Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Candy-Coated Heart of Darkness! [Aeyt!] [M]

Started by Rhindeer, May 20, 2014, 01:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Einin tried on several dresses before she settled on The One, a pretty dress done in white and violet, that came off the shoulders and showed just a hint of cleavage. Or, well, it would have if she'd had much to show, but her bodice did give it its best effort. Still, she liked the design, and it would work for a day wandering around outside. The material wasn't too heavy, and the sleeves ended at her elbows, so they wouldn't get caught on anything. Perfect faire garb, she thought!

But as she looked at herself in her mirror, she wondered if, maybe, she should change. She reached up and tugged the sleeves up to cover her shoulders, then pushed them back down, frowning as she compared. Too much? Was her neckline too low? It wasn't as low-cut as the dress she'd worn to the ball, but she still wondered at her choice. Argh! Why was she even concerned about that? It was a nice day out! It would be nice to feel the sun on her skin, and there was nothing wrong with that!

She checked her hair one final time, though she was sure it wouldn't stay in place long, for it was a little breezy out. She had spent most of her time debating what to do with her hair, whether she should pull it up and out of the way or wear it down, and had finally settled on wearing it down and loose, with a few locks pulled back into a single braid that trailed down the center. It was a simple style that had taken more time to decide on than to execute, but she thought it looked nice. Not too flashy, but not too plain, either.

Not that she cared about that or anything, of course!

"This must be a very special faire," her handmaiden commented as Einin fussed at her vanity, entering the room to collect her linens. She had finished Einin's hair half an hour ago, and looked amused to see her still debating. "I don't think I've ever seen you take so long."

"What? No way. I've taken this long before..." Einin said as she put on a simple necklace. Too much for a faire outing? She took the necklace back off. "And it hasn't been that long. I just haven't been to a faire in a while. I don't want to over or under-dress, you know. How do I look?"

"Like a lady that's going to be late if she doesn't hurry!" her handmaiden told her, and when Einin snorted, she added with a smile, "You look lovely. Now go! Master Handelaar is waiting downstairs."

"He is? How long has he been here?" Einin's pulse quickened, and she told herself it was because she didn't expect him here yet.

"I'm not sure, dear. I just glimpsed him when I was coming back here."

Einin fiddled with a lock of hair, then tossed it over her shoulder and grabbed her handbag. "Guess I better not keep him waiting, then," she said, and rolled her shoulders back like she was preparing to march into battle. Heading out her room, she trotted down the stairs, heading  over to where he was and smacking him lightly on the arm with her bag in greeting.

"About time you showed."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Ryk Handelaar, wealthy merchant, knew exactly what he'd wear. It was the same thing he wore every day. The only difference would be the color of his vest and the matching color trim on his coat. He had chosen purple for today, and the color stood out beautifully against his white shirtsleeves. He pulled on his coat, and straightened his cravat, hiding any evidence of the white shirt beneath. Down his stairs he went at a trot, and out the front door to the prepared carriage. He enjoyed the ride from his merchant estate to the Noble Beirne manor.

It was not a long ride, and as they pulled up, a Beirne servant was waiting to open his coach and welcome him inside. Lord Beirne was thrilled to see Ryk, and came to chat, shaking his hand vigorously, discussing a little business. He also mentioned that the Beirne's were going to be at the festival themselves, after all Lord Beirne had been one of the man proponents of the idea. Ryk had masterfully manipulated several nobles into 'coming up with' the idea. His Wolves would line their pockets, and the people of the city would get a reprieve from their daily lives.

Lady Beirne came to usher her husband away, wishing Master Handelaar a good morning, just as lovely Einin was descending the stairs. Ryk caught sight of her from the corner of his eye, and turned to watch her descend. She did it with little grace of a lady, seeming more rushed than she need to be, but still she was beautiful. His eyes did not leave her once as she came down the stairs. She greeted him in her usual rough fashion, never one to over sell being a lady, hitting him with a little purse.

"It seems to me that I am right on time," Ryk said with a smile, "and you are looking very lovely Lady Beirne. I would wait eternity for one such as you to grace me with her beauty. Are you ready to depart m'lady?" He offered Einin his arm in a very gentlemanly way, inclining his head toward the door.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Uh huh," Einin said with a grin, taking his arm. "I'm sure it wouldn't be a lonely eternity, considering you could wait at the Lech. As for me? Of course I'm ready. I've been ready."

He didn't need to know about all her last minute adjustments.

Looking up at him as they headed out the door, she arched an eyebrow when she got a better look at his attire. Purple trim? No way. He couldn't have known.

"We match," she said, blinking. "That's a funny coincidence."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"Indeed it is," Ryk replied, "did you have someone spy on me and see what vest and coat I set out last night? I did choose this last night after all." He gave Einin a small smile. The chances were she's wear pink or lavender or another soft, feminine color. Purple was a safe choice to match any of them. "I'm just glad you didn't wear orange or yellow, we wouldn't have matched at all then."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin made a face. "Ew, no! Orange and yellow look terrible on me," she said. "Makes me look jaundiced."

Tossing her bangs out of her eyes, she lifted one shoulder in a shrug. "Anyway, yes, you caught me red-handed. You now know my secret! I sent a little bird to spy on you because I desperately wanted to match you, because...I don't know, just because! I am deeply invested in your fashion choices and planned this down to the thread and totally didn't just decide on this dress last minute."

Aeytrious

Ryk guided Einin down her front steps to the waiting carriage. Her servant closed the door for them after they had entered and taken their seats. Ryk then reached for her hand, taking it lightly in his.

"I am pleasantly surprised that you went out of your way to look so gorgeous for me," he brushed the back of her hand with his lips, "I am truly honored by the display. You are a wondrous sight to behold." He released her as they began moving and he looked out the window to be sure they were headed down the route he had specified the driver take.

"I was out late on business, and so I chose sleep over breakfast today," he turned to her smiling, "I hope you don't mind a stop at a bakery. They have the most delicious sweet breads, and pudding filled rolls. I would love for you to try one. This whole day is at my expense by the way. I see you brought a purse, but I will not have you pay for a thing. A lady never pays when a gentleman calls on her."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Taking her hand back, Einin folded her hands in her lap and looked past him, out the window at the scenery rolling by. She tried to will herself not to blush, but that was a skill she had yet to master, and she hated how her face betrayed her. "I dressed for me," she muttered, but even as she said it, she felt like she had been caught in a lie. She just wanted to look decent, was all. Nothing wrong with that!

She had just begun to notice that the route they were taking was not the direct route to the faire when Ryk spoke up, and she couldn't help but perk at the word 'bakery'. Oh yeah. One would never find her turning that down! And then, at the announcement that this day was on him...

"Is it? Oh, good!" Einin said with a shit-eating grin, and opened her purse to show that it was empty, save for a comb and a pocket mirror. "That works out fabulously, because I didn't bring any money! I sort of figured I could weasel stuff out of you, and besides..."

She swung the little handbag by the strap, twirling it on two fingers. "...it's pretty foolish, in general, to carry money in such an obvious place, don't you think?"

Aeytrious

"Yes," Ryk said with a smile, "it is a foolish place to keep coin, but ladies tend to do it anyway. You could easily handle a purse snatcher though, so it would not be as foolish for you." He reached into his vest then and pulled out a finely crafted dagger, with a polished hilt that would fit perfect in Einin's hand. It was in a leather sheath, on a very short strap.

"This is for you," he pulled the dagger out to show it to her, then placed it back in it's holster. "It goes on your thigh, for when you cannot carry your sword, such as today. If you lift your skirts, I will put on just above your knee. Then you can adjust to a better height, where you likely prefer I not place my hands." His grin was crooked then, a sleight touch of his lecherous charm slipping through. Of course that was completely intended. He made it very clear, every day, that he found her beautiful and wanted to put his hands on her for more than just her training.

