Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sand in all the wrong places. [Globster!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 18, 2014, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Scarab's face fell, giving away her answer before she even said a word.

"Do...do you not have extras?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Well, nobody died, so... no," Drex said, scratching at the back of his head as he looked around sheepishly.

"Maybe we could fashion you one, at least until we get to somewhere you can get one," he offered. His first instinct was to offer Scarab a stay in his own tent but that seemed improper, and he was too nervous to air it as an option.

Rhindeer

Somebody had to die before they had a spare? Scarab's eyebrows climbed, a look of mild alarm crossing her features. And Drex didn't sound all that confident in his suggestion that they could simply fashion one for her. Did they even have the supplies for that?

Well. They were doing her a favor here, really, and though a rugged lifestyle wasn't her preference, she didn't want to be an annoyance. She flipped a dreadlock over her shoulder with a shrug.

"That sounds burdensome," she said with a frown. "I suppose I could sleep under the stars for now, provided there's at least extra blankets?" For the night did get terribly cold. "If your tents are large enough to support it, I wouldn't mind bunking with someone, either. I don't take up much space."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"The tents are big," Drex said with a nod and assuring smile. Indeed, if she looked around at the camp, what must have been a single occupant tent for an Ogre looked like it could hold four or five people, easily!

"And you'll need one for the mountains. Not one of those rip-raggedy tents humans make out cloth but a good vestibule made out of solid pelt. Only thing that breaks the wind up there."

Speaking of tents and camps, the Ogre convoy was officially starting to pack up now. They'd hunted their giant beast, feasted on it, and were now ready to head home with full bellies and plenty of leftovers to enjoy along the way.

"We can't have our honored guest turning into a pretty snowpile on the side of a mountain," he started, and managed to speak the following words with a surprising confidence.

"So you can share mine if it gets a little colder than you're used to."

Rhindeer

Scarab let out a sigh of relief she hadn't realized she was holding. Oh, thank Hakeshna he said it before she had to! She wasn't fond of the idea of sleeping outdoors with the insects and animals and the cold (especially the cold--she hated it!), but she also wasn't fond of the idea of sharing a tent with a stranger. She may not have known Drex well, but she knew him better than the others, and he seemed a decent enough lad.

"I think that's reasonable," she said with a smile. "I promise I don't snore too much."

Though she imagined she would probably sound like a mouse snoring compared to any of the ogres...

"Thank you, by the way. I truly appreciate your hospitality! If you are ever again in Essyrn after this, I will be sure to return the favor tenfold."