Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mindshifter Hospitality [Rhi] [M]

Started by DaGlobster, April 05, 2014, 02:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

The woman eyed Han a moment longer, but her eyes softened at the mention of Kuan--which confirmed, to her, that at least he wasn't a complete and total stranger.

"Evaluated, hm?" she said. "Then I take it you heard I'm in need of a successor. Very well, then. Your timing is impeccable, lucky for you."

Gently, she released the girl's arm and stood, taking a step back and motioning to Xuna. "Diagnose and treat her."

Xuna snapped a look up at the woman and then at Han, alarmed. "But Master Ridhi--!"

"Calm yourself, Xuna. He'll be under my watch. I won't tolerate mistakes. Well, Han? Let's see what you know."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Han was a little struck by how quickly she'd handed it over to him, but it was only a moment's trepidation before he approached Xuna. He took a mental stock of what the healer (he presumed her name was Ridhi) had on her shelves and work area before he knelt down by Xuna, face friendly.

"Let me see your hand, if you don't mind," he said.

Once she'd permitted him to examine her hand, he'd gently pick her arm up so he could examine it. He had a hunch that a hurt hand in a training dojo was probably a training accident, but he didn't rule anything out as he looked over her lower arm and even her hands and fingers as he tested and examined. His eyes would flit from her hand to her face, gauging her reactions for a few moments before he spoke to Xuna.

"It's swollen, but not bruised. Did you take a bad fall?"

Rhindeer

Xuna nodded at his question. "During practice sparring. Eta threw me, and I landed...wrong."

She looked down at her hand and then back up at Han, concern in her eyes. "Is it broken?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

[I'm getting some deja vu here]

"It's not likely that it's broken. Can you still move your fingers alright? Does it feel tight, or loose?" he asked, and he started feeling at the damaged flesh. He had a light touch, but was very well educated despite his isolated upbringing. He also had plenty of experience falling from trees, so he knew just about every kind of way to get hurt by falling.

He reached into his well of magical power just a little bit and skimmed his fingers over her wrist, reading just beneath the flesh to search for pulled muscles or cracks on the bones. he dared not use more power, as it would cause a visual effect.

Rhindeer

[Bwahaha!]

Xuna wiggled her fingers at his question, wincing as she did. "I can move them, but it really hurts," she said, gritting her teeth as he felt at the swollen flesh. It felt tender and hot, but not excruciating. That was hopeful, right? "I guess it feels...tight? I dunno. Not loose. Just hurts a lot to move it. Goddess, it better not be broken. I have a tournament  in a few days!"

DaGlobster

"No, definitely not broken," Han was quick to say. His first instinct was to soothe and please so he put a hand on her shoulder and offered her a smile. Then, he went back to his work, feeling her forearms and wrist of her hurt arm a little more before humming thoughtfully.

"Feels stiff. And you've got some discoloration on the underside," he started, and he examined her fingers before looking up to meet Xuna's eyes.

"You definitely sprained it, though. I'm going to prepare some numbing salve for your hand and wrist and it needs to be bound until the swelling and pain recede," he said, and he stood to look about at Ridhi's collection of herbs and medical tools. He picked through it, gathering everything he needed and returning to Xuna.

As he mixed the salve in a mortar and pestle, he continued to speak.

"I'm also going to give you something to take. A tea mix made of herbs that'll help you deal with the pain," he continued.

Rhindeer

"Sprained? No, no, it can't be sprained!" Xuna moaned, an expression close to despair darkening her features. "You don't understand, the tournament is in literally three days! I can't not go! I was gonna win this one!"

She stared down at her swollen wrist as though it was a nasty creature separate from her body. "How long? How long will it need to heal? Can I just...can I fight with it bound? Is there any way to speed this up? I have things I gotta do! I need something stronger than tea!"

DaGlobster

Han was a little taken aback by Xuna's sudden objection to his diagnosis, and it showed in how a shocked look ran through those blue-streaked eyes of his. He'd paused in mixing the salve for her, but quickly resumed.

He let some of his subtle magic bleed into the pestle as he ground up the salve, repeating the alchemical incantations in his head. Han let her finish and nodded along, preferring to focus on his work. When she suggested fighting with it bound, he gave her a stern look as he sprinkled some wild seeds into the mixture.

"I didn't say it was a bad one, but fighting with an injured wrist means you could cause permanent damage," he said, quoting one of his dusty medical tomes word-for-word.

"And don't sneer at the tea. If you do what I tell you, it'll heal as fast as it can," Han chided. He finished the salve and lifted her arm op once again to start applying it.

He tried to meet her eyes, and he gave an honest shrug of his eyebrows.

"How does that sound?"