Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

She Was Maid For This

Started by visualspice, February 28, 2014, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

When the morning came, Kella was awake before the others. But she was quiet, and the only noise that was heard was from the dying crackle from the fire. She was up on her bed, just a grey figure nestled against a grey wall, and from there, she had before her one of the books. Though she had her back towards the iron bars, the title of the book was at least visible. It was penned by Lady Hawkflight, The Dragon's King.

OOC: I didn't see specific titles for the books she brought but if I'm mistaken, I can fix XD
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Lillian has settled into her cot almost as soon as it was ready, curling her blanket around herself like a cocoon. Even then it was likely not to be exactly hot in this tower, she'd settle for warm, or hell, not freezing would be pretty great too.

Closing her eyes she again thought of how ridiculous her assignment was, and wondered if she was being punished for something her father had done to annoy Calent. Wouldn't surprise her if that was the case, but that thought brought the hint of a smile to her lips as she drifted to sleep.

Morning came far too early, and much too cold. Even wrapped in her cocoon of body heat, Lillian awoke stiff and chilled. It was only with great reluctance that she slid out of her uncomfortable cot, but as soon as she was out of her nest she hurriedly dressed to try to make up for the small amount of warmth she'd lost.

"Time to get up, Miss Barawa, stoke the fire, if you would. Let's see if we can't get a little heat in this drafty birdcage." Walking out she moved to the bars of the cell that held Kella and peered in curiously. Her green eyes examined the title of the book her prisoner was holding and arched a brow slightly. "An interesting choice, Lady Kella, but I do hope you enjoy it. The soldiers will bring hot breakfast for us all soon."

Probably porridge and toast, she thought with a grimace. Better than whatever the mages down in the camps were getting, certainly, but she wished she was home to sit at breakfast at her father's table. There'd have been a positive bounty laid out to select from.

visualspice

"I am enjoying it, thank you," she told her with a humble bowing of her head. "There are more than enough books here.. If any of you would like to read as well, please..." and she gestured to the pile. "Do not hesitate."
For what else were the three girls really to do for the rest of their days? Did the world really seek to keep her locked up in here, forever? It seemed a dismal fate, and she appeared a bit more grey for it.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

Siana had rose before both of the woman. She had stayed a moment, wrapped up in her  blanket, reflecting on her dreams.
I was a bear who slaughtered many wolves, she thought.
It made little sense, especially since she was a spider, after all, and not a bear. Still, she WISHED she were. Siana fancied having a suit of fur, but that wasn't meant to be. Even so, she shivered violently as she rose from her cot and quickly, but silently, got dressed. Practice with the laces made Siana's fingers nimbler. She took care that all her tattoos were hidden.

Better cold here than freezing in the wilderness, Siana thought, remembering her journey. 
At Lillian's order, Siana politely curtsied.
"Certainly," she cheerfully replied.
As she worked, she listened carefully to the women's conversation. 
"The librarian will be glad to hear of it," Siana said as she finished her work.
"He took great care with them. There. That's nice and cozy, isn't it?" Siana  continued, trying to avoid the subject of reading.

visualspice

"Have either of you ever read any of these titles?" Kella asked, feeling compelled to at least offer her companions some sort of lighter conversation than their task at hand. But her voice sounded so... different to her, so forced, so fake...
So far away. Perhaps it was just her own self being critical, but she tried to shake her doubt away. Too bad it clung to her, along with her fear, like a wet towel.