Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Looks can be deceiving (Draco)

Started by ice, December 19, 2022, 09:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice

It was a good night for a hunt. The moon was full and it was bright enough to see prey . However it was also not dark enough to hide very good. Good thing this monster did not need to hide. He was more of a direct attack creature.

As he moved slowly through the land he did take time to look around. It was pretty here. He noticed that much. Though as a creature like himself he was always able to see beautiful things. He just never showed it was all.

As he was walking he heard something move. Now he knew that it could be something stalking him so he tensed up Abit. No it was small whatever it was. Good he could have a prey item on his hands then.

With that thought in mind he moved to where the sounds were coming from. Might as well investigate this new noise.
My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

Draconian

Being on the run was scary. Every moment was full of fear of being caught by mage-hunters and killed. She didn't know when she'd get her next meal, she didn't know the next time she'd feel warm of safe.

Grace had been walking a bit in a daze since that afternoon, lost and forlorn. The one thing she had, a bag that had contained little more than a change of clothes and a stale meal. Hungry and tired, lost now, too, she did little more than walk. And walk. And walk.

There was no where to go. No where to be. She was cold and tired and Grace scrubbed her palms to her eyes. Maybe if she found a bear den it would eat her. That would be better than being caught by mage-hunters. At least she knew what to expect from a wild animal.

Then there was a noise and she froze, eyes going wide and her hands by her face while she stared ahead. "H-hello? Is there anyone there?" she squeaked out, hands trembling, hoping there would be no answer because bears couldn't speak.

ice

Phears was just quietly following the sounds that he had heard. Now he was well aware of the dangers that came with walking around in the woods at night. After all he was a nighttime hunter for the most part. Though he was somewhat sure that he had nothing to worry about. He was careful though just in case.

However also he was a bit on the cautious side because some prey did choose to fight back when he chose to try to use his powers on them. He had to touch them for his powers to work. And strangely enough touch hurt this creature. He didn't really show it though. He didn't want to be thought of as weak.

As he got even closer to his prey he saw them. Now from the looks it was a small human. Well now that was very good. Small prey was not going to try to fight much. So he decided to answer her. In a creepy way of course.

" It's dangerous to be alone in the woods at night." He said in a dark growling voice. He wanted to put fear in her even before he got in to her range of view.

As he spoke though he walked in front of her. He was a tall dark shadow like creature. So his features wouldn't be very clear even in the light of the full moon. That is except for his glowing red eyes.
My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

Draconian

Red eyes.

Grace's own widened, a soft blue and her lower lip trembled before she steeled herself. She could hold fire. Surly she'd be able to converse with a.. a monster.

"I-" her voice was trembling and she swallowed back any panicked sobbing she wanted to do, "I know," she whispered, taking a step back like that would help at all. She couldn't see anything. Like everything was swallowed in an inky maw.

Just because she was a mage, she certainly didn't deserve to be eaten by a monster. Since it could seemingly talk, Grace took another step back and held her hands out so she didn't bump into anything, "Are you going to kill me? I'm really sorry for being out in the woods."

ice

Phears smiled as he watched his new prey. He knew that she was afraid of him. And that would make her more appealing as a prey item then if she was not. The more scared his victims were the better their fear tasted. And of course that was just what this creature wanted.

As he listened to her stammering as she spoke he smiled. Yes this one would be great fun to play with before he decided to take her. So with that in mind he answered her question.

" You may die or you may not. All depends on how strong your will is." He said in his growling voice. He wanted to see just how much he could have fun with her before he took her.and make her more decliuous to him.
My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

Draconian

The wood monster was checking her will?

Grace chewed on her lip and held her hands in front of herself while taking yet another step back, reading to turn and bolt. Would this thing chase her? Was she going to be eaten?

"I..." She stammered, "I'm not sure what that means," she whispered, another step back and something touched her back, to which she yelped and jumped away, breath coming out quick and sharp and with one last look towards the red eyes - Grace ran into the trees. "Please don't hurt me!" She cried, voice echoing out in the woods.

ice

Phears smiled as he watched his prey. He was thinking about how good her fear would taste. Then he heard what she said. Well you see if ones will was strong enough they could resist his powers. However he had never found anyone who could do that. And he was not going to tell her that either.

" You will find out." Was all he was going to say. Then he saw her backing up.Then he heard her give a Yelp. So she was easy to scare as well. This just got better and better.

Then he saw her run . Oh now he had to chase his prey down. He didn't like that very much. However he just smirked as tried to keep up with her. She would tire before he did that was for sure. Then he would definitely finish their little game . That what this was to him a game
My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

Draconian

Grace continued to run as long as she could. Until her lungs burned. Until he legs felt heavy. Eventually she heard nothing and the moon lit the way and eventually Grace tripped and she went sprawling. She could feel the skin of her palms tear and feel her knees bruise.

On her hands and knees, she panted, her hair a mess. She was going to be eaten. Maybe. Or not? That thing seemed so tall but it didn't catch up to her, so she quickly turned around and glared off into the darkness. "I'm not afraid of you!" she shouted, an arm up to cover her face. It was a boldface lie, but she'd have been eaten by now, if it was going to eat her. Right?

...Right?

ice

As she ran away from him the creature just followed her. He slowly increased his speed as he did not want to lose her in the woods. He wanted to complete his goal of making her scream for him. He loved hearing his victims scream.

As he caught up to her he just smiled. It seemed that she had fallen. Good he could get closer to her now. So that he could touch her with his hand. That was how he fed.

Then he heard what she said now. He could feel her fear so he knew that she was lying to him. However he would just show her what true fear was instead of talking about it.

" Foolish female you will fear me. All creatures fear monsters like me." He growled. Then he tried to get close enough to touch her. And if he did he would just lay a hand on her arm. One touch was all it would take to bring her nightmares to life.

My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

Draconian

All creatures fear monsters like me.

Grace shivered and remained still for a moment, eyes wide and trying to discern what this monster was. Did it have teeth? claws?

"What..."Grace shivered, lowering her arm and scooting back in the dirt, "What are you called?"

ice

The shadows around phears we're thicker than the night. However when he moved his hands she would be able to see that they had long sharp claws on them.

He cocked his head as he heard her question. He supposed that he could be kind and answer her. Though the answer may be just as frightening as not knowing was.

"In your language my name translates to fear eater. " He said now with a grin. If she peered closer she might see his sharp fangs as well. though he didn't use his teeth to eat or his claws to kill prey.
My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

Draconian

Claws and fangs.

Grace swallowed and licked her lips, straining to see more of the creature before it chewed out her eyes. Her hands trembled when she brought them to her throat when it felt like she was choking on her next breath.

"My name is Grace," she practically shouted, "could you make it painless when you eat me?" she said quietly, closing her eyes. "Please."

ice

The shadowy creature just watched as he heard the fear in his pleading prey's voice . So she had a name now. Could he really take the life of something that just told him her name? No he was a lot of things but he wasn't that much of a monster.

He studied just how pathetic she looked right now. He hated when his prey did this. The creature just couldn't take the life of something so innocent and weak.

He sighed and looked at her now as he spoke to her his voice a bit lighter than before. " My name is phears. Look I just can't take your life now. " He said to her now. Looks like he's going to have to find another prey item tonight.
My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart

Draconian

"You can't?" Grace chewed on her lip and looked away into the darkness. Heart pounding still, she shuffled back and curled her arms around her midsection.

"I just want to go home," she said, drawing her knees up and pressing her forehead to them before she began to sob.

ice

The shadowy creature just watched the girl. He heard her say that she wanted to go home. Now that was something he couldn't understand. Humans had a concept that they had family friends and all of that. However where he came from was a place of violence and hatred. So he had never experienced something like a home that cared.

As he was going over this in his mind he just sighed. " Why not just go back to your home then . Or are you a stray that doesn't have a home to go to.?" Phears stated softly. He was just unsure about leaving her alone in the woods at night. Though he wasn't going to be a bother to her either.
My creations

The kind monster
Phears Venintalla

The feral king
Casscocus Avendal

The insect queen
Cassava Vail

The moody spirit
Raven Darkheart