Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Green and The Green (Dragonsong!) [m]

Started by DaGlobster, March 21, 2019, 10:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

Sitting where he was, watching the ceremony and his people celebrating around him... it was like looking into a different side of them. It was times like these where he was filled with warmth and a confidence for the future. Barely four winters ago, and they were just like any other tribe. Brutal, practical. Merciless out of necessity.

But now, they had celebrations. They had plenty. They could afford to take their minds off of the constant claw for survival. And so, while everyone was getting smashed and the music really set in, Motark merely sipped lightly on his drink and basked in it all, a glowing smile on his face.

Someone nearly bumped into him, and when he looked he saw a slightly pale-faced orc, a young man, giving Fiala an apologetic dip of his head. The teeth surprised the young orc, that was clear, and it spooked him enough to send him back into the crowd.

Before Motark could get anything in edge-wise, Fiala had turned and fully clambered onto his lap. He could feel the tension in her, and while he couldn't use magic to calm her nerves like she'd done to him in the past, he still did his best to soothe a hand along her back.

The dancers were now engaged in a complex dance that involved passing axes from one individual to another. Some throws sent the ceremonial hatchets arcing over "Ahwa" and he cowered theatrically as the warriors of Bloodmorrow proved their mettle.

DragonSong

She continued to watch the dance and the crowd around them, attention fairly evenly split between the two spectacles; though his light touch against her back did seem to remove some of the tension in her shoulders, she was still clearly wary.

But that didn't mean she wasn't also fascinated. Fiala settled herself a little more comfortably against him and turned slightly for a better view, head tipped just a bit to one side like a curious pup as her eyes darted from orc to orc, a faint furrow between her brows, like she was puzzling through a riddle.

DaGlobster

Once Fiala seemed to settle, Motark smiled to himself and turned his head slightly so he could take a sip from his drink.  When he glanced back down to her, her puzzled expression piqued his own curiosity. His hand still soothed at her back, now a regular motion.

"What's on your mind?" Motark said, low enough for just her.

And yet, the spectacle continued.

"Awha" cowered down into a tiny ball as the various dancers now made a circle around him. Suddenly, in a flash of blue light, "Awha" stood back up to full height and the dancers all jumped back with exaggerated motions, some even taking controlled dives.

The music slowed down and everyone's dancing changed pace. Everybody was getting drunk and dancing their tails off, so nobody was paying attention to the chief, who was swaying his head and shoulders to the slower beat. His free hand came to rest on the small of Fiala's back, and he let his eyes close.

There was one more final challenge. Awha could only be repelled by the blessing of Shok, and so far, he was convinced that many of the dancers were worthy, but none for sure. With the confidence of a snake, Awha posed a challenge.

Shok blesses his favored with a quick mind and a strong arm. What better way to prove it than by hitting a distant target? All of the dancers, save for the Chosen One, descended from the stage to part the festive crowd and make a lane of sorts. Another member of the performance sashayed their way over to the edge of the dancing grounds and threw the cloth off of something that had always been there; a long pole with a shield bolted to the very end.

Quickly, they erected the target and held it up.

Cruelly, Awha added one more stipulation. The target... would be moving! The target started to sway back and forth to the tune of the music, and everyone waited at the edges of their metaphorical seats as the chosen dancer tested the weight of the axe in their hand, and eyeballed the shot...

DragonSong

Fila started slightly, as though Motark's voice had startled her--which was perhaps a little odd, considering she was sitting on his lap. Still, she leaned into the touch of his hand against her back and tipped her head so it was resting lightly on his shoulder. Careful of the antlers, as always.

"There is magic in this," she murmured in answer to his question, eyes flickering back and forth over the dancers as the ceremony moved forward. "Can you see it?"

Unthinking, she allowed the connection between them to widen, deepen slightly--not quite the way she had in the orchard, more an extension of her awareness of the world being offered to his.

As she watched the dance, her eyes caught on pulsing, almost imperceptible streams of power through the air, following the movements of the dance in dips and whirls, like dozens of tiny rivers of magic. Most were some shade of red, but a few seemed to hold the same emerald and woodsy greens that his own power had been. They flickered oddly at the edge of one's vision, more clearly seen from the corner of the eye than if she tried to look at them directly.

