Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let Them Eat Cake! (M!)

Started by visualspice, October 23, 2013, 03:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Calent paused with his lips ontop of her hand before slowly, she'd feel the kiss slack. A moment later, he was looking up into her eyes. She sounded angry, and oh.. yes.. she was.
Studying her face, he said nothing.
"I'm sorry if you feel as though you've been cheated..."
He had never been good at this sort of thing, a problem he had for most of his life. Well, at least since the incident..a nd that had happened fr what felt like decades ago...
and as he thought it over..
It was.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Kathryn's smile was a wry one.  "The optimism of youth."  Reclaiming a hand, she reached over for her glass, lifting it up in a salute before downing its contents.  "Well...  Stupidity."

Definitely stupidity.

"It should make you feel better to know I really loved you once."  She assumed it was love, anyway, because, at one point in her life, she had honestly looked forward to seeing him and worried about him...  She had gone out of her way to be there for him, even if all she could do was give him a glass of tea.

Then again, if that were the definition of love, her love for him had certainly never been exclusive, so perhaps it didn't count.

visualspice

Calent kept his eyes upon hers, never leaving them until he looked down to furrow his brow.
"I suppose it would seem." And there was a heavy silence between them before his features softened. "And there was a time I knew I loved you."
For what else was there to call it? He had chosen her, out of countless other women he ignored.
"But do not blame yourself I..." he frowned, thinking over the right words. "I've never been well since my father had passed.."
Or some might say.. when Serrah had died...
Though it was really after his father's death the nightmares had begun. And remembering what was more important, he turned to look at his wife.
"And any distance between us was of my own choosing, not because of you."
Yes.. it wasn't you, Kathryn, but me.

Even still...
He stared over her form with a sigh.
"When I proposed to you, Kathryn, I started to see the world for colors. But with the war and evne more sleepless nights, it seems I've forgotten it." Yes, everything turned to grey... and dare he even think about their son?
The very thought sent a chill right through him and panged his very heart.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Kathryn sniffed softly when he told her not to blame herself.  It wasn't a tearful sniff; it was indignation and some disbelief.  She was truly on the verge of telling him not to worry about that -- she fully blamed him, because she had tried.  And when that had failed, she had tried again.

But nothing could bridge that gap, least of all one, silly, heartbroken girl.

But as he went on, her expression, quite against her will, softened, and she struggled with herself for a moment, trying not to be drawn in to feel sorry for him and trying not to let his words touch her heart.  She wanted it to be dead, just like his -- because it wasn't fair that he should feel nothing and she should have to feel everything alone.

"I'm trying," she murmured, her voice taking on an emotional edge as it softened into a whisper as she spoke.  "I'm trying to be the best wife I can be.  But I can't do this."  Whatever...this...was.  All she knew was that it hurt, and if she let it swallow her whole, it would hurt even worse.

visualspice

At her voice, her word, her tone, Calent stiffened. He knew this was a long time coming- and he always just let it go. He had dozens of chances to try to make this work with he and his wife-
but he hadn't even tried. Lifting his gaze, he looked at her. This poor woman, trapped by their ring. He looked down at her fingers, to all the rings he had givne her- but were any out of love? But one...
maybe two but...

Ove rht years they were just 'gifts' for holidays,birthdays.. necessities. Realizing this, he glanced down at his own fingers, to where rings remained, standing and meaning nothing. Except one small ring he always kept. Fishing a plain, scratched silver ring, he looked at it.

"My mother used to say, nobility, marriage and love never existed together." he smild a little at the thought, rolling the ring between his fingers. "But she said she had somehow made what her and my father have work." He glanced down at his lap. "I hadn't realized the complications of marriage, perhaps that's why I chose to marry so late- though perhaps that was my folly. I... was never really good at courting."

Ivory

"It's not the courting you were bad at."  On the contrary, he had made her love him...  Wasn't he listening?

Perhaps he had misunderstood...  She hadn't been very specific, after all.  She watched him play with the ring, rolling it over his hand and through his fingers.

"And your mother..."  She barely kept herself from saying the woman was an idiot, although the tone was clearly there.  "If that's what you were aspiring to, you've succeeded.  In spades.  Are you really that blind?"  After all, his own best friend was madly in love with his wife...and they had been married nearly as long.

She lifted her hands to her face as she inhaled, then blew out a sigh.  Her fingertips pressed against her closed eyes gently, as though she could soothe out the sudden exhaustion she felt.  "I don't want to have another argument with you about something stupid."  Yep, their marriage officially fell into that category now!  "Let's just...reconvene tomorrow.  The seamstress should have a design by then."

visualspice

It was here the words made him frown, and frown deeply.
"We are married." he said. "And I'm not trying to argue." he wasn't, but he could see the anger was there. Setting his jaw, he drew in a careful breath. "I'd.. like to discuss this with you, Kathryn. About us, about our child.." Yes, even the one he'd rathe rnot speak of...
"And the future. I can not ignore our problems no more than I can ignore the problems of our people. I do know many are suffering, and the mage camps are over whelmed and..." he pressed a hand over his mouth, hiding his frown as he sighed through his nose then looked up at her.
"We haven't had a moments reprieve since our wedding. Maybe we need a vacation, or to host an archery contest or hunt." He dind't know. He honestly didn't but thse were the few things he could only assume she might considering she'd like...

Ivory

Kathryn had adopted a rather stubborn expression...but when he brought up their child, she flinched and looked away from him, as though he had physically struck her.  That was what had finally shattered her heart into so many pieces that she was still searching for them...

Wordlessly, she walked away from him back to her seat, picking up her alcohol on the way.

"What good is it going to do?  Maybe it will ease your conscience, make you feel like you really tried to make this work.  You might even fool yourself so well that you have one less thing to toss and turn over every night.  But what about me?  After all these years, how am I supposed to believe that you actually want to change anything?  How can I ever trust you not to go get wrapped up in your work, just like you always do and leave me alone just when I need you the most?"

She had started off quite rationally, and, for the most part, continued in that vein -- except that her voice was rising in volume.  "I have been trying for years to be as cold and unfeeling as you are, Calent!  You have broken my heart so many times, and when he died..."  Well...  Her hands shook, but she managed to pour herself another drink and down it just as fast.  No, she didn't want to talk about that.

visualspice

Seeing his wife become a mess before him began to break down the walls he held up as barriers inside his mind. Reality was crashing down around him like a storm. No longer could a barricade of ignorance be employed.

Standing from his chair, he yanked the bottle from her and threw it to the ground, wher eit smashed into tinkling, twinkling tiny pieces.
"You've had enough, Duchess Allarrick..." he said, and grabbed her by the arm. "Many men wallow away on that bottle of piss, and I won't see my wife go to it on account of me." And here, he shook her, growing fierce as he remained over her as an imposing figure-
when another voice came out from the way-

"Allarrick!" His visor had just stepped int the room. And he pause to see.. " Why.. you and the duchess... are you quarreling? Pray, tell me this is not the day that-"

"VESRIK!' Calent snapped, hisvoice sharp as a whip, and bold as a lion and his eye, were like venom as they glowed in their rage and hatred towards the man while he felt more o fhis internal walls fall. "GET OUT OF THIS ROOM BEFORE I RAM YOU WITH MY SWORD LIKE A STUCK PIG! I AM TALKING TO MY WIFE! AND WE WILL TALK IN PRIVATE!"

From a man as quiet and reserved as Calent, his voice shook the walls and made all go silent. Vesrik stared in disbelief for a time before hesitating in a bow as he muttered, "I'm sorry, your grace." And hten he left. For a long moment, Calent's eyes bore into the door before he turned around, but at the sight o fhis wife, they softened. And there he stood, a fire crackling behind him- a tenseness in the air, and his wife- probably quivering- maybe not out of fear, but hatred, just a few steps away.

Ivory

Kathryn had first reacted with indignation and outrage.  How dare he!  Anger flashed in her eyes, sparking like a lightning storm.

But Vesrik's interruption, while unfortunate for him, was well-timed, for, by the time Calent's eyes returned to her, the initial anger had faded.

Because he was right.  He was absolutely right.  On some level, she had known just how much she was drinking -- more and more as the days went on -- but, also, she just couldn't make herself care.  If that was what it took for her to get through the day, and as long as she stopped before becoming well and truly intoxicated, who cared?  Certainly not her husband.  And today, well, she had drank excessively, even for her.

By the time he looked back to his wife, tears had appeared in the corners of her eyes, banishing the lightning in those pools.  She didn't pull away from him; she simply stood there, staring at him...because that was the most emotion she had ever seen come pouring out of him.

"Wow," she said softly, sounding, still, a little stunned.  "Look at that.  I guess there is a man inside of that marble exterior after all."

visualspice

Calent's stance was imposing, his chest heaving by his anger, but at her words, his expression, albeit softer, had all but pulled away. His stance relaxed, and he close dhis boots together as he released an irritated breath and looked sheepishly away from his wife.
"I suppose... both of us have many reasons to be upset." he said, feeling himself shake a little before he closed his eyes and steeled it away, then glanced over to his wife. He saw the tears in her eyes and for a while, just stared at them. Then after a moment, he closed the gap between them, and brushed away one tear with a thumb.

"What if we started over...?" he whispered.

Ivory

God, she wished they could start over...

"What?" she wondered, looking up at him.  "Race through a field?  Have an archery contest beneath the moon?  Get lost in a storm?"

She sniffled quietly, reaching up with her hand opposite his to brush away the tear that had fallen and was meandering down her cheek.

"I always imagined that that was what our lives would someday be like.  We'd have adventures -- even if it was just the everyday ones."  The smile that appeared, tentatively, on her face was a mirror of all of the heartbreak she had experienced...and somehow survived.

"But I couldn't go through all of this again, Calent.  It would kill me."  With absolute surety, it would.

visualspice

Seeing all the emotions, te frustrations behind her eyes he hesitated not in taking his wife into his arms and held her, and just held her tight, keeping a hand to her hair and the other to the small of her back as he held her close against this warm, strong body and just kept her like that- well.. if he could, he'd keep her like that for all eternity.

After a time, he slowly leaned down to kiss the top of her hair.
"I love you, Kathryn," he breathed. And he only realized it now more than ever before. "And I believe you're worth fighting for." ANd before sh had a chance to protest, his lips smashed hungrily against hers.

Ivory

It had been a rather emotional day, filled with its ups and downs.  Mostly downs.  And Kathryn was not as good as steeling her heart as her husband was.  In spite of her best efforts, she wanted him to love her, to be the husband she had expected him to be rather than the man that he was.  And so against her better judgment and in spite of the tears that were rolling down her face once again, she simply turned her mind off and responded to his affections.

She needed him -- for so much and in so many ways.  She wanted a husband, not a stranger that she thought she had known once.  She longed to have him love her -- because her heart, that traitorous muscle pounding away in her chest, still clearly loved him.  And all of this she tried to put into that kiss, trying to communicate without words, and trying, so hard, to make him understand...

She couldn't take much more.

visualspice

He felt her need, and in doing so, felt her body. A hand gripped light into her hair, the other, pulled her even closer.
"Let me make love to you," he breathed, his eyes opening only to peer at her through his long lashes. "Right here. Right now."

Ivory

(OOC: Maturity warning begins now!  Cover your eyes, kiddies!)

It was dizzying, feeling, suddenly, so much at once.

Or maybe that was the liquor.

In any case, the thrill set Kathryn's heart to pounding.  Even on their best days, Calent was never so spontaneous or passionate...  And to think of all the servants, likely lined up outside the door listening for the quarrel to continue, suddenly hearing...

Kathryn's response was non-verbal, but it was certainly enthusiastic.  She kissed him again, eager and filled with a very different sort of need.  Her hands fumbled over the buttons on his waist coat, beginning to spring them open one by one so that he could shed the clothing that was so cruelly in their way.

visualspice

Kathryn wasn't the only one taken by madness. His hand were all over her, tearing at her clothes, growling and whimpering angrily through kisses when he recalled her corset-
and all of the anger he spat at Vesrik came back, and he dug his fingers into her dress and with a howl, he ripped the damn threads off. Now her dress, nothing but a shell, and his hands aching for it, he simply pushed it aside and claimed his reward, a hand smoothing over one exposed breast as he guided her towards the settee and continued to kiss her fierce.

Ivory

She felt him clawing at her, taken away by passion and driving her nearer and nearer to madness.  The corset around her torso tightened a moment, then tore -- and her breath flew away with it!  By the time they reached their destination, she was already panting, and a few of her husband's buttons had joined he pieces of her dress on the floor as she had all-but torn the waist coat off of him as well.

Her hands flew down to his pants, which were the next article of clothing to suffer from her impatience.  They were around his ankles -- and just in time too as she felt her backside collide with the settee.

Her hands found his, then, bringing them up beneath her skirt to the thin fabric covering her soaking sex, and she arched her back to bring her mouth up to his ear.  "Tear them off," she whispered huskily.

Oh, yes, she liked this unseen side of him...

visualspice

"At your command."
Ad he wasted no time gripping the hem of her dress and with one jerk- they were down, and anther angry grunt, they were off her legs and on the floor.
Both of them- now in nothing, were clothed in lust. He oogled his wife on the settee for just a moment, hands capturing her breasts, mouth feasting upon her silky-soft skin before he positioned himself over her and began to prod her with his cock.

Feeling the heat between her legs, he moaned and let his member lap across her soaked surface, and after just a few thrusts of teasing, could not handle any sort of fore play and just rammed himself into her- in one great thrust as he let out a yell

He didn't care that a few servants walked in on them as they were making love, they just gasped and walked away, all the while he was butt-fucking naked, and banging his wife on the couch. His hands found hers, fingers twisting them together as his lips locked all over hers as he shoved a tongue deep within.
"GOds.. Kathryn.." he spoke when he finally pulled away, pausing a moment so she could feel his swollen cock throb within her "Gods... you feel like heaven."

Ivory

Kathryn didn't even notice the servants; she was far too focused on her husband, on what he was doing to her, on the way her body was responding to him in ways it never had before...   Needfully, body flushed with passion, hands moved over his body, hips urging him deeper and faster, she gasped, whimpered, and cried out his name, words, unintelligible things...

Her hair, still fairly neat had pillowed beneath her head, but wisps of it had escaped to frame her face.  She looked up at him with shining, admiring eyes, seeing him suddenly for the first time in ways she had never imagined...

Reaching for him, her hand traced down his chest to his flat stomach, then slid over his hip to his back.  "Keep on pounding at those gates," she purred with a knowing smile, rolling her hips upwards encouragingly.  "And I'll really show you what heaven is."