"Well?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Uh..." Einin stared at Ryk, then at the dagger, and then back at him, and for a moment she couldn't respond, because a very intrusive thought slipped through--curiosity over what it would feel like if he touched her. The thought came unbidden, startling her, and she let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding and quickly shook her head. Her eyes dropped back to the dagger as though afraid he could read her thoughts.

"Er, that's...that quite alright. I'm pretty sure I can handle that! Though, uh, thanks for the dagger," she said, and held her hand out for it.

Aeytrious

Ryk handed it over without complaint. His grin quirked a bit as he shrugged at Einin's decision to put the dagger in place on her own. Maneuvering the dagger into place on her own very well might give him a peek at her under garments, and those would be a clue to how far he could push the boundaries today. A lady only wore pretty undergarments if she intended them to be seen. The more lace, the better his chances. But she better move quickly, as they would be at the bakery shortly, and it would not do to have anyone see her with her skirts hiked up. Even if he was sitting across from her when they spied her that way. Or perhaps especially if he was sitting across from her when they spied her that way.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Taking the dagger, Einin set it on the seat beside her, threw Ryk a look. "Look away, will you?" she said, and twisted her body so the side as best as she could before she pulled her skirts up to the knee. She fiddled with her dress to try to carefully arrange it so nothing else flashed, though it still felt...immodest...to be showing off so much leg, and because of that, she hurried.

Well, hurried as much as she could. It wasn't exactly easy strapping on a dagger when she was trying to expose as little as possible and her skirts kept wanting to fall back down (the bumpy carriage ride was not helping). Worse, when she glanced out the window get an idea of where they were, she saw the bakery approaching.

Which meant her choices were, hurry up! Or...be left holding a dagger she really shouldn't have her hands on.

She chose to hurry, lifting her skirt up a little higher and quickly strapping the dagger on, then tugging it up higher as she tried to find a position where the sheathed blade would rest comfortably along her thigh without hitting her knee. Glancing at Ryk, she fixed her skirts again and then tried to adjust it through her skirts, because it needed to go near her upper thigh, and there was just no great way to do that without showing a lot more than she wanted to. But the carriage was slowing, and she was growing flustered, because her attempts at not showing anything were just slowing her down. With a curse under her breath--she did not want to be caught like this, either!--she finally gave into frustration and yanked her skirt to her upper thigh, quickly buckled the straps, and then yanked them back down again.

"Bloody hell! That didn't have to be that difficult!" she grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest and looking anywhere but at Ryk.

If he had been paying attention, he could have easily gotten a peek of her shorter shift, which she had tried to keep hidden, but which had inevitably flashed. And it was, indeed, trimmed with pink lace.

Aeytrious

From his careful peripheral vision observation of the squirming, and struggling Einin went through to position the dagger without showing off her lovely legs, which she showed off gloriously, Ryk caught sight of her pink lace slip. Even slightly sexy undergarments like that one were designed to make a woman feel good about a man seeing her in it. Her frustration with the struggle led to a bit of colorful language, and his smile grew at such unladylike behavior.

"Such a pretty mouth can form such foul words? I am amazed at your many talents," his smile grew a bit more innocent as he looked her over. Her skirts were slightly disheveled, but nothing a bit of standing up wouldn't fix. Luckily the carriage had arrived at their destination. Ryk opened the door and stepped out, offering his hand to the young Lady Beirne.

"The bakery awaits my dear."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin took Ryk's hand and hopped down out of the carriage. She rolled her eyes at him, grinning. "Oh, c'mon. Like you haven't heard worse from me," she said, and gave her skirts a little shake to fix them. It was true; her language could get quite colorful during training, provided it was just the two of them. Frustration brought it out of her as readily as stubbed toes, but she still didn't like swearing if her parents were around.

As they headed for the bakery, she took in a deep breath, and the wonderful smells of fresh-baked bread and sweets filled her nose and made her belly rumble. "I don't know how I've never been here before," she said, taking another deep breath. "But this? Makes me really glad I tied my bodice looser. Beat you there!"

Releasing Ryk's arm, she lifted her skirts and trotted along past him, racing for the door.

Aeytrious

Ryk watched Einin race past and jogged after, watching to catch glimpses of her stockinged legs. They had such a lovely shape, and led to such a lovely rump. She beat him to the door, as he was not trying to win, but getting there just behind her, he reached for the handle, pulling it open for her in a chivalrous manner.

"After you gorgeous," Ryk smiled and gave Einin a polite bow before she entered. Was that extra color in her cheeks he noticed? As Ryk entered behind Einin, the baker looked up from the dough he was kneading, and greeted them with a wide smile and a wave.

"Welcome back Master Handelaar," the baker said, quite pleased to see Ryk enter, "such a lovely guest you've brought me this morning." The baker directed his next comment to Einin, "he's come once a week, at least, for the past several years, and never brought a companion." He pounded his fist a few more times into the mix before abandoning it to come to the front counter.

"What can I get for the both of you today?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin had been about to gloat over her "victory" when Ryk opened the door for her--and, indeed, her cheeks did warm at the compliment. Hoping he wouldn't notice, Einin turned and bolted inside, once again feeling strangely off balance. Of course, compliments did have that effect; they left her feeling awkward on a normal day, but coming from Ryk lately, they left her feeling even more flustered.

It was just how he was, though, right? Lecherous and flirtatious? Trying to get a rise out of her? But it didn't mean anything, right?

Except when the baker mentioned she was the first person Ryk had brought here before, despite being a regular...

"Never...?" she repeated, that familiar nervous flutter returning. She glanced over at Ryk, then looked away just as quickly, and when the baker cleared his throat, she abruptly realized she'd just sort of been standing there dumbly.

Right. He'd asked a question!

"Oh! Ah, do you have any cherry tarts?"

Aeytrious

"Cherries are only just coming into season, and are a bit expensive," the baker began, "however, I received a crate of them in the wee hours of the morning as I was just arriving. They came with a note asking that I prepare some cherry tarts in honor of the festival." The baker finished relaying the story with an authentic belly laugh, that shook through to his core. "Perhaps someone knew you were a fan?"

The Baker winked at Einin, giving the clear message that he knew the cherries had come from Ryk. He went to the back to fetch a tray, and brought some tarts to the front. Some were only minutes old, wafting their hot scents up into the air, mixing with, then overpowering, th smell of sweet custard, and lemon.

"I have replaced the usual almond flavored cream with a plain sweet cream, and I have a few variations," the baker set the cooling tray on a rack on the counter for Einin to see. The little tarts were just big enough for two bites. All of the pretty little crusts were filled with cherries but they were styled and decorated in a myriad of ways. Some were sprinkled with sugar, some drizzled with chocolate, others swimming in a red -likely cherry- syrup. It didn't stop there. The crusts were hand crafted into different shapes. Stars, hearts, flowers, suns, and different geometrical shapes.

"You can have two, on me," the baker said with a smile, "one for being the first guest of Master Handelaar, and one for being so beautiful."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin's cheeks were nearly as bright as the cherries in the tarts, for the message in that wink was clear, and it set her head spinning. This had all been planned! Meticulously, at that! And that Ryk had managed to be observant enough to suss out, and remember, one of her favorite fruits (her other being peaches) just for this? How long had he been thinking about this?

That had to cost a lot, too!

"What a merry coincidence," she said, forcing her voice to steadiness and pointedly not looking at Ryk, because her heart was beating fast and she wasn't sure what her face might betray. All the things he'd given her over the last week or so. All the little jokes about her falling in love with him, or about wanting to marry her. All the touches, too, but she had convinced herself he was just trying to get a rise out of her, but that kiss...and now, a crate of cherries for tarts, and bringing her where he'd brought no one else.

