Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Volatile [M]

Started by Lowen Thorn, July 27, 2018, 09:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Hmmm. Regen's response was nothing more than a simple, seemingly absent nod. Nice, indeed.

There seemed to be a long pause between the three after that. A long and uncomfortable silence if you asked Amaya. His eyes darted back and forth between Yona and their guest, debating on new methods of kicking the woman out of their remove without physically removing her.

"Okay," Regen said suddenly. "I can take a hint. I'll leave you two love birds alone."

Oh, well that works.

The half-elven thief offered Yona a quick smile and a wink, and a pat to the bounty hunter's chest before she opened the door. "See ya' around," she said as she closed the door behind her.

".....Well," he said after another moment. "That was strange."

DragonSong

"Wait, what?"

Yona was just opening her mouth to protest that that was not the case, but before she could get so much as a word out Regen was gliding out the door, leaving the elementalist flabbergasted on the cot.

"...What just happened?"

Lowen Thorn

Everyone has an angle.

Amaya didn't immediately answer Yona after Regen left the room, instead opting to remain quiet as thoughts of the thief's angle circulated around his head. Friendly, strange, thief. Surely she came to their room more for just their company. He watched Regen pretty closely through the whole bit and he didn't think she stole anything off of Yona, but he really couldn't have been too sure. She was good, after all.

"No clue," he finally said. "May wanna make sure nothing's missing, pumpkin. She's a bit of a bandit."

Pumpkin because he couldn't pass up a chance to mess with his companion.

DragonSong

The elementalist blinked at him. "Pum...kin?" she repeated slowly, her Thanati accent coming through stronger on the world than usual. "I don't...what is that?"

In the last few weeks her Common had really grown leaps and bounds, but that was a sudden reminder that she still wasn't exactly fluent--no matter how passable Amaya evidently thought she was.

Shaking her head, she sort of patted herself down, hands moving up and down her sides and legs. She shrugged. "I don't think she took anything..."

Lowen Thorn

If his arms weren't folded neatly over his chest, he would have face palmed at her question. He often forgot how different Yona and himself were, and how different their upbringing was. "Don't worry about it," he said with an amused grin. "And good. Maybe take this time to get some rest. It's going to be a long trip to a place neither of us have ever been, so you're going to need your strength."

As if to encourage her to do so, he moved his back toward the door of the cabin, and slid down until he sat against it. "Wake me if there's any emergency."

DragonSong

"Mmm." Yona continued to just stare at him for a few moments, still frowning in puzzlement, but eventually she turned onto her side and curled up as small as she could on the cot, burrowing under the threadbare blanket.

"How am I supposed to wake you if I'm also resting?" she grumbled into the pillow, but it was more for the form of the thing than anything else. Amaya literally had his back to the door, he'd be well aware if someone tried to pull something.