Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Put A Spell On You, And Now You're Mine! [DarkAndar!]

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 19, 2015, 05:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Tags @DarkAndar

Inside his small magic shop at The Wielders guild headquarters, deep lines creasing his forehead, Ray concentrated on fashioning his latest spell candle. Once complete, he would add it to the rest of his stock of magical candles. Inscribing the last of the runes needed onto the wax, he channeled energy into the tall green candle, infusing it with power.

After that was done he grounded himself by eating a spoonful of honey from a jar nearby, the earthy substance would quickly provide the stability his body and mind required after such work. There of course were other methods of grounding, too many to mention in fact, but for now that was the one the spell chandler used. Satisfied with his work, he labeled the candle and securely wrapped it in protective cloth. Adding the Money Candle to his other supply of candles, Ray straightened up then and readjusted his hat on his dark brown-haired head.

Going over to the door of his shop, he opened it and turned the sign that hung on the other side of it, from 'closed' to 'open'. Now he was ready to receive more customers. Checking the sundial by the window nearby, Ray noted the time to be about late morning, about one hour before noon. His shop while located inside the guild itself, was open to the public four days a week, its opening hours from eleven in the morning to six in the evening, with a one hour break in between for a late lunch and chitchat with the other members of the guild itself. Ray always made sure to eat a large breakfast before opening shop so he wouldn't get too hungry before lunch rolled around.

Making himself comfortable at the front desk, Ray waited patiently for customers to come on by. Many of the guild themselves had bought from him as well and since he was part of the guild too, Ray gave any guild members a ten percent discount on all merchandise available. It was a mutual arrangement, and some of his earnings he used to pay his guild dues. He occupied himself by reading a romantic adventure book. Ray was just getting to the part where the brave knight lay dying from a grievous wound by a now dead red dragon as he claimed his eternal love for his bride-to-be who had rushed upon the scene, frantic for her love.

"Oh, Charles, it is I, your Melinda! I am here, my love." She knelt to grasp his bloodied hand in hers as said knight gasped for breath.

"Go, my love it is not safe here, there is at least one more dragon about. My fellow knights have all been slain and I soon will join them in the great beyond of eternity. I cannot-"

"No!!" the woman screamed at him, his beloved Melinda,  his oh so fair beloved. "You will live and we will return back ho--"

And that was when the door to the shop began to open, the bell above jingling as a customer arrived. Sighing, Ray put down the book, intent to get back to it later and finish reading it. He stood up then to greet the newcomer. "Good morning and welcome to my shop. What can I help you find today?" he asked in his usual amiable manner.