Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wood Elves of Fallow's End

Started by Codestar7, March 08, 2014, 10:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

I will start copying my novel into here, easy for me to get it online after I write it. I will put up about a paragraph a day. Enjoy reading it, and don't take too many names or plot, unless it's for this site. I'm hoping to finish and publish it. Enjoy! Once I write it up here.

Codestar7

Prologue

The Elven Warlord gazed upon the ranks of troops standing at attention in front of him, and shook his head. He knew he needed more numbers to face the orcish army in the east. The wood elves of Fallow's End numbered a mere 20,000. The orcs army contained 35,000.
"Farlak!" Shouted the Warlord, gruffly. The runner arrived swiftly, after clearly hearing his master's call.
"Rise swiftly to the Snow Elves in Lefeshire, ask them to send all the elves they can. By the request of Warlord Jorroo."Jorroo handed the runner a letter, and 10,000 sekrah. The runner obediently departed without question, wearing his loyalty like armor. The Elven Warlord brooded in silence for a few moments, waiting for action.

The runner was almost halfway to Lefeshire, when he met trouble. Ogres ambushed him, almost knocking him into the soil. Luckily, he possessed superior reflexes, allowing him to unsheathed two of his many daggers and impale his closest foes. He kicked behind him, sensing movement, sending one ogre into another. He then somersaulted backward, and drove his sword through two of them. More arrived, and Farlak began to flee. A bridge stood swaying in the soft wind ages if him. Rushing towards the bridge, the elf ignored the cries of anguish behind him. He neared the bridge. All of a sudden, a large ogre wielding the biggest pole arm he had ever seen, appeared from the trees charged towards the bridge. He stood like a guard, and challenged Farlak.

Tags: