Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At The Stone Temple (Ric)

Started by Anonymous, October 07, 2009, 03:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Freya Alinari sat alone, cross-legged in a corner of the stone temple. Her right hand was outstretched, and she stared down at it, deep in concentration. Slowly, something began to form in her hand: a small strand of what looked to be some strange, wispy material. It was hard to tell what color it really was, as the colors kept shifting. It started out blue, then switched to green, then switched to a pastel purple. It kept shifting between these and other colors. Whatever the strange material was, Freya seemed pleased with it, for a slight smile came across her face when it appeared.

Anonymous

Leather boots on stone, hardly making a sound as Mizer The Red headed towards a young girl, probably light years younger than him at least. Sitting there, alone in a corner. Unforgivable, although the entire place was a disappointment he could at least bother to check up a few of its women. She was lost in thought perhaps or maybe it was the glowing orb that shifted color as she went along that made her ignore the surrounding area.

Just a few yard's left now and he stopped out of courtesy, >How sweet, just your kind of girl. Blonde long hair and that sweet, delicious innocence. To Bad its a public space.<  The dark passenger giggled inside his head, making him grin stupidly while supressing the urge to laugh hard.

Lost within the bulb of light the girl had made. His mind drifted slightly and he almost dropped the bowl of soup. Temple food was always decent and free, the latter being his reason for coming at all. They could not help him return to Infinite fortress. >No one can.<

Ignoring the dark passenger as it teased him, instead focusing at what he had approached her for. "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you doing?"

(You did not give me alot to work with so i made what i could with it. In the little time frame i had before bed. Good night ;p )

Anonymous

Startled, Freya dropped her hand and looked up. As she did so, the color-changing wisp disappeared. "Oh, hello," she said, sounding very distracted. Then she smiled and said, "Nice to meet you" in a cheerful voice.

"I'm not very skilled yet, but I am working on developing my psionic abilities. Some would call them 'psychic powers,' I suppose, although I don't use terms like that. Some would think of it as a type of magic, but I distinguish it from magic. Not everyone can use magic, but I believe that absolutely everyone has the ability to use psionics, even if they don't realize or acknowledge it." Freya smiled again as she finished her explanation.

Anonymous

Mizer sat down, his back next to one of the wall's near the gal, Feeling the cold chill of rock press against his clothing.

He ignored it, instead listening to the blondie talk while chugging a spoonful of soup. Salty, yet decent. Quality of the meat enhanced by magic, herbs, prayer and wonder no doubt. With a warmth that satisfied him for a moment and then it was gone already wanting another bite, licking the spoon for residue before putting it down in the bowl again.. Mouth filling with saliva.

But the girl had finished speaking and now he had to come up with a rebuttal, that shouldn't be to hard. >How about. Your a pretty woman. Have my babies.< The dark passenger in his head, teasing him again. Stupid. It knew sentences like that would hardly work but still it said so just to annoy him.

Worst part was that it was right, he had approached her with that in mind but now that the dark passenger taunted him. It was hard to not just get up and leave just to. >Have me tease you for being socially inept.<

Blushing in shame, trying to hide his face by looking down into the bowl but failing rather badly. "Everyone huh? What kind of purpose can it serve?"

Anonymous

"Well," Freya replied, "there are many different kinds of psionic abilities. What I was working on just now was some very basic energy manipulation." She continued with her explanation, not seeming to notice Mizer's embarrassment. "Energy is everywhere, although I focus on using energy from my own body. It's possible to concentrate and use that energy in many different forms. I was simply trying to make a small ball of energy in my hand."

"Oh my, I talked too long about that, didn't I? I'm sorry. I hope I'm not boring you. I should summarize some other things that can be done with psionics. There's telekinesis, which you may have heard of...moving things without touching them, you know? People can be healed with psionics; there's telepathy: 'speaking' into someone's mind...There are all sorts of things you can do with it, you see. I find it really exciting."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Here I am launching into detailed explanations, and we don't even know each other." Freya smiled again. "I'm Freya. I'm often here at the temple, but I don't remember seeing you here before...Of course, I'm sorry if you have been here and I never noticed. My mom says I always have my head in the clouds, although she isn't much into what I've been talking about...calls it 'a bunch of weird hocus-pocus'..."

Anonymous

"The name is Fredric Mizer, travelling mage. Just passed by the temple for free food and conversation."

>and a cure. You forgot to mention your sickness.<

Mizer had lost the ability to feel sadness and anger. Instead of those feelings it was always a shy hollowness that left him wide open for the dark passenger to invade his physical and mental self.

