Quiet As A Mouse (M)

Started by visualspice, October 22, 2013, 07:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Lion! Don't read this yet until I edit it DX
*punts him away*

OK you can look BUT I KNOW YOU READ IT TOO EARLY, YOU CHEATER

----------

Renna Cartiste was doing quite well for herself by now. She had many correspondence and patrons, and thusly, a lot of money flowing in. A lot of men, very stressed from the war, needed to focus their efforts elsewhere, and a kindred spirit like Renna was the perfect remedy for the war time woes. She had dukes and soldiers all ready to pay her handsomely, and she only smiled sweetly in reply and obliged.

In truth, she felt bad for a lot of them, and was happy to be their supporting figure. She didn't even necessarily have to have sex with them. Just her sweetness was enough for a lot of them-
but then again, almost all of her patrons were men. And well..
Men mostly thought with their dicks.

"Well, they do," Jinai agreed, and Renna had to laugh.

"Well, yeah, they do," Renna said with a roll of her eyes. "But it's interesting to be seen as a symbol of comfort, not just sex."

Jinai thought it over before giving a shrug.
"I'm just glad that whole ordeal with the Christy's is over."

Renna's eyes lit up at that as she looked over at Jinai with a playfully, pretend leer.
"Ah, but I think he still pines for Lady Thames," Renna said with a waggle of her brows.

Jinai rolled her eyes.
"He just needed a good fuck."

"And you gave it to him."

"Yeah, good thing it was enough to impact him so that he changed his focus away from you. He seems to have all but dropped any suspicions...." and as she was thinking over it, she looked Renna over. "You know you have to be more careful."

Renna paused, her smile beginning to fade as she set down the cookie she had been biting into and nodded slowly towards Jinia.
"I know..."

"You've got a lot of information for us that we can use to help protect a lot of mages... and also to skirt around future attacks. You can't just use your powers openly. You have to ensure you're one hundred percent alone."

Renna, growing nervous, wrung her handa nd began to pace. "I know I know but..."

"If you get caught... think of the consequences. Not only on yourself.. but I know you've got that young duke's boy you've been pining over." Renna whirled around, her face falling at Jinai's words. "And if you want to protect him and yourself, you really need to redouble your efforts to remain discrete."

Renna nodded before turning back to Jinai.

"Well, what about you?"

Jinai raised a single brow.
"What about me?"

"Your face... it's plastered all over the cities now."

Jinai rolled her eyes. "Yeah, that was one big mistake I'll never make again," she grumbled. "But I've been fine. It's been years since those were placed up. I think most have forgotten about me."

Renna kicked her feet idly from where she sat as she sucked in on her lower lip, chewing on it.

"You know that thing with you and Lord Christy?"

"Yeah?"

Renna went silent a moment.
"I think you've made an impression on Jude Armand."

"Jude?" she made a face, then laughed. "Yeah, we fooled around a lot. I think he enjoyed the sex."

Renna laughed lightly. "I think he enjoyed more than that."

And Jinai caught the look Renna was giving her, but she turned away and shrugged it off and rubbed lightly at her shoulder.

"He's... a nice guy."

"And?" Renna said, flopping down onto her belly upon her bed as she kicked her legs up behind her. "Just nice?"

Jinai caught the look in Renna's too blue of eyes and rolled her own green ones.

"Nice, a good lay, and  I'll admit it.. we had some fun." Renna's grin grew and Jinai cut her a look. "But it's not like that, Renna."

"Oh, sure it isn't," the girl said, wrinkling her nose. "After you left, he confronted me you know."

Jinai went quiet at that.

"Yeah?"

Renna nodded her head. "Yeah." And then there was silence again.

"What for?"

Renna shrugged, resting her hands against her cheeks as she looked over at Jinai. "To warn me about Lord Christy, though I told him you had gotten to me first."

Jinai smirked at that. "Oh, is that so?"

"Yep, and then he proceeded to go into great detail about your time together..."

"Oh really.. and what did he say?" Jinai, by now, had gotten to her feet and was looking around Renna's room. This was her second house, for she loved her garden apartment here in Uthlyn and her town home in Reajh was just a bit too... close to the danger zone for her own comfort, so for the past few months, Renna had remained here. It also gave her a bit more freedom and time to see a certain Oakley Brennick on the side....

"Quite a lot actually..." Renna said with a playfully mean grin, but before Jinai had a chance to inquire further, there was a knock at the door.

Renna peeked her head up, and when her servant came by to tell her who was there, she gasped and slapped a hand over her lips.

"Jude Armand is here!" And then judging by the look on Jinai's face, she suddenly reached out and snatched onto her wrist. "And just where do you think you're going!?" she asked.

Jinai gave a pull at her wrist.
"Anywhere but here."

"Oh?" Renna laughed evilly and held on more tightly to Jinai's wrist. "I don't think so. When was the last time you saw him, anyway? He'd probably love to see you again!"

Jinai continued to pull on her wrist, growing irritated.
"Since the last time we fucked," she growled. "Let go for my wrist, Renna. I doubt he'd want to see me when I left him high and dry.."

But before she had a chance to protest, Renna called after her servant, "Let him in, Leesta! Let Mr. Armand in! ANd tell him to come right on up to my room! I've got a present for him!"

And as she laughed, Jinai's eyes went wild as she yanked her wrist away and made a line for the window. Gasping, Renna dashed after her.

"No! Don't leave! Come on, Jinai! At least say hello! I think he could use it-"

"LOOK, RENNA!" Jinai turned around, growling right into her face as she yanked her arm, once again from Renna's grip. "You might think this is cute, but let me tell you, Jude Armand and I.."
But she didn't get a chance to finish her thought as the door creaked open...

and there he was.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Business was good as usual, and Reajh like always had been a lively city with a bustling nightlife.  Jude, as much as he enjoyed the attention, hadn't felt much like getting caught up in it as much as he used to.  He entertained the usual clients, and a few unusual ones, but in the time that had passed since he'd last seen the ghost woman who'd called herself Jinai, the world was little more than a vague haze.  Everything moved by quickly: people on the street, the horses pulling carriages, and he just watched from the balcony of his townhouse, standing still amidst it all.

He still remembered the final day she stayed with him, how they'd played and made love.  If one could call it that.  That was always an unusual phrase, one he never thought would roll off his lips, but he didn't know what else to call it.  The moment he'd awaken, when afternoon fell through the curtains of his window, he felt the coldness beside him, and could have sworn he felt some of that seep into him.  "So that's what that feels like," he'd said to himself, even laughing a little, recalling the number of times, he'd left the sides of lovers who hurried him to vacate the house at the risk of discovery.

But it was a distant memory, one that Jude had shipped into the back of his mind and he went on with his life, certain he'd never see that ghost woman again.  But sometimes, very rarely, when he walking down the street, he thought he saw her image from the corner of his eye.  Sometimes, it was just a crumpled dirty poster, sometimes it was just another strange ghost of a woman, yellow hair and green eyes.  He would just laugh and keep on walking.

It was just a mirage after all, an illusion, must like the confusion that persisted every time he even thought about it.   And so Jude Armand lived on for the time being, lost in that haze, momentarily caught up in the uselessness of city life.  War pressed on, but the richest denizens of Reajh rarely felt it, so they went on in their blindness, which they didn't hesitate to share with those of like interests, or those that wished to bask in their influence, and provide a little something extra on their part.

But even Jude Armand needed a vacation from it all.  He took time away from his house in Reajh, packed up a private carriage and decided to drop in on an old friend that had settled into her new life in the life of a courtesan.  Renna Cartriste.  That and the fact that he had since intercepted another letter regarding the unusual nature of her gift, but he supposed it was just as good an excuse as any to turn into a social call.

Arriving in Uthlyn, Jude had found the city to be somewhat quieter than Reajh, if only because of the presence of greater intellectual sites than any other city in the country.  Travel had been a bitch, but it was worth it, and this was just the kind of peace he was looking for.  He found Renna's house all right, and when the servant, Leesta, had let him in, he'd given her his coat and thanked the servant before being shown upstairs.

He found it unusual Renna called for him to meet her upstairs instead of showing him into the drawing room as was customary, but with no way to question it, he obliged and carefully opened the door.  "Good evening, Re-," but his voice was caught short.  He didn't know what happened.  He was smiling congenially and peered at Renna, then at the stranger her hand was wrapped around.  He blinked and his smile softened, but did not disappear.

"Good evening, ladies," he greeted simply, bowing his head.  "Jinai.  You look like you just got a devil in you!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

At his words, Renna's hand went over her lips to conceal her smile and giggle; all the while Jinai's face burned into a flush.
"The devil to get the hell out of here," Jinai said flatly, then turned to Renna and noted her childish expression. "I was just leaving.." and she headed for the door.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

She was just leaving but that left Jude promptly in her way and though he did not move aside he bowed his head to her and frowned a little.  "So soon?" he inquired.  "Well, at least this time, I get to say hello and goodbye.  It was nice to see you again."  He gave her a once over and a small grin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jinai, hoping Jude would just let her have her exit, stiffened when he stood in her way and mentioned a certain missing goodbye.  It was awkward enough to find herself back in his presence, let alone back beneath his smile. But instead of returning it, she continued on in her suddenly soured mood.

"Yes, you ought to stay, at least until dinner!" Renna said, suddenly hooking her arm around Jinai's. Jinai looked down at the girl angrily as Renna gave her a pout. "You promised. And besides, you were supposed to stay the night!" ANd she bat her pretty lashes at her as Jinai grimaced.

"No.. I think I've already over stayed my welcome," she said coldly as she shot Jude a glare.

Lion

Jude observed Jinai's facial expressions and his expression turned wry.  He had to intensely resist the urge not to laugh in amusement and instead he just exchanged glances with Renna and then turned his gaze back to Jinai.  "Perhaps I came at a bad time, Renna?  Clearly you were preoccupied before I showed up."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh, never too preoccupied for you!" She spoke, all.smiles. "Just ignore Jinai's grumpiness. She's just upset how rotten her luck is that we were just talking about you when the devil showed up!"

Renna was too perky for her own good, and even Jinai was smiling as she sighed and shook her head.
"Yes, and even.more flustered my.exit has.been thwarted by two pesky.courtesans." Sighing again, she finally addressed Jude more.appropriately. "You look.well..Any good fucks laltely?"

Renna's jaw dropped at Jinai' words before she laughed.
"J-Jinai! That's NO way to.talk to a guy you like! And here I thought you'd gone to.charm school!"

Jinai bit her cheek.at.Renna's statement.
"No, that's just how I talk to all my.acquaintances," she said, folding her arms.over her chest.

"But.you.don't treat me that way!" Renna said with a pout. Really... Renna was just so..... Renna!!

"Naturally. That's because you're better looking." And as Jinai smirked, Renna giggled.

"Sorry Jude, I tried," Renna said with a playful grin. "I think she's stuck on her role of playing hard to get."

"You mean never to.get," Jinai corrected. "You courtesans forget I'm not.for.sale."

Lion

Jude quirked a brow at Jinai's presumptuous question.  "Wouldn't you like to know."  But his words were drowned out between them.

Jude smirked all the more at their conversation and interrupted it with a laugh.  "Oh, I don't mind, Renna, please.  Don't get so flustered over me," he replied and moved aside, toward Renna reaching for her hand and kissing it regardless.  His eyes smiled when he peered over to Jinai, unsure if he ought to give her the same greeting considering their level.

"You shouldn't sell yourself so short, Jinai," Jude remarked.  "You're stunning as always."  He turned to Renna and nodded to her.  "You mentioned dinner.  If your offer is still open, I'd love to attend."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna rolled her eyes, but clung onto Jinai's arm possessively.
"Then it's settled! We'll all enjoy the table together. Tonight's meal is pheasant and quail."

Jinai, shaking her head, stole a glance to Jude before remarking, "You upperclassman sure now how to live."

Renna sighed dramatically, "Yes, my life is so hard." She said, snapping out her fan and fanning off her face. She bat her eyes at Jude before pulling Jinai along.
"Come, let's go into the study. We can play parlor games before the meal." And she yanked Jinai away until both she and her friend were in her study.

Jinai, giving up her escape for now, found herself a nice chilled glass of wine and a chaise lounge and just enjoyed a relaxing moment while Renna began to dig through her things for a game to play.

"We could play cards, or 'guess that noble', or the blind fold game, though... really, there's too little of us for that, so hrm.." she shook it off and continued to rummage through her things, all the while Jinai enjoyed a long sip of her wine, and her green eyes curiously moving over towards Jude.

He seemed to be doing well for himself, his clothing as pristine as usual, and he, never more handsome. But then again.. he was a courtesan, she reminded herself as she took another long drink of her dark wine.

Lion

Jude's ass had found it's home in the comfort of an archair.  It was plush and comfortable with a velvet material over the cushions.  As Renna rummaged through her things for a game, Jude had poured himself a small glass or whiskey, just a sip of it to whet his throat when he felt Jinai's eyes on him.  He turned to face her and gave her a smirk, taking another drink of his own.

"How about a treasure hunt, dear Renna?" Jude said, not taking his eyes off of Jinai.  "Hide some items around the house and you give us clues on how to find it and whoever finds the most, or all of them, win?"  Jude then looked at Renna.

"Or maybe just a simple game of darts would be fun!" he suggested.  "I know Jinai would probably like to throw sharp objects."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai's smile crept wider across her face at Jude's sense of humor. Perhaps that's why she had liked his company during their little rendez-vous. She swished her wine around in her goblet at the suggestion while Renna popped her head up for a laugh.

"Well, I do have darts!" she said with a grin.

Jinai kept her eyes upon Jude.
"Then why don't we throw darts?" She crossed her legs, one over the other as she settled back in her lounge. "I'd be game."

"Alright! Let me go fetch the dart set. Don't you two go anywhere," Renna said with a grin before rushing towards the back of the study to unlock the chest that held the darts and board within.

Lion

Renna's departure to the back, Jude turned his gaze to Jinai and he raised a brow at her.  "You look good," he commented, taking another drink before laying the whiskey in his lap.  "It's nice to see you again.  How have you been?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai gave Jude a once over as she shrugged.
"You look good yourself, but it comes with the territory."
She wasn't about to let him know the horrors of some of her more 'recent' spy work. After all, the little rendez-vous she attempted in gathering information from the famous soldier known as the 'God of War' went rather... south...
Thankfully she was able to seek some comfort in her companion, Branwen. But he didn't need to know that, either.

"Were you able to return Lord Christy's papers alright?" she asked, knowing there was no sense in skirting around the issue, but before he'd have a chance to reply, Renna came back and exclaimed with enthusiasm, "It's here!"
And the young, spunky courtesan went about attempting to hang up the board.. though she was a bit short nad huffed and turned to Jude.

"Hey, tall-man, mind helping a lady out?" Renna asked, pointing up to the nail she just wasn't able to reach. "The board's supposed to go up there."

Lion

Jude would have answered had it not been for Renna.  But he immediately stood and set his drink on the table beside him.  "Don't look at my ass," he muttered with a grin.  He took the board from her and hung it up from the hook on the wall where it was supposed to go.  "There you go!  Did you look at my ass?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Knowing full well Jude meant that comment for Jinai, Renna could not help herself but respond.
"But of course!" she said, giving his ass a good smack. Then she winked up at him as she gave a playful laugh. "All of us courtesans have to make sure each other's asses are perfect. Yours.. I dunno, it's looking rather round today," she told him playfully.

And that was the only word Jinai needed to hear as she choked on her wine, some of it coming out of her nose.

Lion

Actually the comment had been meant for either of him, but it pleased him to know he had Renna's attention.  He rubbed his bottom and glanced at Jinai when she choked on her wine.  Grinning he moved back to take a drink.  "Thank you, Renna.  I was hoping to get compliments on it.  I've been exercising a lot more.  All that's muscle I assure you," Jude said, laughing a little.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai couldn't help herself but comment, "So you've taken on more male clients I see..."
And she stared at his ass appreciatively.

Lion

Jude gave a shrug of his shoulders.  "Male or female, those with good taste appreciate a fine example of the human form."  He grinned at her.  "But if you really want to know, no I haven't."  He looked up at Renna.  "Where are those darts then?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

While Jude approached Renna, Jinai had already gotten her hands into the box and scooped up a few darts for herself. So when she approached Jude from behind, she jabbed a sharp finger into his ass and said, "The darts are right here."

Lion

"Hey!! Jude yelped and stepped away from her.  He scowled at her and shook his head.  "Glad to see you haven't lost your pep."  He gave Jinai a sly smirk before taking some darts for himself.  "I'll have you know I'm fairly good at this game."  He kept his eyes on her as his left hand threw a dart and only looked at it when the dart hit the board, seeing it was in the circle beside the bull's eye.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: