Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Spare a Room? {DragonSong}

Started by Celegwen, February 07, 2018, 07:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

Kia, save me, Declan thought, eyes running over her lips.

He wanted her, and she wanted him, so the elf had to fight every single instinct in his body. Her breath, her lips, her voice, shaky and desperate in the most sensual of ways. He ran his finger down her cheek, touching the right corner of her lips.

"No," he whispered.

Declan absolutely wanted to: he would've loved to just give in to her, but he refused. In some emotionally sadistic - and slightly masochistic - way, the ambassador wanted her to want, wanted to leave her wanting more. It was a power play, which he was positive Lily would pick up on, but he had to use it.

DragonSong

Her stomach sank- but then she caught something like a glint of a challenge in his eyes and her heartbeat jumped into double time.

"I see." Carefully, she leaned into him a little more, shivering slightly as her body fit tight against his. "I don't suppose there's any chance I could change your mind on that?" she whispered heatedly. Her hands trailed down his back to rest against his sides.

Slowly, she leaned more heavily back against the trunk, pulling him into her gently until his body was fully trapping hers against the tree. "Any chance at all?"

Celegwen

"My dear, you tread upon dangerous waters," he said softly. He wasn't used to anyone playing his game, so in actuality it was he who was in an unfamiliar sea.

Declan forced his eyes away from hers, knowing fully well that he wouldn't be able to resist her if he kept looking. I have to get this back, he thought, regarding the power she had suddenly stolen from him with too much ease.

He looked into her silvery eyes, his violets suddenly electrified with a deep passion. "No chance at all," he said, leaning down once again. He brushed their noses, kissing her ever so briefly on the left corner of her lips. "Not for that."

Hugging her body into him, his lips traced her cheek, to her jaw, then just below, teasing her neck with the softness of his lips, heat of his breath... He refused to satisfy anything else she might've wanted, though. At this moment, he thought, you belong to me.

DragonSong

And she did, whether she realized it or not. She pouted just a bit, entirely unconsciously, when he kissed the corner of her mouth then moved away again far to quickly for her liking.

But then his lips were mapping a trail down to her throat and her head fell back with a shuddering sigh. Her hands traced up his body to wrap around his neck again, fingers twisting gently into his vibrant hair.

A soft, shivering moan was pulled from her lips as his kisses found a particularly sensitive spot on her neck, and her fingers tightened against the back of his head, nails scratching lightly at his scalp.

"Declan..." she breathed, not entirely sure why but knowing that she needed to do or say something. Her body arched into his, seeking more contact instinctively, and she half swallowed a whimper as she was suddenly hyper aware of everywhere they touched.

With a little more urgency, she tugged lightly on his hair, trying to raise his lips to hers again. "Please." It was a sigh, a breathy murmur, her eyes shimmering and heated. "Please, Declan."

Celegwen

Hearing her practically beg him made his heart race faster still. He wanted to oblige, but decided against it.

Declan brought his lips close to her ear, his voice barely a whisper. "No," he breathed.

The elf pulled away from her. He moved his face near hers, but just out of her reach and flashed a devilish smile. His breath was long and drawn out, trying to steady his beating heart.

"I'll make a deal with you," he said, smirking at her. Declan glanced at her lips again, then back to her eyes. "I made an offer to your brother to take you and your siblings with me when I go. Convince your parents to allow it, and maybe, just maybe...I'll give you anything you want." He raised his left brow in a slightly challenging manner.

DragonSong

Lily held her breath, then let it all out in a plaintive little whimper as he pulled away from her. For a moment she held him tighter, unwilling to let him go- but then she dropped her arms back to her sides, bracing her hands against the bark of the tree as she leaned back into the trunk.

Flushed and breathing a little heavily, she mock scowled at him. "That," she informed him breathlessly, "is spectacularly unfair."

After a moment, her lips twitched up playfully on one side. "But I do believe you have yourself a deal, Ambassador."

She took a breath to compose herself, smoothing out her skirts before reaching out in an offer to shake his hand, smiling politely. Her blush still hadn't quite died down though, so she perhaps didn't look quite as in control as she would have liked.

Celegwen

He absolutely knew it was unfair, but that's what power was! He didn't have to be fair. Where's the fun in fair?

A light chuckle escaped him, seeing her offer to shake his hand to seal the deal. Declan took her hand and bowed to kiss the back of it.

Hearing the sloshing and thudding of approaching hooves, Declan took a step back from Lily, smoothing his hair back. He pressed his finger to his lips and furrowed his brows. "Maddox!" Thera called.

The elf dropped his head back. "She's too good at tracking," he mumbled. "Should've became a hunter. Thera, my beauty, over here."

The mordecai woman frowned at him and Lily, especially seeing the girl's clearly pink cheeks. "Ambassador, might I have a word?"

"No," he said. "You're field is about half a mile, so make use of it. Your job as my guard is to make sure I refrain from magic use, not to watch my every movement. I'll stay in your range, but I'm not a child. You'll give me some space. That's an order, soldier."

Thera was clearly fuming, but she couldn't go against a direct order, as long as it didn't violate her duties. She bowed her head to the ambassador and turned the horse around to ride a decent distance from them.

DragonSong

Before Lily could come up with some witty remark, the sound of hooves had her snapping her attention toward the approaching Thera. Quickly she ducked her head and tried to fix her hair and skirts, which had gotten rather rumpled up from being pressed between Declan and the tree.

"Ser Thera." She curtsied politely to the mordecai as she approached their tethered horses, reaching up to brush some hair back behind her ear.

Her fingertips touched petals and she froze. The river lily was still tucked into her hair. She should just take it out and let it fall, but somehow she couldn't make herself do it. Dropping her hands, she quickly mounted North and turned him back toward the manor.

"I suppose our little excursion is over," she said softly, giving Declan a rueful look.

Celegwen

"I'm afraid so," Declan said in a breathy release. He pursed his lips together and shook his head. "She's always ruining my fun, but it's probably for the best. Jorris knows, but I think it would be best that your parents remained ignorant."

He mounted Elm, smoothly turning the animal and urging him forward in a steady trot.

As Thera's stopped horse came into view, her rage was palpable. The soldier gritted her teeth, but trotted ahead. She wasn't so much angry at him, but rather at the carelessness that seemed to come over him when he was with this girl.

She met Jackson at the stable, handing the tackless horse over to the older man and walking inside. At that point, she really didn't feel like talking. Declan hadn't snapped on her in years, so she wasn't overly fond of the situation.

"Come on," the elf said softly, flashing Lily a grin as he dismounted. "Wouldn't want you to be missed."

DragonSong

"No, I suppose we wouldn't." Lily's smile was a little regretful as she dismounted and relinquished North's reins, giving the horse a fond parting pat.

She forced herself not to walk too close to Declan as they returned to the manor- it was still relatively early, and the household was moving with the sleepy sluggishness of morning. Luckily, it didn't seem her parents had yet emerged from their bedchamber.

"Perhaps we should retire to the parlor, for the moment?" she suggested to the ambassador and his guard- though she was careful not to look directly at Thera. She was next to positive the woman could have glared a hole in her skull. "I'm sure breakfast will be ready soon."

Celegwen

Jackson took one of the horses and began his repairs on the carriage. With luck, he would be finished in about three hours.

Declan and Lily walked inside behind Thera, who was clearly unhappy with the entire situation. If she had the option, the mordecai would've gladly gone with Jackson to the carriage. Unfortunately, the distance exceeded her field, so that was out of the question.

The elf watched Lily, giving a short nod at her suggestion to settle in the parlor. "Thera, surely you don't need to carry Necrolight around the house?" Declan said.

She glared at him. "I'm more comfortable with her on my person, thank you."

He pursed his lips with a slight roll of his eyes. "You would think I was five years old, disobeying my mother," he said in a hushed voice and a chuckle.

DragonSong

Lily shot the ambassador a rather droll look and quirked one eyebrow playfully. "How do you think I feel?" she murmured under her breath. "Everyone here treats me like I'm five and I actually did just disobey my mother," she joked.

With a little wink she slipped into the parlor, a small smile playing at the edges of her lip. Though she knew she should behave herself, she just couldn't help the mischievous little impulses that came to the surface when he was around.

"I see you're back." Jorris looked up from his book rather expectantly, and she quickly schooled her features into a pleasantly blank expression.

"Yes. Mother and Father up?"

"Just about. Breakfast should be on the table within the hour." He looked from her to Declan and nodded politely. "Ambassador. A good stroll, I trust?"

Celegwen

"Yes," Declan said politely, nodding his head to the young man. "Your property is absolutely stunning. I regret not coming by for a visit in my previous travels."

Thera clenched her jaw a few times, upper lips twitching once. "Yeah, I bet you do," she mumbled, quiet enough that the others wouldn't have heard her, save the ambassador with his annoyingly good elvish hearing.

He shot her a quick stare, warning her to keep her mouth shut. Thera hadn't actually seen anything, so her word held no true weight, but it was definitely enough for suspicion to be raised. Not something Declan wanted to start at the moment.

"How long has your family lived here?" He asked.

DragonSong

"Oh, at least four, five generations?" Jorris frowned a bit as he seemed to think that over, then nodded. "Yes, that's right. I'm glad you enjoyed the grounds- we are quite proud of them, I must admit." He smiled a little crookedly, then gave his sister a rather piercing look. "You alright?"

Lily rolled her eyes and resisted the urge to throw her hands in the air in exasperation. "I'm perfectly hale and hearty, I assure you," she said with no small amount of venom dripping from her tone. With a flick of her hair, she turned to leave the parlor. "I'll go see if I can fetch the twins, then we should head into the dining hall for breakfast."

At the door she paused and turned to Declan. "Will you be dining with us? Or would you rather take the meal in your room?"

Celegwen

Declan pursed his lips briefly. If he was being real with himself, he probably should have breakfast in his room and actually do some work. Then again, he was doing all kinds of things he wasn't supposed to be doing this trip, so hell! What harm could a breakfast do?

"I think dining with everyone would be lovely," Declan said with a half-smirk.

He watched her slightly wistfully as she bounded off to get her siblings. Bringing his attention back to the room, he purposely avoided Thera's gaze and sat across from Jorris.

"You're a fine, young man, Jorris," he said to the eldest child. Declan remembered hating when people said that to him in his youth, but growing up, he started to see it on others and realized it was in fact one of the better compliments a man could receive. "If there are any concerns you have, please, don't hesitate to voice them. I don't mean to cross any lines you're uncomfortable with."

DragonSong

Jorris eyed him quietly for a moment, then slowly returned his attention to his book. "I am not uncomfortable," he said slowly, addressing the open pages. "Merely...concerned." His eyes flickered toward Thera briefly, then he added, "If I might speak freely in front of your guard- to be honest Master Ambassador who my sister courts or who courts her is none of my business, as long as the courting is not done in an official capacity, if you understand my meaning."

Celegwen

A politician's life, the ambassador had a habit of twisting what he was told. It was an annoying habit that he wasn't particularly fond of, but it was a price that came with the job. And it was a skill he naturally possessed. Either way, something about the current circumstances made him want to be straight. He didn't want to twist words or manipulate anything. Of everything, that was new ground.

He didn't voice anything. Declan gave Jorris a definite, single nod of understanding. On the other side of things, Thera knitted her brows. "Yeah," she started. "Just so we're all on the same page, what exactly do you mean?"

DragonSong

Jorris stared at the woman for a long moment as though she might be a little thick in the head. Finally, he said in an even, droll monotone, "I was referring to the ambassador's fiance, and my sister's own responsibilities insofar as romantic endeavors are involved."

He shrugged and looked back to his book. "Affairs are hardly an unknown factor in our lives, and far be it from me to judge who affection chooses to unite. I'd only ask for caution, that is all."

Celegwen

"Ah, right," Thera huffed. "The ambassador's fiance." Declan shot her a powerful glare, telling her to back off before she fucks things up completely. "When're you seeing her, huh?"

The elf forced a smile. "When I have the time, Thera." His words and tone were laced with poison, and she got the message. Looking back to Jorris, the ambassador nodded once again. "You have my word that I mean neither your sister, nor your family any harm in emotion or reputation. You have nothing to worry about."

DragonSong

The eldest Hartnet child gave them both a rather droll look, then returned his attention to his book. "Alright then. Just as long as we're on the same pages."

A moment after he'd fallen silent, Lily slipped back into the room, her skirts swirling around her ankles. She was a little flushed, but trying not to show it- she'd wound up running to her parents' room, more hungry than she'd realized and eager to get to breakfast.

"Well, food will be served shortly, in the dining room," she said with a small smile.

Tags: