Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Leathers and Feathers

Started by visualspice, April 24, 2014, 03:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Black leather. Sexy black leather. It certainly sounded like a good idea at the time, especially on his first real night of banditry. The thrill of how dangerous it was, coupled with the fact he thought he looked down right sexy, maybe even a little dashing in his all black leather, tight fighting attire, helped to boost Clint West's confidence as he strutted his stuff trough the night. Though after realizing strutting wasn't exactly stealthy, he made adjustments to the way he walked until he got to the wealthier end of town- His side of town, and let his green eyes glisten and his mouth water at the prospect of all the jewels he could pluck in the name of criminals!

What fun! He could not believe he was doing this, and had to do everything in his power to stop himself from giggling with glee. A smile had already consumed most of his face, dimples upon dimples lining his cheeks as he began to make his way into the back garden to the Beirne Estate. It wasn't the first time he'd been here. After all, his family was close to the Beirne's and they visited them at least once a year, when propriety dictated. And well, to be honest, he thought the Beirne's had a smokin' hot daughter. So. though while guilty for taking this assignment, part of him was also giggling over the fact he might be able to sneak a peak of Einin in her night gown. And he wondered how much he might be able to see through her silks.

Round the back he knew where the servant's quarters was, and not just that, but where a certain side of the estate held a series of strong suited vines climbing up the top. He knew precisely where the vines would go, and upon seeing the young woman's window open- it made his white teeth flash into the night.

Internally, he was mwahahaha-ing, while gloved hands now found their way into a tricky climb, but being so lithe and nimble and light weight, it didn't take long for him to reach the top-
and when he peered in- he go ta face full of curtains. But upon seeing the silouhette of something... that he believed was down right scandalous... the ends of his lips began to curl, and slowly, he peeked through the curtains to get a look- a look at hopefully either Einin in the nude, or at least some sort of panty or nighty view.
HE COULD ONLY HOPE.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Einin felt restless.

Normally, on a night like this, she would be outdoors. Exploring the town, getting in and out of trouble, the usual. But after everything that had happened, her family had upped security around the place--and not only that, but she simply didn't feel ready. She knew she could probably still sneak out with a little illusion, and that the Wolves were close by--but she couldn't yet work herself up to it.

So stupid. She was serious when she said she wanted to become a knight, and she certainly wouldn't get there by letting fear freeze her. And yet, her head was still filled with memories, her skin remembered the sensations, and she just couldn't stomach it. She wasn't ready. She needed more training.

And yet, this was no better.

Stuck with supervision and restricted to the grounds (both by her own doing, and by her parents), she felt like she was slowly going mad. Her muscles needed to be stretched, and she felt claustrophobic indoors, and there was still so much to do. Like end her fake engagement, and figure out a backup plan. She didn't even know where to begin. And so she cracked open a window to get some air and help her feel a little less claustrophobic, and wound up pacing her room, book in front of her nose, until she felt tired enough to sleep.

Because she needed to be exhausted to sleep. She wanted her sleep to be dreamless.

When she finally felt herself winding down, she tossed the book aside and went to her wardrobe. And she had been about to change into her nightgown, but movement out of the corner of her eye drew her attention and she jerked her dress back over her shoulders and spun to face it. Sure, she had cracked the window for some air, but it was not nearly so breezy out for the curtain to move like that, and maybe she was being paranoid, but her heart beat quicker and for a second she held her breath to listen.

Another time, and she might not have noticed. It was subtle, after all, that movement. But she had been on hyper-alert ever since the goblins and her first thought was that she'd been found. Grabbing the first blunt object she could reach--a large candle holder, which was thick and heavy enough to be a club--she headed for the window--

And threw it open the rest of the way.

Hard, and with every intent to bash into whatever might be lurking just outside it.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"Sweet fucking Kia's crown!" The boy exclaimed, just as the candle stick came smashing down a mere inch from him on the sill. He had almost lost his balance, almost, but found himself gripping to the window ledge even tighter now as he adjusted his weight to look from candle stick to woman, who was still half masked in the soft drapery.

Then in order to avoid a second smashing, the nimble 'cat' hefted himself onto the ledge, but so hasty was he in his actions, oil slicked boots caught onto the curtains and with a noisy, "Oh fuck!!!" He went down onto the bedroom floor ina tangle of drapes, which were freed from their hooks in a quick and mighty rip!

Now the boy lay, in a ghostly and flailing heap of white curtains, and all the while he was floundering around looking for an exit in this thing, he was swearing up a storm like a hissing cat. And somehow in his nearly blind flailing, he smashed into a side table and broke a vase, then crashed into her bedside, making the canopy fall crookedly on it's decorative tines, and then teetered away on uneven boot steps to bash right into the book shelf, and down a series of raining books went, popping him on the head, shoulder and wherever else he was so unfortunate to be struck, as the boy was down right growling now before he gave a final, angered tug at the sheets. He now freed his face, and neck, then most of his torso, to reveal a boy wearing a mask, askew, and his once slicked back blonde hair now remaining in choppy, cheek length pieces about his face. And now he was still surly in his words, realizing he had back tracked and had himself positioned, thighs against the base of her bed.

Ooc: since Clint is swearing up a storm, she might be able to easily identify him from his choice of words XD Clint has quite the... Expressive and colorful vocabulary :T If not that's also fine, but Clint is the worst stealthy person EVER.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

The voice surprised her. It surprised Einin enough that, lucky for the boy, she paused and didn't bash him over the head with the candlestick. That voice was human, and not only that, but it was young.

And familiar.

But a second later and she wished she had thwacked him, because he hefted himself up--and came tearing through her room.

Quite literally.

The curtains ripped, he broke a vase, and Einin just stood back and watched as he...basically beat himself up for her. Candlestick still in hand, she waited it out and looked for an opening, but as it turned out, she might not have to do much work at all, for he was a tangled wreck. Not that she still didn't plan on handling this with her own hands, because she did, because if her suspicions were correct (and the more he swore, the more familiar his voice), then there was going to be hell to pay.

Finally, he came to a stop, and got untangled enough to reveal his upper body--and blond hair. And Einin's eyes narrowed to murderous slits.

Marching over to him, a well aimed kick swept his legs out from under him (easy enough, with the sheet still trapping them), and another kick in the chest put him on his back. Dropping down on top of him before he could recover, she pinned him, her knees on his elbows to trap them at his sides and the candlestick raised in one hand to show she meant business.

With her other hand, she ripped the mask off--and glared down into those familiar eyes.

"You lecherous little--I ought to bash your head in!" she snapped, grabbing the front of his shirt and giving him a shake. "What the fuck are you thinking?! What is wrong with you?!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Clint let out a yelp and fell onto his backside on her bed, and though, perhaps if he had his wits about him in the moment, and if the girl over top of him wasn't about to kill him with her eyes, he would have found this kinky, but then she went about tearing off his mask.
"Hey!" he barked, growing angry himself as he tried to reach for it, but then she gave him a good shake and that look and the boy grit his teeth and with drew his hand.
"What does it look like I'm doing?" he said, with an extra puff to his chest and now, dawning that obnoxious Clint West grin. "I'm a Mountain Cat now," he stated proudly. "So you've caught yourself an animal."

Rhindeer

"You know what people do with trapped animals?" Einin said, still glaring down at him. "They skin them. And you! A Mountain Cat? Have you lost your bloody mind?! I really should bash your brains in, maybe that would unscramble them enough for you to realize how stupid you are!"

With a frustrated growl, for she was feeling especially prickly and jumpy after everything that had gone down, she dropped the candlestick by his head (where it landed with a loud, ominous thunk) and rolled off of him. Rising to her feet, she brushed off the front of her dress then stared down at him with her arms crossed over her chest.

