Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

FORT ATTACK: sub-event for Connlaothian Civil war [EVENT COMPLETE]

Started by visualspice, January 12, 2014, 08:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kriv

I might do that, also I know this is random but do the sand pirates have anything to do with LP (lost planet) I know this is a bit irrelevant, I'm listening to sea shanties and my mind is wande- ALL FOR ME GROG, ME JOLLY JOLLY GROG!

visualspice

Quote from: Kriv on February 02, 2014, 09:30:36 PM
I might do that, also I know this is random but do the sand pirates have anything to do with LP (lost planet) I know this is a bit irrelevant, I'm listening to sea shanties and my mind is wande- ALL FOR ME GROG, ME JOLLY JOLLY GROG!

LOL, naw, I dunno what Lost Planet is so I don't think so? lol
The sand pirate plot was just an idea that amused me :)
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

INFORMATION ON FORT DHAGH

Fort Dhagh Map (listed above)

Camp Northesnwalle- First camp built in the North. Named after the outpost of the same name. The camp is made primarily of wood with a stone base.

Camp Hassfeld- A more recent camp. It's made entirely out of wood.

Camp Stonemire- Located to the east and at the foothills of the Kilanthro. There is a query nearby that helped supply most of the stone used in constructing Stonemire and also for Fort Dhagh.

Old Stone Tower- This was an old military outpost used to guard Stonemire and Northenswalle even before Hassfeld was constructed. Once the Fort was built, they were aiming to disassemble it and began to use the stones for the walls but stopped their task the moment Duke Harmond's twin sister, Kella Harmond, was brought into the camp. She is kept here as a prisoner with more comfortable amenities than most.

Front Gates- The only means to get in and out of Fort Dhagh is through the heavy, iron portcullis. The gate is heavily guarded with Connlaothian soldiers on look out and flags flanking both sides. Between four to six men are stationed at the front gate.

Keep- contains the main offices for the General and his advising men, the barracks, and dining hall. Black powder is also stored here under ground, as is the food supply. There is also a well located here and a hastily constructed toilet system for the men.

Stables/Corral- location all of the horses, wagons, and carts are kept.

Practice Field- a relatively flat and worn field the men use for practicing sword play and canon firing. There is also a shooting range.

Armory- The surplus weapons are stored here.

Forge- The weapons are created here.

Wells- There are various wells located throughout the Fort. Each camp has one, the keep has one and there is one located near the stables. It is also said an old, dried out well resides underneath the Old Stone Tower.

Walls- The Stable Tower walls and East Field Tower walls are the only remaining walls of this structure still constructed of wood. The Fort was built hastily of wood before the stone replaced it. The grey areas on the map mark which portion of the walls are in stone.

Stockman Query- This area is where the rock is mined for constructing all stone aspects of the camps and fort.

Towers
Front Gate Towers- The front gate has two main towers made of stone. These are known as the Front Gate Towers and separately, are called Front Gate Tower East and Front Gate Tower West, respectively.

Stable Tower- resides between the armory and the stables. This is still constructed primarily of wood. Construction has not begun yet on turning this portion into stone.

Inner Stable Tower- Located to the North of the stables and just south of Northenswalle, this tower was just recently rebuilt in stone.

Western Tower and Northenswalle Tower- are both constructed of stone and flank the east and north of Camp Northenswalle.

North watch tower- This is made of stone and resides between Camp Northenswalle and Camp Hassfeld.

North Hassfeld Tower and East Hassfeld Tower- are both made of stone and protect Camp Hassfeld.

Eastern Tower- A stone tower used to protect the Forge.

Stonemire Towers- Two stone towers protect Stonemire Camp to the east. They are called North and South Stone Mire Tower, respectively.

East Field Tower- This tower is half constructed of wood and half out of stone. This side of the wall is in the middle of being rebuilt as a stone wall, though the majority of it is still made of wood from it's initial construction period.

Terrain – The Northern portion of the Fort resides against the foothills of the Kilantrho Mountains where the south opens up into rolling hills that eventually flatten out into the expansive Sirantil Valley.

*All of the civil war art was created by me, copy right to me.
If you'd like to check out my art page, please view it <a href="http://visualspice.deviantart.com/">here</a>!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Already commented on the map in messenger but nicely done.

Anyway, so I guess Alastrom and Alanna will show up here because Kella has horrible luck and spreads it to her friends. Joy!

visualspice

JUST A HEADS UP:
This event will be run in a similar fashion (but probably smaller scale) to the Masked Ball event that preceded it.

There will be open threads and private threads, though if there are private threads, you're not necessarily required to read them- they're just private, one on one threads that are meant for a specific character set to play out that you don't want the entire group of available characters to affect :)

I'll post more on this closer to when the event will kick off~

visualspice

Everyone who expressed interest should have received a PM. I'll be starting this event soon but I need some more feedback before finalizing the event itself :)
Also, anyone else interested please let me know but read up on the information first prior to posting an inquiry- thanks!

Wicked Basket

I'm all set to go. Jacen will start off fighting with the rebels, but will switch sides after the Duke gets killed. Can't wait to get started.

Anadwen

I'm definitely certain about having Artemis join the mages and attack. Possibly also freezing someone by accident...

Nascent

KASNA MUST PARTICIPATE!!

This is the kind of thread that my psychotic White Lily Knight was, quite literally, made for. You can count on the Azure Thorn, lady of deadly smiles, to shed much rebel blood in defense of this fort!

*yandere smile*   For Grand Duke Calent, she'll kill them aaaaallll...

