Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At The Stone Temple (Ric)

Started by Anonymous, October 07, 2009, 03:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"You will...endure?" Freya wasn't sure what else to say. She looked at Mizer for a while in silence.

Anonymous

He sighed and looked upwards in his blindness, as if seeing something in the horizon. "I am being drawn somewhere. I'm not obeying the call so the creature inside me has become increasingly aggressive and angry."

"I had hoped to find something here but again my efforts have proven vain." There was an emotional blackness drawing him to the west. It was cold yet beaconing, giving him back his sight temporarily as he turned his head towards it. Naturally, how tempting. "I guess i should see who is calling for me, despite the chill in my spine."

Anonymous

"Well...Good luck to you," said Freya uncertainly. "I wish I could be of some help, but I am not very powerful."

Anonymous

"A companion would be nice, especially one as bittersweet as you." As if suddenly he had regained sight, Mizer alluringly closed in on Freya a seductive grin perched on his lips and a confident stride.

"What say you an adventure once awhile to freshen the soul right? It's not like we would be gone for more than a few months travel at a leisurely pace." He asked her, confident in his approach for he had experience with the dealings of women. "Because we would want to check the sights right, no need to hurry along but I guess you have ties weighing you down."

"Have you not longed to get away for some time, to jump out of your nest and fly freely?"

Anonymous

"An adventure? Really?" Freya said excitedly. Then she seemed to rein in her excitement a little, although the pace of her speech increased as she continued to talk. "Well, yes, I have wanted to leave here. I've never been very far...although I am not sure my mother would be...I mean, we are close and she has little other family...but I suppose she had to know I would want to leave someday...I mean, I always dreamed of traveling, I would pretend I was on adventures, and...oh, but it does seem crazy, doesn't it? To think of traveling with you, I appreciate the offer but I do barely know you, and, I hate to say this, but your...your other self, whatever he may be, frightened me greatly..."

Whatever Freya said to rationalize staying in La'marri, she had a look that said she was hopeful for a chance to leave and go on the kind of adventure she had dreamed about, however uncertain she was about going after those dreams.

Anonymous

"Hoo?" He mused questioning her initial excitement before nodding in approval to her rejection. "He was reacting to something inside this temple, sensing something I can barely fathom at all." he watched her pace calm down as she invented ties to hold her down. "You talked a lot about your mother, is there something wrong with her that prevents you from fulfilling your dreams?"

His initial thought processes stopped and new branches sprung out clawing for more information like a hungry wolf. > Intriguing, lets find out more. < His darker friend whispered to him. Cold but he needed to be prudent he had a few backup questions to not arouse suspicion that would aid him in the act he might commit to on a later occasion. Such a cute thing tied down by family. So wrong, oh bonds of fate he thought while gently considering his options. > A devils ploy, we will take care of her problem before moving on. <

His inner voice taunting him to reveal itself again but he did not fall for such teasing. "So for what reason do you practice this emphatic set of abilities? You never mentioned your motivation for doing such a thing."

Anonymous

"Well, to your first question, my mother's alright. She'd do fine on her own. It's just that I've never been far from her, I suppose," said Freya. "As for my motivation for being a psion, well...I have multiple reasons, I think, when I stop and think about it. I was always fascinated by anything magical or that seemed magical, for one thing. Another thing is that I had some natural psionic abilities from a young age, without training or realizing what I had. It was nothing major since I had not been trained, but sometimes I knew more of how family members, especially my mother, were feeling, than I could have known normally. I could tell when those I was close to were upset, in particular, no matter if they tried hard to hide it or not. It's not like I could hear their thoughts in my head or anything really weird like that, but somehow I was able to sense how they felt."

Anonymous

"So you can sense emotions? Did you ever casually mention to her your desire to travel while listening in to her emotions? Is that why you don't travel? " Mizer moved his eyes to a spot in the wall, it looked like any other spot but t`was not. Every building has one for each room. A spot that collects negative energies, the real reason he had ever entered here in the first place. Public places frequented by more than 1 person gather up a lot of this energy and nobody ever realises it.

"Have you ever gotten a glimpse of something out of the corner of your eye? A simple movement?." His question was odd and unrelated to anything previously asked.

Anonymous

(OOC: Sorry I took so long to get to this.)

Freya looked to be thinking for a moment. "I suppose I've tried to do what you said, about tuning into my mother's emotions while mentioning my desire to travel, but I think her emotions on the matter are mixed. They're hard to completely pin down or figure out...and what do you mean about catching movement in the corner of my eye? Maybe I have, but I think that could happen to anyone, really...with light that plays tricks on the eyes; shadows..."

Anonymous

"That's true in most chases, just remember that there is a reason your body sometimes responds to those movements with fear, this is especially important if you intend to travel alone." A brief smile humouring some random thought as he eyed the spot he had found. Not really looking at her anymore as he asked a final question, trying to be casual about it.

" Even if you do not desire to follow me on my travels perhaps I could repay you for the view and casual banter by trying to convince her that you should be let loose upon the world. No promises though, I have a small gift of speech and my dark partner in law seems to agree with me for once."

So odd how people let such negative energies grow, even with the most casual of thoughts, the smaller ones become larger some are even fuelled by anger and hate creating the more vicious and energised of portals. This mark was potent, because of the amount of people venturing here.

<Good, good. We are grateful not sinister, we are content not malicious. Our mask is flawless and when we decide the situation is ripe, we shall attempt to slay this inhibitor of human potential. How dare this mother exert her parental influence like that, such beauty deserves to be out and about, free to be hunted and not tied down by such petty emotions. On a side note there is much to behold in grief and anger. Perhaps even vengeance, oh yes I certainly hope so.> His dark entity whispered silently in the background, like a deafening echo in the back of his consciousness, a black hole in contrast to the sun that was his real side.

((( OOC: yes he intends to kill her mother and anyone dear to her to act as a catalyst for her to venture out and about. Though should you not wish so or perhaps should you wish to see what happens but not have it official we can but restrict it to this thread and leave it at that. )))

Anonymous

(((OOC: You can go ahead with your idea. Thank you for asking me about it first.)))

"What do you mean by talking of these movements I may see in the corner of my eye? Are you suggesting that some are something sinister? Something I should be aware of? Not just a passing fancy or trick of the light? What are you saying these...these things...are?" Freya looked around her in several directions fearfully for a moment, as if expecting to see some kind of monster appear. She then relaxed and laughed slightly. "I'm being silly, acting like a monster would just appear out of nowhere! but anyway...You say you could talk to my mother for me. I suppose that could be alright, although I don't quite see why she would listen to a stranger...She has this saying, you see...'In the world we live in, you can't afford to trust anyone.' She's been telling me that since I was a little girl, so you see, she doesn't take too kindly to strangers, although many pass through town. and I'd be afraid of...whatever it is that shares your body...coming out again. I don't know what I would do. It was good to meet you, Mr. Mizer, and I hope you find someone who can help you; perhaps other traveling companions, but I think I'll head home now."

Freya smiled a little and gave Mizer a small bow before turning to leave the temple. She walked a little quickly, and her face, besides a smile, had shown a bit of fear.

(((OOC:Sorry if that's not quite the response you were expecting. I thought about Freya simply inviting Mizer to go with her but decided against it. Perhaps he could sneak along and follow her? or if you come up with another idea you could use that...Like I said I am fine with your idea but Freya simply saying Mizer could join her at home didn't seem to fit for me.)))

Anonymous

"Haha, monsters jumping out of shadows if it only was that easy to describe, just keep in mind that  there is a reason your body reacts to these shadows with fear." Knowingly he left with his answers.

He surrounded his body within the shadow of the temple and made sure nobody where looking before the man melted within it like a cloud of blackness he eventually evaporated like steam, travelling and awaiting Freya`s footsteps.

He had spent enough time in her presence to recognise it easily, like a leech the shadowy cloud wrapped itself around her shadow using Alice herself as a means of transport, a very simple transport.

Like a shadow serpent he followed her, trough the vast roads created by other peoples shadows, much less dependant on vision, hearing or the sun but more trough the vibrations sent from her soul.

Undetectable with normal means or even conventional magic, he was passing trough the matter and the fabric maintaining the universe as it exist in our minds. A fourth dimension filled with shadows and other unseen things where time and place is only relative to the people traversing this sort of space. Like a mental hook, he had latched himself to Freya akin to that of a mosquito or more accurately, an undetectable parasite

He opened his ears to hear what she heard while shifting trough the new shadows she encountered waiting patiently for her to arrive home, to her mother and possibly rest of her family.

(ooc: oh he is following alright ;P)

Anonymous

(OOC: I think you may be thinking of a different character...My character here is named Freya, not Alice. just to clear that up)

Freya walked along out of the temple unaware of anything strange happening. She did not look back. She didn't want to after such a strange encounter. It certainly had been a strange meeting, "although I thought I was used to meeting strange people by now, living in such a place" Freya thought.

Freya arrived at her house, if one could call it that. It was more of a little shack, for Freya and her mother were not exactly well off. After she walked in the door this was even more obvious, for the wooden furniture was very simple and there were very few decorations besides some potted plants scattered here and there.

"Mom?" Freya called. "I'm home!"

Freya's mother appeared. She did not look too much like Freya except for the same long blond hair and bright blue eyes. She had a stockier build than Freya, with broader shoulders. She was also a little fat although not very.

"Where have you been?" Freya's mother demanded. "You knew I needed some help cooking dinner!" She held a kitchen knife and was in the process of peeling and cutting a few carrots to be cooked.

"I was at the temple for a while, mom." Freya answered.

"Practicing your hocus-pocus again, I daresay," said the mother with a sniff of disapproval.

"I was practicing my abilities, but they aren't 'hocus-pocus'." Freya's demeanor quickly changed from cheerful to angry. She tried to change the subject, however. "Anything I can still do to help?"

"No, I'm about done the preparation now. It just needs to cook." The mother put some freshly-cut carrots into a pot over a fire. It seemed to contain a few other vegetables and some broth, for a simple soup. "I really don't like you wandering around that temple alone, you know," the mother said. "It's dangerous."

"I'm twenty years old, mom. I can take care of myself."

"You say that, but I'd feel better if your brother was in town and could go with you. He can defend himself much better than you can, you know."

"I know, mom. He's quite a swordsman. Maybe I could get him to teach me sometime."

"Maybe."

"Mom?"

"What?"

"You think I could ever go on adventures like he does?"

"It's part of his job, honey, as a mercenary. I don't think you're cut out for his kind of work."

Freya sighed and looked angry again. "You don't think I'm cut out for anything."

"That's not true. You're a very bright young girl, and beautiful, too. Maybe you could find yourself a rich husband and get out of here." Freya's mother looked wistful.

"I don't want a rich husband. If I ever marry I want it to be because I'm in love. like you and dad were."

Freya's mother sighed. "Love him I did, honey, but he could barely provide for us. Love isn't everything, my little dreamer girl."

"Well love or no love, husband or no husband, I can be just as successful as Jeremy. You'll see."

Anonymous

Observing from the shadows as his presence darkened the house, like a haunted ghost his invisibility towards direct sight and everyone's regular senses as he calmly listened in using the techniques developed by old wizards having observed poltergeists in action.

It was subtle at first, metal trembling and shaking, the windows made an average sunny day look grey as if it had been suddenly become clouded outside. He looked at Alices mother from his seating on a chair, his form currently shapeless only noticeable like a shadow in the corner of your eyes compulsion forcing you to accept that he was not there even as the chair had creaked with his weight.  

Two people under his spell and she wasn't that old with Alice's hair, what beauty for someone who had settled down and her husband was apparently dead.

<Such a waste to just kill her now, we need to cause a lasting impression so lets wait a while in the comfort of her house. Might get some information or even better find an imaginative way to eliminate this insiginificant obstacle.>