"So do Mountain Cats make a habit of sneaking into women's rooms at night?"

visualspice

Clint was grinning ear to ear as she went on, trying to lecture him. Ah, let the innocent maiden think what she would. He was going to make something of himself.
"Well, if you'd want to take of this leather... I'd be more than happy to let ya," he told her with a saucy wink, and laughed off any thoughts of him being in idiot.

But truthfully, he was afraid she really was going to hit him, and was a little more than relieved when she let it go. Thank Kia she did. But seeing as she withdrew from her moment of ferocity, he rose up more properly and grinned even broader at her last statement.

"Well, if you want me to... I could make it a nightly occasion."

Rhindeer

Einin drew a deep breath, though her hands balled into fists. "That is the complete opposite of what I want. I want you to keep your clothes on, and I want you to never, ever do this again, to me or any other girl, you understand? Because this, my friend? Is creepy! And I can't guarantee you'll survive another encounter if you do! You're lucky it was just a candlestick. There were worse things I could have grabbed, but that was the closest!"

Like the knife she had taken to sleeping with under her pillow. You know. Just in case.

Beginning to pace, she picked up the candlestick, put it back in its place, and turned her back on him so she could start fixing her room. "But while you're here, you can help me clean up the mess you made. I hope you've at least made some money working for these Cats because you owe me for the curtains and the vase." Truthfully, she didn't care about either, but it was the principle of the matter. He had committed a criminal act, so he needed to pay for his crimes!

"You're lucky I don't turn you in. Though maybe I will! The Mountain Cats, really?! Do you have any concept of what you've signed up for?" she asked, putting her books back where they belonged.

visualspice

"You know, you don't need to lecture me, Einin!" he barked back. "I ain't no kid.  I know what I'm doing."

Rhindeer

Einin turned to look at him, lips pressed into a thin line. "Alright. Then tell me, what are you doing?"

visualspice

Clint fixed his leather shirt and slicked back his hair, making himself appear more re presentable.
"Making a name for myself."

Rhindeer

"Making a name for yourself. As a criminal?" Einin shot back, and scoffed. "A fine name that'll be when you're swinging from the gallows."

visualspice

"Whoever said I'd swing from the gallows?" he said, sounding a bit too confident for his own good. "If anything, I'll be famous." And he gave another suave slick of his hand through his hair.

Rhindeer

"Considering how easily I caught you, you'll be famous, all right," Einin laughed, and shoved the last book onto her shelf. "Not for the reasons you want."

visualspice

Clint gave a light sniff. He had been neglecting helping her, and had only re shelved a few books while he was going off about his 'fame'.
"Yeah, well, I gotta start somewhere," he said, flashing her a sheepish grin. "But you know how it is. It's like we're invisible sometimes to these people." And in his head, he knew how these people were- but perhaps, he hadn't realized, she did not. "They go on with their lives as if we ain't nothing." He gave another sniff and raise of his nose. "And I see the way you look at the knights. I know that ain't lust." Or so he hoped. He could be calling a big bluff here for her, but he'd always watched Einin, though from a distance. "Don't you ever wish you could do something big? Well," if he had suspenders, he'd snap them. "Now's my chance!"

Rhindeer

Einin gave him a sidelong look, eyes narrowed. "Who said it's not lust?" she asked with a grin and a light laugh. "Certainly not me."

Which was the truth--just not in the way he implied. She did lust after them--the idea of them, of their position, of everything they stood for and all the adventures they had. She wanted to be one of them. And, alright, so sometimes she did let let herself indulge some fantasy of maybe falling head over heels for a fellow knight and everything that could entail, but that was a secret she would take to her grave. It wasn't that she didn't have those sorts of feelings; it was just that it kind of scared her.

"Anyway, there were plenty of ways you could make a name for yourself that didn't involve criminal acts and working for just...the lowest kind of criminal, at that! What about becoming a knight? What about putting some good into the world?"

visualspice

"A knight?" Clint made a face and shook his head, turning away from her as she replied, "My parents would kill me if I tried." He was their only son and heir, after all. But that wouldn't stop them from disowning him. "I figure this way, I can do what I want, where I want, and get to wear this sexy leather at night!"
Naturally, he ignored the part he was doing all of this as a criminal, but hey, maybe even he had the same dreams as she...
But to have his parents outright admonish it... was something else. Maybe if he proved himself this way, became stronger.. where he had always been clumsy with a sword, since his parents never saw fit to teach him proper... maybe then, they might consider....

Or take the path he was already on and become a sexy, midnight vigilante! Or well.. he supposed in his cause... a 'criminal'.

Rhindeer

Einin wanted to shake him. Just take him by the shoulders and shake him until his brain rattled around enough to knock those stupid ideas out of his head!

Instead, she sank her face into her hand and pinched the bridge of her nose. "And they're not going to kill you when they discover their son's running with Mountain Cats?! Clint, this is pretty much the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And you've said a lot of stupid things."

With a sigh, she looked over her hand at him. "How long have you been doing this?"

visualspice

Clint was trying not to let her words get to him,  but it was becoming increasingly more difficult beneath her scrutiny. He wanted to impress her, not have her laughing at him like the rest. And this was his first real night at this. How was itshe could make him feel so stupid? Was it the same reason that compelled him to impress her by actually eating worms for her? Granted, that happened so many years ago.

"Yeah, well, sometimes good ideas start out stupid," he said, trying to ignore his flush of shame from her comment as he.moved to try to slick back his hair, only to have more blond locks fall about his face. And at her last question, his frown grew but his voice became quieter. "Since last Thursday."

Damnit it! He should have lied! That, he realized, made him sound even more pathetic. But then again, he couldn't even bring himself to do it. And now he was fighting internally to hold onto his pride. Was she going to laugh at him now? And what about Clayton? That ass. He'd find some way to turn him into some mockery, make him a laughing stock. And then he'd win at this. Again. For all he knew, even the girl he'd been crushing on all his life was in love with him too, and boy was his blood beginning to boil at that. Blinking back what were NOT tears, he turned to her with a smile.

"And I gotta start somewhere if people are to see me like some hero of the night. You know, like the night bird rumors that have been spreading. Who knows, maybe that guy needs some help! Night time hero's have to stick together." Even if, okay, technically his side was the enemy.

Rhindeer

Night bird rumors? There were rumors now? Einin felt a jolt of pride and curiosity. Well, she had managed to save a shop keeper from a burning building, right before...well, before everything went bad. Unlike her other ventures, there had been a large audience for that, too. Fortunately, none of them had seen what had happened after that.

Hearing that there were now rumors repaired some of her damaged pride and stoked the flames that had simmered down a little from lingering anxiety and night terrors. A hero of the night, huh? That's right. That was exactly what she wanted to be, and exactly what she was trying to do.

It was just too bad that her nighttime antics had inspired Clint in the wrong direction.

"Clint..." Einin brushed her hair back from her face. His eyes were shining and too bright, the tell-tale sign of unshed tears, and she could hear the determination in his voice. He wasn't much younger than her, him at sixteen, her a month away from eighteen--but right then she felt a lot older. He had no idea what he was getting himself into. He had no idea what sorts of horrors await him.

She hadn't known, either, until that first night meeting Rufus. She hadn't know the entirety of it until very recently.

He kind of reminded her of how she'd been what felt like so many months ago, but was scarcely that. Things escalated quickly.

"Clint, I think the, ah...the night bird is probably okay. And besides, you're on the wrong side for helping him," she said. "If you're a Mountain Cat, you wouldn't be his ally. You'd be his enemy. If he caught you, he'd turn you in."

Tags: