Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When It Rains, It Pours {M}

Started by visualspice, July 14, 2013, 05:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He was the King of Thieves. He was the GOD DAMN FUCKING King of Thieves. And here he was, finding himself running around half of Connlaoth like an idiot over some girl he had become infatuated with and now she had gone off and married the Grand Duke. (Well, to be fair, Lady Kathryn HAD informed him about the engagement... not that it had stopped him before..) But he always seemed to have this terribly rotten luck with women as he angrily fondled the gold ring on his pinky. There were a lot of rings on his fingers, but this one represented his first mistake. And what he was about to do... might be representing his last.

And now that he had been spotted near the Grand Duke's palace, he fucking became a target for every god damn mordecai and soldier in the damn place. He'd go North or South, East or West, it did not matter, his face was plastered on wanted poster EVERYWHERE. Though he wasn't entirely sure if sometimes he was being chased after as the right person. Sometimes he'd be chased after, called the 'Allarrian Mage Bandit' or some crock of shit like that. And a pirate? Come on, did he look like a god damn fucking pirate!? He was the FUCKING KING OF THIEVES!!!

And now it was raining, no, scratch that, POURING, and his boots were soaked well through wiht water, as was his hair, HIS GOD DAMN FUCKING HAIR, which he took pride in and tended to with the utmost of care; was kept in a braid. And now, his god damn hair was a god damn soggy mess, and his long bangs now remained in spider like splinters across his face, dripping with rain.

"God damn fucking weather," he grumbled, leaning against the shadows beside a building as he sniffed and tapped his boots aside, attempting to shake out some of the extra water. Thankfully it was night time, and thankfully the guards, albeit there were way more than usual, were as stupid as ever. He had easily lost the ones who had been pursuing him,a nd once the coast was clear, he shook his head and took off down the cobblestone street, looking for something, anything that looked familiar.

She said she'd sent the letters to him here, in a book inside the library tucked away.
God damn it. Their relationship had turned into some stupid love letter war, and he vowed the next time he saw her, he'd have to break this off.
Or it'd fucking kill him.

Even so, he found himself muttering up a storm of curses as he made his way towards the Library in Uthlyn fully determined to find the lost written letters of his sweatheart; Kathryn. It was closed by now but he'd have to find a clever way to get in, and paused just before it, craning his neck up to take the thing in. God damn it..
Would that thing ever be one fucker to climb...
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Evangaline had the hood that her cotton shirt had up, it did little to stop the pelting of the rain. She was not dressed for that type of weather, nor was she ready for it, it was so much colder than she ever expected. Still she continued on in the darkened city. The letter she had received from her aunt  if anything played light of how Connloath was going down the path of division.
She was lucky though, she could hide her abilities and even the fact that she was Fae, she had seen other people who were not exactly that lucky. Her aunt was leaving her clues, and the next one wouldn't be too far away, though if she wanted the clue that night, which she did, she would have to become a criminal, something she hunted. Of course, her just being there and unmarked made her a criminal, she why the hell not?

The Library is what she had deciphered the code out to be, she doubted she was wrong, it was in her families little language they used when they were working bounties so she was very familiar with it. Still she doubted it for a moment, why would her aunt hide something in a god damned library?

She found herself turning a corner to a little hidden place from the streets, her eyes were up at the widow she would have to climb to, so didn't worry about anyone else being in the little alcove. Who else would be breaking into the god damned library anyway, after all, it would open again in the morning.

visualspice

Thank God he didn't have to climb the place. He wasn't a god damn monkey. And once his eyes cleaved through the sheets of rain, noticing this side of the library was clear, he pulled out his hook-shot, and pointed the thing at the roof. In a  quick noise, the hooked end shot out, raced towards the rooftop where it hooked against a flying buttress, making itself secure. He tested it by giving a few quick tugs and smirked, flicking his braid off of his shoulder before lifting his thumb from the release, and the hook-shot did the rest, taking him off the ground and flying towards the other end where the hook shot now remained clung into the metal siding.

So in just a few seconds, the King of Thieves was already up on the roof top and making his way towards the window. He glanced away, sinking into the shadows. So far, no one else was around. Perfect. So he wasted no time in opening the window, and slipping on inside.

There was a large chandelier in the center of hte room, hanging up high above the entire main floor of the library. It was the closest thing to him that would help him get a safer landing, so he took his hook-shot now and aimed it at the thing, and it bolted out, latched onto the brass chandelier and soon Dekka was flying on over towards it. He landed on it, the thing shaking lightly from his weight nad he remained crouched down low until the thing had settled. Then he smirked. This was going to be too easy. Not a soul was inside the place.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

The climb was a pain in the ass, but she didn't have to make it all the way to the roof she just hoped that the window would be locked or some how bolted shut. So with one hand hold and foothold at a time she had made it to said window. Once the window was open it would be cake from there. Opening the widow while not falling, now that was a feat in and of its self. She reached across her body with her left hand, having to slowly work the window up. The thing clearly wasn't opened much and was probably almost rusted shut.

Within several minutes though Evangaline had gotten it open just enough to slip her slim body into. Then, turning back to shut the window before wandering down to the main floor of the building. It would be hard to find what she needed in the dark, but she would, of course her eyes were better than humans.

visualspice

As Dekka remained perched in the chandelier, he heard a noise. He stilled his breath. Someone was trying to open a window. But where? His eyes searched all over. Fuck. He finally noticed something, or rather, someone as the thin silhouette of a woman came into view. Holding his breath again, he remained silent from where he was, just watching the woman below. Was she a thief or..?
Oh... wouldn't it be something if she were Lady Kathryn? It would be her sort of habit to run around dressed up like that and sneak into a place like this. A grin stretched across his lips, and he wasted no time in hooking the metal end of the hook shot to the chandelier, and then- in one quick motion, dropped down tot he world below.

Within seconds he was dangling in front of the woman, much like a spider as he grinned.
"Hello." he said suavely, giving the woman a leer.

paganchick

As Evangaline made it to the floor she knew someone was there. She couldn't see them, she couldn't hear them, she could feel them. Or better put, she could feel their power, a fire mage. Her body grew stiff for a moment, then, just like a spider lowering itself from its web a bad lowered into her view. The way he looked at her she knew he was half way expecting someone else.

Evangaline was now glad that her hood was so big, covering her features from the man. If he had any affiliation with the guard he wouldn't be able to describe her very well considering how dark it was and she was drenched to the bone.
She stood there is silence for a moment, he she had not felt him she probably would have probably nearly been scared shitless and would have tried to roast him with his own power. She couldn't afford to start a fight though. She needed to get her aunts next clue and be on her way.
"I don't know who you think I am, but I am not that person," She said simply as she moved to step around the man.

visualspice

Dekka raised a sharp brow, and nearly lost his grip upon his hook shot.
"No," he said, landing heavily upon the ground and retracted the shot back into it's gun. He looked her over with a frown. "You're not." He began to walk around her, eyeing her up.
"So.. what brings a girl like you into the library after hours? Couldn't get enough from a steamy, romantic novel?"

paganchick

"I could ask you the same question? Or is it a common thing for people to break into Libraries here?" Evangaline answered back shortly.
"Plus, what do you mean 'girl like me' You don't know me, there for you don't know what type of girl I am. I am really busy, I have places to go, a book to steal, so it would be nice if you go on about your thievery as well mage," Evanagline added as she started to navigate the library to find the clue.

visualspice

"Mage?" She spoke of it in nonchalance. Did she not know there was a war going on here? Or did she simply not care? And how the heck did she...
Smirking, she piqued his interest now as he followed after her.
"Who's to say we aren't after the same book to steal?" he asked her casually, eyes tracing hungrily over her form, trying to imagine what she might look like beneath it. And you know, without any clothes at all.

paganchick

"Yes. You heard me, I know what you are, I suggest you leave me be, it would be a shame if the guards were to find out, of course with the law I am sure they all know your face, maybe that is why you broke in, to steal that spicy romance novel to get you nickers all hot and bothered because you can't get a woman?" She spoke, her voice sharp as she took long determined steps.
"I am not after a romance novel, so I think we are in the clear in being after the same book."

visualspice

Oh, he liked her. He really did, and a large grin spread across his lips as he followed.
"Who's to say we couldn't share the same fuckin' book? There's a dark corner over there," Dekka said, stepping up to her side. "We could get better acquainted over there. Maybe share a few pages... and play them out?"

paganchick

Evanagline stopped dead in her tracked and turned quickly on her heels to face the man.
"I think I am more woman than you are ready to handle, for starters," Evanagline spoke challengingly as she stared up at the pain, her arms crossed over her chest.
"Second off, as I said before and you are clearly too dense to hear, I am a busy woman, I have places to be."

visualspice

Dekka's grin only grew wider
"I could be quick."

paganchick

"That is the point, I need a man who can last more than five seconds," Evangaline replied sharply before turning to finish hunting down the book.

visualspice

And Dekka's grin grew twice as wide as it had before, cutting lean across his face as it exposed the white of his teeth.
"Well then... we've got a few more hours of darkness.." he said, following along right behind her, keeping close.

paganchick

"You are really intolerable aren't you, do you not understand common? Do you not understand the word no? I have no interest in having sex with you,  I am busy. If you caught me when I was not busy in a place that I could better enjoy the view I would consider it, but not now you wretched fucking hound. Plus as you said, you would be quick, you would probably sleep for the majority of the time," Evangaline nearly growled before snatching a book off of the shelf.

visualspice

Dekka grinned.
"I only said I'd be quick because you wanted it. I can be whatever you want," he said, leaning suavely against the bookshelf and kept in front of her, his dark green eyes sparkling in the night.

paganchick

Evangaline pulled back her hood, revealing her eyes with differing colors  and her mess of curly burgundy hair.
"I said leave me be," She spoke her words sharp, flames flashing behind her eyes like a warning.
"Good day sir, I'm leaving now," She spoke harshly before turning her back on the man and heading back to the window.

visualspice

Dekka grinned.
"Oh, a fire mage too, are ya?" he said, his grin broadening as he simply followed though gave her some space....

only some.
"You know, between the two of us, things could get very 'hot'."

paganchick

Evangaline didn't say anything. Clearly the man was way too ignorant to understand that she wasn't interested in him and that she had better things to do.
"Who did you mistake me fore when you saw me?"