So he smiled instead apparently unfazed by his mental partner's choice of words while stuffing his face with delicious soup. Thinking of things to come rather than delving upon what was already lost in the past. Not that the future held better things just a generally better view. >Unless i ruin it.<

The dark voice inside his head trying to remind him of the fact that he was transforming little by little and did not have much time to spare. "Your mother must be worried about her daughter she raised. it is only natural."

Anonymous

"I suppose you're right, Mr. Mizer...about my mom," Freya said. "I don't see how she could possibly have not expected for me to be interested in something like magic or psionics, though, considering I grew up here in La'marri, surrounded by such things all the time...We're close, though, even though we don't quite see eye to eye."

Freya looked puzzled suddenly as she looked at Mizer, and looked more intently than she had before for a few seconds. "I may be wrong, as I am just training my abilities, but something about you seems...I don't know...off. Something about your surrounding energy, what some would call your aura..." She looked away towards a far wall for a second, blinking her eyes rapidly. "I never felt such a strange energy from someone before...but maybe it's nothing..."

Anonymous

>HA, even she can somewhat see me, a novice. Now that is funny considering I have hardly started the invasion of your body. Just two emotions, there's so many left.<

It answered greedily upon the girls request by giving Mizer a pounding headace, the sickly green and black aura growing in strength within seconds. >Can you see me now child!< it screamed out to the girl while Mizer carefully put down the bowl of soup. "I would appreciate it if you did not." Clenching his fists in stubborn refusal. "Mention the aura again."

>Aw comon, its inevitable that we eventually fuse. I'm just waiting for the opportune moment to be the winning consciousness and that's not now. Just surrender for a little bit. Let the tension go. LET ME GREET THE GIRL PROPERLY, you stubborn foolish wizard. LET ME OUT<.

Wrestling with his leecherous sickness until it eventually gave up. >Ch. fine, you cheapskate. We do share body and your using it allot more than me already. At least let me seduce the girl for you, its obvious that I'm the one with the mysterious charm's and sex appeal. She wants me not you.<

Picking up the bowl of soup again, he decided to eat more before saying anything else. The warmth almost gone, leaving salt and coldness to stew his sense of taste.

Anonymous

"I'm sorry," Freya said quickly. "Maybe you don't believe in such things, or I am completely wrong." She looked a little troubled as she said this, though, and a little pale, almost sick. She coughed slightly. "Perhaps I've over-exerted myself in my practicing today," she said again, again speaking too quickly. The feeling she had received from Mizer was obviously still troubling her.

If she was still troubled, though, it passed from her face before she spoke again. The cheerfulness from before returned to her manner as she said, "I've gone on and on, and although I know your name now, Mr. Mizer, I don't know anything about you. What brings you to the temple? You said you're a traveling mage?"

Anonymous

"My mind is rather open with regards to power's. I did after all not originate within this realm yet my powers feel at home regardless." His head still throbbing, yet not as hard as the mind wrecking thumps he had been getting when the dark passenger prodded his physical self. He had been travelling around for weeks now.

Trying to understand what was going on within his body.

Chugging down the last contents of his bowl with soup and salty meat, patting his stomach while savouring the rather bitter aftertaste, thinking of what to answer. The girl had asked rather earthly and important questions considering her claims of airheadedness. This was rather astounding.

"Yea I'm a travelling mage, or well the correct therm would be wizard but that makes it sound like I'm old. This world really is magnificent. Shame that everywhere i go there is not a single place capable of decursing my soul."

His dark passenger giggling in the back of his head, perhaps he should not have told her of the problems he faced. regretting the last part he grinned content, faking happiness. " Don't bother too much with it, I did not seek you out just so i could share my burdens. I came for the view and to perhaps have your odd sort of magic explained. Not to settle down and forge bonds of friendship."  

>I'm going for your eyes next. Hihiihihihi. ENJOY YOUR VIEW WHILE YOU CAN.<

Not taking the comment too seriously. his dark friend within the minds eye was  very fickle and prone to change his mind within seconds thought.

" I live on borrowed time, you see. So the little things in life are fast and faar between. Marvelling at your looks for a few seconds will keep my mind at ease for a day or two at the very least."

Sighing at his own impotence, and inability to lie or keep quiet about himself. Mizer rose up from the comfort of sitting. With the empty soupbowl still in his hand's. Nodding his goodbye.

"Shame, if i had the time i would have wanted to make your aquaintance. Perhaps even asked you out for a date or tried to study the psionic art's."

Anonymous

Freya blushed obviously at the comment  "Marvelling at your looks for a few seconds will keep my mind at ease for a day or two at the very least." What did this strange man mean by that? Since he was getting up to leave, what would be the use of flattery? Why he said that didn't matter, though. What really bothered her was that he had said something about being cursed. Perhaps if she had not grown up surrounded by magic she would have thought this a metaphor, but she certainly thought there was more to it than that...Maybe the strange feeling coming from Mr. Mizer had been something real...

"Wait...Mr Mizer!" Freya said as she saw him get up to leave. "Maybe what troubles you really is none of my business...but I feel like, whatever it is, you may find help here. People of all sorts, especially mages, live in and pass through this town...and this temple is thought by some to be a sacred place. She stood up as she said this. "I don't know if there is some way I could help you,  but maybe you can find someone here in La'marri who can help you."

Anonymous

Mizer stopped moving when the girl asked him to stop. It was instinctively and instantly afterwards he felt a pang of guilt slide into the remains of his heart. Unable to cry nor feel sorry for her or himself his mind escaping into the realm of emotionless statues.

Then it struck from the darkness of his soul. He did not have time to react or surmount a defence this time. The world spinning as he staggered on wobbly leg's no longer his. The upper body desired to run and yet the lower half would not pay heed to it's commanding motion's. As if he was being held back the upper body slid forward, trying to stagger his feet forward yet failing even that. The unbalance created by this forward momentum floored him into a kneeling position. Looking down into the darkness of his own shadow Mizer saw greedy eyes, and a firm shadow latching itself onto him. Penetrating the clothing like a ghost yet every inch touching him felt like razor sharp fang's as cold as ice.

His view distorted, several bright color's and contures fleeing his vision. Then they penetrated the skin. It felt like being stabbed by a thousand dagger's. Not managing to hold back the tears of pain, the body shivering in agony.

Clenching his jaw shut as another set of imaginary dagger's tore their way upwards his spine, before settling at clutching his head. >Help she Say's.< His dark passenger laughing maliciously within the darkness, it felt so real now. Not something from the mind any longer. As if it was right here in reality with him. >Hope she gives.<  So terryfyingly devoid of one set motion, always shifting its contures with the wind, orange sunlight and lastly the amount of darkness. > I WILL TAKE HER AWAY just you watch.< it giggled gleefully as the world turned into a mixture of black yellow and orange light's

Suddenly a spectator of his own body. Watching it rise from a rather humilliating position.
Every shadow inside the room, gaining a firmness from a realm beyond this one. Everything stretching and reaching to embrace the girl while Mizer or well, something that currently had his body. A devilish yet commanding and dangerously sinister slit's for eyes. Glowing orange eyes like the sun.

She was like an angel, pulsating within the light of her own hair and rather innocent soul. He could see her thoughts extended towards his body, recoiling as it hit his own reflection. That of a demon, every step he took against her's eccoed within his mind, leaving traces of dark matter on the floor.

A sick yet twisted face featuring unnerving black hole's were his eyes had been, and large claw like hand's intending to rip her to shred's. "You still want to help, I hope."

Mizer wanted to scream, to tell her it was not him there. Yet she would be unable to see much of what it did within the surrounding's. Everything he saw was within the spectrum of an alternate reality.

>I'm taking her, and there is little you can do to stop me.< Then it laughed hard at his helplessness further fueling the firm grasp it held over his body.

Anonymous

(OOC: Thanks for editing this. It is clearer now.)

Very startled and confused about what was happening to him, when Mizer fell to the floor, Freya rushed to his side, calling to him, yelling in fright, "Mr. Mizer! Mr. Mizer, what's wrong? What's happening?" Freya had always had natural ability in the empathy area of psionics, and she could sense frightened feelings coming from Mizer, but she could also sense other feelings which were much stronger, and although she couldn't put a word to them, they felt evil. As these feelings flooded into her awareness, she felt some physical sickness again: nauseousness combined with a headache. Something was definitely not right here.

When Mizer rose, Freya stared as she realized that he looked very different; looked terrifying. What was going on? He looked ready to attack! Had she been wrong to trust this man? The words her mother often spoke went through her mind: "In the world we live in, you can't afford to trust anyone."

Freya never wanted to heed those words, and it had led her to trouble before...but she wasn't quite as innocent as she looked. She didn't just stand and panic as Mizer came towards her menacingly. First she did scream, hoping someone would hear and come to her aid, but then she pulled out a small dagger which had been concealed on her person, and although her hand was shaking, she looked ready to use the weapon. She lunged towards Mizer suddenly with it, thinking that maybe if she acted right away, the element of surprise would be on her side. She aimed for Mizer's shoulder, not really thinking, but with enough thought that she knew she wasn't aiming to kill, just to injure Mizer enough so that he couldn't hurt her, hopefully.

(OOC: I wasn't really sure what to do here...and I don't want Freya to die, especially as I just created her...Maybe it would be best for someone else to show up? I don't think of Freya as much of a fighter, so it's not looking good for her.)

Anonymous

(ooc: no its quite alright. neither mizer nor his mind's nemesis wont harm her like that not unless she totally overreacts and aims for the heart. <,<)

Black fluid oozed from his shoulder and Mizer felt this horrible shocking set of sensation's flooding his mind and paralysing his body as momentum carried his shoulder backward's and then the momentum stopped as shadow's solidified his posture, cementing him to the ground with Freya's knife in his shoulder.

The knife was stuck. Mizer still grinning rather devilishly. "I guess I deserved that one." The voice was smoother yet hoarse and dark. Not the voice of the man who had stood there moments ago. "I must thank you, the cataclysm resulting in my temporary hold over this shell could not have been done without you."

Looking around himself to see if anyone had reacted to her sudden outburst. Fortunately they were in a corner so most of it had gone by without any real spectacle nor did it seem to be any witness moving in to separate them yet.

Their hands touched as this mysterious yet obviously evil person helped her yank the knife back out and he inteded to hold onto her hand if only so she would not use the knife once more. "I am the "curse" that this wizard carries around. You can call me by his name. Nice to meet you too." After a minor silence he decided to brake it again. "Curse was such a strong word. Leech might be more appropriate. Beside's it is probably too late, This body has accepted me twice already. and Twice i have taken an emotion with me. This time it will be his eyesight. Next his ability to feel compassion. hehehe. Or what do you think? His ability to taste food instead?"

The cheerfull yet dark grin, revealing his entusiasm over the subject was rather sickening. "Other than that, it is rather marvellous that we share the same taste in women. Like what are the odds of that eh?"

Anonymous

Freya took back her dagger, staring at the black fluid that now covered it. She then looked up at the strange creature before her, backing away. "What are you?" she said quietly, with fear in her voice. Other thoughts flooded her mind, although that was the only one she had voiced. Why had he come here? What did he want from her? What was going on? Her body was tense, ready to run away, but she still stared at what Mizer had become, wondering what it was; what Mizer was.

(OOC: Sorry this is short and I took so long with it. I wasn't sure how to react at first.)

Anonymous

"Curiosity killed the cat." Mizer purred like a giant kitten observing Freya rather than act upon his whims.

His black blood already retracting back into his wound shaped like the face of a dragon it froze for a few seconds, sending waves of fear as a pair of red eyes observed her from the darkness of the blood. Yet it was a firmness and will within the darkness. Then it spoke.

"What i am should not matter. I just want a cure from this wretched existence. To share bodies with people ain't exactly my ideal habitat. Would you help me find that cure? "

Anonymous

"If I help you find the cure you speak of..." Freya said slowly, "you won't have to share bodies with people anymore?" She was still afraid, and was afraid of how much more powerful this thing would become with its own body, but if it no longer tormented others by sharing their bodies, that would be a good thing...right? What would she be getting herself into if she agreed to help? What would she be getting herself into if she didn't agree to help? and why her? Why pick a young woman who was a total novice with her chosen path of psionics?

Again Freya did not voice every question in her mind. She just looked into the thing's eyes, not wanting to call it Mizer even in her mind, when it was something separate from that man. She looked and waited for an answer to her question.

Anonymous

Grimacing as he listened the shadowy entity twiddled his thumbs impatiently, obviously amusing itself with her situation before looking at his wrist as if there was something there. "Yea that's a valid question, however time is up. Good luck."

With a grin the darkness vanished, retracting itself back leaving Mizer to stubble around on weak knee's a shoulder throbbing like mad with pain and worst of all, all he saw was darkness.

Mused he lifted his legs testing them, then his arm's. Both burdened by his clothes and feeling rather off. "Are these my arm's and leg's?" His left hand smacked into the right side of his face, a simple test. Aye he felt the pain. But was this really his hand?

Taking the situation calmly, after having spent what seemed like ages in a realm of suck he definately enjoyed this far more than that. Sniffing the air he was reminded of his surrounding's somewhat. "Oh, i was with a girl. Are you still around here somewhere Freya? He scared you off didn't he?"

Anonymous

"I'm still here," Freya said shakily. "What...what happened to you? You...changed." The word "changed" seemed like a vast understatement here, but she wasn't sure how else to put it. Freya backed away from Mizer a little, looking at him in fear. "What...whatever you changed into, it spoke of sharing your body, and that it wants a cure from needing to." She wasn't sure if Mizer was aware of this other self of his.

Anonymous

"And it is getting progressivly worse." Mizer could feel tendrils of chaos teasing the back of his mind like a posessive child it toyed with him. The only cure it wished for was to rid itself of him, to have free reign over the body. For him to accept chaos.

"I will endure, that is why im still present."

(ooc: will take time to get back into the mindset i had when i first started out with this thread but its getting there)