Alegretto

I'd like to get in on this if you're still taking people but I don't really have a Connlaothan character. :'( That said, I'm quite willing to make one to fill whatever role needs taking. It seems like there are not a lot of PC controlled soldiers in the grand duke's army. Is there an open spot there for someone to claim?

visualspice

Soldiers of any rank are really accepted- though at this particular attack, we have a General maintaining the place, so any men ranking below him or just ordinary soldiers would be fine- or anyone working at the fort or any of the mage camps would be cool :)  (see the map I drew in this thread for details)

They would need workers of all sorts ^_^
Hope this helps!

visualspice

Quote from: Nascent on February 23, 2014, 06:30:45 AM

KASNA MUST PARTICIPATE!!

This is the kind of thread that my psychotic White Lily Knight was, quite literally, made for. You can count on the Azure Thorn, lady of deadly smiles, to shed much rebel blood in defense of this fort!

*yandere smile*   For Grand Duke Calent, she'll kill them aaaaallll...

Awesome :D
I currently have none of my mordecai stationed here, so most were going to be presumed as npcs, but if Kasna will be there- it should make things interesting :D

On a side note, I might be starting up the threads for the preparations leading into this event soonish- so I'll post more details here once it gets under way!

Alegretto

Ok, I created a character for the fort attack. He's just an ordinary conscript named Nasin Cerea. Well. mostly ordinary. He represents all the poor grunts who are stuck fighting this war without really even knowing why.

Anadwen

My mordecai character, Mordred, will also participate! we need more PC mordecai!

visualspice

I forget if I mentioned it, but I'm thinking they'll be snow at this attack- thoughts? Just a fun thing to add to the drama- blood and snooooooooow.
Also, if anyone wants to be a mason or some such helping to update the remaining wood wall to stone- that's a possible idea I'm just gonna throw out there :)

Nascent

Quote from: visualspice on February 23, 2014, 02:00:55 PM
I forget if I mentioned it, but I'm thinking they'll be snow at this attack- thoughts? Just a fun thing to add to the drama- blood and snooooooooow.

My Skyrim senses are tingling so freaking hard right now.

I think a snowy setting would be loads of fun (and a bit of a tactical counterbalance should the attackers decide to set fire to the more wooden parts of the fort -- the place's chief vulnerability in my assessment). I am completely in favor oft his idea. ^_^

Quote from: Alegretto on February 23, 2014, 01:24:51 PM
Ok, I created a character for the fort attack. He's just an ordinary conscript named Nasin Cerea. Well. mostly ordinary. He represents all the poor grunts who are stuck fighting this war without really even knowing why.

Oooohhh... the veteran roleplayer in me likes where you're going with this. A character who's far more personality and perception than power -- you get an A+! I'm also veeeeery tempted to see if we can't get him and Kasna fighting together at some point, purely for the sake of contrast and storytelling potential. In fact, it might just be safe to assume that if we end up in the same thread for this she'll probably end up commandeering his squad to help lead the defense. Interested? ;D

visualspice

So like- somehow the sides in this fort attack got very uneven XD

I think I Might have to close the requests for people on the side of Connlaoth to see if anyone wouldn't mind being a soldier for Ajhfeld who got incorporated into Blaith's army before he steam rolls to the fort because as it stands- there are 3 characters on Blaith's side and 6 on the other lol

Or a character who might be a close in command with Blaith and Blaith's army before this (maybe some cousin of his or something). Blaith does't get close to much but he might be closer to family- so just putting that out there as I try to finalize this attack idea XD

Also keep in mind since this is a battle, I'll want people to be realistic and not assume hits on other player's characters and things when posting- and to take some injuries yourself ^_~ gotta get these characters nice and bloodied, bwahaha.
Can't wait :D I'm getting some ideas and I'm debating sharing some or waiting for the stuff to happen in the actual event- but we'll see!

Alegretto

Well I could also create a character for Blaith's army XD

Quote from: Nascent on February 23, 2014, 06:09:45 PM
Oooohhh... the veteran roleplayer in me likes where you're going with this. A character who's far more personality and perception than power -- you get an A+! I'm also veeeeery tempted to see if we can't get him and Kasna fighting together at some point, purely for the sake of contrast and storytelling potential. In fact, it might just be safe to assume that if we end up in the same thread for this she'll probably end up commandeering his squad to help lead the defense. Interested? ;D

I think this could be good. I actually have an idea about this, I'll PM you what it is and maybe you can PM spice to see what she thinks.

visualspice

Currently the following characters are confirmed and on board:
Aryn (rped by Cambie) SIDE: Rescue Kella? (so not really a side?)
Kella (rped by me~) SIDE: Um.. none- she just doesn't want to die or be a prisoner anymore D;

Killian (rped by me) SIDE: Soldier at the Fort
Serenus (rped by me) SIDE: General overseeing the Fort

Blaith- (rped by me~ >_> )  SIDE:  Duchy of Harmond!!! D<
Siana (rped by winters) SIDE: hired scout for the DUCHY OF HARMOND D<

Jacen (rped by wicked) SIDE: he's normally pro-mage but once he sees what Blaith is doing, he'll remain a soldier for Connlaoth and protect the fort
Kasna (rped by Nascent) SIDE: CONNLAOOOOOOOOOTH
Nasin (rped by Alegretto) SIDE: CONNLAoOOAOooOoOAOATH!

Artemis (rped by anadwen) SIDE: MAGES D< (ana- I need to discuss with you how it would make sense he'd support Blaith- so next time you're online we can figure this out 8D )
Mordred (rped by anadwen) SIDE: PROTECT THE FORT D<

Paradox

Dropping out of this. I just don't have the time.