Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Late Arrival (Spicy!)

Started by zozee9, May 14, 2014, 01:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Pit pat, pit pat. Illi's delicate toes brushed upon the grass and dirt as she ran as fast as she could manage. The manor was now within sight, and a foolish grin spread across her face. To be able to celebrate Davishire's birthday with him made her happier than she would ever admit to her siblings (though they had all figured it out already, due to recent babbling and constant smiling) and she could only wish he'd enjoy the present she got him. Oh, if only she could reach him quicker! But it was hard to run in a full length dark blue dress, especially with both hands occupied and unable to hold up the abundance of fabric. In one hand, she held her pair of emerald heels. In the other hand, she held his gift.

Glancing up at the sky, Illi wondered how late she was. Perhaps a half an hour? A full hour? It was hard to tell, but she felt terrible. To be late on a very special day... it was a disgrace. But surely there were plenty of people to keep him occupied—maybe he hadn't even noticed she was missing! Illi couldn't decide if that would be a good or a bad thing, but whatever the case was, she knew she didn't want to miss one more second of the celebration.

Finally up the steps and in front of the large, closed door, Illi realized she should recompose herself. Wasn't the entrance the most important part of a party, after all? Leaning down, she set down her two shoes. And then she heard the door open. Cheeks flushed, hair a mess, and shoes not even on—this was not the entrance she had been planning on making. Illi's cheeks became even pinker as she blushed with embarrassment, wondering what in the world she should do.

OOC: whether or not Davishire realizes she's here yet is up to you—I can always write more!
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Unfortunately for Miss Illi (or perhaps, fortunately for her), Davishire had his back to the door when the servants answered it, and upon seeing the woman in such disarray gave them reasons to pause before inquiring, "Your invitation, Miss. So that we may announce your arrival?"

Though as they spoke, Davishire was being guided far, far away from the front doors in which she had just entered, and out onto the veranda, his mother clinging to his arm. SHe had caught him up in a social entrapment, and was trying to lead him towards a pair of twins she wanted him to meet...
She felt them a very fine match for her boy, and as soon as Davishire realized what she was up to, he immediately regretted allowing her to whisk him off, and found himself in quite the soured disposition as his mother, time after time, continued to press the issue of the twin's youth and beauty, and about Davishire's unfortunate circumstance of not being married.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Illi looked up startled at the servants as they spoke, silently thanking all gods that might be for not drawing too much attention to her. There were a few nobles that looked her way, but none of them seemed bother enough to point her out to others. Probably because just about none of them recognized her.

"One second!" she responded frantically with a worried smile. Picking up the side of her dress with one hand, she slipped her two shoes on. Illi then reached up and took her hair out of its messy ponytail deciding, for once in her life, to let it stay down. It formed loose and messy waves, but nothing too wild or unacceptable.

Taking a deep breath and hoping that her cheeks had at least calmed down a little, Illi put on a more relaxed and fitting smile before finishing, "I am Illi Treyburn, thank you."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

The servant raised a brow at the woman, hoping she would have produced the invitation he wanted, but after scanning the guest list, he saw her name and turned to the lady with a nod.
"Ah, why, yes, Miss Treyburn." And he gave the woman a nod and a polished smile. "Do enjoy your evening."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

"You too!" Illi responded joyfully. Hugging the present around her stomach, she pattered around the room, smiling at anybody she made eye contact with. She hardly recognized anyone, with the exception of a few older couples that seemed to somehow be at every party. She hadn't even seen Davina or Grace. Maybe they were all avoiding her as punishment for being so late.

Unwilling to let that idea bring her spirits down, Illi kept wandering about. How big could the house be, anyway? She had managed to find him in the huge house from the ball, surely this manor would be more manageable.

visualspice

By the time Davishire was able to 'politely' drag himself away from the socially entrapping conversation with the twins, he found himself with a fresh goblet of wine, and downing nearly all f it as his eyes scanned the crowd for any sight of Miss Illi. Still fearful she might not have gotten his invitation, he began to stalk across the main hall towards the servant out front who was going through the list of guests, however, before he could even make it-
He was once again, swept aside into some more conversations, this time with an elderly woman named Lady Penselton, and the Lady afforded Davishire no grounds in which to excuse himself, as he found himself standing there, impatiently shifting his weight from one boot to the other.

zozee9

Illi gasped as she realized something. She knew Davishire hated big events like this and, last time when he found the event stifling (though that was her fault), he went outside. So, she wondered, maybe he'd be at the terrace!

Wandering on outside, Illi quickly scanned the area and deduced that he was, in fact, not on the terrace. Even still, a breath of nice air felt wonderful. After a moment of pondering, she realized that the library would be another good guess. And it would be the perfect place to give him his present!

visualspice

Lady Penselton made Davishire suffer an ear full. It was almost an hour before he was able to break away, and when he was finally able to inquire to the man at the door about the guest list, the man simply shook his head.
"I do not know. I relieved the man on duty here so he could run to relieve himself." And while the servant blushed at such a thing, Davishire gave an exasperated sigh,a nd moved to stalk back through the crowd of people, doing his best to try to be evasive, but it seemed damn near impossible. Damn this party being  set up for him! Because just as he had made it across the room, Lady Penselton stopped him again!

zozee9

Illi had made her way to the library and, despite her best efforts, managed to get distracted by the walls of books. However, she escaped the lure of the words within twenty minutes (she was quite proud of this) and continued exploring around the house. Even a lesser noble like herself was stopped by a few people—though, to her dismay, they were all old women and not Davishire—to converse for a little while. Eventually, exhausted and worn out, Illi returned back to the main room.

And she immediately saw Davishire. She couldn't help but wonder if he had been there all along... though, given his stature, she doubted it would have been possible for her to miss him. It seemed much more likely that he entered some time after she left.

At first, Illi planned on letting him finish his conversation. Then she remembered that she wasn't quite the patient type and would rather just steal him away. Then she saw his clear expression of boredom and decided it was her duty to steal him away.

Illi walked up to the pair with confidence, a smile beaming on her face. It felt like so long since she had seen her wolf. Without sparing a beat, she tapped the lady on the shoulder and curtsied. "I apologize, but I'm afraid I have not yet given my wishes to the birthday man and would love for the chance to do so," she said as kindly as she could manage, knowing that the true message behind her words were quite clear.

visualspice

lli's rescue couldn't have come at a better time, for Lady Penselton had gotten to the point in her story she was going over the details about her eleventh husband's failures in the army, and then his inevitable death due to a striking illness that took him years to die from. How the woman had ever scored so many husband's was beyond Davishire's comprehension, and his patience, but it was difficult for him to even get a word in, but when someone cut in, Davishire gave a growl of relief, but the second he saw who it was, his green eyes brightened.

"Miss Illi!" he said, and Lady Penselton stood back in dismay, a hand to her chest as she observed Davishire's sudden change in demeanour,a nd immediately lifted up her spectacles to examine the young lady.

"My goodness, what a lovely thing. Are you one of Davishire's cousins?" the lady asked, truly ignorant to who the young Treyburn was.

zozee9

"Oh no," Illi responded politely. "I'm in fact a queen from far away"—in time—"; someone you probably don't know." How the lady could be so dense as to not realize she had been asking her to leave was beyond Illi's comprehension, but she wasn't going to be so undignified and rude as to say it directly. "And you, my lady, who might you be?" In all honesty, she didn't care in the least who the lady was. She just wanted to be able to speak to Davishire!

An idea crept into Illi's head and, despite her nobler judgement, she went with it. "Oh! And I almost forgot to tell you, Lady Davina told me herself that she wished to speak with you this fine evening. And although it is the great Lord Davishire's birthday celebration, I think we all know better than to keep Lady Davina in anticipation. I believe she wanted to hear about your husbands?" It was a cruel thing she was doing to Lady Davina, to send this sweet but overly talkative lady to her, but Illi figured no real harm could come out of it.

visualspice

"A queen?" Lady Penselton was taken back, using those spectacles again to look the girl over with scrutiny. "My, you are a bit under dressed, are you not? And that dress is not in the latest fashion - where did you say you are from, my dear?" And just as Illi went on about Davina, it appeared as if Lady Penselton was about to prepare herself for a long speech about Davishire's sister, but instead of letting her get in some long winded story out, Davishire cut in, "Look, there she is now. Now, do forgive us, Lady Penselton, but the Queen and I must catch up." And he took Lady Penselton's hand and kissed the top of it lightly before hooking arms with Illi and rushing off with her.

"You're late," he told her, not glancing down at her just yet as he began to lead her away from the crowd. But as they found themselves in a more quieter hallway, he sighed and smiled down at her, the smile a rare sight indeed.
"I was afraid you weren't going to attend."

zozee9

Illi laughed at how casually Davishire dismissed themselves from the lady, though she was surprised when he moved her to somewhere else. She had just been expecting to have to talk to him there, though the quieter and more private hall was much more preferable.

Illi had a small heart attack when Davishire called her out on being late and, though a small part of her was happy that he had noticed, she was worried that he was mad at her. But when he turned around and smiled, she couldn't restrain herself any longer. She quickly moved in and wrapped her arms around his back, giving him a big hug. "Of course I came!" she exclaimed quietly. Didn't want to draw attention to them, after all. "I wouldn't miss your birthday celebration for anything!" What she really wanted to say is that she wouldn't miss seeing him for anything, but even Illi was too embarrassed to mutter those words—especially to a man she wasn't really courting.

Gasping, Illi unattached herself and took a step back, holding out the rectangular wooden box his present was in. Grinning widely, she said, "I brought you something! Hopefully this will make up for me being late... though, you know, while I was late, but I have been in this manor for over an hour searching for you. Well, I admit, I did get briefly distracted by your library, but other than that apparently I was just looking in the wrong places. Anyway, a present for my King!"

Inside the box was an journal, full of blank pages and with a cover that was encased in wolf pelt. Illi had almost written his name on the first page, for it was meant to be a diary of sorts, before realizing what a silly mistake that would have been. Even that single word—no, especially that single word—would have carried so many images through it.

visualspice

When Illi embraced him, he could not help himself but tense. He wasn't a man who was used to or generally fond of affection, and what little he got from home was generally cold, the hugs being out of necessity rather than the heart felt squeeze and warmth Illi provided. His cheeks heated at the sentiment, and then peered down when she offered out the gift.

Not about to make her wait, he carefully pulled the ribbon from the box and opened it, and carefully lifted out the journal. As he flipped through the pages and admired the fur pelt hugging it's cover, he peered over the top of it down to Illi.

"A journal?" he stared at her curiously, and seeing the look in her eyes, he knew she was just about to burst in wanting to explain.

zozee9

"Yup!" Illi replied cheerfully. "I figured it would be a good thing to get you, since we both like reading and writing and all. It was made with the intention of being a diary, since I get the feeling that you don't tell others about your emotions much and it feels nice to write things down sometimes, but if you wouldn't like that, you could also just use it to write your boring and factual stories." She paused to take a breath and smiled widely up to him.

"Anyway, I wanted to make you something. At first I was going to sew you something with wolf pelt, so that you could wear your victory. You know, since the wolf part of the story represents grief and anguish and pain, it's as if that part of you would have been conquered... I hope that makes sense? It made sense in my mind. Continuing on, however, I realized that I didn't really know how to sew clothing as well as the fact that I'm sure plenty of nobles will buy you petty clothes. Plus, you have money enough to buy whatever you want to wear. So I decided I'd make you something more personal that would make more sense for you to have as well as have a connection between the two of us." Illi blushed lightly as she said this, but kept talking, hoping her embarrassment would leave. "I've never made a journal before, so I hope it all works and doesn't fall apart. I glued it more times than probably necessary, since I really didn't want the pages to fall out... but... do you like it?" she finished shyly, suddenly feeling more vulnerable than she had expected. It had taken her a while to make it—she started the day she got his invitation—but she wouldn't tell him that. Especially if he hated it.

visualspice

So what turned out to be just a simple journal, was now a lot more- and Davishire found his eyes widening a bit as she revealed the story behind the small gift. It looked rather small in his large hands, but he held it with care, smoothing a hand across the wolf pelt surface.

