Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Myriad_Veg's Wants and Limits

Started by Miriad_Vegetables, August 26, 2017, 07:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriad_Vegetables

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I like Lighthearted adventure and action mostly, with more serious conflicts also being massively appealing. I like character's interacting in such a way as to display their personality and history, as well as for plots to explore the world, no matter how big or small. As for relationships, Any interaction that serves to tie characters closer together is neat, as enemies or friends.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Plots revolving solely or mostly around romance, drama or sex as they aren't themes I'm interested in or entirely confident in portraying, being a rusty roleplayer.

What are your favorite character types to play?
My current favourite character is Morgand: I like to play low power characters woven into the world, facing bigger threats or personal issues, who have faults and can develop. Whether they grow stronger or reach a new low, I want to feel active!

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I like to have a strong set up for a plot and then go from there, the players trusting each other to make it fun for all. Surprise is more fun for those involved, but planning collaborating on a story, will make the thread interesting for observers as well and is fun in it's own way.

How do you feel about group threads?
If all players are prepared and available, definitely.

How often can you reply to any given thread?
I will try to reply within a week if possible to each thread I involve myself in, but long absences may crop up.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Months really, but hopefully with warning from others as to when they could be back.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers?
I'm not able to RP over messengers at the moment.

Are you open to post volleying?
I am happy to do post volleying, and the best way to set that up is to private message me.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I find myself writing very long posts, usually upwards of 4 paragraphs, to get in all the details I want. In dialogue heavy plots I try to limit this, as well as plots were it isn't appropriate, but I can write long and hard on single posts, so watch out.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I like in plots for characters inner monologue or thought process to be written alongside their actions and dialogue, as it helps characterise them more. Beyond that, I RP in a rather passive way, not wanting to end threads too soon or prevent other players from doing what they want.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I don't have enough experience to say much on this.

Anything else?
I want to have fun more than anything else, and play a character I enjoy. On top of that I want to see what other sorts of characters there are in the world, and I'll do my best to have meaningful interactions with them all!

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
Be it physically moving, enchanting, harming or insulting, go ahead, all I really want is a chance to react (eg. Retort, Describe injury severity). If it would be something permanent, I'd like some warning! Otherwise, have at them.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I don't have any issues with most relationships that would develop organically (mine as well as others). Advances and rejections are a part of life, so is the awkwardness that follows.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
With regards to sex should it ever come up I would prefer to fade to black as well as imply it, rather than play it out, but I'm not uncomfortable with it in plot.
As for violence, I really like describing the fights between characters, be they duels or brawls, win or lose, and am happy to go post by post through such scenes as they can be exciting. What I hesitate to describe are graphic or excessively violent acts.
As for drug use and sexual assault, this is about as dark as I should like to go. They are very real issues and deserve mention when appropriate, but exploring such themes without it suiting the plot and all players wouldn't work for me.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
Such plot points do not really interest me personally, but if other players or characters within plots want to explore them, I am not against it.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
(Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?)
I'd like some warning I suppose, but I think it can be interesting to play out.

What about healing?
(For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.)
If an affliction/scar/disability is a key part of a character or important to that character being played, I think some warning is grand.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
My limits mostly depend on the sort of story being told, or the tone so far of the thread. With some talking about themes that might be delicate, I would probably be more comfortable engaging in stories involving them.

Tags: