Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Farmers

Started by Rhindeer, August 08, 2010, 05:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Are we going that nobles own, tax, and maintain the land and farmer work it? Or are non-nobles going to be able to own land?

And if farmers can own land, then what makes someone a noble? What power does a noble have? Is it just a title and a name, then? Are nobles just rich? Wha? Part of the big time benefit of BEING nobility is the ability to own land in the first place, to have that kind of power. xD

Personally, I'd like to see nobles owning the land and farmers working it. x3 Just to put my stance out there.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

It makes sense for the nobles to own the land but allow farmers to rent it and then tax them on what they grow. Good year? More munnies. Bad year? Less munnies. Asshole Lord? More munnies for him, farmer dies of starvation or something.

I don't see a feudal lord/serf thing going for Serendipty.

Rhindeer

Renting land! I actually like that. xD See, that's what I'd like to see, the nobles still owning the land. Renting it and taxing the product? Makes sense to me. And is a wise move, monetarily. So I like that idea! ^^

For me, farmers being able to own the land themselves, though, just doesn't make sense in my head. I feel it gives the other classes too much power. >_o
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Yeah, it would be pretty bad if they just suddenly...had land and stuff for their own. Then it would be harder for them to get high taxes if they just owned the land. Renting though seems like the bester idea!

Tally

I too like this idea! And...that's really all I have to add right now. xD