She shook her head slowly, frown deepening in thought. "I didn't expect..."

Well. Perhaps it would be insensitive to say, but though she had a healthy respect for mortal rituals and ceremony, she hadn't expected to see something real. She couldn't tell exactly what the magic was doing, but it was most definitely there.

DaGlobster

"Can I see it?" he repeated, his expression containing a newfound awe and disappointment all at the same time. Something wondrous was happening and he couldn't see it?

"I wish I could. I don't exactly have eye's like-" He cut off suddenly when he felt some of her warmth rush into him, the now-familiar tingle in his heart whenever Fiala played with their connection. His eyes widened, and the sights ahead left him speechless.

As the Chosen One gauged the shot and the other dancers continued to whirl around the stage, the energies crept higher and higher, and the streams and whirls became bolder. It floated off of the dancers like steam and drifted up into the sky as flecks alongside the crowd. Every orc present had either a deep red glow in their chests or some rare few, like Motark, had begun to resonate with deep green light. Once the conflux of power reached the top, something started to coalesce.

To everyone else, the bonfire had merely gained its second wind, burning ever brighter as the flames reached their peak.

Motark and Fiala, however, would see the conflux of power at the top flash and snap into shape. The top of the bonfire parted and twisted until it made a vague, humanoid shape. No... it was an orc, judging by the ears and head. The shape grew taller, existing just as much in the flames of the bonfire as the smoke above it and the burning timbers beneath.

Completely unseen by the crowd, this nebulous giant of smoke and fire cast its blood-red gaze upon all the celebrants. It scanned every passionate face, every moving body and filled mug of brew, and delivered its boon upon them. Under its eyes, the body paint of the revelers glowed boldly, and they became rowdier, drunker, and happier. As it gazed upon the crowd, it's vision actually paused on Motark and Fiala, still on his lap. Instantly, his heart accelerated and spirits lifted. Fiala, connected as she was to Motark, would be just as helpless as he was against the rousing gaze of this entity. The paint on their bodies burned and even shifted in places, patterns on Motark's body re-arranging to connect to where the lines on Fiala ended, and vice versa.

The crowd slowly returned to raucousness. They crowd started to chant for the Chosen One, and the instruments resumed to add to the tension, the great spirit finally seemed to take notice. Slowly, it turned its gaze downward to its Chosen One. Shok had been pleased so far, but would he grant his Chosen One a blessing? After a few seconds, the festival's Chosen One raised his arm, a motion instantly mirrored by the fiery god above him, and threw.

The axe sailed, and hit the target dead center.

The crowd went wild, and magic seemed to start spilling everywhere, becoming a carnival of colors and emotions. The music was back in full swing. Shok had receded into a lingering presence at the festival. Occasionally, a waft of smoke from the bonfire would blow into some of the celebrants and they became even more exultant.

Motark looked back down at Fiala, awe, affection, and restless energy fighting for dominance in his heart. His hands drifted down Fiala's back and searched for her own. Once he found them, he brought them securely onto his own sides, wanting to expand the contact between them. He gave his shoulders a few sways, slowly left-to-right, and let his head dip down to rest on Fiala's. Nothing but an inch or two of air separated their lips.

"I definitely saw that..." he breathed, heart hammering in his chest for what seemed all the right reasons. He'd been keeping pace with Fiala, who drank like a bird, but even he had a flush of color to his cheeks.

DragonSong

She could feel it when their vision overlapped, allowing him to see the magic as she did. A smile spread across her face and she settled more comfortably against him as she allowed her head to tip back slightly so she could watch his face as the gravity of what he was seeing struck him.

"I didn't expect something real," she murmured, unthinking, her eyes never leaving his face.

Then the power surged, morphed and molded, and she drew in a sharp breath as she felt Motark reacting to it. The shape above the fire was...not what she had been expecting. She'd never seen magic like this--it wasn't fae in nature, but it certainly wasn't something mortal either. Or at least not entirely.

The Folk didn't necessarily believe in divinity. But it was difficult for her to reconcile what she was seeing--what was seeing her--with her understanding of the magicks of the world. Instinctively, she shrank back against Motark a little further, a kind of hunted-prey instinct as that red gaze settled on them for a moment. Her heartbeat quickened--not for the same reasons his did, but it wasn't entirely a fear response either. She didn't really know what it was.

Whatever the phenomenon was, it passed relatively quickly and she sank back against him, only realizing as she did that she had been holding her breath. A shaky laugh caught in her throat and she turned her face into the curve of his shoulder as the ceremony moved on, the crowd chanting and the music swelling around them.

Motark's hands sliding down her back raised a shiver to her skin that was completely at odds with the heat of the bonfire, and she twisted slightly to better face him as his head came to rest against hers. Her hands draped cautiously around his neck and she tipped her head back until there was less than a whisper of space between them.

"I've never..." She swallowed convulsively, then gave a helpless little laugh and shook her head, her nose brushing against his. "I've never seen magic like that. It...that..."

For perhaps only the second time in her life, she found herself speechless. Rather than searching futilely for words she knew wouldn't come, she just shook her head again, smiling, and closed the fraction of space between them with a kiss, one arm wrapped lazily around his neck while her other hand swept up to cup his jaw carefully, delicately. If they were drawing any attention, she certainly wasn't in any state to notice. 

DaGlobster

For once, Motark saw nobody else but the person in front of him. They could have been alone for all intents and purposes, because between everyone's jubilation, the frenzy of the music and the haze of celebratory brew, there was hardly anyone left to notice. Motark made a surprised sound when her lips touched his, and the tension bled away from him as he felt her arm around the back of his neck.

With his thumbs, he traced the lines of body paint along her sides, heart hammering in his chest like a drum as he naturally sought to deepen their kiss.

"Do you dance?" came Motark's desperate question, delivered in between breaths when their lips were parted.

DragonSong

Fiala shifted against him when she felt his touch brushing along the swirls of paint over her sides. She tilted her head when he deepened the kiss, wrapping her hands around the back of his neck and pressing in close until she could feel his heartbeat pounding against hers.

At his question, she smiled breathlessly and pressed another kiss to the bridge of his nose, then his cheek, then his lips again.

"Most stories of my kind would warn you not to dance with one of the fae," she murmured, eyes shimmering playfully. "If you're not careful, I could spirit you away to dance forever." She kissed him again quickly, then stood from his lap, reaching down to take his hands in hers. "Would you take the risk?"

DaGlobster

Funnily enough, Motark had heard of that tale. Fiala, of course, spoke as one of the very Fae mentioned, but Orcish tales often told of creatures that dwelled within the forests. They would offer drink, rowdiness, and even sexual temptation to all manner of villagers that came by, seeking to capture baubles they could keep in their glades forever. It is said that an Orc should never enter the woods alone without something to make them unattractive, like wearing the pelts of lower beasts or stuffing their clothes with strong-smelling herbs.

"It seems you've caught me without my stinkflower blooms," Motark started, eyes following every movement of her body as she stood up from him. Her hands slid into his and he rose to his feet after her, taking a wider stance as he started to move his shoulders, tugging her a little closer. The beats from the drums were fiery, almost visceral to his ears.

"And there's no trees for me to tie myself to," he said with teasing dismay.

"I'm at your mercy."

DragonSong

"Are you now?" Her eyes glittered, reflecting the firelight like an animal's, and though her grin was playful, there was a sharpness to it. She followed his movements as he pulled her closer and began to listen more intently to the drums. She took another step closer, still keeping a fraction of distance between their bodies as she began to mirror him.

"Most would tell you that's a dangerous place to be," she murmured teasingly, looking up at him through her lashes--that wasn't even intentional, really. He was so much taller than her she didn't have much choice if she didn't want to crane her neck back every time she met his eyes. "You should mind your step."

DaGlobster

At her dry reminder to watch his footing, Motark only dipped his eyes down with a smile and started to move his feet. Quick, rhythmic stomps to the ground that matched the rhythm of the crowd around them. Orcish dancing could barely be called such, one simply moved with the crowd and the music until nobody could really tell each other apart and there were no chiefs or woodcutters, just bodies. And with the fervent blessings of their passionate God-Spirit, all manner of wildness and raunchiness was in full kaleidoscopic display around them.

And fitting, too. A party like this only came once in a generation.

DragonSong

While Fiala had teased him with mortal tales of wildwood dancing, she may have been hard pressed to admit that she had never actually been to such an event. As Motark pulled her through the jumping, writhing crowd, she couldn't help thinking that orcish dances may even come close to the chaos of the fae ones, no magic required.

She was so much smaller than everyone else around her, the only sense of security she could find was keeping herself as close to Motark as she could feasibly manage. She balanced delicately as she  skipped from hoof to hoof, twirling herself around the chief's body once or twice, but always returning to press close into his chest.

The faintly pulsing streams of magic still spiraled through the air around them, and she gave Motark a breathless smile as she moved in close and nuzzled briefly against his shoulder. "Do you still find yourself at my mercy, brave one?" she murmured, and somehow despite the noise around them and the softness of her own voice, she was sure he'd be able to hear her.

DaGlobster

It felt good to move, to disperse some of the restless energy he'd gained from Shok's gaze while also building an altogether different warmth as he danced close to his fae companion. Those moments where she was pressed close to him, his arm around her waist as the drums pounded away at his heart...

...Or maybe it was his heart pounding away for Fiala. He didn't know anymore.

She came in to nuzzle his shoulder and he took the opportunity to embrace her, slowing down his movements to savor the closeness.

"Lead me away, and I wouldn't be able to resist," Motark said, cheeks coloring further as his hands slid to her hips.

DragonSong

"Oh?" Her eyes flashed in the firelight, animalistic, and she stepped back just a little, dropping her hands to take his as she did. "That is hardly the wisest thing to admit." She took another step back, away from the circle of firelight. "After all, if I lead you away, I may never bring you back."

Her tone was teasing, but there was just the barest hint of something other behind the light in her eyes.

DaGlobster

She must have weighed as much as one of Motark's arms by themselves, but he could not resist her. She stepped away from the firelight, from the distracted crowd and thrumming music. With his hands in hers, he moved like she had the strength of a thousand orcs and himself, a feather.

Was this what bewitchment felt like?

She certainly had him bewitched then, with that distinct something simmering in her eyes and the firelight glimmering off of the swirls of paint on her body.

"Take me with you," came his final admission as she led him away from the light.

They were not the only couple to have had the idea of sneaking off. In the dimness that made the fire-ground's perimeter, a few others could be seen embracing or otherwise enjoying each-other's company.

DragonSong

Fiala laughed quietly, the sound chiming in a way that somehow both contrasted and harmonized with the pulsing rhythm of the dance she pulled him away from step by step. With the fire to his back, his whole form was cast in a distinct clash of light and shadow, emphasizing the sharp lines and planes of his body, the occasional leap of flame highlighting the curls and swoops of paint she'd traced over him.

She smiled at him, flashing sharp canines, but that faint, fae light in her eyes had softened from something teasing and maybe a little wicked to something warmer: the reflection of a bonfire in the hearth. There was still that almost primal edge to it, but her body seemed to soften with each step they took into the shadows.

"What would you have of me?" she murmured as she pulled him fully out of the firelight. Faeries were twilit creatures at heart, and something about her just came alive under the starlight--she was perhaps a little wilder, a little closer to the wary, riddling creature he had first met in dark woods. Wild, but still soft. A study in contradiction.

A little like the two of them, she supposed.

Her eyes held his and she asked even more quietly, "Where would you have me?" The soft--well, mostly soft--sounds of other couples who had snuck away into the shadows were easy to pick up with her sensitive ears still this close to the edges of the festivities. It seemed Motark had not been exaggerating when he'd said his people were not particularly concerned with modesty. Fiala tipped her head at him, going still under the shifting shadows. "Where would you have me?" she repeated, pulling lightly at his hands to draw him closer. "Under stars and open air? By firelight, safe and hidden away in your tent?"

She took a step into him, magic buzzing under her skin, following the lines of paint like they were veins and her magic blood. "Tell me, and I will take you there," she murmured, inhuman eyes searching his.

DaGlobster

Once he was clear of the crowd of revelers, Motark could feel the cool breeze tickling at his skin once again, clashing with the heat he still felt at his back and coursing through his heart. In that moment every sense of his felt more alive than it had ever been. Somehow, he heard both the slamming drums and Fiala's softly spoken words. He saw the details of every blade of grass around them, yet Fiala's bright, alien eyes were the only things he could truly see, shining up at him like the eyes of a predator.

A predator that had wrapped her magic all around him, enticing him further into the dark with gentle pulls and flashes of her sharp teeth. When he finally came to a stop, he was close enough that he could feel the energy radiating from her.

Sharp and warm, bleeding in through the paint, through his skin. She pulled him even closer, stepped into him and then his arms were around her. His heart was a drum of its own kind, thundering against hers.

A hand on her side kept her in place while the other wandered momentarily along her furry hip and leg, before settling low on her back, over where much of her paint lines met.

"Take me just a little further, to a nice dark spot under the stars," he finally said.

"Just us," he continued, easily meeting her eyes when she came searching for them. They took his breath away, and after an infinite moment he leaned in to speak into her ear.

"And then I'll take you to my fire. And then my bed," he offered with a discreet smile.

DragonSong

Fiala leaned into him as his hands traveled down her sides and along her back, reveling quietly in the solidity he offered, grounding her. She nodded slowly, still holding his eyes, and took a few steps back deeper into the shadows. She moved to take his hands in hers again as her hooves traced backward over the earth until they were sequestered entirely from the firelight.

She smiled at him, a flash of silver in the darkness to match the flaring gold of her eyes, then she reached up to cup one hand around the back of his neck and draw him down into a slow, soft kiss.

Wordlessly, she let her hands trace delicately over the patterns of paint that marked his upper body as she placed another kiss at on the corner of his mouth, then another at the edge of his jaw, the line of his throat, slowly working her way down to his collar and then--even more slowly--lower.

As she reached his chest she hesitated, looking up at him again, before placing an almost cautious kiss just over his heartbeat, letting the touch linger while she leaned into him once more. She let one hand slide down to rest on his hip, but went no further, waiting for his direction.

DaGlobster

It was after they'd fully hidden from the firelight that Motark seemed to come alive. Lit by just the moon and stars above, the part of Fiala settled deep in his chest thrummed to life. In the darkness with her, his outline lost some of its definition, as if distorted by fur her did not possess and stag-like features that only existed in his shadow. His own eyes flashed a dim green in response to her own, a flash that stuck around once she'd finally kissed him.

Heat and magic skittered through him, down his body along the lines of paint. As Fiala stroked the patterns, they seemed to come alive with a light of their own. At first, it came in erratic sparks and flashes. Once Fiala kissed him over the heart, that seemed to complete the circuit.

He gasped, both at that and at the hand on his hip, burning so hot it could almost hurt.

Without saying much else, he let Fiala exact her desires on him for a little longer before parting away just enough to set himself down on the soft grass, propped up on his hands. He looked up at Fiala and the invitation was clear in his glowing eyes and glinting fangs. His broad chest, dancing with lights from his magically charged paint.

"Take me..." he murmured, gazing up at Fiala as he reached up to stroke a hand along her stomach and up her side. Sitting up, he kissed her navel, and looked up to meet her eyes.

"...Wherever and however you want."

DragonSong

Her hands came to settle lightly on his shoulders when he kissed her lower belly, and her eyes fluttered shut with a brief, soft sigh of utter contentment. His words sent a ripple through her magic that translated to a tiny shudder starting at the top of her head and trickling down her spine.

She opened her eyes and smiled at him again, basking in the starlight and the connection between them. "As you wish."

Without another word, she lowered herself gracefully to kneel before him, kissing him soundly on the mouth, once, before she began trailing her lips down along the line of his throat again. Once more, she traced the curves and dips of paint over his body, though this time with lips and tongue rather than her hands, which had drifted down to brace gently against his hips as she worked her way down his body. When she reached the fork of his legs she paused just long enough to shift his clothing aside, then bent to take him into her mouth. She was still gentle, but there was a new energy to her now, an eagerness as the connection between them seemed to only be reinforced with every touch.

She pulled back just enough to look at him, parting with a quick, playful lick. "Tell me how you feel?" she murmured, her voice little more than wind through leaves. One hand stroked lightly over his hip, her thumb following the edge of a whorl of paint. "Tell me what you want?"

She lowered her mouth to him again, though eyes remained on his face, flashes of amber gold through the shadows around them as she watched him intently.