She swallowed, staring at the fresh tray of tarts laid out before her but hardly seeing them.

Were those just jokes?

"These are all really lovely," she finally managed to say, forcing herself back to the present as the smells hit her nose. "I...wow. Thank you. They really look amazing, it's so hard to choose! Ah...I think...hmm...this one--" She pointed to a sun-shaped one drizzled with chocolate. "--and this one." She pointed to a flower-shaped one covered in the red syrup.

Aeytrious

The baker reached down as Einin pointed, and plucked each of the tarts she indicated from the tray. He handed them to her with beeswax coated, gossamer thin paper. After she had taken them he waited expectantly for her to try one, but Ryk spoke up first.

"Fill one of your paper trays with an assortment of them," Ryk told the baker, "and I'd like my usual vanilla custard filled, maple éclair." Ryk put twice the coin of what he'd requested on the counter along with an additional order slip for delivery to his home. The Baker scooped the money into a drawer before heading off to grab the éclair and a stiff paper tray with a raised lip around it.

The baker handed the éclair to Ryk in the same paper and he immediately took a large bite of it. The smile that spread across his face and the sigh of pleasure were distinct signs pointing to the quality of the pastry. The baker loaded the tray with a tightly fit thirteen tarts, which he handed to Ryk, whose hands were now empty as he finished the delicious treat for breakfast.

"That was delicious. I'll have another sir."

As the baker returned again with another pastry for Ryk. The morning rush of patrons began to flow in, and the bakers two assistants walked in from whatever task they'd been at in the back.

"Good luck keeping up with the crowds from the festival," Ryk waved a farewell to the baker, who nodded and quickly returned to his dough. "Well we should be off before it gets too crammed in here to move," he said to Einin, pointing toward the door with his confection. "Shall we?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Eager to try them out, for Einin hadn't had cherry anything since they'd last been in season, she had just taken a bite of the syrup-covered one when Ryk ordered a tray of them packed up.

She almost choked, but for the sake of both herself and the baker, she swallowed it down. It was delicious, the perfect combination of sweet and tangy, and if Ryk was buying those for her...gods, he was spoiling her! Not that she was complaining, but this whole situation was more than even she had expected.

"This is fantastic, thank you! By far the best tart I've tasted," she said, and nearly finished it off with another large bite before she remembered that she was in noblewoman mode right now. So she took a smaller bite, holding the tart daintily with her fingers over the paper in case it dripped, and nodded a goodbye to the baker (for her mouth was full!) as the crowds pressed in and Ryk directed them to leave.

"Mhmm!" she answered, licking syrup from her fingers as her other hand held the second paper-wrapped tart. So much for being all noblewomanly. Heading for the door, she skirted around the milling crowd and waited for Ryk to get the door for her before she stepped outside.

As she headed for the carriage, she took a bite of her second tart. "Clearly, you must like your women fat," she said around the tart, eyes closing in pleasure. "Because as you should be aware, those tarts won't last long in my vicinity. You better hide them!"

Aeytrious

Ryk grinned internally at Einin's unconscious, and likely unintentional, encouragement to pursue her. He did not like his women fat though. There was little doubt in his mind that that would be a problem though, when he took a look at her mother. Lady Beirne was nowhere as gorgeous as her daughter, but she was decently thin and attractive for a woman of her age.

"I hope you'll be eating them," Ryk said with a grin in his voice, "I'm not the biggest fan of cherry. I'll have one or two, but I much prefer peaches and strawberries."

As they approached the carriage, the attendant opened the door for Einin. Before following her in he stopped to offer a tart to the man. "Have a tart," Ryk said, "and take one to the coachman."

After entering behind his beautiful prey, he sat and offered her the tray of tarts.

"I can think of plenty of ways to make sure you get all the exercise you need to stay fit. Many of which are fun or pleasurable."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Tags: