glee.
"Well? The moon ain't getting any younger! And if we get caught, we'll just run like hell!"

It sounded fun to him!

Rhindeer

"I dunno, Clint..." Einin pretended to struggle over the decision, biting at her thumbnail as though it were a tough choice. Finally, she took his hand. "Ummm...okay! Why not? Live a little, right? Oh, wait. I can't go out like this! Give me a second, alright?"

She tugged her hand free and went to her wardrobe, then turned around and gave Clint a stern look. "Face the window. Now that you'll be able to see anything, but I swear if I catch you trying to peek around my changing screen..."

She let the threat hang in the air, so he could draw his own conclusions. Then, grabbing a casual dress from her wardrobe, she slipped behind her screen to change. She had also grabbed her new thigh harness to wear beneath it, and slipped her ice dagger into its sheath. While she couldn't take her sword with her, since she couldn't let on she wasn't new to this, she wasn't about to go anywhere unarmed.

When she was done, she stepped out from behind the screen. "Now I'm ready."

visualspice

Oh how he desperately wanted to peek, but to see her silhouette as she changed, for now..., was enough for him! Though in all honesty, he wished she would go out in her night dress. She was pretty hot in that thing! And when she returned, he was wondering if she'd have noticed the bulge in his pants.

"I like that color on you," he said, moving swiftly to her side and latching her arm around hers. "Shall we?" And he gave a gesture towards the window. Yep, this trip included them both sneaking out the same way Clint had come in.

Rhindeer

Einin rolled her eyes at Clint at his comment, but linked arms with him and started for the window. "Indeed, let's be off! Though, ah..."

She nodded toward the window they were heading for. "How are you planning on doing this, exactly?"

visualspice

"How do you think I got up here?" And he gave her a wink and a big, multi-dimpled smile. Though it was before the window he paused and laughed at her. "Why? You afraid of doin' a little climbing?"
That did not seem like the Einin he knew!

Rhindeer

"Of course not," Einin said with a laugh. Even though Clint wouldn't know about her adventures as Owl, everyone knew that she'd always been a tomboy, always getting yelled at for climbing trees and roughhousing in unladylike ways.

"But I am concerned about the guards. How did you evade them?"

visualspice

"Bait and switch," he told her, smile like a cat that got into the cream. And he demonstrated for her, after climbing down to the bottom, and tossed a rock up into a tree on the opposing side of the fence. He held his breath and watched as the guards went to investigate, before creeping out the front- when suddenly the door creaked.

"Aww, shit."
Looks like someone hadn't oiled it!

Rhindeer

OH GODS!

To Einin, that creak sounded like a bloodcurdling screech, a cringe-worthy thing that crawled beneath her skin like wriggling, scratching insects. It felt like the whole world could hear it! And certainly every guard!

And there Clint was, freezing up!

AGH!

"What are you doing?! Don't just stand there!" she whispered, and grabbed his arm before hauling off away from the fence, and off to a nearby bed of roses. She pulled him in after her as she crawled in among the plants and crouched down low; she knew all the good hiding places--and also all the best ways to get out! Which made this all the more painful, because she couldn't let on to Clint that she knew the best way to get out of here, and that his way was terrible!

visualspice

Clint made a noise as they fell into the roses, wincing as he felt one cut his cheek, and just about everywhere else.
"What the hell, Einin. Why did you-"
But then he was holding his breath as the guards drew near.

Rhindeer

Einin slapped a hand over Clint's mouth as soon as he started to speak, and waited tensely as the guards went over to investigate the gate. And then, seeing it slightly ajar, the one closest to it spoke in hushed tones to the others, and pointed, and Einin saw their hands go to their swords as the others spread out to search the perimeter and the one remained near the gate.

Oh shit...oh shit...