"I must admit, I have tried to keep a journal before, but I'm not sure I was any good at it. In my youth, that is. I think I'd be embarrassed to read that stuff now, but this.." And here he gave her a genuine smile, though it looked a bit wolfish as his grin exposed some teeth. "I think I could give it a go again. Thank you." And as he spoke it, he paused, awkwardly, realizing... how was he to thank her for this gift other than the appropriate 'thanks' he had already given? Though a part of him, he realized, had almost moved in to give her another sort of thanks....
a kiss...

and the realization of this startled him internally, for he was not a man to act upon such thoughts, at least not so boldly. And then realize he was standing there, simply stared at her, he gave her another smile, though this time more sheepish.
"I don't think I've ever received a more thoughtful gift. Thank you, Miss Illi," and, despite his hesitation and reserved nature, he ended up compromising in taking her hand and kissing the top of it lightly. "I'll be sure to put it to good use."

zozee9

When Davishire started talking with his first thank you, a hesitant smile appeared on Illi's face. She couldn't tell if he truly liked it, or if he was just saying that to be kind. His smile warmed her heart and tugged her belief towards him actually appreciating the gift... but she just couldn't tell.

However, when he thanked her again and kissed her hand, all her instincts told her to let go of her hesitation. It seemed he really did like it. She didn't know of his thoughts to kiss her, nor did the thought even cross her mind, but even still, Illi wasn't one for formalities.

A real, innocent, sweet smile replaced her hesitant one, and Illi reached up and gave Davishire another hug. But unlike her one before, full of unrestrained enthusiasm, this hug was of a gentler sort. It didn't disturb the serene and romantic scene, it instead enhanced it.

"Anything for my King," she responded quietly, a warm and playful blush spread across her cheeks.

visualspice

Davishire's face went completely red at such a phrase, and his face was already blushing from the hug, which made him uneasy since he was not one to demonstrate or act upon such sentimental emotions. In fact, hugs were rare in his family. He recalled when he was younger, having injured his leg- and all he wanted was to cling to his mother-

What he got was a helpful sibling instead. His younger brother was so small at the time- though eh supposed had he not been there to help him when he needed it most- he'd be as bad off as his sister Davina, or perhaps worse...

Inwardly, shaking the thoughts away, he rigidly pulled away from the embrace.
"There now, no need for such an amorous reply." And in a slightly more public setting, though it seemed anyone near by would pay the couple no heed. He was just embarrassed, not being used to such things- and with his family's eyes being everywhere (considering this was his home...) he just felt... well....

More defensive. It wasn't that he didn't want to show interest or anything else towards this woman, it was the fact if he did, and any member of his family saw...
He was just afraid of the consequences.

"I should take this to my room. Would you excuse me? I shouldn't be long."
He would invite her to accompany him- but with propriety...
Rules were rules, and he wasn't about to tarnish either of their reputations.

zozee9

Illi's light pink cheeks turned scarlet red when he said 'amorous reply'. She had meant for it to be flirty, yes, but thinking back on it perhaps it was a little too much to say. He clearly thought so... and at his immediate retreat, she wondered if the two things were linked.

"Yes, of course," she replied awkwardly before retreating to go get something to eat. And drink. She was acting unusually unlike herself, and was hoping that by distracting herself by the pleasantries of taste, she would return to her normal character.

Of course, this plan wasn't thoroughly thought through. She did manage to get ahold of a glass of wine first, but then she was immediately interrupted by none other than Lady Penselton who had quite a lot of questions to ask about her queenship.

visualspice

By the time Davishire returned, he could not believe the rotten luck that had befallen Illi, and quietly, he approached the pair when he made a noise, clearing his throat and Lady Penselton whirled around and turned on the newly arrived social prey.

"Ah, Lord Davishire! So good of you to join us. We were just talking about how lovely the this party has been. You and your family are most gracious of hosts!"

Davishire gave a small, toothy smile and stole a cool glance over towards Illi before directing his attention back to their social entrapper.

"Yes, it's unfortunate the celebration must revolve around my birthday, but I suppose there was no talking my family out of it. The women here do love to entertain."

And though Davishire had approached the pair in hopes to be a gallant rescuer, it seemed he too, had been caught up in her social trap! For Lady Penselton went on and on and on in such a tiresome way that by the time Davishire's patience was about to break, it was announced that dinner was to be served. Knowing he'd have to part ways with Illi here, he turned to her after bidding Lady Penselton a 'fond' goodbye and released a sigh.

"I think we deserve a bit of supper after that, dont' you think?" he told her with a bit of a smile.